PDA

View Full Version : Lendale Is Just Another Titan's Bud

CloakNNNdagger
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
This PFT piece speaks for itself:

LENDALE LASHED OUT AT TUAOLO

Last month, former NFL defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo was the first openly gay player to speak at the rookie symposium.

Asked one attendee during Tuaolo's session, "Is it offensive if I call you a ****** if you are a ******?"

Many readers were curious as to the identity of the person who asked the question. On Tuesday, we received a tip in this regard, and we then obtained confirmation from a league source.

The question, we're told, was posed by former USC tailback LenDale White, second-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans.

White gained significant notoriety prior to the draft when he arrived at the USC Pro Day workout out of shape and unable to run. He didn't perform a 40-yard dash for scouts before April 29, and consequently fell out of the first round.

We suspect that there won't be much fallout from White's statement. If asked about it by anyone in the media, he'll surely deny it. Then, others who were in attendance surely will confirm it -- hopefully at some point on the record.

Heck, it could be a good idea for White to admit that he said it. It might go a long way toward building up his fan base in the red states, including the one in which he'll be playing his home games.

ledzeppelin229
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Pretty juvenile of him, and that's an insult to juveniles. I must say that's the sort of act that makes me happier he is not on our team.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 01:14 PM
This PFT piece speaks for itself:

LENDALE LASHED OUT AT TUAOLO

Last month, former NFL defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo was the first openly gay player to speak at the rookie symposium.

Asked one attendee during Tuaolo's session, "Is it offensive if I call you a ****** if you are a ******?"

Many readers were curious as to the identity of the person who asked the question. On Tuesday, we received a tip in this regard, and we then obtained confirmation from a league source.

The question, we're told, was posed by former USC tailback LenDale White, second-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans.

White gained significant notoriety prior to the draft when he arrived at the USC Pro Day workout out of shape and unable to run. He didn't perform a 40-yard dash for scouts before April 29, and consequently fell out of the first round.

We suspect that there won't be much fallout from White's statement. If asked about it by anyone in the media, he'll surely deny it. Then, others who were in attendance surely will confirm it -- hopefully at some point on the record.

Heck, it could be a good idea for White to admit that he said it. It might go a long way toward building up his fan base in the red states, including the one in which he'll be playing his home games.

If he turns into an all pro-back do you think we will care? He could hate white people and I could care less. I'm paying money to see good athletes not people with good personalities.

I don't think Whitesox fans care that Guillen called Mariotti a "fa**ot" .... if they did, they got over it quickly

infantrycak
07-12-2006, 01:18 PM
If he turns into an all pro-back do you think we will care? He could hate white people and I could care less. I'm paying money to see good athletes not people with good personalities.

I don't think Whitesox fans care that Guillen called Mariotti a "fa**ot" .... if they did, they got over it quickly

Nice rationalization of immature and offensive conduct.

Here is a link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)--(CnD--we need links for copy and pasted material--thanks).

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 01:22 PM

Here is a link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)(CnD--we need links for copy and pasted material--thanks).

It's not even a rationalization. I could care less what kind of guy he is as long as it doesn't affect the team (e.g. breaking the law)

Plus, I would highly doubt that's true. It's all speculation.

powerfuldragon
07-12-2006, 02:47 PM
That was a pretty ignorant question.

Double Barrel
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM

lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist reinforcing the stereotype of Titan fans. :heh:

I have to wonder, though, if Lendale White would like it if someone asked him, "is it offensive if I call you a lardbutt if you are a lardbutt?" idonno:

ledzeppelin229
07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist reinforcing the stereotype of Titan fans. :heh:

I have to wonder, though, if Lendale White would like it if someone asked him, "is it offensive if I call you a lardbutt if you are a lardbutt?" idonno:

Hopefully no one will take offense from this comparison, as its not directed at anyone in particular. Isn't this about on the same level if I asked an African American if I could call them the N word because "by definition" they are the N word, even if the connotation is extremely offensive? Oh well, it was pretty childish anyway. It makes me think of some stupid question a 5th grader would ask someone to make all his friends laugh.

CloakNNNdagger
07-12-2006, 04:09 PM

Here is a link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)--(CnD--we need links for copy and pasted material--thanks).

My bad! Will do better.

CloakNNNdagger
07-12-2006, 04:21 PM
http://www.tmalliance.com/uploads/006457/archie2.jpg

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 10:19 AM
http://www.tmalliance.com/uploads/006457/archie2.jpg

I dont know if its this computer (its my work computer, it sucks) but i am seeing a red X

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 10:27 AM
i see archie friggin bunker.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
People can make fun of LenDale for being fat but as long as that weight is used to run over people (like he did Michael Huff in the Rose Bowl) then I am fine with it

El Tejano
07-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Well c'mon. You know Huff got the better hit at the end when he stuffed him for no gain on 4th and 1

Mr. White
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Just reinforces the opinion of the guy that I already had. He must really be as stupid as we all heard he was.

