PDA

View Full Version : like the cowboys?

johndoe
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
does everyone hate the cowboys? im a texans fan but i root for the cowboys:hides: (except when they play the texans)and i think they are going to have a great year.do yall have other teams that yall root for besides the texans?

nflnutswife
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
does everyone hate the cowboys? im a texans fan but i root for the cowboys:hides: (except when they play the texans)and i think they are going to have a great year.do yall have other teams that yall root for besides the texans?

You'll probably be moved to another thread but, Yes. . .Cowboys family here aswell.:hides: :hides:

TEXANRED
07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
The only other team I hate worse than Dallas is Tentopee.

santo
07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Same here...:hides: I root for the Cowboys when they don't play Houston of course...:redtowel:

I loved it when the Oilers almost made it to the Super Bowl the year the Cowboys went. I remember we were expecting a Texan Bowl..

Had a question.. What happened to Quincy Carter? I thought he did good for the Cowboys. Did they trade him?

TexanSam
07-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I was a Cowboy fan growing up in El Paso and still am, except when they play the Texans.

johndoe
07-12-2006, 01:12 PM
didnt thay release quincy carter? the cowboys are going to be great this year, the texans are going to need to bring their A-game when thay play. hopefully we can get lots of preasure on bledsoe so owens and glenn wont kill us.

thunderkyss
07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Same here...:hides: I root for the Cowboys when they don't play Houston of course...:redtowel:

I loved it when the Oilers almost made it to the Super Bowl the year the Cowboys went. I remember we were expecting a Texan Bowl..

Had a question.. What happened to Quincy Carter? I thought he did good for the Cowboys. Did they trade him?

kept failing drug tests.......... Bill had him moved to the Jets, he still failed a drug test there, and I think he's back in reHab......

I like the Cowboys, I root for them to win when they aren't playing the Texans....... I'm hoping to see a TexasBowl in my lifetime.

I also root for the Saints....... been doing so, since RickyWilliams came out. But now he's gone, and all the guys I liked are gone as well. MarkFields, KyleTurley, JoeJohnson, Darren Howard, and Aaron Brooks....... the only guy on the team that I still like, is Joe Horn...... I doubt I'll watch them this coming year.

Hardcore Texan
07-12-2006, 01:27 PM

NO, I do not like the cowboys, they are not America's team either, those days are long gone. But I have lots of in-laws that are fans, so I have some tolerance, but their from Dallas so I can understand rooting for the home team. I lived in Dallas for a few years, lots of OK cowboys fans in Dallas, it is the cowboy fans elsewhere that tend to annoy.

I don't ever find myself rooting for them....actually it is a great day when they lose. Everyone at work loves them so its an equalizer.

I would like see an All Texan Superbowl......but I don't want the cowpies to make it to another......maybe the Saints will get good and then move to San Antonio. :bananasplit:

gwallaia
07-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Long ago I was a Cowboys fan. Back in the days of Tom Landry, Roger Staubach and Walt Garrison. But when Jerry Jones took over and they all became coke addicts, I lost respect for the Cowboys.

Lately, however, I have soften up on the Cowboys. They aint so bad.
Their fans are $&^*@s, but the team is cool.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
07-12-2006, 01:40 PM

Don't like:

-the slogan "America's team".... just so obnoxious

-don't like the changes Jerry Jones has made

LOVED Parcells going to coach there in Dallas just to clean the place up.. but then the "T.O. thing" stunk and (to me) is a big regression of any positives I could live with having two teams in the state.

powerfuldragon
07-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I can't stand the cowboys and their stupid blue star.

real
07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
My love affair with the boys started when I was younger...I like the cowboys, but the Texans are who I have allegiance to...

The Pencil Neck
07-12-2006, 01:59 PM

I have a very strong dislike for the Cowboys. I have disliked them since the 70's.

I like the Eagles (lived for a couple of years near Philly) and have a soft-spot for the Cardinals (lived for a couple of years in Phoenix just as the team moved there.) I also like the Chargers (we lived for a couple of years near SD). I'll develop likes and dislikes for teams during the season depending on my rooting for certain players or situations.

My wife doesn't dislike the Cowboys and likes Parcells, so she will root for them. She likes the Titans, Eagles, Broncos and sometimes, the Panthers.

But the Texans are always numero uno. Always.

Texan Asylum
07-12-2006, 02:34 PM
I will keep my "Colorful Metaphors" that I used to use to describe the "Girls" to myself. Let's just say that they and the "Tacks" are on the same level.

Corrosion
07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I liked the Cowpies at one time , But once Jerrah bought the team and turned it into an assylum , that changed .... I dislike Jerrah almost as much as Bud .:twocents:

powerfuldragon
07-12-2006, 02:46 PM
My love affair with the boys started when I was younger...
:D

WWJD
07-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Longtime Cowboys fan.

Texan Asylum
07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Longtime Cowboys fan.
We won't hold that against ya, WWJD. :)

Double Barrel
07-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I always love to root for the Cowboys....TO LOSE!!!

Being a Cowboys hata' is a genetic thing in my family, passed down from generation to generation. My 4 year doesn't like them, either.

