PDA

View Full Version : What Happened???

BroussardSaint
07-15-2006, 01:44 PM
this time earlier this year no one knew who mario williams was. and Reggie was King of the world. talk about band wagon jumpers Y"ALL (some) are....:goodbad: one way or the other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7TM3fZwZs

NEROtheZERO
07-15-2006, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7T...h=reggie%20bush seems around this time earlier this year no one knew who mario williams was. and Reggie was King of the world. talk about band wagon jumpers Y"ALL (some) are....:goodbad: one way or the other.
Intruiging analysis, I never looked at it that way.

The Pencil Neck
07-15-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7T...h=reggie%20bush seems around this time earlier this year no one knew who mario williams was. and Reggie was King of the world. talk about band wagon jumpers Y"ALL (some) are....:goodbad: one way or the other.

I get a malformed video id on that link.

1. I only started coming here during this year's draft to find out how other Texans fans were reacting to the draft and to get more informed opinions on the guys we were picking up.

2. Prior to the combine, I had only the vaguest notion who Mario Williams was.

3. Since I'm only a recent poster, I don't have any proof of this but... I never really thought we were going to take Reggie Bush, Young, or Lienart. I felt our RB and QB positions were fine. Because of our history with the OL, I expected us to trade down with the Jets and pick up DBrick with the 4th pick and the Jets to take Bush to replace Curtis Martin or either Lienart or Young to replace Pennington with the first pick. I expected Mario to go to the Saints, then either Lienart or Young to the Titans. The only question I had with this scenario was the possibility that DBrick would go to the Saints at which point I had no idea what we'd do: Mario? AJ? Vernon Davis? I had no idea.

When I heard the night before the draft that we were going to pick Mario, I thought it was just a ploy to put pressure on someone to make the trade. With all the moves we'd made on the DL the past couple of years, I really didn't expect us to pick Mario.

Wolf
07-15-2006, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQI4VYb6iGM&search=mario%20williams%20

this happened

Bob explained in about a minute into the video

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Speak for yourself BroussardSaint. You must not watch much college football if you didn't know who Mario Williams was before the draft.

blockhead83
07-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Don't feed the troll. Good luck with Reggie.

Wolf
07-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Wow!! until you turned me on to that video i thought Bob McNair was a highly educated and informed owner. to me he sounded like he beat around the bush (no pun intended ), in giving reasons for picking Mario. for one saying that by signing mario he knew he would be in camp on time. HMM!! wasn't Carr signed and in camp on time?? and Tony Bosseli was signed before anyone else huh?? what are they doing for you now?? Bush (the #1 every houston fan wanted) will be signed and will be in saints training camp. there's no need for houston fans to hate on Reggie because you're front office messed up. hate on you're rivals IE: COLTS,TITANS,JAGS.

I am not hating on Reggie.. What is funny is no team wanted to trade with Houston or N.O. for the "greatest" thing (rumors are Jets wouldn't part with their picks to N.O. Yes, Reggie would be a nice addition to any team, but what we needed was defense. I mean look at the Colts. all that offense and no SuperBowl.. Reggie wasn't going to stop Payton,Wayne, Harrison etc..

We closed the gap (maybe not caught them) with our division rivals with the addition of Kubiak,Moulds,Williams,Ryan, spencer,winston..etc.

At least on paper and that is all we can go on right now until the season starts.

HJam72
07-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Reggie Bush is a RB with a huge upside and an almost equally huge downside. That is not what THIS team needed, although it was still very tempting. Mario was the best choice for this team, if Carr doesn't wind up having to be replaced.

I could put down every choice this team made in that draft, except Winston and Spencer in the third round, but there is an obvious method to the madness there and it needs to be given a chance to prove itself.

texan279
07-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey man i'm with you on who needs who. what i was trying to get at was all these people trying to hate on Reggie now that the Texans passed on him. He was the GOD of all players when it was reported that the Texans would pick him. and Mario wasn't even known or talked about. now Mario is the greatest thing next to God. and all of a sudden Reggie is weak, and fragile, and has problems.? i just never seen so much jealous fans on any other site than i do here. Texans fans worring about other teams players than their own.

So has Reggie signed a contract yet?

Lucky
07-15-2006, 03:48 PM
...what i was trying to get at was all these people trying to hate on Reggie now that the Texans passed on him. He was the GOD of all players when it was reported that the Texans would pick him. and Mario wasn't even known or talked about. now Mario is the greatest thing next to God. and all of a sudden Reggie is weak, and fragile, and has problems.
If you had visited this board before the draft, you'd know that Bush was not a unanimous choice among posters. There was a strong Vince Young contingent. Plus, a decent collection of fans who wanted the Texans to look at non-skill players (including Mario) and/or trade down. Among the posters who advanced this idea most often was Morknolle (you can search his posts).

After Reggie's issues with New Era Sports were discovered, some Bush fans began to cool on him as the 1st pick. Still, most Texans fans were surprised that Mario was signed a day before the draft. But it was a pleasant surprise for many.

DocBar
07-15-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=BroussardSaint]Hey man i'm with you on who needs who. what i was trying to get at was all these people trying to hate on Reggie now that the Texans passed on him. He was the GOD of all players when it was reported that the Texans would pick him. and Mario wasn't even known or talked about. now Mario is the greatest thing next to God. and all of a sudden Reggie is weak, and fragile, and has problems.? i just never seen so much jealous fans on any other site than i do here. Texans fans worring about other teams players than their own.[/QUOTE
I think it's more a case of loving what Mario brings, after we got more familiar with him than really hating on Bush. IMO, the "new" has worn off since the draft and RB is just another RB to us, now. He's lost Superman status. We have our own Super Mario. Are we supposed to sit here and while away the days til TC pining for Bush? Like has been posted earlier...if any of the top picks were THAT great there would've been a little more action. Maybe it's because it was such a deep draft, I dunno. I DO know that nobody was willing to make a deal to move up and "steal" Reggie. He might be th greatest thing since Earl Campbell, air conditioning and mosquito repellant, but it is somewhat telling that neither the Texans OR Saints made deals when they were willing to deal.

the wonger need food
07-15-2006, 03:59 PM
This is funny. The fan of a team who has exactly 1 playoff win in 40 years of existence.

Why don't you head over to a team's board that you have more in common with (e.g. embarrassing futility), like the Lions or Cardinals.

Wolf
07-15-2006, 04:03 PM
how do you figure that?