We'll see what he calls gay people when he's in the joint with them....

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Well c'mon. You know Huff got the better hit at the end when he stuffed him for no gain on 4th and 1

Well yeah but a 4th and 1 is like 95% O-line and 5% running back

nunusguy
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM
I am in no way, shape or form a "gay basher" and am really sypathetic to
the plight of gays regarding some forms of descrimination they suffer.
Frankly, IMO life has really delt a person an automatic liabilty or disadvantage
to others in our overall society if it turns out that he or she is gay. Having set the record straight on my attitude about this issue, let me get to L. White.
If anybody here thinks that White's remark is not representative of the view
point of most of the men in the NFL, I think they're be badly misinformed. Now of course White reportedly said it, and nobody else did. And that's a big, big difference. And that's the main issue. But I'd also want to know Whites motive for making the remark. Since I certainly don't know anything about the young man personally, I could still make make assumptions about his motive for the remark but won't.
Was his remark based on hostility or animosity ? Was he just trying to be a smart alect to somehow impress other rookies in the audience ?
The word in question goes something like this "***@@t" ? He should probably
should know that word is off limits, but whos to know for sure ?
I would think the term "que@@" is off limits ? But there was and I think still is
a popular TV show with that word in its title. And a large, relative prominent politically active group with that name in the title. And yet I suspect a gay
would not want to be called by that name. It can get confusing about what
one can use and not use without risking the wrath of the PC crowd.
White is a very young man and pro athelete who's peers are a lot of other young jocks who are totaly consumed with the concept machismo. Cut him some slack and give him some time to grow up a little.

infantrycak
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Well yeah but a 4th and 1 is like 95% O-line and 5% running back

So in other words he won't really help your short yardage game. Can't have it both ways.

real
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
So in other words he won't really help your short yardage game. Can't have it both ways.

good point...

Runner
07-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Wait a minute - are we saying that a guy just out of college in a room full of a bunch of other guys just out of college made an off-color joke? :shocked

Did anyone else in the room laugh? We need their names too.

For their sakes I hope this meeting didn't take place in a state with the death penalty. :rolleyes:

Brandon420tx
07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Hopefully no one will take offense from this comparison, as its not directed at anyone in particular. Isn't this about on the same level if I asked an African American if I could call them the N word because "by definition" they are the N word, even if the connotation is extremely offensive? Oh well, it was pretty childish anyway. It makes me think of some stupid question a 5th grader would ask someone to make all his friends laugh.

Eh, by definition (The original definition) the "n" word was used to describe (Drum roll please) an ignorant person, it had nothing to do with color untill it was change from an adjective to noun and from a noun to a racial slur.... fyi...

infantrycak
07-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Eh, by definition (The original definition) the "n" word was used to describe (Drum roll please) an ignorant person, it had nothing to do with color untill it was change from an adjective to noun and from a noun to a racial slur.... fyi...

The word is derived from the latin word niger for the color black--see also negre (French), negro (Spanish). Seems odd to say it had nothing to do with color.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 01:28 PM

Look, in my opinion it's not a racial slur. You know why? Because they call each other that name. Do you see Jews calling each other racial slurs? Or mexicans? or Indians?

It doesn't make it right for us to say it, but Rappers have made the word ok to say. Notice how they don't beep it out on Comedy Central? Yeah, that's because it's not a bad word anymore.

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Look, in my opinion it's not a racial slur. You know why? Because they call each other that name. Do you see Jews calling each other racial slurs? Or mexicans? or Indians?

It doesn't make it right for us to say it, but Rappers have made the word ok to say. Notice how they don't beep it out on Comedy Central? Yeah, that's because it's not a bad word anymore.
Then i dare you to walk up to mike tyson and call him a n---er.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Then i dare you to walk up to mike tyson and call him a n---er.

I dare you to simply talk to Mike Tyson. He's insane and probably would kill you.

Buzz
07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
It sounds like he was just kidding around with the guy. I don't see it as a big deal. It's not like he called him a ****sucker or anything like that.

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 07:16 PM
It sounds like he was just kidding around with the guy. I don't see it as a big deal. It's not like he called him a ****sucker or anything like that.
read the original article in which they withheld his name. according to the reporter, Lendale was obviously not joking.

