PDA

View Full Version : Carr Getting some attention

Coach C.
07-14-2006, 04:24 AM
I know we are too long a way from the start of the season. It is nice to read that people are starting to at least look at our team though. There are articles abounding about the change in Carr and how well he could do. Here is one from Foxsports.com so enjoy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5781908

DocBar
07-14-2006, 04:38 AM
I hope these writers are better than draft experts are at projecting draft picks. Other than that, just a retread article. FLUFF

Hutch13
07-14-2006, 04:49 AM
I'd be pleased with 7 or 8 wins like the guy said he could.

thunderkyss
07-14-2006, 07:58 AM
yeah Carr

DocBar
07-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Come on TC. Most of this stuff has been recycled more than Houston's drinking water.

wrestler4life
07-14-2006, 10:14 AM
still...
it is nice that they are saying that he has it in him and taking notice.

TexansSeminole
07-14-2006, 10:18 AM
True, the guy is right too. Good to see people putting some faith into one of our players or coaches.

hollywood_texan
07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Last paragraph is right on the money,

"If Carr plays like I think he will, Houston can win seven or eight games. This can disrupt Indianapolis from getting home-field advantage or hurt the playoff chances for the Jags if Houston can split with these teams. If Carr performs like last season, this is a four-win squad."

TexansFan4EvR
07-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Thought this was really interesting this guy actually likes the Texans to win 7 to 8 games this year. Also he thinks we can take home-field advantage away from the omg colts!!:drool:

7. David Carr, quarterback, Texans

Here's one for the clip and file department: I think Carr finally puts it all together this year. New Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is a quarterback guru. And in talking to Carr late last year, he was begging for guidance from someone who has played the position.

Mike Sherman takes over as the offensive line coach. And the talent along the previously pathetic Texans offensive line got much better with the signing of Mike Flannagan and the drafting of Eric Winston and Charles Spencer.

Plus, Carr has new weapons to play with. Eric Moulds is a savvy veteran who can still put up big numbers. And his presence alone should take the burden away from Andre Johnson, who I think will rebound to his All-Pro form. And don't forget about the pickup of Kubiak favorite Jeb Putzier at tight end.

If Carr plays like I think he will, Houston can win seven or eight games. This can disrupt Indianapolis from getting home-field advantage or hurt the playoff chances for the Jags if Houston can split with these teams. If Carr performs like last season, this is a four-win squad.

:whip:

mexican_texan
07-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Here's my take on Carr: he could make or break our season. I expect to see a completely new player at QB, we won't see the same old "play not to lose" signal caller. However, even Peyton Manning plays horribly with a bad line. I think that our season will go on according to the play of the offensive line, which has previously been...well, offensive. with our new rooks, our new leader in Flannagan, and our "miracle worker" Kubiak, the line should play better than ever.

TheRealJoker
07-15-2006, 02:44 AM
War David Carr!!!

Wharton
07-15-2006, 03:06 AM
What fascinates me the most about DC is the optimism people feel for this guy. Carr has done nothing in four years except get his face pounded into the ground and without even seeing a single down of play this year under Kubes, everybody is optimistic that DC is going to have an impact on the entire league.

Yes, Kubes knows his quarterbacks, and yes, I think if anyone can salvage DCís career, its Kubes, but please, letís at least take a look at the first half of the first preseason game before we open our mouths about DC.

NATHANHALE
07-15-2006, 04:01 AM
Thought this was really interesting this guy actually likes the Texans to win 7 to 8 games this year. Also he thinks we can take home-field advantage away from the omg colts!!:drool:

7. David Carr, quarterback, Texans

Here's one for the clip and file department: I think Carr finally puts it all together this year. New Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is a quarterback guru. And in talking to Carr late last year, he was begging for guidance from someone who has played the position.

Mike Sherman takes over as the offensive line coach. And the talent along the previously pathetic Texans offensive line got much better with the signing of Mike Flannagan and the drafting of Eric Winston and Charles Spencer.

Plus, Carr has new weapons to play with. Eric Moulds is a savvy veteran who can still put up big numbers. And his presence alone should take the burden away from Andre Johnson, who I think will rebound to his All-Pro form. And don't forget about the pickup of Kubiak favorite Jeb Putzier at tight end.

If Carr plays like I think he will, Houston can win seven or eight games. This can disrupt Indianapolis from getting home-field advantage or hurt the playoff chances for the Jags if Houston can split with these teams. If Carr performs like last season, this is a four-win squad.

:whip:

Why didn't you just post on the same thread already posted with this same quote??...little further down on this same page...........

Texans_Chick
07-15-2006, 09:44 AM
What fascinates me the most about DC is the optimism people feel for this guy. Carr has done nothing in four years except get his face pounded into the ground and without even seeing a single down of play this year under Kubes, everybody is optimistic that DC is going to have an impact on the entire league.

Yes, Kubes knows his quarterbacks, and yes, I think if anyone can salvage DCís career, its Kubes, but please, letís at least take a look at the first half of the first preseason game before we open our mouths about DC.

Well yeah, I think what all this is are projections. Based on: 1. Kubiak's track record; 2. installing an offensive scheme that has a successful track record and isn't cobbled together during the bye week; 3. having an actual offensive line coach; 4. based on at least what people have seen in the limitations of OTA/minicamps, Carr is looking good; 5. the offense seems to match Carr's skill sets.

For example, whilst Wickersham was putting together his hack article about Mario is facing the pressure of being the next bust, this (http://www.nflfans.com/x/showthread.php?t=13236) is what he wrote about Carr:

David Carr looks good in Kubiak's offense. I know "good" is relative because it's only minicamp, but in seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 drills, he threw the ball well and usually threw to the open guy. I've been hard on Carr in the past but he's clicking well with Andre Johnson (as always) and seems to find Eric Moulds regularly, too. Kubiak is testing him, too. Halfway through practice he rolled right, stopped, and threw deep to the left, across the field, to Johnson, who was running a corner route away from Carr. I knew the play immediately: It was the old Elway-to-Mark Jackson play from the 80s. When I asked Kubiak about it in his plush office (with a bad view of the Reliant Stadium parking lot), he nodded. "That's right," he said. "I used to pretend to slip when it came up during one of my snaps." (Kubiak was Elway's backup for most of his career.)

I don't think it is completely out of line or irrationally exuberant to predict improved play by Carr this season based solely on what we know to date. I'm not sure about the "impact on the entire league," but if you are doing a preview article, I think that is more likely than not that Carr is going to look better than 2005 (hard to look worse, knock on wood), and that is what readers non-familiar with the Texans want to know.

Texizgreat
07-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Wooohoooo 4 wins !!! wow think of twice the wins from last year. Were going places folks :)

Revolution
07-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Wooohoooo 4 wins !!! wow think of twice the wins from last year. Were going places folks

Carr will NOT perform like last year...

From this... :shoot: :francis:

To this..... :hunter: :francis:

Note: No smilies were injured in this illustration...

HJam72
07-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm an ARS (Activists for the Rights of Smilies), and we need to see some proof of that. :) <-- The president.

Texan Asylum
07-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Carr will NOT perform like last year...

From this... :shoot: :francis:

To this..... :hunter: :francis:

Note: No smilies were injured in this illustration...
That's pretty good...got me a good chuckle today out of that one.

Revolution
07-16-2006, 10:48 AM
That's pretty good...got me a good chuckle today out of that one.

:heh: