PDA

View Full Version : David Anderson - Contender or Pretender?

AFD1717
07-09-2006, 10:21 AM
David Anderson seems to be the forgotten man on this board. I'll admit, I don't know much about him. Looking at his junior year he seems to have some skills and Kubiak obviously thinks he fits the scheme or he wouldn't have drafted him. I never heard how he did in OTAs. Will he be our Brandon Stokley or will he get cut and have to hope for the taxi squad?

aj.
07-09-2006, 10:48 AM
David Anderson - Contender or Pretender?

Friend of the Kubiak family for sure. That can't hurt.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
07-09-2006, 11:14 AM
D. Anderson Colorado State Univ.(same college Kuds son plays for) 5'9 194 lbs. has great hands and willing to go across the middle of the field has no fear. Willing to block as well. Has 4.55 speed in the 40 but wont blow pass people more of a route-running skill player.(s. largent type IMO)Info from Profootball Weekly 2006 preview

AFD1717
07-09-2006, 11:20 AM
How did he do in OTAs?

TwinSisters
07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
"Who!"

I did actually say that out loud... o well never hurts to learn something new.

( and as a statement )

CMoak1982
07-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I've watched him play several times mainly because I like C states RB Kyle Bell. Anderson will be a good player probably special teams but possibly move up. Great hands and will crack back harder than anyone I've ever seen. He's fearless and pretty stout for his height. Not a breakaway guy but extremely shifty good with the ball in his hands and if it's anywhere near him he will catch it.

Keep an eye out for Kyle Bell, next coming of Eddie George.

DocBar
07-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I've watched him play several times mainly because I like C states RB Kyle Bell. Anderson will be a good player probably special teams but possibly move up. Great hands and will crack back harder than anyone I've ever seen. He's fearless and pretty stout for his height. Not a breakaway guy but extremely shifty good with the ball in his hands and if it's anywhere near him he will catch it.

Keep an eye out for Kyle Bell, next coming of Eddie George.
I can see the similarities...thru my Cokebottle-bottom glasses. Anderson is right there next to Mr. Irrelevant, right? If he makes it, great...if not, HELLO Insurance Company.

mexican_texan
07-09-2006, 03:21 PM
I like what I hear about him, and its nice to remember his name is Daid, not Derek...but that's another story. Our recieving corps is surprisingly deep, so if he makes it, he'll be mostly a special teams player.

DocBar
07-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I like what I hear about him, and its nice to remember his name is Daid, not Derek...but that's another story. Our recieving corps is surprisingly deep, so if he makes it, he'll be mostly a special teams player.
Zidane is doing OK. 1-1
EDIT um...Italia just won.

TexanSam
07-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Great if he makes it, no big deal if he doesn't. Being a 7th round pick, he obviously wasn't highly regarded. It'll be neat if he actually turns into a productive reciever, but the odds are against him being drafted where he was.

DocBar
07-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Fluff!!!!!!

tex
07-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Isn't that about where C C BROWN was drafted?

texasguy346
07-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Isn't that about where C C BROWN was drafted?

CC Brown was a 6th Round pick I believe.

DocBar
07-09-2006, 05:33 PM
CC Brown was a 6th Round pick I believe.
CC happens to be slobberknockin fluff. Don't bother argueing. Fluff is fluff til proven to BE slobberknockin fluff.

tex
07-09-2006, 05:52 PM
He maybe fluff I was just saying just because a guy is a low round pick don't mean he won't make the team.

AFD1717
07-09-2006, 06:00 PM
We do have some UDFAs that folks seem to think have a shot at making the team. I don't see why a guy we actually drafted shouldn't have a pretty good shot at making it too, despite the competition at the position.

DocBar
07-09-2006, 06:09 PM
We do have some UDFAs that folks seem to think have a shot at making the team. I don't see why a guy we actually drafted shouldn't have a pretty good shot at making it too, despite the competition at the position.
When the slobber clears, it'll be settled!!! lol
I'm justtalkin smack. The guy may end up being the Texans Bill Bates. He's probably the tour director at the NFL HOF right now. And one heck of a special teams guy, too, I might add.

bayoudreamn
07-09-2006, 11:22 PM
CC happens to be slobberknockin fluff. Don't bother argueing. Fluff is fluff til proven to BE slobberknockin fluff.

LOL.....we were looking for a nickname for the defense on another thread. Maybe we should call them SLOBBERKNOCKIN'

wrestler4life
07-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I coached against David when he played at Thousand Oaks High here in SoCal.
He was one of the best recievers I had seen, especially for his size. He will do anything asked of him and not complain. He may be another BeBee (spelling?) like the Bills had.

DocBar
07-10-2006, 10:29 AM
LOL.....we were looking for a nickname for the defense on another thread. Maybe we should call them SLOBBERKNOCKIN'
There's a lot to be said for slobberknockers!!!! I hope we have a team full of 'em this year. DC throws an interception, SLOBBERKNOCK that DB and he'll
be thinkin about it the next time DC throws a ball to him!!! Try figuring THAT one out. If you please let me in on it....

AFD1717
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I coached against David when he played at Thousand Oaks High here in SoCal.
He was one of the best recievers I had seen, especially for his size. He will do anything asked of him and not complain. He may be another BeBee (spelling?) like the Bills had.
I think he spelled his name Bebe, but I'm not sure. That guy could run like a gazelle. I can't remeber the circumstances around it, but I know they clocked him at 4.4 running barefoot. Is Anderson that fast? I thought he was more of a posession guy.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Great if he makes it, no big deal if he doesn't. Being a 7th round pick, he obviously wasn't highly regarded. It'll be neat if he actually turns into a productive reciever, but the odds are against him being drafted where he was.
I would agree to a point. Keep in mind Rod Smith was not drafted at all.

TexanFan881
07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I would agree to a point. Keep in mind Rod Smith was not drafted at all.

The situation Rod Smith was in and Antonio Gates and Priest Holmes is like a one in a million chance. I don't think David Anderson is the one out of a million. He has the skills to someday be a solid 3 or 4 but nothing more than that. Nowadays that is even more rare with how deep scouting is.

rmartin65
07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I think he will be a practice squad guy. 7th rounders rarely make teams.