TexansMVP
07-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Somebody should ask Lendale the same question. "Is it offensive if I call you a fat a** if you are a fat a**?"

infantrycak
08-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Titans | White involved in brawl
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:53:03 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, report Tennessee Titans RB LenDale White and S Donnie Nickey sparked a brawl Thursday, Aug. 10. Nickey said White spit on him after a play, to which several other defenders agreed. Shortly later, White was knocked out of bounds by Nickey after a pass. White then elbowed S Vincent Fuller and several other defenders, including Nickey, jumped in. Head coach Jeff Fisher called Nickey's hit a "cheap shot" and told the players to leave it on the field.

From KFFL.com

nunusguy
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
"White walked back, and safety Donnie Nickey pushed back at the rookie with his helmet. A recording by a television cameraman picked up linebacker Keith Bulluck yelling that White had spit in Nickey's face."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2545968

WildBlackBear32
08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Just another big time college dirtbag.

KKHouston
08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Just another big time college dirtbag.

Gotta love those USC Boys... !

Anyone remember when Romo spit at Owens in the Monday Night Game a few years back?

jerek
08-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Where's Tack Fan to defend or explain his boy in the face of these vile allegations? :)

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Gotta love those USC Boys... !

Anyone remember when Romo spit at Owens in the Monday Night Game a few years back?

Evidently Nickey laid a cheap hit on him, but still, spitting in his face? Pretty lame. Let's hope he got that out of his system. I'm willing to give him one "get out of jail free card"

jerek
08-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Evidently Nickey laid a cheap hit on him, but still, spitting in his face? Pretty lame. Let's hope he got that out of his system. I'm willing to give him one "get out of jail free card"

I'm with you on that. Let's hope this proves the exception rather than the rule. Given that he's been a punk for years now, I'm starting to think it's the rule.

KKHouston
08-11-2006, 10:24 AM

Yet another USC boy showing his real side.

infantrycak
08-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Yet another USC boy showing his real side.

Y'all know what USC stands for right?

University for Spoiled Children.

KKHouston
08-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Hahaha!!!

jerek
08-11-2006, 10:29 AM

Matt Leinart would take exception to that, but he's a little busy right now, not signing his multi-million dollar contract offer.

I never understand a player squabbling over a few million when they are already inline to receive eight figures. I mean sure, who am I to judge him, right? -- but still, it's only a matter of weeks before a good stiff breeze blows Kurt Warner onto the IR and Matt will/would get his opportunity to take over a very potent offense and make his mark on the NFL. Personally I'd be in training camp and worry about haggling the performance bonuses later. Besides, it's not like he "has a family to feed."

infantrycak
08-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I went to UC Berkeley so to me Stanford is the largest Taco Bell in the world (look at it some time you'll see it), USC is the University for Spoiled Children (Bears fans used to shake their car keys and bills at the USC fans for the things their mommas gave them) and wore shirts with a bear, a trojan and a toilet saying after use of Trojans, properly dispose--you can imagine the picture.

KKHouston
08-11-2006, 10:39 AM
I went to UC Berkeley so to me Stanford is the largest Taco Bell in the world (look at it some time you'll see it), USC is the University for Spoiled Children (Bears fans used to shake their car keys and bills at the USC fans for the things their mommas gave them) and wore shirts with a bear, a trojan and a toilet saying after use of Trojans, properly dispose--you can imagine the picture.

Sounds like a good time. UC Berkeley. I had a Berkeley Sweatshirt on when I went to report for Jury Duty one day, and that alone had me sent home. Neither side wanted someone wearing that Sweatshirt on a panel. :)

Titan "Tack" Fan
It might be the University for Spoiled Children but you know that you'd love to go there.

infantrycak
It might be the University for Spoiled Children but you know that you'd love to go there.

Ummm, people at USC want to go to Berkeley and couldn't, not the other way around.

KKHouston
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM

No. I wouldn't... I went to a GOOD school. SFA :)

infantrycak
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Over on the Titans MB they are reporting LenDale White will not be playing in tonight's game.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Over on the Titans MB they are reporting LenDale White will not be playing in tonight's game.

Yeah he's not. I'm glad too, he deserves to ride the pine for what he did.

Wolf
08-12-2006, 04:59 PM
People can make fun of LenDale for being fat but as long as that weight is used to run over people (like he did Michael Huff in the Rose Bowl) then I am fine with it

well I hope you are fine with mario williams or demeco ryans instead of Huff twice a year:D

mexican_texan
08-12-2006, 05:26 PM
In that case...

LenDale is so fat, even Travis Johnson said "daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!!!!!''

LenDale is so fat, the Titans don't need an ice tub---they swim in his belly button.

LenDale is so fat, he has to use car covers as a bra--or bro.

LenDale is so fat, they feed him by dropping a cow with a crane into a forest---they did a re-enactment of his early years in Jurassic Park.