PDA

View Full Version : The official Titans vs. Texans 2006 Betting Thread

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 10:42 AM
OK so I'm here to take bets for this upcoming season. No, not money bets:money:, these will be "message board bets"

I predict that the Titans will have a better record in the 2006 season than the Texans. If both teams tie, then it's a draw.

If I am right, everyone who bets against me has to change their picture and signature to something of my choice (it won't be offensive but you definitely will not like it)

If I am wrong, then the same will happen to me. And since I am the only one backing the Titans, I will change my Username as well (you can vote on that).

Let the games begin.:fight: :piano:

Here is the official list (i will update it regularly):
Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo

WiiBrawler
07-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Hmmm I bet you the Texans will have a better record than the Titans, they will split the season series

DocBar
07-07-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm going with the sweep. If we split, I lose. Name your terms of surrender. I mean....you know what I mean.

jagibelieve
07-07-2006, 10:58 AM
No, leave your username the same. That way everybody knows who to laugh at.:)

Since I am a Jaguar fan, I guess I'll just have to have something in the sig. The avatar should be up to the Texans fans since this is their board.

I'll take the Texans of course. And trust me, you will not like your sig.:)

Want to predict who will win the first game between your teams? We can place another side bet.

jagibelieve
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm going with the sweep. If we split, I lose. Name your terms of surrender. I mean....you know what I mean.
I'll get in on the sweep bet.

Want to bet on the Jaguars vs. Texans for a sweep? Tack fans are invited to join in on this bet as well.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll get in on the sweep bet.

Want to bet on the Jaguars vs. Texans for a sweep? Tack fans are invited to join in on this bet as well.

Well you are going to have to come up with the results of the bet, I can't think of anything.

thunderkyss
07-07-2006, 11:14 AM
trust me, I'm more than willing to get in on a piece of this action, but if it's just your avatar/sig against all ours, then it don't seem right.

But I have absolutley no fear of loosing, so I'm in.

I'm taking the Texans to sweep, and the Titans being in the AFC South Doghouse.

HOU-TEX
07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm in for the Texans sweep of the titans and a better record of course.:homer: :fireball:

jagibelieve
07-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Sure, if we can come to agreeable stakes. I'm just not interested in betting my username/sig/avatar. I like them ... it's not about avoiding potential for embarassment, it's just I'm not interested in changing those things. I have made several message board bets in my time and kcwilson is forever the man for being the only one not reneg on his lost bet. I made four $20 bets on us not drafting Reggie Bush and he was the only one who paid up. Let me know if you're interested in going with different stakes.
That would be fine and dandy, but I'm not sure if that's within the rules on this board. Besides, and this is probably just me, but I don't bet money unless I know where it is going, as in know someone personally.

trust me, I'm more than willing to get in on a piece of this action, but if it's just your avatar/sig against all ours, then it don't seem right.

But I have absolutley no fear of loosing, so I'm in.

I'm taking the Texans to sweep, and the Titans being in the AFC South Doghouse.
Bet it. I'll bet my sig against anyone that thinks the Titans will win the first matchup. If I win, I choose a picture or phrase to put in your signature. If I lose, I'll put your choice in my signature.

real
07-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Man...I want in on the bet......But I just cant.....I don't have that much confidence in the Texans to risk losing Earl...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Man...I want in on the bet......But I just cant.....I don't have that much confidence in the Texans to risk losing Earl...

And you fear what Vince maybe can do this year

Hutch13
07-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I bet you titan tack that the texans have a better record than the titans if i am wrong you can change my sig. and just my sig.

HOU-TEX
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM

Sooo.. You're saying you already lost faith in your starting QB (Volek)??? Is he not slated the start right now??:spy:

real
07-07-2006, 11:43 AM

Nah...I am a VY fan, but I don't see him "beating" any teams...He may play o.k, but Im really not at the point where I'm fearing VY...

thunderkyss
07-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Sooo.. You're saying you already lost faith in your starting QB (Volek)??? Is he not slated the start right now??:spy:

I'm pretty sure Vince will be starting sometime in '06........ they haven't said as much, but it looks to be almost a certainty...

HOU-TEX
07-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Vince will be starting sometime in '06........ they haven't said as much, but it looks to be almost a certainty...

How does it almost look to be a certainty? Is that your opinion? Volek has been there long enough to learn the offense through and through and has proven he can play. VY has proven diddly.

I haven't a clue why I'm discussing the Titans. I quit:)

gwallaia
07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
WARNING!!!

The last time a bet like this was offered, all hell broke loose on this board. This is not a good idea.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Nah...I am a VY fan, but I don't see him "beating" any teams...He may play o.k, but Im really not at the point where I'm fearing VY...

Keyword maybe. Maybe Vince will start after a couple of games and maybe he can make a huge impact.

AFD1717
07-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm in. Texans will be .500 or better and Tenn will be at least 2 games under.

santo
07-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Put me down...I'm in.