DocBar
07-15-2006, 04:04 PM
i did visit the board before the draft and think that 4 to 1 is a unanimous choice. for Reggie or Vince. you know as well as other Texan fans out there that you got the wrong #1 draft pick/player out there. whether it's Reggie,Vince, or who ever. Mario the player who only showed promise in the last half of last year is not worth the money or much less the #1 pick. the only thing he will bring you is the #1 pick next year. if you know what i mean...
You should do your homework. Mario had a very good collegiate career and will go on to have a great pro career. Why are you so concerned with it, anyway? His career pretty much mirroed Julius Peppers' and some say it was a bit better.

Lucky
07-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Mario the player who only showed promise in the last half of last year is not worth the money or much less the #1 pick.
Of the top 3 picks in the draft, Mario was the only player who earned a starting position by his 1st college game. So no, Williams had plenty of promise from the start. What he didn't have going for him was playing on a high profile team such as USC or UT. And he didn't handle the ball or score TDs.

Guys who play along the line will never get the hype of a skill player. But, they're paid very well in the NFL. Because it's common knowledge that blocking and tackling well will win championships.

the wonger need food
07-15-2006, 04:08 PM
I Hear you. Too bad you're team is heading in the same dirrection.

40 years... 1 playoff win. Your team is by far the worst in the history of the NFL. Come back in 35 years and we'll talk. In the meantime you should go talk your smack to the... uh... well, no one. Like I said, your team is the worst in the history of the NFL. The Tampa Bay Devil Rays board might be a good place for ya.

Wolf
07-15-2006, 04:11 PM
You should do your homework. Mario had a very good collegiate career and will go on to have a great pro career. Why are you so concerned with it, anyway? His career pretty much mirroed Julius Peppers' and some say it was a bit better.

exactly

that is what gets me.. his career (mario's) matched up with Julius' .. yet not worthy of #1 pick? .. And yes one could nitpick Mario's game and say well he got his stats mainly from a few games and "disappeared" in other games.. And if Mario was inconsistant at the college ranks, well imagine what his stats would have been if he was consistant...

With that said, that is up to Karmelowicz to get him to be consistant along with Richard Smith

Wolf
07-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Look at you're record!!!!

that is not saying much, Saints have had more to work with .. before this season, I would have liked us to have some players on offense like McCallister,horn,stallworth etc..etc..

baring injuries, I doubt we will be picking #1 overall this season

Oh BTW thanks for the Winston pick :D

DocBar
07-15-2006, 04:16 PM
exactly

that is what gets me.. his career (mario's) matched up with Julius' .. yet not worthy of #1 pick? .. And yes one could nitpick Mario's game and say well he got his stats mainly from a few games and "disappeared" in other games.. And if Mario was inconsistant at the college ranks, well imagine what his stats would have been if he was consistant...

With that said, that is up to Karmelowicz to get him to be consistant along with Richard Smith
Mario has admitted that he had some problems to overcome in the blocking schemes ofeensive lines used against him. Whatever his talents are, he's STILL just a kid. He has a lot of learning to do and some growing left to do. I, for one, am GLAD Mario didn't peak in college. His best days are ahead of him. Unlike a certain "smallish" running back who had to rely on a bigger back to shoulder the load. I can't wait to hear the sAints excuses for that little fact.

The Pencil Neck
07-15-2006, 04:26 PM
exactly

that is what gets me.. his career (mario's) matched up with Julius' .. yet not worthy of #1 pick? ..

And beyond that, Mario was at least #2 on a lot of draft boards. It's not like he came out of nowhere and they drafted some totally unknown guy. They got a guy that was #2 on a lot of boards and #1 on a few (granted he was lower on some others but usually in the top 5-10.)

Personally, with the stable of RB's that the Saints have, I think there's a good chance that it was a mistake taking Bush... assuming that Deuce stays healthy. And even if Deuce isn't healthy, Bush isn't going to be a replacement for him. Bush is going to have to be used other ways than you use Deuce. They're going to have to design the offense around using these two backs together and if either one is out, the offense is probably going to suffer. I think the Saints should have taken DBrick or one of the QB's.

threetoedpete
07-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey man i'm with you on who needs who. what i was trying to get at was all these people trying to hate on Reggie now that the Texans passed on him. He was the GOD of all players when it was reported that the Texans would pick him. and Mario wasn't even known or talked about. now Mario is the greatest thing next to God. and all of a sudden Reggie is weak, and fragile, and has problems.? i just never seen so much jealous fans on any other site than i do here. Texans fans worring about other teams players than their own.
Jealous ? You can go back into the college/draft section here and there were many of us that were aganst Prince Reggie. It's been hashed and rehashed. The ONLY thing we're disappointed about, is that tinkerbell butt couldn't generate 3000 points in value in the draft. We didn't decide that fact...the other thirty teams decided that. Might be a Randy Moss thingy. My money is on the other thirty teams. I gotta a feelin' that Reggie will go the way of Archie Manning. A very promising athelete, in a long line of tallented athletes, who carrers were waisted in a bad frachise. Most of us are looking at the Prince Reggie situation as dodging a bullet. And I gotta fellin' , after a few years in the 500 dog house, there will be quite a few Saints fans with bags on their heads once again. Shoulda pulled the trigger with the Jets.JMHO. We'll see. Gonna sell a bunch of jerseys on doubt.

DocBar
07-15-2006, 04:32 PM
OH you got excuses? we do too. "I would like to have some players on offense like Manning,Harrison,Wayne,James. ETC........
Um...the Texans have 4 years in the NFL not 40. The sAints have been a losing organization for so long that the most notable aspect of the team is that fans often choose to wear paper bags over their heads when they attend games. I wouldn't be bringing up records. Our kicker blew a kick in SF that gave US Mario. Why don't you just admit that's why you're spending so much energy defending Bush. You're really jealous because we have Mario and you don't.
:bag: Look familiar?

Wolf
07-15-2006, 04:33 PM
OH you got excuses? we do too. "I would like to have some players on offense like Manning,Harrison,Wayne,James. ETC........

no excuses, just saints have had talent on offense and yet they almost got #1 overall :hmmm:

bigtex77
07-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Look at you're record!!!!

Saints: 39 years to build a winner. One playoff win.

Texans: Four years of existance. Will win a playoff game in the next 2-3 season. I'd say we are well ahead of schedule.

DocBar
07-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Good post man. i was just trying to get through to all those Reggie bashers who thought he was God until the Saints got him. now they want to worship Mario and get on their knees in front of him.....
I never thought he was god much less God. You have Mario envy. I feel for you, but make that first step. You can't solve the problem til you admit there is one. The peeps on here are good and we'll have an intervention for you.
Put down the vaseline and step away from the Mario poster...

(am I gonna get in trouble for this?) :hides:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
IMHO Bush might be the next Barry Sanders. He may put up good/great numbers but his TEAM will not make nor WIN playoff games. Mario on the other hand may change the intire game just being on the field IF he can be the player that our CS/FO think he is. Other teams are going to have to ajust to mario were as other team will KEY on Bush. They have'nt even played a game yet only time will tell. I'll be the first to admit I WAS a Bush fan until the draft, now with more info. I'm a die-hard Mario fan. Mario was what the TEAM needed a pass rushing monster. NOT a undersize,unsigned,"I want as much money now cause I might not get another chance" player that is Bush

threetoedpete
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Good post man. i was just trying to get through to all those Reggie bashers who thought he was God until the Saints got him. now they want to worship Mario and get on their knees in front of him.....
Well I still have my doubts about Mario. I support the club and the direction they went..but anytime a player gets the "motor" tag...I get jumpy. He has the physical tools to be a monster. We'll find out about the heart this fall. Did we draft Tarzan or Jane ?

DocBar
07-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Well I still have my doubts about Mario. I support the club and the direction they went..but anytime a player gets the "motor" tag...I get jumpy. He has the physical tools to be a monster. We'll find out about the heart this fall. Did we draft Tarzan or Jane ?
If you don't have doubts about draft picks, you're nucking futs. We can speculate all we want, but not one of them has a produced a single iota at the pro level. The difference between bust and a bust in Canton can be mighty thin, especially when you're talking about the kind of investments teams make in unproven talents fresh out of college. A 3rd rounder generally gets much more leeway than a 1st or 2nd rounder. It's up to both of these young men(and 30 others) to earn their lofty status. That can be very hard for youngsters. The difference between Mario's and Reggie's upbringings leads me to favor Mario being a bit more mature and dedicated.

Wolf
07-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I knew by the end of reading this it would have a Mario advantage

shouldn't expect anything else due to the nature of the website :D
:texanpride:

LORK 88
07-15-2006, 04:58 PM
For you BroussardSaint, 2 threads I started awhile ago as to why I didnt want Bush, and why I like the Mario pick. I had to have some justification instead of just saying I wasnt a Bush bandwagon fan . . .

Anti-Bush in Houston Thread (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=15626)
Reasoning for Mario (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=22934)

DocBar
07-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Of course it does. Mario seems to be a well grounded young man. Reggie seems to not be. I think that maturity level plays an important role in a players career. Maybe Bush will be a late bloomer on that issue. Really, I wish Reggie and the sAints all the luck in the world. May we meet in the Super Bowl this February and we can put this arguement to rest!

The Pencil Neck
07-15-2006, 05:01 PM

Well... duuuuuuh. Where are you again?

The Pencil Neck
07-15-2006, 05:03 PM
IMHO Bush might be the next Barry Sanders. He may put up good/great numbers but his TEAM will not make nor WIN playoff games.

I have said exactly the same thing in some other threads.

DocBar
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I was actually for Bush way back in late December. Then as things calmed down and I could rationaly think, I became more and more skeptical that he would be the answer. By draft day, I was hoping for D'Brickshaw or Hawk. Now that we Mario, I'm happy with the pick. NFL drafts are a lot like fighting with your spouse. If you get all emotional and do what "feels good at the time", you usually end up regretting it. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed and I like the pick. I just wish the sAints fans liked their quit whining about it.

TheCD
07-15-2006, 06:45 PM
i did visit the board before the draft and think that 4 to 1 is a unanimous choice.

Uhhhh....

Unanimous: consentaneous: in complete agreement; "a unanimous decision" http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-27,SUNA:en&q=define%3A+unanimous

Do you not know what unanimous means? 4 - 1 is a majority...Unanimous would mean 5-0. In other words, it means that no one disagrees.

cap1
07-15-2006, 07:27 PM
To respond to your Video here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5R8y4gxE88&mode=related&search=mario%20williams%20

That is why we took Mario

TK_Gamer
07-15-2006, 07:30 PM
he's just mad cuz he knows the saints had planned on us trading down and taking D'brick, wich would have given them mario, it's too damm funny IMHO
:mario:

OzzO
07-15-2006, 08:39 PM
this time earlier this year no one knew who mario williams was. and Reggie was King of the world. talk about band wagon jumpers Y"ALL (some) are....

Because the media, especially "East coast or S. cali Polished-up Not really news" hype machine force fed it to the masses so for the "average fan" in the masses - they knew of Bush or Young (hometown fav and the two "names" in the one college game most watched). Leinhart would've been the other hype name, but he couldn't beat out VY in the Houston / Austin area and surrounding counties.

Plus as mentioned above - right after the Rose bowl, there was an influx of trolls pointing out how much they knew the player that the Texans should pick.

Luckily, the Texans brought in a quality FO the 2nd time around that seemed to do a little more resarch on what the team needed more than the "2 film review" (from another player back in the day) or going after the sexy pick. As I think our ex-GM noted "once you select whom the fans want, you're in trouble".

Knee jerk reaction after our pick was a resounding WHAT?!?! from me, but either the homer in me eventually took over or the rationale the Texans gave after the pick was making sense (maybe a little of both) but I'm cool with the pick now.

Plus, not dogging Reggie - hope he does well... but ya know, if you visit an opposing team's board - you know they're gonna dog on all other 31 teams regardless of who it is, did you expect something else?

TK_Gamer
07-15-2006, 09:20 PM
just one more thing.. as ar as none knowing who mario williams was,?, he was listed on everyones draft board in the top 5 since the before the rosebowl even, i believe he was on the original scouting report before the combine on this very board. to most football fans who he was was never in question. imho passing on RB was never in question , we just dont need him. i think the plan all along was to trade down and take a defensive player or o-lineman, there were just no takers. wich left mario the best need/talent pick on the board for our team. you think the front office waits for who espn and all the other mock draft mongers decide who we should pick? lol

SF49erFaithful
07-15-2006, 09:52 PM
To respond to your Video here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5R8y4gxE88&mode=related&search=mario%20williams%20

That is why we took Mario
Cool highlight, i would post my all-time favorite highlight video but that would be off topic. We should have a highlight thread

Texanfan4ever
07-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Um...the Texans have 4 years in the NFL not 40. The sAints have been a losing organization for so long that the most notable aspect of the team is that fans often choose to wear paper bags over their heads when they attend games. I wouldn't be bringing up records. Our kicker blew a kick in SF that gave US Mario. Why don't you just admit that's why you're spending so much energy defending Bush. You're really jealous because we have Mario and you don't.
:bag: Look familiar?