We live in Houston, not Dallas. I might as well root for any other team in the NFL if I can pick a team that is not the hometeam. (and no, just being from Texas doesn't cut the mustard to me.)

MorKnolle
07-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I hate the Cowboys. I don't like any of the Dallas teams, plus I grew up a 49ers fan in the late 80s thru the late 90s so the Cowboys were my nemesis back then too.

Farough
07-12-2006, 04:30 PM
My favourite player is on the Cowboys (Julius Jones). So I only root for the team to do well for his sake. Hopefully they do well against everyone but us.

Blu
07-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah! I roote for [insert team here] when they play against the Cowboys or Titans.

Hutch13
07-12-2006, 10:10 PM
The Texans are the only NFL team i root for the only time i would root for the cowboys is if it means we get a playoff birth

Texansfan36
07-12-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't hate the cowboys, just have a really really strong dislike for them, mostly because I'm a texans fan, and my brother loves the cowboys, I even root for the cowboys sometimes, like when they play the colts, titans, and jags, but other than that I tend to root against them.

threetoedpete
07-12-2006, 11:44 PM
The cowPolkes lost me when they gave up on Dandy Don. lol. I liked their draft and I'm a tuna fan. I would never want him on the Texans roster, but I like TO as a player. The melt down soap opera will be one of the more interesting under currents this year. No one told me but...I see JJ's dirty little thumb prints all over that deal. Don't know when it's going to hit critical mass. But it's just a matter of time. I think Tuna is a stinking Genuis. Not as good as the Wolf, Belachick. But he's a HOfer coach none the less. I enjoy hating the poke, leave me be. :hunter:

StarStruck
07-13-2006, 03:56 AM
No ifs ands or buts, I am a 100 % Cowboys fan.

YellerLotYeller
07-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Can a mod please delete this thread.

All these cowgirl nut-huggers are making me sick!!!

texanmojo
07-13-2006, 07:45 AM
My favorite teams are the Texans and whoever is playing the Cowboys each week!

I never liked the Cowboys...I was an Oiler fan growing up...and no...I don't like the Titans!!!

infantrycak
07-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Texans #1
Cowboys #2
If San Antonio ever got a team they'd be #3
If it's a Texas team playing a non-Texas team I am rooting for the Texas team.

One of the few astute observations from Rich Lord is summing up the Houston dislike for the Cowboys in one word--jealousy.

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 07:55 AM
At work, i had to interview a lady who told me she was a cowboy fan. I told her to leave. She laughed, but i told her i was serious and that she needed to leave.

haha. she called the texans a bunch of second rate losers and was about to go on talking more trash until i reminded her that i had her cell phone number.

StarStruck
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
At work, i had to interview a lady who told me she was a cowboy fan. I told her to leave. She laughed, but i told her i was serious and that she needed to leave.

haha. she called the texans a bunch of second rate losers and was about to go on talking more trash until i reminded her that i had her cell phone number.

You are kidding, right?

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
i told the story out of order. she made fun of the texans before i insisted she leave. and she didn't really go anywhere, i just told one of my coworkers to do the survey.

TheOgre
07-13-2006, 12:27 PM
One of the few astute observations from Rich Lord is summing up the Houston dislike for the Cowboys in one word--jealousy.

My issue isn't jealousy so much as betrayal. I was an Oilers first\Cowboys second fan until 1979. It was all of the HOUSTONIANS that rooted for the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day that year that turned me the other way (the Oilers won the game that day BTW). After that day, I started to notice a ton of people that were Houstonian Cowboys (sounds strange doesn't it) fans that rooted for their local team only if it did something. At the time (I was around 10), it felt like colonials rooting for the British first and the Americans second, just in case they they actually won.

I probably would still be a Cowboy's fan if it weren't for all of the Benedict Arnold locals.

real
07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Honestly I don't know much about the oilers...I just remember Warren Moon and Haywood Jeffries because when I was little i used to hear people scream at him for dropping passes...I first started really watching football when I was in fifth grade and I think at that time the Oilers were gone...So ....thats when I got into the cowboys...I think after the Texans they are probably my favorite Team...

infantrycak
07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
My issue isn't jealousy so much as betrayal. I was an Oilers first\Cowboys second fan until 1979. It was all of the HOUSTONIANS that rooted for the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day that year that turned me the other way (the Oilers won the game that day BTW). After that day, I started to notice a ton of people that were Houstonian Cowboys (sounds strange doesn't it) fans that rooted for their local team only if it did something. At the time (I was around 10), it felt like colonials rooting for the British first and the Americans second, just in case they they actually won.

I probably would still be a Cowboy's fan if it weren't for all of the Benedict Arnold locals.

Interesting take--so you don't like the Cowboys because of the actions of some folks who should have been Oiler fans.

TheOgre
07-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Interesting take--so you don't like the Cowboys because of the actions of some folks who should have been Oiler fans.

In a nutshell...yes. It seemed like about 50% of the town from my perspective. Keep in mind I was 10 at the time that happened. Those feelings have just kept with me ever since.

On a related note, I did make some good money off those folks in the 1980 and 1981 NFC Championship Games though (yes I got started gambling that early).

Huge
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Can a mod please delete this thread.

All these cowgirl nut-huggers are making me sick!!!
Cool avatar.