:gotexans1 :logo:

Brandon420tx
07-07-2006, 01:05 PM
I am not going to bet, because I like my name and sig.

But, I would like to state that I believe that the Texans and the Jags both have great seasons, and that the Colts will have a major blow this year (I'm not sold on their rush defense and people will start pressuring Manning better this year) in their W-L column, I'm predicting them 8-8 at the best.

Oh yea, The Titans will have a worse season then the Texans, but can take their shot against the Colts:spy: :bowser: :stirpot: :homer:

Hutch13
07-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I am not going to bet, because I like my name and sig.

But, I would like to state that I believe that the Texans and the Jags both have great seasons, and that the Colts will have a major blow this year (I'm not sold on their rush defense and people will start pressuring Manning better this year) in their W-L column, I'm predicting them 8-8 at the best.

Oh yea, The Titans will have a worse season then the Texans, but can take their shot against the Colts:spy: :bowser: :stirpot: :homer:

wooo wait a sec did you just say that the colts will be 8-8 at best. Your kidding me right they have dwight freeney peyton manning reggie wayne marvin harrison. Im sorry but the colts will be a lot better than 8-8

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
wooo wait a sec did you just say that the colts will be 8-8 at best. Your kidding me right they have dwight freeney peyton manning reggie wayne marvin harrison. Im sorry but the colts will be a lot better than 8-8

Some Texans fans are in extreme denial. Our fans aren't like this, I don't understand. What's in the water down there?!?

Brandon420tx
07-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Wow thats it?, no other names? What about Cato June? Dallas Clark? Robert Mathis? Yes, I know who they have on their roster. I believe that Jennings will be their best Rookie this year. I also believe that this is the year their O-line buckles and thier rush defense tanks, thats why I have them lower.

HOU-TEX
07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Some Texans fans are in extreme denial. Our fans aren't like this, I don't understand. What's in the water down there?!?

It's not the water. It's all this cold beer! Hiccup!:thud:

infantrycak
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow thats it?, no other names? What about Cato June? Dallas Clark? Robert Mathis? Yes, I know who they have on their roster. I believe that Jennings will be their best Rookie this year. I also believe that this is the year their O-line buckles and thier rush defense tanks, thats why I have them lower.

I'm not seeing 8-8 for the Colts but it is going to be interesting to watch how Rhodes/Addai replace James, but not as runners, rather as pass blockers. The Colts OL has gotten the Lion's share of the credit for allowing less than 20 sacks per season over the past 4 years, but James has contributed significantly to that number not being higher. An extra 5-8 sacks this year (and 15+ QB hurries) could impact them in addition to losing a top 5 RB (are teams going to bite on the play-action near as much?--especially the Texans now that they are going from a bland D to a gambling one) and one of their top 5 tacklers.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
So check this out, the moderator at the Titans board sent me a threatening PM because I started a thread about Texans and people started to fight.

Then he got mad at me cause I started a thread called "This thread will reach 1,000 posts!" It was just people talking about random things, no fighting whatsoever. They really have their heads up something over there. They need to take a chill pill.

Brandon420tx
07-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm not seeing 8-8 for the Colts but it is going to be interesting to watch how Rhodes/Addai replace James, but not as runners, rather as pass blockers. The Colts OL has gotten the Lion's share of the credit for allowing less than 20 sacks per season over the past 4 years, but James has contributed significantly to that number not being higher. An extra 5-8 sacks this year (and 15+ QB hurries) could impact them in addition to losing a top 5 RB (are teams going to bite on the play-action near as much?--especially the Texans now that they are going from a bland D to a gambling one) and one of their top 5 tacklers.

My reasons for the O-line buckling are as follows

1). Like you mentioned the loss of Edge deals a blow to their blocking game, and people won't bite as much on the Play Action as in the past.They will become more 1 dimensional. That coupled with teams watching footage of how to pressure Manning.

and

2). With more pass attempts and stronger rushes I'm predicting an injury or 2 on their line. (I feel they've been extremely lucky compared to most teams in this regard)

TexansSeminole
07-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Man, ill even say that DD will have 100 yards in one of the games vs. the Titans.

On the other note, I dont think the Colts will have a much worse record this year than last. Manning is a great quarterback and he has some great receivers to work with. From what I have seen, when its clicking, it's the most dangerous offense in the NFL. Granted maybe taking away one of the key players will effect the chemistry, but I think that Addai is talented enough to take over, and Rhodes has run well for them in the past.

We'll see how Addai holds up in pass blocking, maybe it can be something we take advantage of early in the season.

gwallaia
07-07-2006, 02:41 PM

You're kidding right?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-07-2006, 02:43 PM
You're kidding right?

Our fans don't say we're going to sweep the Colts.

gwallaia
07-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I have visited the Titans board many times in the past. Winning the Super Bowl every year is the normal prediction from the Meatball fans. I have never seen a more kool-aid drinking bunch in my life.

Hardcore Texan
07-07-2006, 03:21 PM
So check this out, the moderator at the Titans board sent me a threatening PM because I started a thread about Texans and people started to fight.

Then he got mad at me cause I started a thread called "This thread will reach 1,000 posts!" It was just people talking about random things, no fighting whatsoever. They really have their heads up something over there. They need to take a chill pill.

Well you ARE talking about Titans fans, what did you expect? I have found it is best to keep low expectations when dealing with 'em. :stirpot:

HOU-TEX
07-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Man, ill even say that DD will have 100 yards in one of the games vs. the Titans.

On the other note, I dont think the Colts will have a much worse record this year than last. Manning is a great quarterback and he has some great receivers to work with. From what I have seen, when its clicking, it's the most dangerous offense in the NFL. Granted maybe taking away one of the key players will effect the chemistry, but I think that Addai is talented enough to take over, and Rhodes has run well for them in the past.

We'll see how Addai holds up in pass blocking, maybe it can be something we take advantage of early in the season.

I agree with this, but I think as a team I think they'd do better by letting the coaches call the game rather then Manning. I mean didn't it just strike a nerve with ya'll to see him waiving off the punt or field goal teams in order to go for it? Then after the play (which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't) they would show Dungy standing there with the Capers look. I understand having plays to audible to and what not, but this dude basically called the whole game.:rant:

Hutch13
07-07-2006, 05:25 PM

what makes you think that they rush defense will tank they have greats end with freeney and mathis. they have one of the most clutch kickers of all time. so what makes you think that their O-Line buckles and their rush defense tanks.

Brandon420tx
07-07-2006, 05:27 PM
what makes you think that they rush defense will tank they have greats end with freeney and mathis. they have one of the most clutch kickers of all time. so what makes you think that their O-Line buckles and their rush defense tanks.
I've already said my thoughts about thier O-line.

Rush defense tanks because Mathis and Freeney are speed rushers and usually just try to go around the tackle.

Hutch13
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I've already said my thoughts about thier O-line.

Rush defense tanks because Mathis and Freeney are speed rushers and usually just try to go around the tackle.

And your that person from the other thread that said we were going to sweep our divison and then you said that you were just stirring the pot and didnt mean it and then you said alright you swayed me we will sweep the divison. their rushing attack worked fine for them last year ranking in the top 10 in sacks. If your so confident we will sweep our division than why dont you bet your sig

Brandon420tx
07-07-2006, 05:41 PM
And your that person from the other thread that said we were going to sweep our divison and then you said that you were just stirring the pot and didnt mean it and then you said alright you swayed me we will sweep the divison. their rushing attack worked fine for them last year ranking in the top 10 in sacks. If your so confident we will sweep our division than why dont you bet your sig

I said we would sweep the colts then split with Tenn and Jax, (Stir pot) I really had the idea we would split the whole division, then T-kyss got my optimism going.

Fine, I'll bet you my sig we sweep division, I will change it from the first loss in the division to whatever you want. If I win you have to start a thread saying I was right.

I wanted to bet that we would have a better season than the colts but this one is more high-risk for me.

Hottoddie
07-08-2006, 12:48 PM
OK so I'm here to take bets for this upcoming season. No, not money bets:money:, these will be "message board bets"

I predict that the Titans will have a better record in the 2006 season than the Texans. If both teams tie, then it's a draw.

If I am right, everyone who bets against me has to change their picture and signature to something of my choice (it won't be offensive but you definitely will not like it)

If I am wrong, then the same will happen to me. And since I am the only one backing the Titans, I will change my Username as well (you can vote on that).

Let the games begin.:fight: :piano:

Good luck collecting on your bet.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=20744

TexansLucky13
07-08-2006, 01:07 PM

Haha... if he starts against us this year he will never start again. That's a guarantee, my misguided Titan buddy! :cool:

I want in on this bet. There isn't a chance in heck that the Titans will have a better record than us.

P.S. - In this case, I fully understand the terms and conditions of the bet, as they were well stated. Thank you for making your intentions clear and precise.

Just curious though... how long will the avatar/sig stay changed, Mr. Titan Fan?

FILO_girl
07-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Taking bets with a tack fan who joined in June? Get some tenure under those posts and we may talk.....later. I only bet with those whom are to be relied upon, regardless how the results end up. Tack fans can be jicky.

Whoever was talking that the horseshoes will go 8-8, well....it looks to be in that area, but think more 10-6 myself. Here is how I see the AFC South breaking down at this point in time (note 7/8/06):

1. Jaguars (and that hurts too, most of you know how much I like these guys...NOT)
2. Colts (watch as the franchise begins its nosedive)
3. Us (movin' on up!)
4. Them Tacks. Sorry, another year in the cellar with the corn mash for you!

thunderkyss
07-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Our fans don't say we're going to sweep the Colts.

Uh........... because you won't....... you don't even have a chance....

The best thing on your team, is your draft class......

Texan Asylum
07-08-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=17591&page=3

01-18-2006
Texan Asylum
Matthew 10:32-33 Join Date: Oct 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe when this team gets it's first win next season, things will get to snowballing in regards to excitement and spirit. With all this teams been thru and the suppression it's endured, it'll explode like a freshly pruned tree. I really believe the turnaround will be astounding. I don't think this team is as bad as the record would indicate, and most of the coaches from the opposing teams we've played stated the same thing. Most said in interviews prior to the games that this team isn't as bad as the record would indicate so they shouldn't be taken lightly. With the new staff in place and the different schemes tailored to the gifts of the squad, I believe the change will be miraculous. Write it on a calendar. 01/18/06 TA

Count me in on this bet as well, refer to my prediction from January of this year...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Updated:
Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
texanslucky13
texanasylum

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Haha... if he starts against us this year he will never start again. That's a guarantee, my misguided Titan buddy! :cool:

I want in on this bet. There isn't a chance in heck that the Titans will have a better record than us.

P.S. - In this case, I fully understand the terms and conditions of the bet, as they were well stated. Thank you for making your intentions clear and precise.

Just curious though... how long will the avatar/sig stay changed, Mr. Titan Fan?

In the words of Sandlot ... FOR - EV - ER

chuckm
07-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Updated:
Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
texanslucky13
texanasylum

the bet should be that you (Titan fan) change your username/sig on the "Titans" message board NOT this message board .... you're behind enemy lines here so why would you care if your username is "I wanna have Vince's baby" or "Texan's Rule, Titan's Drool", .....

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 09:56 AM
the bet should be that you (Titan fan) change your username/sig on the "Titans" message board NOT this message board .... you're behind enemy lines here so why would you care if you username is "I wanna have Vince's baby" or "Texan's Rule, Titan's Drool", .....

If you guys sweep us, I will change it on both.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Titans have:

No running game
No recievers
No offensive line
No D
No QB (he's a rookie, get over it!)
Best DB is Pacman which is Pbucs twin.
Sub par D

I would bet you money before I bet you my Pic and Sig. Especialy forever. Although I am 100% confident the Titans will have the first pic in the 07 draft, stuff happens and I couldn't bere having a Titan sig. I would welch. I would start over with a new name as a rookie before I would do somthing like that. Especialy to an 84 post tack fan.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Titans have:

No running game
No recievers
No offensive line
No D
Sub par D

I would bet you money before I bet you my Pic and Sig. Especialy forever. Although I am 100% confident the Titans will have the first pic in the 07 draft, stuff happens and I couldn't bere having a Titan sig. I would welch. I would start over with a new name as a rookie before I would do somthing like that. Especialy to an 84 post tack fan.

...And Houston has all of that? You went 2-14 last year and were swept by that team with none of that. Remember?

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
...And Houston has all of that? You went 2-14 last year and were swept by that team with none of that. Remember?
Dont get on your high horse. You went 4-12 and picked 3rd.

The Texans have done alot more in the offseason to improve the team than what the Titans did.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Dont get on your high horse. You went 4-12 and picked 3rd.

The Texans have done alot more in the offseason to improve the team than what the Titans did.

You can speculate that, but it's just speculation. And I can get on my high horse all I want when my team swept yours last year. So, if you say we don't have anything that is good, then you must not have anything that is good as well.

And yes, we have improved as well this off-season. I'm sorry, but nothing points to the Texans being any better than the Titans. And if you go by the only thing that counts (last season) ... we are better.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 11:07 AM
You can speculate that, but it's just speculation. And I can get on my high horse all I want when my team swept yours last year. So, if you say we don't have anything that is good, then you must not have anything that is good as well.

And yes, we have improved as well this off-season. I'm sorry, but nothing points to the Texans being any better than the Titans. And if you go by the only thing that counts (last season) ... we are better.
I was refearing to the high horse about the record. The Titans lost Brad Hopkins, Steve McNair. Gained Givens(a second reciever at best) drafted a rookie QB and are stuck starting a career backup. Vanden Bosch will prove to be a one year wonder. There is even talk about Chris Brown is heading out of town.

The Texans now have two number one recievers with moulds, a deep deep TE core with the addition of Putzier, Big wide recievers, pass catching full backs a monster for a DE athletic LB's.

Texans are going to suprise alot of people this year. Including our own fans.

Texan Asylum
07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
The wager doesn't include a sweep, I just want to get that clear in my head...correct? I wouldn't be as bold to predict any sweeps what-so-ever.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I was refearing to the high horse about the record. The Titans lost Brad Hopkins, Steve McNair. Gained Givens(a second reciever at best) drafted a rookie QB and are stuck starting a career backup. Vanden Bosch will prove to be a one year wonder. There is even talk about Chris Brown is heading out of town.

The Texans now have two number one recievers with moulds, a deep deep TE core with the addition of Putzier, Big wide recievers, pass catching full backs a monster for a DE athletic LB's.