LOL Love it! Ditton on all that to the Saint fan. Obviously he is jealous or he wouldn't be over here on our board crying about it all. So Mr. Saint, we are excited because we have :mario: :mario:

Overalls
07-15-2006, 10:42 PM
LOL Love it! Ditton on all that to the Saint fan. Obviously he is jealous or he wouldn't be over here on our board crying about it all. So Mr. Saint, we are excited because we have :mario: :mario:

Do the Saints even have a message board/

South Texan
07-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Why would a Saints Fan / Reggie Lover be picking on us for taking Mario... If he is being honest about liking Bush, he should be thanking us!

Pushing for us to pick Bush is like my ex-wifes reasoning. It's OK to buy all that neat stuff for the house in the deparment store that you don't really need, and worry about the light bill later (after you get disconnected of course) because the stuff in the store is not only really neat, it's on sale!!

Mario should fill our biggest need. Admittedly we probably got a little lucky that Ryans, Spencer, and Winston were all still there in later rounds for us.

So to the N.O. fan, I am sorry if you feel we stuck you with Reggie because your management was afraid of the ridicule if they passed on him for what your team may of needed more. But I sincerely hope he does have an occassional exciting run just to make the games a bit of fun for you.:ok:

TK_Gamer
07-15-2006, 10:55 PM
well the facts are:
mario is signed
bush isnt
we all are seeing the logic and benefit of taking mario and looking at practice photos of him saying "that guy is a beast!"
bush hurt his hamstring allready and noone got to see much

so i can see why saintsfan would be envious and bitter.

WELL TOO BAD!

mexican_texan
07-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Cool highlight, i would post my all-time favorite highlight video but that would be off topic. We should have a highlight thread
We did, but it was locked. Someone posted another thread and it was merged with the locked thread. Don't bother looking for it, I already looked and couldn't find it.

Texansfan36
07-15-2006, 11:32 PM
So what your saying Mr. sAint, is that since the Texans drafted Mario, and we've grown to like what he brings to our team, that we are jumping on the Mario bandwagon. Are you suggesting that those of us who wanted Reggie should start liking the sAints? That would be like a die hard Texans fan liking (forgive me for saying this) Pey-me-a-ton Manning (this would be if the Texans were around before he was drafted) and then jumping ship because the Clots got him. To me if someone did that then they are jumping on the bandwagon. I have no idea why you would want to bash us for growing to like who we picked, you guys got bush isn't that good enough for the sAints.

Sorry for the long post, if it doesn't make sense(as most my posts don't) then I'm sorry I'm kinda tired.

Go Texans!!!

SF49erFaithful
07-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Who cares Saints guy, everyone is happy with who they ended up with and even though i would have taken Bush, the Texans chose to fill a bigger need. Houston is happy with Super Mario, you are w/ Bush, and I'm stoked that GB passed on Davis! :bananasplit: :yahoo: :whip: :banana:

Texansfan36
07-16-2006, 03:29 AM
^In that case I apologize(sp?)

rafterticket
07-16-2006, 04:49 AM
You crack me up, Broussard. Let's face some facts, NFL wise.

Who has ever done anything with the saints? (lower case intended)

Archie was as close as that team will EVER get. It's a bigger hole than Detroit. Which is nothing but quarterback Hades.

Read this: Your team will NEVER win a Super Bowl. EVER.

Meanwhile, we are a team that will be overly lauded as on the rise. I would rather root for that, than be an NFL joke. JOKE.

Please reply.

Texansfan36
07-16-2006, 04:51 AM
As the same I can't stand the Falcons, hope Reggie and the Saints have a good season.:yahoo:

TK_Gamer
07-16-2006, 05:49 AM
what are you talking about? i just put a positive post toward you're texans. are you drunk or stoned??
What the heck are YOU talking about ? its your thread lol, you call us bandwagon jumpers and bush bashers and whine because we picked the right guy , matter of fact you whine almost every time yer on this board. then cant figure out why you dont get a positive response. get a clue and post yer whining on yer own board.

:fireball:

Erratic Assassin
07-16-2006, 07:27 AM
2. Prior to the combine, I had only the vaguest notion who Mario Williams was.

I remember Lance from 610 AM saying that Mario was the best player in the draft. At the time, it was a foregone conclusion that we were getting Reggie.

Lance was just as shocked as everyone else when we found out that we got Mario. He actually seemed disappointed that we got the guy who he had claimed earlier would be the best pick in the draft.

DocBar
07-16-2006, 07:50 AM
want to find a classy board?? go to saintsreport.com and read their posts. and look at how many times they feel the need to bash some other teams players...
sAints fans have way too much stuff to bash the sAints with to bash other teams!!!

TheCD
07-16-2006, 08:08 AM
this thread was started by asking why most fans thought Reggie was everything. and now that someone else was picked by the texans (Mario) all of a sudden these people jump off Reggies banwagon and feel like they need to bash him. ie: he's fragile, he's got character issues ,etc....
I hope Mario does good for the Texans. cause i don't think payton can't do anything with pressure on him.

To answer your question...I think that we were all blinded by the "Reggie's the best thing there ever was because 99% of all the sports analysts say he's going to be the next Michael Jordan...no, wait...he's going to be BETTER than Michael Jordan!"

Anyways, I really think that the media and everyone kept pushing all of his positives down everyone's throat and hiding the negative aspects. I mean, hell...you take ANY other running back in the NFL and say he's only going to run the ball MAYBE 15 times a game, and they'll tell you he's a back who won't be in the league very long...but not Reggie, he's Superman incarnate.

I think the thing is that most of us Houston fans were latching onto that pre-Draft euphoria (including myself) where we couldn't wait to take Reggie and we didnt' care if we had DD. But in hindsight, after all our complaining and what-not, we've come to realize that Mario fills a real need that Reggie would not have.

And personally, I don't think Kubiak wanted Reggie for a minute myself...could you imagine him trying to get Reggie to fit into our system? Hardly...

Coach C.
07-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Most of you were blinded. There was a contingent on this board that were pulling Mario before you guys even knew who he was. Hell I had to even tell one of his biggest supporters Morknolle about him because he had not seen much NCST football over the years. To Morknolle, KT, myself, and the rest of the people that never jumped on the Bush or Vince bandwagon have a Heiney and a cigar.

Brandon420tx
07-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Anyone got that Official Welcome Mario To the Texans thread?

