PDA

View Full Version : Sauerbrun tests positive

TexanFan881
07-08-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.pfcritics.com/news101/ToddSauerbrunSuspended1Mon.php

Didn't he test positive last year too and that's why he was traded from the Panthers? Still, he's a good punter and he has no reason to be having these supplements. Because of this he's suspended for the first 4 games of the season.

:francis:

CloakNNNdagger
07-08-2006, 10:05 PM
http://www.pfcritics.com/news101/ToddSauerbrunSuspended1Mon.php

Didn't he test positive last year too and that's why he was traded from the Panthers? Still, he's a good punter and he has no reason to be having these supplements. Because of this he's suspended for the first 4 games of the season.

:francis:

He tested positive last year for steroids per se, not ephedra.

mexican_texan
07-08-2006, 11:31 PM
I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I think this guy has failed the test more than twice. I think the NFL is like the MLB in the 90s, enjoying the revenue and turning their cheeks to a steroid problem.

edo783
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
IIRC, this is the first time he has failed a test. However, he was named in the scandle regarding a doctor involved with or some how connected to the Panthers who admited in some sort of drug probe, that he gave several folks on the Panthers team some perfomance enhancing drugs and Sauerbrun was one of the players named.

TexanSam
07-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I think this guy has failed the test more than twice. I think the NFL is like the MLB in the 90s, enjoying the revenue and turning their cheeks to a steroid problem.

The NFL does have a legitimate drug policy. If guys tested postive for steroids, we would hear about it. What the NFL doesn't have is a testing policy for HGH, and I'd be willing to put money that a bunch of NFL players do use HGH.

powerfuldragon
07-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Why's he on enhancers? He's a friggin punter.

gg no re
07-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Doesn't he have beef with the Gramatica brothers?

I'd totally beef up if I had those two hating me. Their physique is intimidating.

Texans_Chick
07-10-2006, 03:43 PM
He tested positive this time for ephedra.

The problem with a lot of supplements that you can buy at GNC is that none of them are regulated by the government. There is no assurance that the stuff you are buying has the stuff that is on the label. Basically, with most supplements, you are doing a medical experiment on yourself.

The Texans tell their players not to take any over-the-counter supplements because of issues with mislabling and contamination. When they make protein shakes at the facility, they use medical grade whey, for example.

The HGH issue is a big problem but as for the other things they test for, most players wouldn't want to risk missing game checks.

Runner
07-10-2006, 03:48 PM
The HGH issue is a big problem but as for the other things they test for, most players wouldn't want to risk missing game checks.

Or the years in their lives after their forties.

powerfuldragon
07-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Ephedra is both a stimulant (similar to adrenaline) and a thermogenic. It stimulates the brain, increases heart rate, constricts blood vessels (increasing blood pressure), and expands bronchial tubes (making breathing easier). Its thermogenic properties cause an increase in metabolism, evidenced by an increase in body heat.

Side effects of ephedra may include irritability, nervousness, dizziness, trembling, headache, vomiting and hyperthermia. Chemical dependence may also develop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedra

Right, so what if he just wanted to breathe in the mile high denver air?