PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst Plays

TwinSisters
07-12-2006, 03:55 AM
I am thinking it is about time to start a new poll. Nothing like a good ole democratic poll reflecting on the past to make the dark days of summer move along all that much more smoothly.

But first we must collect some items...

I am thinking I need about 10 plays sweet and 10 plays sour to make a good poll.

So I will start with the obvious easy ones and hopefully the next person can add some... after we get about 10 or so each. We can have a good old fashion vote! Man I love that. Voting, it just plain kicks ...errr it's good for you.

( Yes, I know it has been done before. But think of it this way: it's like taking the old lady out for another twirl before hitting the sack. You have done it a million times before, but with a little imagination it can still be fun )

Sweet Play

Carr to Miller

The Houston Texans became the first NFL expansion team in 41 years to win their debut, stinging the favored Dallas Cowboys 19-10 before a sellout crowd at Reliant Stadium. Rookie quarterback David Carr completed 10 of 22 passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns, including a 19-yarder to tight end Billy Miller for the team's first-ever touchdown.
http://nflhistory.net/shared/greatestgames.asp?Team=9

Sour Play

Gaffney fumbles on the end around

After holding the Jaguars to three plays and a punt for a second time, Carr again drove the Texans deep into Jacksonville territory. On the verge of taking a commanding 14 to nothing lead early in the second quarter, the Texans went to wide receiver Jabar Gaffney on the end around. Executed flawlessly, it was a play on which Gaffney could have strolled into the end zone. Instead, he attempted to switch the ball from his left to his right hand, fumbled it into the endzone, and then out of bounds. The initial call was a touchdown, but Jags head coach Jack Del Rio challenged and erased the points.
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/game/2004/week07.html

TexansSeminole
07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Good Plays:
1. Jason Simmons layin the game ending lick on Titans RB Chris Brown; i think he dislocated his shoulder. Great moment because we were gettin run on pretty effectively and i was waiting for a lick like that from a Texan.

2. Antwaan Peek takes a fumble to the house in 2004.

Bad Plays:
1. Last season.

AFD1717
07-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Babin vs. LT when Babin was a rookie was pretty cool.

bigbrewster2000
07-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Good play: Glen Earl destoying the Cardinals WR corp.

ledzeppelin229
07-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Good plays:
AJ's back flip catch against the Vikings.
AJ's bobbling catch as he fell to the ground, can't remember who it was against.

Bad Plays:

See Matt Stevens

And then theres (Kevin Williams?) getting run over by Shockey (or was it a dump truck?) in the HOF game.

Double Barrel
07-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Bad play: Bradford dropping that perfect pass down the sideline. Man, Carr put it right there, and all CB had to do was be a receiver and pull it in. What a shame.

Best play: either of the kick return TDs last year by Mathis. :thumbup

Paragon Blue
07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Good plays:

AJ's bobbling catch as he fell to the ground, can't remember who it was against.

Bad Plays:

See Matt Stevens

And then theres (Kevin Williams?) getting run over by Shockey (or was it a dump truck?) in the HOF game.I think it was against the Chiefs.

Good Play: Marcus Coleman int. return for touchdown aginst Chiefs.

Bad Play:Giving up game winning touchdown to Rams in OT.

the wonger need food
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Good
- Coleman interception TD against KC (2004)
- AJ's catch and run against Buffalo (2003)
- Sharper's sack, fumble recovery for TD against Oakland (2004)

El Tejano
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Good plays:

Bad Plays:

See Matt Stevens

And then theres (Kevin Williams?) getting run over by Shockey (or was it a dump truck?) in the HOF game.
the catch as he fell to the ground was us against KC in KC.
Sweet:
David Carr over the pile to beat the Jags in regulation, Marlon Mcrees 95 yard interception return against the Titans, and Demarcus Faggins interception return to clinch the win against the Jags where he went into the stands to celebrate.

Sour:
The games last season against Pittsburgh and KC.

TexanSam
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Good:

When David Carr jumped over the pile at the goal line to win the game against the Jaguars.

or

When we blocked a New England field goal in overtime or to make it go to overtime (can't remember)

Worst:

Cincinnati returning a 100 yard interception for a TD.

Lucky
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Bad:
Drew Bennett beating Coleman on game winning reception, '03 against Tennessee
Carr's throws 4th Quarter interception, '03 finale against the Colts
DD's 4 fumbles in opening 2 games of '04
Culpepper to Robinson for overtime win, '04 against Minnesota
Willie Parker hit & run on P-Buch, '05 home opener against Steelers
Kris Brown's FG misses, '05 in Nashville & San Fran

Good:
Gaffney pass back to Aaron Glenn on punt return, '02 in Jax
Glenn's interception returns to the house, '02 in Pitt
Coleman's pick of Jay Fielder to setup winning FG, '03 opener in Miami
Carr's 36-yard scramble to setup go ahead score, '03 against Atlanta
Jason Simmon's block on Barry Sims during interception return, '04 against the Raiders
P-Buch's deflection to ice game, '05 against Browns
Kris Brown's FG misses, '05 in Nashville & San Fran (Oh no, you didn't!)

powerfuldragon
07-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Good Plays:

Bad Plays:
1. Last season.
I was waiting for that one.