MorKnolle
07-16-2006, 11:13 AM
this thread was started by asking why most fans thought Reggie was everything. and now that someone else was picked by the texans (Mario) all of a sudden these people jump off Reggies banwagon and feel like they need to bash him. ie: he's fragile, he's got character issues ,etc....
I hope Mario does good for the Texans. cause i don't think payton can't do anything with pressure on him.

Most of the more knowledgable fans acknowledged before the draft that Bush did have faults but many of them were also caught up on the hype machine as much as everyone else in the country was and they were convinced that he was going to be our pick so they were excited about it. Now that we picked Mario and they've heard more about what Mario brings to our team they've somewhat forgotten all the Bush hype and have latched on to the great player and great person that Mario Williams is. Most fans couldn't get much good info on Mario before the draft because ESPN and every other media source were all over Bush, but now that our FO made the right choice and the general public around here are getting a true impression of Mario they like what they see, and of course they aren't going to get on the MB and whine how we didn't get Bush (although there was plenty of that in the week or two following the draft, go check out those threads if you want to see all of that), so that element of the issue has vanished from the boards.

Most of you were blinded. There was a contingent on this board that were pulling Mario before you guys even knew who he was. Hell I had to even tell one of his biggest supporters Morknolle about him because he had not seen much NCST football over the years. To Morknolle, KT, myself, and the rest of the people that never jumped on the Bush or Vince bandwagon have a Heiney and a cigar.

Indeed during the college season I hadn't heard a whole lot about him, but NC State and defensive players in general frequently don't get much pub. Once I started looking into him more and followed his Combine workout etc. he quickly became my top choice for this team.

thunderkyss
07-16-2006, 12:50 PM

It might help, if you'd find a post of one of those Reggie Bashers, demonstrating Reggie's fall from Godlike status...... I think it would be fun, as I was against drafting Reggie from Day one...... not that he isn't a god, but because our coach makes runningback gods....

So we aren't in the same position as more desperate teams..... teams whose starting backfield already get's paid more than many teams complete offensive unit........ and this is before Reggie is even signed......(a bit of hyperbole)...

I actually consider mysel a Saints fan (I've been following them since the Ricky Williams trade)............. I think you screwed up with signing McAllister for such a long term with so much gauranteed.... to me, that loks like a mistake, given his health concerns, and since he may never be what he used to be....... drafting Reggie might have been the best thing you guys could have done. Right now the money looks goofy(and you haven't signed Reggie yet) but I'm sure you'll get all that squared away in the next year or two......... bye-bye Duece......

And before you start arguing with me about Duece, that is the only way drafting Reggie makes since. Concerns about McAllister's health. Even though you also have Benette.

anyway............ there were only two reasons your team couldn't win.
#1..... you'd get a lead, and try to sit on it..... makes no sense. 3 and out, and your defense couldn't hold.

#2..... your defense couldn't hold..... why not?? You give away DEs like Darren Howard, so you've got a pass rush...... but your secondary, and Linebakers couldn't hold.

Now, what have you done about your linebackers and secondary?? that's where your Wins and loses will come from.

thunderkyss
07-16-2006, 12:52 PM
You crack me up, Broussard. Let's face some facts, NFL wise.

Who has ever done anything with the saints? (lower case intended)

Archie was as close as that team will EVER get. It's a bigger hole than Detroit. Which is nothing but quarterback Hades.

Read this: Your team will NEVER win a Super Bowl. EVER.

Meanwhile, we are a team that will be overly lauded as on the rise. I would rather root for that, than be an NFL joke. JOKE.

Please reply.

In all seriousness, I think Aaron Brooks has surpassed all Archie Mannings records with the club.......... yards, TDs, wins...... you name it.

adrianshrev
07-16-2006, 01:04 PM
:superman: well, i can't say much except that i got what i wanted from the start i wanted us to address both lines and we did ... remember i asked a ?? earlier i jan/feb what r the team needs mor u and thunder agreed we needed both lines fixed hope we keep improving and going in a positive direction. :bowser:

Bobo
07-16-2006, 11:37 PM
No he hasn't. just like about 30 other first round rookies. I will prob. be the first one to post when he does. is that what you all are thinking that is better than Reggie or Mario is that one is signed? even before the draft?? Goes to show how much confidence Mario had to sign without trying to negotiate a better deal.

If you don't think signing a contract early and getting into camp is important, then let me introduce you to another former Texas standout: Cedrick Benson.

El Tejano
07-17-2006, 10:08 AM
this time earlier this year no one knew who mario williams was. and Reggie was King of the world. talk about band wagon jumpers Y"ALL (some) are....:goodbad: one way or the other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7TM3fZwZs
You're team new about Mario before the draft because they were going to get him and now yall act like he was a nobody.

Hookem Horns
07-17-2006, 10:35 AM
If Tom Benson has his way Bush will still end up on Texas, San Antonio that is. If not there he'll be going back home to L.A.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 11:33 AM
This is funny. The fan of a team who has exactly 1 playoff win in 40 years of existence.

Why don't you head over to a team's board that you have more in common with (e.g. embarrassing futility), like the Lions or Cardinals.

Yeah but atleast they have had a winning season in the past 4 years

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Saints: 39 years to build a winner. One playoff win.

Texans: Four years of existance. Will win a playoff game in the next 2-3 season. I'd say we are well ahead of schedule.

Hahahhaahahha. This is one of the most ridiculous posts ive ever read. You've had 4 years of existence and won like 18 games, then you go on to say that you will win a playoff game in the next 2-3 seasons and that you are "well ahead of schedule." Sorry i didn't know you were a psychic, maybe you and Miss Cleo can start a business.

OzzO
07-17-2006, 12:48 PM

At least they didn't inherit a team on the rise and fill up the bandwagon right away with "fans" after the team's previous city went through many mediocre years with a nub of an owner.

Your turn. :tease:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 12:50 PM
At least they didn't inherit a team on the rise and fill up the bandwagon right away with "fans" after the team's previous city went through many mediocre years with a nub of an owner.

Your turn. :tease:

So when the Oilers moved here everyone in Nashville was not supposed to support them? Maybe we shouldn't have bought those PSLs in 1996. Man i never realized that i am not a "real" fan. WHAT AM I THINKING??? I JUST JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON, GOD IM AN IDIOT

the wonger need food
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM

How impressive.

Mods, can we ditch this troll?

OzzO
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
So when the Oilers moved here everyone in Nashville was not supposed to support them? Maybe we shouldn't have bought those PSLs in 1996. Man i never realized that i am not a "real" fan. WHAT AM I THINKING??? I JUST JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON, GOD IM AN IDIOT

First step is admitting it. :) So, you're saying (not you) but joe schmo fan off the street would've embraced the Titans to date just as much if they came in to Tennessee with a few 2 win seasons in a row?

