PDA

View Full Version : Texans sign Owen Daniels...

BullPenPhotos
07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2656&section=N%20Latest%20News

The Houston Texans announced today that they have signed fourth-round draft pick TE Owen Daniels, the third Texans draft choice to sign.
Daniels (6-3, 247), was taken by the Texans with the 98th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft from Wisconsin. He was the first tight end the Texans have taken since Bennie Joppru in 2003.
Daniels, who is from Naperville, Ill., signed with the Badgers as a quarterback out of high school, but moved to tight end as a sophomore. He caught a career-high four touchdowns during his senior year, helping Wisconsin reach the Capital One Bowl where they upset ninth-ranked Auburn.
Daniels finished with 62 catches for 852 yards during his career in Madison. He earned Academic All-American honors during the 2002 season.
Daniels joins DE Mario Williams and LB DeMeco Ryans as the other Texans 2006 draft pick to sign. Houston has four remaining draft picks unsigned.

powerfuldragon
07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
So far, so good.

LBC_Justin
07-12-2006, 03:56 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2656&section=N%20Latest%20News

The Houston Texans announced today that they have signed fourth-round draft pick TE Owen Daniels, the third Texans draft choice to sign.
Daniels (6-3, 247), was taken by the Texans with the 98th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft from Wisconsin. He was the first tight end the Texans have taken since Bennie Joppru in 2003.
Daniels, who is from Naperville, Ill., signed with the Badgers as a quarterback out of high school, but moved to tight end as a sophomore. He caught a career-high four touchdowns during his senior year, helping Wisconsin reach the Capital One Bowl where they upset ninth-ranked Auburn.
Daniels finished with 62 catches for 852 yards during his career in Madison. He earned Academic All-American honors during the 2002 season.
Daniels joins DE Mario Williams and LB DeMeco Ryans as the other Texans 2006 draft pick to sign. Houston has four remaining draft picks unsigned.

Hmmm...I don't trust the guy(j/k). He went to my rival High School. I went to Naperville North and he went to Naperville Central.

Well I guess if my High School running back is now starting for the da*n Titans (Chris Brown), then I am willing to accept a guy from Central on our Texans.

NoBullTexan
07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
If they use Daniels the way I think they will, that is a lot of motion, he should give Dungy a real headache in the cover 2. He is supposed to have good hands and a real knack for finding the seam. So if they zone up on Andre and Moulds, Daniels should have a field day.

TexansMVP
07-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Good to get it done. Hope he will turn into our Chris Cooley.

Texansfan36
07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Good to get it done. Hope he will turn into our Chris Cooley.

Or maybe even our Shannon Sharpe (sp*) either way I hope he does good:bananasplit: