PDA

View Full Version : Best NFL offseason in recent history?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
So i was thinking...

Wouldn't you guys say that this is the most excited you've been about an upcoming NFL season? And im not just talking about Texans, im talking about league-wide.

We get to see Vince Young, Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vernon Davis, Matt Leinart, LenDale White, AJ Hawk, Deangelo Williams, etc.

I can't remember an NFL season that i was this excited about. It's a new era for the NFL starting this year. It should be entertaining!

Thanks for listening! :)

TexansMVP
07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Yea I must agree with you, and for some reason I am reminded of the 2003 NBA draft when LeBron, Carmelo, D-Wade, and Bosh came into the league. Although they were all just rookies, you just had a feeling these guys were adding some new excitement to the league. This year's NFL rookies seemed to be pretty talented and should make things very interesting for years to come (esp :mario: ).

MorKnolle
07-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Yea I must agree with you, and for some reason I am reminded of the 2003 NBA draft when LeBron, Carmelo, D-Wade, and Bosh came into the league. Although they were all just rookies, you just had a feeling these guys were adding some new excitement to the league. This year's NFL rookies seemed to be pretty talented and should make things very interesting for years to come (esp :mario: ).

Don't forget the #2 pick Darko Milicic.

I am pretty stoked for the upcoming year, I think it should be interesting league-wide as we have a ton of new coaches, many of which are rookie head coaches at that, and a talented crop of rookie players, and for once a rookie class that is not dominated by hype surrounding QBs.

WiiBrawler
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
So i was thinking...

Wouldn't you guys say that this is the most excited you've been about an upcoming NFL season? And im not just talking about Texans, im talking about league-wide.

We get to see Vince Young, Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vernon Davis, Matt Leinart, LenDale White, AJ Hawk, Deangelo Williams, etc.

I can't remember an NFL season that i was this excited about. It's a new era for the NFL starting this year. It should be entertaining!

How did you get demoted? I dont remember you offending anybody? Also how did you get 287 posts and you just registered?

PS:Whats your name on the Titans board? Mine is Carr2Johnson, so PM me with your name

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 08:35 AM
How did you get demoted? I dont remember you offending anybody? Also how did you get 287 posts and you just registered?

PS:Whats your name on the Titans board? Mine is Carr2Johnson, so PM me with your name

Well, I am the fan of another team therefore I will talk some smack every now and then. But it's not like I come on here claiming the Texans suck and the Titans are way better. I know we both suck. 99% of the time I only talk smack if someone else does. People keep giving me negative rep, but I guess it's expected on another team's board.

Oh and i have so many posts because i post on here all the time

geofb
07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Well, I am the fan of another team

Oh and i have so many posts because i post on here all the time

Aren't we lucky!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Aren't we lucky!

Yes.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey TACK! I'm gonna make them luckyalso and post more often myself...
Whata y'all say fans?

The Texans, Saints, and Titans are the 3 worst teams in football, so i say why can't we all be friends!

HOU-TEX
07-19-2006, 03:38 PM
The Texans, Saints, and Titans are the 3 worst teams in football, so i say why can't we all be friends!

Hey I'm good with having other teams fans post. It makes it more interesting and fun. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least. A bunch of changes in the NFL this year along with an outstanding draft class.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey I'm good with having other teams fans post. It makes it more interesting and fun. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least. A bunch of changes in the NFL this year along with an outstanding draft class.

Yeah im fairly certain that neither the Titans, Texans, or Saints will be drafting in the top 10 in next year's draft.

MorKnolle
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah im fairly certain that neither the Titans, Texans, or Saints will be drafting in the top 10 in next year's draft.

I think at least two of them will, I don't see the bottom three teams in the league all suddenyl being that close to making the playoffs. My money is currently on the Texans finishing the best out of these three.

HOU-TEX
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I think at least two of them will, I don't see the bottom three teams in the league all suddenyl being that close to making the playoffs. My money is currently on the Texans finishing the best out of these three.

I hear ya, the Saints will be at bottom of the three. Crippled QB and an unsigned draft pick doesn't look real good. On the other hand I hope pud adams hair peice falls off which causes him to slip and eat it and ending up laid up. That way it'll let the coaches do thier jobs.:stooges:

SF49erFaithful
07-20-2006, 01:44 AM
So i was thinking...

I have to say this is the most talented draft class i think i have ever seen and i am really excited.

Only problem kinda is that i would like to see how some rookie QB's would do. However, i doubt any start barring injury, except Kellen Clemens who i guess could possibly win the starting job.

blockhead83
07-20-2006, 02:08 AM
This is the most exciting off-season I've watched since I started following football. It completely threw me for a loop when we passed on Reggie, yet somehow I've come to enjoy the tumult that little twister created. I hate the Titans, and they got the hometown boy who alot of Houston fans feel should have continued his career with his home team. You can't write this stuff; whatever little rivalry already existed between the Tacks and the Texans just amplified a thousand times. The Titans, Texans match-up should be really cool this year. We're both beginning in the cellar, we both had a great off-season, and we both have absolutely no clout outside of our own fan clubs. This year we can get a preliminary glimpse of who made the right call on the Vince Young dilemma, and who's off-season will pay enough dividends to vault them into the mix in the AFC South. Should be great.

I wanted Bush the most, but even at the height of my enamor, I wasn't quite sure how he'd stack up in the NFL. He hasn't ever really shouldered the load of an NFL back in his career, and he never proved he could run between the tackles. He's entering the league with expectations of being a player who will dominate as a back and as a receiver. I can't remember any player who has really accomplished what analysts seem to think Bush is capable of in recent history aside of maybe Marshall Faulk. Even Marshall didn'y really line up at receiver all that often, he caught alot of balls out of the backfield. That should be a very interesting development to see if Bush can live up to the insurmountable hype he created at USC.

TexanSam
07-20-2006, 05:45 PM
It's a new era for the NFL starting this year. It should be entertaining!

I don't know if I'd call it a new era for football. Just because the players in this draft seemed to be more talented than in others doesn't make it a new era.