...well, I guess the Texans fans did as well, since we haven't had a winning season yet (maybe just answered my own question) but they WERE on the right track till last year's bottom out... but man it just felt really good in '02 to have the NFL back and a home team to root for... plus being rid of a Bud.

Guess I'm just sick of the "talk to us when you have a winning season" typcial Jag smack... didn't expect it from a Titan.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
First step is admitting it. :) So, you're saying (not you) but joe schmo fan off the street would've embraced the Titans to date just as much if they came in to Tennessee with a few 2 win seasons in a row?

...well, I guess the Texans fans did as well, since we haven't had a winning season yet (maybe just answered my own question) but they WERE on the right track till last year's bottom out... but man it just felt really good in '02 to have the NFL back and a home team to root for... plus being rid of a Bud.

Guess I'm just sick of the "talk to us when you have a winning season" typcial Jag smack... didn't expect it from a Titan.

The ONLY time i talk smack on here is if someone says the Titans suck or something of that nature.

And when i posted earlier on this thread about the Texans sucking it's because some dude was trash talking to a Saints fan about the Saints sucking. If you count from the 2002 season to now, the Saints have done a lot better than the Texans. So i just don't understand his reasoning.

Tailgate
07-17-2006, 01:58 PM
The ONLY time i talk smack on here is if someone says the Titans suck or something to that nature.

And when i posted earlier on this thread about the Texans sucking it's because some dude was trash talking to a Saints fan about the Saints sucking. If you count from the 2002 season to now, the Saints have done a lot better than the Texans. So i just don't understand his reasoning.

Because it isnt an apples to apples comparison.

DocBar
07-17-2006, 02:11 PM
The ONLY time i talk smack on here is if someone says the Titans suck or something to that nature.

This is a TEXANS MB. I don't think you should expect anything less when a fan of another team comes here and talks trash. I couldn't even tell you if the Thumbtacks HAVE a MB and I don't care. I come here to talk about my team. I hate the tacks with the same passion as the cowgirls and I will talk trash about them at every opportunity. Good, bad or indifferent, that's how it is. The sAin'ts are irrelevant. Always have been, always will be. Kinda like the Cards. BTW, the tacks suck. Badly.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:23 PM
This is a TEXANS MB. I don't think you should expect anything less when a fan of another team comes here and talks trash. I couldn't even tell you if the Thumbtacks HAVE a MB and I don't care. I come here to talk about my team. I hate the tacks with the same passion as the cowgirls and I will talk trash about them at every opportunity. Good, bad or indifferent, that's how it is. The sAin'ts are irrelevant. Always have been, always will be. Kinda like the Cards. BTW, the tacks suck. Badly.

Titans all time record against the Texans: 6-2
Titans vs. Texans last year: 2-0
Titans final record last year: 4-12
Texans final record last year: 2-14
Titans draft picks: Vince Young (best college QB), LenDale White (most rushing TDs in NCAA)
Texans draft picks: Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans (both very good defensive players, but neither is dominating)
Titans notable offseason FA pickups: David Givens, Chris Hope, Kevin Mawae
Texans notable offseason FA pickups: Putzier (mediocre at best), Eric Moulds (good addition)

thunderkyss
07-17-2006, 02:24 PM

The Titans suck............ or something of that nature.

:whip:

:fireball:

:spy:

DocBar
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Titans draft picks: Vince Young (best college QB), LenDale White (most rushing TDs in NCAA)
Texans draft picks: Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans (both very good defensive players, but neither is dominating)
Texans notable offseason FA pickups: Putzier (mediocre at best), Eric Moulds (good addition)
Tacks still suck. Always will. If you want to hear people sing their praises, you came to the wrong place.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Tacks still suck. Always will. If you want to hear people sing their praises, you came to the wrong place.

Haha i know. Titans and Texans suck. It's just fun to argue who sucks more. That's why i like talking with Texans fans, we are on the same page as far as supporting teams who currently suck.

Thanks for letting me post here though. We can argue all day who sucks more if you want.
:hunter:

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 02:30 PM

So we were bad before. It's called we've gotten better. Name the players the Titans lost and name the players the Texans lost (basically nobody). Vince Young isn't even going to start until halfway or more through the season and LenDale White is the #3 RB behind Brown and Henry (even though it looks like one of those two are on there way out). Demeco and Williams will both be starters and you will see how dominating Williams will be when we play you.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:32 PM
So we were bad before. It's called we've gotten better. Name the players the Titans lost and name the players the Texans lost (basically nobody). Vince Young isn't even going to start until halfway or more through the season and LenDale White is the #3 RB behind Brown and Henry (even though it looks like one of those two are on there way out). Demeco and Williams will both be starters and you will see how dominating Williams will be when we play you.

Was that an argument or are you agreeing with me? Both teams have improved. You guys will be atleast 3 wins better than last year and so will we. I think you guys made a mistake on passing on VY and Bush but we will just have to see.

In a perfect world VY and LW turn into Eddie and McNair and Mario and Demeco turn into Reggie White and Ray Lewis

swtbound07
07-17-2006, 02:35 PM
the titans suck...the texans USED to suck. Thats the difference.

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Was that an argument or are you agreeing with me? Both teams have improved. You guys will be atleast 3 wins better than last year and so will we. I think you guys made a mistake on passing on VY and Bush but we will just have to see.

In a perfect world VY and LW turn into Eddie and McNair and Mario and Demeco turn into Reggie White and Ray Lewis

To a point yes. I still think we will be a good team and we will be better than you this year. :texflag: We will both be improved, but us much more. You guys will probably get 5-7 wins this year with us probably 7-10.

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 02:39 PM

you hit it right on the nail :fireball: :bowser:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:40 PM

I don't understand this statement. How do you guys not suck anymore? There hasn't been one down of the 2006 season played yet and you think you don't suck anymore? Who's to say you won't have 2,3,4 wins? Anything can happen and it's possible you repeat a 2 win season. You NEVER know. So you can't just say "the texans USED to suck" cause you have no idea.

TexansFanatic
07-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Enjoy rooting for your Bud Adams team. I know I tried to enjoy it for quite a few years. What a complete waste of time that turned out to be.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Enjoy rooting for your Bud Adams team. I know I tried to enjoy it for quite a few years. What a complete waste of time that turned out to be.