Texans are going to suprise alot of people this year. Including our own fans.

We have the best TE core in the league.
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5654168

Not to mention our TE core had the 3rd most receptions last year OF ALL TIME:
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=4279557&nav=menu7_4_4

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
We have the best TE core in the league.
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5654168

Not to mention our TE core had the 3rd most receptions last year OF ALL TIME:
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=4279557&nav=menu7_4_4
Thats all ya got? Foxsports.com ranking? The same people who think the Cowboys had the best offseason? Ya they got TO but what else did they do?

FYI-When the Texans didn't have anyone to catch the ball Billy Miller was our leading reciever. Thats what happens when your recievers are made up of Corey Bradfords.

jagibelieve
07-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Titans have:

No running game
No recievers
No offensive line
No D
Sub par D

So you are saying that you're not that confident in your team?

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
So you are saying that you're not that confident in your team?
Lets just say there are a lot of broke people in Vegas.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Lets just say there are a lot of broke people in Vegas.

Let's just say it's funny that you say the Titans are horrible, yet, the Texans are worse.

And I'm not bragging about a FoxSports ranking. If I just straight up told you that we have the best TE core in the league you would just write it off. I had to have something with a little credibility.

And if you don't think picking up arguably the best receiver in the league was a good move, then you're wrong. The Cowboys did have a better offseason than a lot of teams.

Texan Asylum
07-10-2006, 01:16 PM
The wager doesn't include a sweep, I just want to get that clear in my head...correct? I wouldn't be as bold to predict any sweeps what-so-ever.
Hey Titan, am I going to get a response to this?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey Titan, am I going to get a response to this?

Yeah I know, the main bet is just for the better record.

the side bet is for the sweep.

It's crazy to me that your fans would bet on sweeping a team. You're coming off a 2-14 season. We're coming off a 4-12 season and I would never predict a sweep over anyone. I predict that we will split with you guys, but end up with one more win.

I'm guessing this:
Titans 6-10
Texans 5-11

I'm not trying to insult the Texans, but being two of the worst teams in the league last year I just don't have confidence in either team for a couple years.

Texan Asylum
07-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Cool...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Taking bets with a tack fan who joined in June? Get some tenure under those posts and we may talk.....later. I only bet with those whom are to be relied upon, regardless how the results end up. Tack fans can be jicky.

Whoever was talking that the horseshoes will go 8-8, well....it looks to be in that area, but think more 10-6 myself. Here is how I see the AFC South breaking down at this point in time (note 7/8/06):

1. Jaguars (and that hurts too, most of you know how much I like these guys...NOT)
2. Colts (watch as the franchise begins its nosedive)
3. Us (movin' on up!)
4. Them Tacks. Sorry, another year in the cellar with the corn mash for you!

Another year in the celler ... ???

Are you just straight up in denial about last football season?

Texan Asylum
07-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah I know, the main bet is just for the better record.

the side bet is for the sweep.

It's crazy to me that your fans would bet on sweeping a team. You're coming off a 2-14 season. We're coming off a 4-12 season and I would never predict a sweep over anyone. I predict that we will split with you guys, but end up with one more win.

I'm guessing this:
Titans 6-10
Texans 5-11

I'm not trying to insult the Texans, but being two of the worst teams in the league last year I just don't have confidence in either team for a couple years.
I can understand your justification for your opinions...but I have contended, for quite sometime, that this team was better than a 2-14 team. But alas...who can say, and only time will tell how the year will turn out.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I can understand your justification for your opinions, but I would contend that this team is a better than 2-14 team.

Yeah I know, 3 wins better in my opinion

You gotta realize who we (titans, texans, jags, colts) play this year. Our out of conference schedules are hard as he!!

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Let's just say it's funny that you say the Titans are horrible, yet, the Texans are worse.

And I'm not bragging about a FoxSports ranking. If I just straight up told you that we have the best TE core in the league you would just write it off. I had to have something with a little credibility.
And if you don't think picking up arguably the best receiver in the league was a good move, then you're wrong. The Cowboys did have a better off season than a lot of teams.
The Titans are far worse off than you think. When Bud locked out McNair that sealed the deal. What do you think is going on in the locker room, there icon, there leader, a man who played with a sports hernia, was thrown to the way side like yesterdays trash. What do you think is going on in the players heads when they realize that if this can happen to Steve than what would prevent it from happening to me? Do you really think this team is going to play hard for Adams and his gang this year? Do you really think these players are going to risk injury and limb going the extra mile knowing they can be tossed aside tomorrow?

And you are right I would have discounted what you had said if not for a little proof. My only point was I was talking about the depth of TE core not necessarily our strength. My point does remain, if you don't receivers who can catch then your tight-ends are going to see alot of action.

TO was a great pick-up, unless he runs his mouth and destroys the team, but picking up one player does not constitute an entire off season.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 02:47 PM
The Titans are far worse off than you think. When Bud locked out McNair that sealed the deal. What do you think is going on in the locker room, there icon, there leader, a man who played with a sports hernia, was thrown to the way side like yesterdays trash. What do you think is going on in the players heads when they realize that if this can happen to Steve than what would prevent it from happening to me? Do you really think this team is going to play hard for Adams and his gang this year? Do you really think these players are going to risk injury and limb going the extra mile knowing they can be tossed aside tomorrow?
And you are right I would have discounted what you had said if not for a little proof. My only point was I was talking about the depth of TE core not necessarily our strength. My point does remain, if you don't receivers who can catch then your tight-ends are going to see alot of action.

TO was a great pick-up, unless he runs his mouth and destroys the team, but picking up one player does not constitute an entire off season.

This isn't college football dude. It's a business. Keeping McNair because of empathy would hurt the team. We couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted. If McNair were to be starting for the Titans in '06 we'd be horrible, you know why? We'd have no money to pay anyone else. His salary was 1/4 of our ENTIRE CAP.

Bottom line: it's a business and trading McNair was a business decision. I love the NFL and being an NFL fan this is the one thing we have to deal with. Why do you think Montana played as a Chief? Or Moon left Houston? etc etc

Old players are in denial that their time is up. McNair thought about retirement two years ago. That should tell you something.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 03:26 PM
This isn't college football dude. It's a business. Keeping McNair because of empathy would hurt the team. We couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted. If McNair were to be starting for the Titans in '06 we'd be horrible, you know why? We'd have no money to pay anyone else. His salary was 1/4 of our ENTIRE CAP.

Bottom line: it's a business and trading McNair was a business decision. I love the NFL and being an NFL fan this is the one thing we have to deal with. Why do you think Montana played as a Chief? Or Moon left Houston? etc etc

Old players are in denial that their time is up. McNair thought about retirement two years ago. That should tell you something.
Thanks for clearing that up, NCAA, NFL, sometimes I get them confused (sarcasm, don't take offense). Hey if I were the Titans I wouldn't have paid him that either. What I am trying to say is there was a better way of handling the situation then locking out your leader and icon. Not to mention the whole reason his cap hit was so big was his constant restructuring of his previous contracts. Eventually the Titans were going to have to pay him. But again that was McNair taking it for the team. What do you think is going to happen when Adams asks another player to restructure his contract. He is going to tell him to go pound sand.

McNair may have been a Titan but he deserved a little bit more respect and loyalty from an organization that he has literally bled for. The last thing you want is a football player taking a "business" approach to the game. Once again you would see the "business" player getting shorter and shorter arms when it comes time to go over the middle, or pull up just a little when its time to deliver that hit, or maybe not running the rout that crisp in fear of tearing a hamstring. There will be effects

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, NCAA, NFL, sometimes I get them confused (sarcasm, don't take offense). Hey if I were the Titans I wouldn't have paid him that either. What I am trying to say is there was a better way of handling the situation then locking out your leader and icon. Not to mention the whole reason his cap hit was so big was his constant restructuring of his previous contracts. Eventually the Titans were going to have to pay him. But again that was McNair taking it for the team. What do you think is going to happen when Adams asks another player to restructure his contract. He is going to tell him to go pound sand.

McNair may have been a Titan but he deserved a little bit more respect and loyalty from an organization that he has literally bled for. The last thing you want is a football player taking a "business" approach to the game. Once again you would see the "business" player getting shorter and shorter arms when it comes time to go over the middle, or pull up just a little when its time to deliver that hit, or maybe not running the rout that crisp in fear of tearing a hamstring. There will be effects

These players know who gives them their 500,000+ paychecks every week. They know they've got to play to their potential because the average NFL career is 3 seasons long. For those who have no college education, they will not screw around out there just because of what happened to McNair.

Although you are right, there could be very minor affects.

HOOK'EM
07-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Titans in 06' and years to come are going to be sorry with or without McNair.

HOOK'EM
07-10-2006, 03:43 PM
.........or the Flaming Meatballs should I say.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Titans in 06' and years to come are going to be sorry with or without McNair.

You're just pissed we got your QB.

HOOK'EM
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Thats the first that I've heard Carr is leaving Houston? Where did you get your info from?

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 03:52 PM
You're just pissed we got your QB.
You didnt get our QB. We had the first pick. If we wanted him we would have taken him. So he was never "our" QB.

And yes, there is more than one college in the state of Texas.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Thats the first that I've heard Carr is leaving Houston? Where did you get your info from?

Ohh now you're in denial about it.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
You didnt get our QB. We had the first pick. If we wanted him we would have taken him. So he was never "our" QB.

And yes, there is more than one college in the state of Texas.

yeah, but dude's name is "HOOK'EM" and im pretty sure he didn't make the decision on drafting Vince or not

HOOK'EM
07-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Tack, whats there to be in denial about? The fact that you guys got our left overs and will soon enough have the first over all pick in the 07' Draft. Then you guys could get a real QB, that VY guy is a joke.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 03:58 PM
yeah, but dude's name is "HOOK'EM" and im pretty sure he didn't make the decision on drafting Vince or not
Oh you were talking to hook'em, sorry.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Tack, whats there to be in denial about? The fact that you guys got our left overs and will soon enough have the first over all pick in the 07' Draft. Then you guys could get a real QB, that VY guy is a joke.
Did I miss somthing?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Did I miss somthing?

Haha I'm as lost as you. Either that guy is kidding or he's not really a UT fan...

HOOK'EM
07-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Did I miss somthing?

I guess so, the Tack was talking about they got our QB. Carr is still our starter so maybe he's talking about Banks?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I guess so, the Tack was talking about they got our QB. Carr is still our starter so maybe he's talking about Banks?

Yeah it's just an extreme case of denial. Sad really.

HOOK'EM
07-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Haha I'm as lost as you. Either that guy is kidding or he's not really a UT fan...

You finally figured me out Tack, I'm not a UT fan. As far as I know this is a Texans MB and our slogan is a bull therefore the HOOK'EM. You figure it out.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-10-2006, 04:09 PM
OK then I am right. You aren't a UT fan. I said that was one of the possibilities.

TEXANRED
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
HOOK'EM, TACK, settle down. Don't make me send you to time out!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
HOOK'EM, TACK, settle down. Don't make me send you to time out!

Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me? :bananasplit:

Brandon420tx
07-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I recant my bet with hutch, we're going 5-1 in the division sweeping the Titans and the Colts.

TEXANRED
07-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I recant my bet with hutch, we're going 5-1 in the division sweeping the Titans and the Colts.
Why stop there? We can sweep the Jags as well.

We are going 6-0 in the division!

Brandon420tx
07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Unfortunatly I like the Jags too, not as much as the Texans, but more than most other teams.

threetoedpete
07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
the bet should be that you (Titan fan) change your username/sig on the "Titans" message board NOT this message board .... you're behind enemy lines here so why would you care if your username is "I wanna have Vince's baby" or "Texan's Rule, Titan's Drool", .....

Agreed, If...the titans troll will change his monicar on Both sites I'm in.

We sweep the titans in '06. That's my bet. I vote for ,I blow VY, Texans rule.

Seņor Stan
07-11-2006, 08:19 PM

That is weak. Here's my proposal. Same scenario, different stakes...

1) The team that drafts in the higher spot loses. Period.
2) You change your picture and signature here AND on the Titans board you post on
3) You MUST verify your username and website that you post at for the Titans. I'm guessing you are SundaysAtNoon, but I want to be sure.

If you don't take the bet, you are nothing but a scared coward .

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 09:05 AM
That is weak. Here's my proposal. Same scenario, different stakes...

1) The team that drafts in the higher spot loses. Period.
2) You change your picture and signature here AND on the Titans board you post on
3) You MUST verify your username and website that you post at for the Titans. I'm guessing you are SundaysAtNoon, but I want to be sure.

If you don't take the bet, you are nothing but a scared coward .

Well, I will take the bet but are you in on the bet as well?

bigtex77
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Hey "Tack" I'll get in if the offer is still good. I want a "sweep" bet. If the Texans sweep the Titans you change your sig, and vice-versa. The stakes are: Texans sweep - You change your sig to "Bud used to own the Titans, now the Texans do". And of course the opposite for me.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey "Tack" I'll get in if the offer is still good. I want a "sweep" bet. If the Texans sweep the Titans you change your sig, and vice-versa. The stakes are: Texans sweep - You change your sig to "Bud used to own the Titans, now the Texans do". And of course the opposite for me.

I will add you to the list

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Updated:
Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77

Seņor Stan
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, I will take the bet but are you in on the bet as well?

I'm in.

What is your username on the titans board?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm in.

What is your username on the titans board?

SundaysAtNoon on titansonline.com

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
updated:

Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77
Senor Stan

powerfuldragon
07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm betting.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
updated:

Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77
Senor Stan
powerful dragon

TEXANRED
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Alrighty boys and girls there needs to be a clarification of the bet before this ends up like the other bet we had.

Is this a sweep one team or the other or is this a better record bet.

some are betting sweep, some are betting better record.

On which one does tack fan change there name? Sweep or better record?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Alrighty boys and girls there needs to be a clarification of the bet before this ends up like the other bet we had.

Is this a sweep one team or the other or is this a better record bet.

some are betting sweep, some are betting better record.

On which one does tack fan change there name? Sweep or better record?

I only change my name if we get swept. But if we end up with a worse record i will change everything but my name.

TexanSam
07-14-2006, 12:53 AM
I'll take the bet. I think the Texans and Titans will split the two games, but I predict the Texans will have a better record. You can't change the name, but you can add anything to my signature and my icon. If you lose though, we as Texans fans should get to choose what to change your icon to on THIS message board and the Titans message board also. Is that fair?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes, TexanSam, that is fair.

