PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Weaver article

Texans_Chick
07-17-2006, 11:07 AM
If you haven't heard him speak, you've missed out. He is a really good interview. Here (http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16905314&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=349537&rfi=6) is a random article I found.

After four years in Baltimore, Weaver signed with Houston as a free agent during the offseason and is looking forward to giving fans in Houston a team to rally behind.

'I'm excited,' said Weaver, who starred at the University of Notre Dame before being drafted in 2002 by the Ravens. 'We're definitely a team in search of an identity.'

One player also trying to give Houston an identity is Mario Williams, a defensive end who was chosen by the Texans with the top pick in the 2006 NFL draft.

Weaver has been impressed with Williams thus far, calling him 'a special talent.'

Williams' presence -- and the No. 1 pick next to his name -- also means the Texans' defense will be scrutinized right from the start of training camp. The Texans allowed the most offensive yards per game of any AFC team.

'For us on defensive line, there's going to be a lot of pressure,' Weaver said. 'Nobody wants to be shown up out there.'

Weaver is also putting pressure on himself to maintain the level of play he has displayed individually in his first four NFL seasons.

In those four years in Baltimore, Weaver registered 136 tackles and 14.5 sacks and also forced five fumbles.

'I just want to continue to get better as a player,' said Weaver, who left Notre Dame with 160 career tackles, including 42 stops behind the line of scrimmage. 'I want to stop the run and rush the passer. I'm not flashy, but I'm consistent in what I do.'

Texan Asylum
07-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Stan, clear you PM's out. Your max'd out, and I can't send anything to ya.

Hulk75
07-17-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm not flashy, but I'm consistent in what I do.'

That is nice, sounds like a guy you never have to worry about.

wrestler4life
07-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I keep thinking what a bunch of quality guys we are putting on this team, both in attitude and ability.