So are you saying rooting for the Texans is better?

swtbound07
07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't understand this statement. How do you guys not suck anymore? There hasn't been one down of the 2006 season played yet and you think you don't suck anymore? Who's to say you won't have 2,3,4 wins? Anything can happen and it's possible you repeat a 2 win season. You NEVER know. So you can't just say "the texans USED to suck" cause you have no idea.

Sure I can...IM To say we wont have 2,3,4 wins....I would also be willing to bet a fair sum of money the titans wont crack 5 this season. the 2006 season doesnt have to happen....your franchise could go 16-0 and they would still suck. The treatment of the city of houston, of our fan base, is enough to relegate the titans to the depths of nfl hell forever. I don't care how improved you are....you still suck.

hadaad
07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I'd rather be a cow skull than a flaming thumbtack.
What does a thumbtack have to do with titans, anyway?

texan279
07-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I'd rather be a cow skull than a flaming thumbtack.
What does a thumbtack have to do with titans, anyway?

Their logo looks like a flaming thumb tack.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Their logo looks like a flaming thumb tack.

Which isn't really an insult. Hence, why I call myself a "tack fan" in my username.

HOU-TEX
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Sure I can...IM To say we wont have 2,3,4 wins....I would also be willing to bet a fair sum of money the titans wont crack 5 this season. the 2006 season doesnt have to happen....your franchise could go 16-0 and they would still suck. The treatment of the city of houston, of our fan base, is enough to relegate the titans to the depths of nfl hell forever. I don't care how improved you are....you still suck.

:rofl: Yea, what he said!:tease:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 03:38 PM
:rofl: Yea, what he said!:tease:

Boy i can't wait til the season starts. When we sweep you guys again i am going to have some fun on here.

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Boy i can't wait til the season starts. When we sweep you guys again i am going to have some fun on here.

If we get sweeped by you we must be on our way to another 2-14 season. And that's not going to happen. Just be happy that you used to be able to beat us and try not to worry about us facing you this year.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't know about that man. Remember their team USED to suck:rolleyes:
And BTW our overall record is 1-0 against the Texans:bananasplit:

Yeah and you have had 1 losing season since '02. They've had 4. The Saints might "suck" as an organization, but i think they're just stuck in mediocrity. Unfortunately for the Texans, they are stuck in the basement. (and yes i know the past couple of years the titans have been too, the Titans do currently suck you dont have to remind me)

Chicagotexan1
07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Forget the troop pull out of Iraq. Lets start the NOLA "victims" pullout of Houston.

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
If we're going to go off of what happened in years past I guess the Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl every year.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 03:55 PM
If we're going to go off of what happened in years past I guess the Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl every year.

A lot of people have them favored to return.

HOU-TEX
07-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Hey everybody SSSSHHHHH, the Tack fan is sleeping because he's dreaming of some pretty good BS.:stirpot:

BigDTexansFan
07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey BS,

Talk noise when you got the name on the dotted line, no wonder no one respects Aints fans. You clowns need to get a real coach not some castoff from Dallas, I see Reggie signing SOMEDAY and it will be during 2006 season BUT not before season starts

Bush (the #1 every houston fan wanted...NOT ME) will be signed and will be in saints training camp (CRACK TALKIN). there's no need for houston fans to hate on Reggie because you're front office messed up( your front office is going to have to pay Full Time price for a Part Time RB who already has missed a lot with his hamstring problems). hate on you're rivals IE: COLTS,TITANS,JAGS. I guess BS Aint thinks telling truth about Reggie is hating on him, well maybe he should get used to people telling truth about Reggie and we will see him hating on Reggie when Reggie holds out:stirpot:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey everybody SSSSHHHHH, the Tack fan is sleeping because he's dreaming of some pretty good BS.:stirpot:

If you guys sweep us i won't leave either, i will come on here and take the hits.

HOU-TEX
07-17-2006, 04:01 PM
If you guys sweep us i won't leave either, i will come on here and take the hits.

I hear ya. In all reality it's going to be an interesting year to say the least.:ok:

thunderkyss
07-17-2006, 06:08 PM

I like that, especially since we've already got our Aikman and Emmitt.....

thunderkyss
07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah and you have had 1 losing season since '02. They've had 4. The Saints might "suck" as an organization, but i think they're just stuck in mediocrity. Unfortunately for the Texans, they are stuck in the basement. (and yes i know the past couple of years the titans have been too, the Titans do currently suck you dont have to remind me)

Ooooh..........ooooh........wweeeeeeee.e..........

yose gonna be eatin some crow buddy........... big ole Texas sized Crow.......

thunderkyss
07-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Forget the troop pull out of Iraq. Lets start the NOLA "victims" pullout of Houston.

nothing personaly Chicagotexan........ but do you see the Irony here??

edo783
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I think the Titanics logo looks more like a flaming meatball. Seems to match up with their owners persona pretty well.

MorKnolle
07-17-2006, 09:38 PM

As much as I hate contributing to this argument, the Saints (and any other team in the league) weren't starting from scratch in 2002 like the Texans were (the Saints first winning season came in their 13th year of existence for comparison). If you want to compare us we still have a long way to go before we reach the futility of the Saints.

For that matter, your own franchise started the 1990s by going 9-7, then 11-5, 10-6, and 12-4, then had a serious slip and went 2-14 (made a coaching change half way thru the year) before rebounding and going 7-9 and 8-8 before moving to Nashville.

I'm not trying to create excuses for us because we were a dreadful team to watch last year, however I am still under the impression that the majority of that was coaching rather than that severe of a lack of talent, and now that we've changed that around while adding some serious pieces of talent on the field I think we are definitely capable of making the same kind of turnaround that the Oilers made in the mid-1990s.

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL!!! give her a break. she's from chicago. where they wouldn't even think to help out a fellow american. Thanks, HOUSTON for helping the people out.

Hey I live right around Chicago. You've got no reason to judge people like that.

Bobo
07-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Sure I can...IM To say we wont have 2,3,4 wins....I would also be willing to bet a fair sum of money the titans wont crack 5 this season.

I've got news for you. The Las Vegas bookmakers have posted the over/under for the Texans at 5.5 wins. And these are unbiased observers laying money on it. The Titans may not be much better, but you might be careful not to delude yourself in regards to the Texans. They have a long, long way to go.

Bobo
07-18-2006, 11:04 AM
If we get sweeped by you we must be on our way to another 2-14 season. And that's not going to happen.

Sez you.

Chicagotexan1
07-18-2006, 12:08 PM
LOL!!! give her a break. she's from chicago. where they wouldn't even think to help out a fellow american. Thanks, HOUSTON for helping the people out.