UPDATED LIST:

Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77
Senor Stan
powerful dragon
TexanSam

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Season is getting closer! anymore takers?!

[bump]

Blu
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
YO TACK!! We need to set up a sig bet over at GIF!
That way we can get as nasty as you wanna be sucker!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/downi9/Blus-gif-sig.gif

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Update as of 8/9/06 :

Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77
Senor Stan
powerful dragon
TexanSam
xtruroyaltyx (sig only)

real
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Update as of 8/9/06 :

Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77
Senor Stan
powerful dragon
TexanSam
xtruroyaltyx(Sig only)

Thanks...

run-david-run
08-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Im in all the way. Texans have a better record and sweep the Titans

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Carr2Johnson
DocBar
jagibelieve
thunderkyss
HOU-TEX
Hutch 13 (sig only)
AFD1717
santo
Bixtex77
Senor Stan
powerful dragon
TexanSam
xtruroyaltyx(Sig only)
run-david-run

jagibelieve
08-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Ok, I haven't checked this thread for a while. I did bet that the Texans have a better record than the Titans right? Am I in on the sweep as well? (not sure about that one).

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok, I haven't checked this thread for a while. I did bet that the Texans have a better record than the Titans right? Am I in on the sweep as well? (not sure about that one).

Nope

Wolf
08-13-2006, 12:55 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/titans_mb_header.jpg

this just looks weird.. kinda like the Astros lineup w/o Biggio in a season or two

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/titans_mb_header.jpg

this just looks weird.. kinda like the Astros lineup w/o Biggio in a season or two

Well I agree. It's like having a Lame Duck president (Volek).

But Pac-Man is a #1 draft pick and Vanden Bosch made the pro bowl. Why bulluck isn't on it i will never know. Bulluck is the face of our team for the time being.

TexansLucky13
08-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Yup, I have decided not to get involved in this.

Unless of course I can redecorate your house if the Texans were to have a better record. :rolleyes:

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Titans (0-1)
Texans (0-1)

Both teams looked pretty bad, this should be an interesting bet. I'm just looking forward to our first game against each other :)

RiotCommander
09-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I think we may have lost that game, but there was a lot to build on. As for the Titans I have thought for awhile now you guys should just put VY in and let him learn. It didn't seem like the vets you have have are playing any better then him.

Maybe they want to wait until they know its going to be a losing season to do that. I just figure the more snaps he gets in a real game the sooner he can adjust to the NFL.

Watching from the sideline does keep him safe from being beat up though. I have no idea how your O-line is doing. Good luck Titans until we meet.

Titan "Tack" Fan
10-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Well I am losing the bet so far. To bad we aren't on some type of points system. A 1 point loss to Indy should count for something...jk.

I have a feeling this will come down to the end.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Titans in the lead by 1 game.

Titans 5-7
Texans 4-8

Texan Asylum
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Titans in the lead by 1 game.

Titans 5-7
Texans 4-8
What's the bet??? :spy: :crying:

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 06:12 PM
What's the bet??? :spy: :crying:

Read the very first post

WiiBrawler
12-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh wow this is gonna be good, good to see this thread alive again, sorry vince, we love ya down here in h-town, sad to see us hurting our hometown hero

Orion
12-04-2006, 06:35 PM
this is going to be good....hahaha

WiiBrawler
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow I lost what avatar Im I gonna wear now

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-10-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll let this loss wear on you guys a little while before I start dealing out the punishment.

TexanSam
12-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Wait, so how long do we change our avatar and sig for?

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm going to be nice and say 1 month. But I won't make you do it til the season is over.

I gotta think up some good avatars and sigs. They're all going to be different.

swtbound07
12-11-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm going to be nice and say 1 month. But I won't make you do it til the season is over.

slow down sparky.....on the sweep bets, sure. But there is no guarantee that you finish with a better record then us....we aren't mathmatically eliminated yet. By the way...im not even in on this bet so i could care less...i just hate to see you flying off the handle too early

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
slow down sparky.....on the sweep bets, sure. But there is no guarantee that you finish with a better record then us....we aren't mathmatically eliminated yet. By the way...im not even in on this bet so i could care less...i just hate to see you flying off the handle too early

Sure thing bossman:tease:

Seņor Stan
12-18-2006, 07:32 AM

It's a done deal.

I'll take my medicine now.

Congrats. The Titans are on a heck of a run.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
It's a done deal.

I'll take my medicine now.

Congrats. The Titans are on a heck of a run.

Fo' Sho' !!!

FYI - We have the hardest schedule in the NFL too.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-23-2006, 04:48 PM
I have been sending out PMs to these people, so expect their new signatures/avatars soon!

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Titans have:

No running game
No recievers
No offensive line
No D
Sub par D

:wacko: :hmmm: :loser

mexican_texan
12-25-2006, 12:33 AM
You gotta rain on their parade Tack? We beat the Colts. You can thank us for ruining their playoff run, as they won't have much momentum. "_"