PDA

View Full Version : Best Coach In NFL

WiiBrawler
07-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Who do you think, Note dont say Kubiak because we dont know good he will be

powerfuldragon
07-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Parcells, Bellichek, and Holmgren should be on the list.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Fisher is in the top 3 or 4. You can't count the last couple of years because you can't win with the youngest team in the NFL.

MorKnolle
07-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, and probably Mike Holmgren would be my top 5.

Speedy
07-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Bellichek, Cowher, Holmgren, Lewis, Shanahan, Dungy would be my top 6 in no particular order. Fisher, Billick, Saban, and Parcells would round out my top ten, with Kubiak waiting to bust into that group.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Bellichek, Cowher, Holmgren, Lewis, Shanahan, Dungy would be my top 6 in no particular order. Fisher, Billick, Saban, and Parcells would round out my top ten, with Kubiak waiting to bust into that group.

Lewis shouldn't be on that list. He makes too many bad draft decisions.

Speedy
07-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Lewis shouldn't be on that list. He makes too many bad draft decisions.Maybe so, but he's turned the Bungles around and is winning football games. That's gotta count for something.

Huge
07-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Lewis shouldn't be on that list. He makes too many bad draft decisions.
Lewis isn't responsible for the draft selections in Cincinnatti. Just as Jeff Fisher (who you said should be top 3 or 4) isn't responsible for drafting in Tennessee.

I'll go with Cowher. Others have more rings but he's quietly remained consistent for a very long period of time.

9 double-digit win seasons in 14 years.
11 of those 14 years have been winning seasons.
5 AFC Championship game appearances.
2 AFC Championships.
1 Super Bowl Championship.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Top 5

Bellicheck
Cowher
Shanahan
Holmgren
Fisher

Sorry, i dont buy into Dungy being a top 5 coach. Give any coach Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, the Edge, Dwight Freeny and they'd do just fine. Plus he hasn't taken the Colts anywhere except their recliners.

Double Barrel
07-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Best Coach In NFL

Bill Belichick - He's the only head coach in NFL history to win 3 Super Bowls within 4 years. That's simply amazing.

Speedy
07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Top 5

Bellicheck
Cowher
Shanahan
Holmgren
Fisher

Sorry, i dont buy into Dungy being a top 5 coach. Give any coach Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, the Edge, Dwight Freeny and they'd do just fine. Plus he hasn't taken the Colts anywhere except their recliners.
How quickly we forget. Him turning Tampa Bay, a horrid franchise at the time, into a winner means nothing? A team that hadn't had a winning season for 14 years before he got them one. A team that had 3 winning seasons in it's existance before he got there and he had 4 winning seasons in the 6 years he was there. That was pretty much Dungy's team that won the Super Bowl. Dungy has a .637 winning percentage as head coach. I think he's pretty good.

MorKnolle
07-17-2006, 04:04 PM
How quickly we forget. Him turning Tampa Bay, a horrid franchise at the time, into a winner means nothing? A team that hadn't had a winning season for 14 years before he got them one. A team that had 3 winning seasons in it's existance before he got there and he had 4 winning seasons in the 6 years he was there. That was pretty much Dungy's team that won the Super Bowl. Dungy has a .637 winning percentage as head coach. I think he's pretty good.

I agree, you beat me to posting this.

hadaad
07-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Bellicheck
Cowher
Dungy
Reid
Fox
Holmgren
Gruden
Shanahan

Nawzer
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Bellechik
Cowher
Holmgren
Dungy
Fox
Shanahan
Gruden.

TexanSam
07-17-2006, 04:14 PM
1. Bill Belichek
2. Bill Parcells
3. Bill Cowher
4. Mike Holmgren
5. Jeff Fisher

Hutch13
07-17-2006, 04:22 PM
1. Bill Bellichek
2. Bill Parcells
3. Bill Cower
4. Tony Dungy
5. Mike Holmgren

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Note dont say Kubiak because we dont know good he will be

I guess I shouldn't post anything then. :texflag:

WiiBrawler
07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I guess I shouldn't post anything then. :texflag:

Dont worry when Kubiak wins a superbowl, resurect this thread and post Kubiak

I will say Shanahan because he is the master of scheme, he can insert any runningback and make them look like pro-bowlers, and he can take on troublemaking players.

I will also say Cowher after the way he turned around the steelers and getting them a superbowl