Wrong on both counts genious. Both means 2, don't strain yourself. I am from here. Although some parts around here are now as bad as some parts of Chicago due in large part to well let's just say the visitors. At least bail bondsmen are thriving - AYE-YEEEE!!!!

TexansFanatic
07-18-2006, 12:19 PM
So are you saying rooting for the Texans is better?

You bet I am. Success starts at the top and I'll take Bob McNair over Bud Adams every day. This is an expansion team we are talking about here (the Texans), not a 46 year old team with a dismal overall record and some of the finest chokes in the history of sports including the biggest come-from-behind loss in NFL history (your glorious Oilers/Titans).

Enjoy!

TexanAddict
07-18-2006, 12:24 PM

I, for one, did not feel this way.
Exhibit A (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=231018#post231018) Exhibit B (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=286515#post286515)

Chicagotexan1
07-18-2006, 12:27 PM
what's up with name?/

Was there - now here. Can I assume Broussard is a town in LA?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
You bet I am. Success starts at the top and I'll take Bob McNair over Bud Adams every day. This is an expansion team we are talking about here (the Texans), not a 46 year old team with a dismal overall record and some of the finest chokes in the history of sports including the biggest come-from-behind loss in NFL history (your glorious Oilers/Titans).

Enjoy!

I could care less about the Oilers. Sorry. I'm a Titans fan. I don't even think I ever watched the Oilers play. I'm only concerned with 1997 and on.

TexansFanatic
07-18-2006, 12:44 PM
I could care less about the Oilers. Sorry. I'm a Titans fan. I don't even think I ever watched the Oilers play. I'm only concerned with 1997 and on.

You might want to think it's a different team, but with the same owner you will always have the same team. Question: how many winning seasons has Jeff Fisher had in his 12 years as head coach? Answer: 4. Very nice!

Enjoy!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 12:47 PM
You might want to think it's a different team, but with the same owner you will always have the same team. Question: how many winning seasons has Jeff Fisher had in his 12 years as head coach? Answer: 4. Very nice!

Enjoy!

I'd rather have 4/12 winning seasons and an AFC championship than have the Colts record and no championships at all. Even though we lost there is nothing like watching your fave team play in the Super Bowl.

BTW, Jeff Fisher is one of the most winning active head coaches with a 101-85 (.543) record. There is a reason that he is regarded as one of the best coaches in the NFL...

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
where you live at?

I live a little north of Chicago. You can't judge people by where they live. Just because a group of people might be one way doesn't mean everyone is. But I'm moving to NC so it doesn't really matter that much.

TexansFanatic
07-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Even though we lost...

Spoken like a true Oilers/Titans fan.

Enjoy!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Spoken like a true Oilers/Titans fan.

Enjoy!

nice response...

TexansFanatic
07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
nice response...

Sorry to needle you so much. My disgust/distaste/sheer hatred for Bud Adams tends to ooze like a sore that won't heal. I hope you enjoy Vince Young as much as I enjoyed him as a Longhorn. But I hope you don't win any championships as long as Bud is alive....

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Sorry to needle you so much. My disgust/distaste/sheer hatred for Bud Adams tends to ooze like a sore that won't heal. I hope you enjoy Vince Young as much as I enjoyed him as a Longhorn. But I hope you don't win any championships as long as Bud is alive....

Apology accepted. I can understand the hate towards bud and the hatred that the oilers moved. i get where you are coming from.

HOU-TEX
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I'd rather have 4/12 winning seasons and an AFC championship than have the Colts record and no championships at all. Even though we lost there is nothing like watching your fave team play in the Super Bowl.

BTW, Jeff Fisher is one of the most winning active head coaches with a 101-85 (.543) record. There is a reason that he is regarded as one of the best coaches in the NFL...

This is true, but for myself rooting for the Texans, I can deal with a few years of winning records before we get to the "Ship".:rolleyes:

I actually liked Fisher when he was promoted to head coach when the Oilers were here. I still think he's a good coach coaching for a bad organization.:crying:

michaelm
07-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Texans fans worring about other teams players than their own.

says the person trolling another team's message boards...

BTW... my company has a yard in Broussard right on 90... Superior Offshore Intl.

BigDTexansFan
07-19-2006, 12:03 AM

look at stats

TENNESSEE TITANS
(Titans lead 6-2)
2002 Titans, 17-10 (TEN)
Titans, 13-3 (HOU)
2003 Titans, 38-17 (TEN)
Titans, 27-24 (HOU)
2004 Texans, 20-10 (TEN)
Texans, 31-21 (HOU)
2005 Titans, 34-20 (HOU)
Titans, 13-10 (TEN)
(Points: TEN 173, HOU 135)

so you guys won 6 games and yet could only do it by a margin of 38 points (avg 's out to a margin of victory of 6 points per game.....WOW).

lets play common opponents here is Titans record vs Cowboys

vs. dal 5 6 0 196 235

Texans vs Cowboys

vs. htx 0 1 0 10 19

ask Cowboys fans which game means more to them playing Tennesee Trailer Park Dwellers or Houston Texans. They will say not worried about Thumbtacks OR Vince Young, they want to beat Houston that is only game they worried about.

here is a new mascot for Thumbtacks, perfect for those family reunions where family tree doesn't fork :shoot:

DocBar
07-19-2006, 04:14 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going!!! I love it!!!! Tacks & sAints STILL suck!!!!
:stirpot:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-19-2006, 08:27 AM
look at stats

TENNESSEE TITANS
(Titans lead 6-2)
2002 Titans, 17-10 (TEN)
Titans, 13-3 (HOU)
2003 Titans, 38-17 (TEN)
Titans, 27-24 (HOU)
2004 Texans, 20-10 (TEN)
Texans, 31-21 (HOU)
2005 Titans, 34-20 (HOU)
Titans, 13-10 (TEN)
(Points: TEN 173, HOU 135)

so you guys won 6 games and yet could only do it by a margin of 38 points (avg 's out to a margin of victory of 6 points per game.....WOW).

lets play common opponents here is Titans record vs Cowboys

vs. dal 5 6 0 196 235

Texans vs Cowboys

vs. htx 0 1 0 10 19

ask Cowboys fans which game means more to them playing Tennesee Trailer Park Dwellers or Houston Texans. They will say not worried about Thumbtacks OR Vince Young, they want to beat Houston that is only game they worried about.

here is a new mascot for Thumbtacks, perfect for those family reunions where family tree doesn't fork :shoot:

Does that change the fact that you've only won 2/8 games against us? Does that change the fact that you haven't had a winning season?