TwinSisters
07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Bad play: Bradford dropping that perfect pass down the sideline. Man, Carr put it right there, and all CB had to do was be a receiver and pull it in. What a shame.

Best play: either of the kick return TDs last year by Mathis. :thumbup

Which game is that? The Bradford one.

infantrycak
07-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Which game is that? The Bradford one.

At Jax last year--from the Jax 42 pass to the left sideline to Bradford on about the 5 with the CB trailing, safety coming to help from across I believe but too late to affect the play.

kcwilson
07-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Bad Plays:

2005 - Gaffney running a route right down the middle, wide open, and Carr throws a perfect pass... which hits Gaffney in the back of the head because he never turned for the ball.

2004 - Week 1 of the season - With the score SD 27, HOU 20 - DD fumbles the ball in the 4th quarter with 3:48 left on the San Diego 13 yard line. San Diego recovers and runs the clock out. Unclutch. Add insult to injury, the fumble is recovered by Steve Foley.

2004 - Entire week 17 vs. Cleveland

Good Plays:

2005: DDavis' 30 yd leaping TD catch on the sideline vs. St. Louis

kcwilson
07-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Bad Plays:

2005 - Week 1 at Buffalo - Antwaan Peek (I believe) dropping an INT in the flat week 1 vs. Buffalo which easily would have been returned for a TD, and arguably, changes the fate of the game/season.

MorKnolle
07-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Good play: Dunta Robinson laying out Reggie Wayne in Indy in 2005.

TexansJunkE
07-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Good Play: Texans D knocking the ball out of Gary Colmans hands late in the 4th Qtr setting up Carr's last second dive over the pile.

Bad play: last year

MorKnolle
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Bad Play: Morlon Greenwood getting stiff-armed to the ground by Verron Haynes last year. I have it recorded on my computer and can post it on here as long as posting a feed off of the TV broadcast isn't a copyright violation. Mods, am I allowed to do that?

AFD1717
07-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Did Glenn's TD against Pittsburgh get posted yet?

How many yards of offense did we get in that game? Like 80?

Tedc
07-12-2006, 09:14 PM

I believe it was 47.

Wolf
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Gary Walker's sack on Quincy Carter in 2002 (safety) ...I was pumped
d-robs hit on that bronco
AJ against Buffalo and went through 2 defenders for a score

bad play.
infamous audible to run left.

seriously... Lewis against the Cowboys in 2002 before halftime.. wide open over the middle dropped..

Bad for me was 2005 season.. the game against the Chargers in 2002 ..what a total wipeout

TwinSisters
07-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Gary Walker's sack on Quincy Carter in 2002 (safety) ...I was pumped

Was that Walker or Payne? I think it was Payne that gets the credit right?

Wolf
07-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Was that Walker or Payne? I think it was Payne that gets the credit right?

I thought it was Walker, but may have been Payne, I just remember Walker and his "flexing" .. I was estatic

The Pencil Neck
07-13-2006, 01:07 AM

That was like one of the greatest games ever. Not THE greatest game ever but really really great.

The Pencil Neck
07-13-2006, 01:08 AM
I believe it was 47.

It was 94 in slo-mo. :)

TexansSeminole
07-13-2006, 01:41 AM
ecember 8, 2002 - Houston Texans at Pittsburgh Steelers

The Houston Texans stunned eventual AFC North champion Pittsburgh Steelers with a 24-6 win at Heinz Field. The Steelers limited the Texans to just 47 yards of total offense, but Houston's defense came up big by scoring all three of the team's touchdowns - two interception returns by cornerback Aaron Glenn and a fumble return by cornerback Kenny Wright. With just 47 yards of total offense, it marked the lowest output by a winning team in NFL history.

It was in the link that was provided in the original post.

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
ecember 8, 2002 - Houston Texans at Pittsburgh Steelers

The Houston Texans stunned eventual AFC North champion Pittsburgh Steelers with a 24-6 win at Heinz Field. The Steelers limited the Texans to just 47 yards of total offense, but Houston's defense came up big by scoring all three of the team's touchdowns - two interception returns by cornerback Aaron Glenn and a fumble return by cornerback Kenny Wright. With just 47 yards of total offense, it marked the lowest output by a winning team in NFL history.

It was in the link that was provided in the original post.
I remember not being able to stop laughing during and after that game.