PDA

View Full Version : C.C Brown Update

Texans34Life
07-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Texans | Brown improving
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:15:42 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans S C.C. Brown has been impressive during offseason practices and spent a good portion of his time on improving his pass coverage. "I feel a lot more comfortable," Brown said. "I think my passing game has picked up a lot. I'm able to recognize route combinations and things like that much better."

DominickDavisFan76
07-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Thats why I think that he will make the pro bowl in 2 years....He needs to work on his coverage ability, intercepting the ball, and just keep on knocking the snot out of the other team.

TexanFan881
07-06-2006, 12:39 AM
We need a good, solid safety. Hopefully he steps into the starting position and does very strong for us this year. Hopefully Buchanon's tackling work is working out this well.

YoungTexanFan
07-06-2006, 12:52 AM
He needs to work on his coverage ability, intercepting the ball

This is where intangables and natural instinct come into play. Brown simply does not have the ability to cover and react, and he doesn't have the hips to turn and run. He also appears to have hands of stone and almost zero willingness to intercept the ball, rather waiting to "hit" (not fundamentally tackle) the reciever once possession has been retained. I like Brown, but he is not a starter in any other secondary. He is a back up SS, not a starting FS.

TexansSeminole
07-06-2006, 01:01 AM
This is where intangables and natural instinct come into play. Brown simply does not have the ability to cover and react, and he doesn't have the hips to turn and run. He also appears to have hands of stone and almost zero willingness to intercept the ball, rather waiting to "hit" (not fundamentally tackle) the reciever once possession has been retained. I like Brown, but he is not a starter in any other secondary. He is a back up SS, not a starting FS.

Ill give him another year before I say that he is not starting material. He was productive last year for us he is definantely worth playing this season. He is young and was productive his first year; keep him on the roster and try and turn him into a solid starter.

YoungTexanFan
07-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Ill give him another year before I say that he is not starting material. He was productive last year for us he is definantely worth playing this season. He is young and was productive his first year; keep him on the roster and try and turn him into a solid starter.

It's funny that nobody will say the same about Buchanon when he has 10x the talent.

bigbrewster2000
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
It's funny that nobody will say the same about Buchanon when he has 10x the talent.
You are talking about a guy that was a rookie last year(Brown) and a guy in his 4th year in the league (PBuc). And yes Pbuc has tons of talent but has yet to put it all together on a consistant basis. Did you read the Brown article? Read it then tell me the guy is not more than a backup. And for the record as bad as PBuc was I am ready to see him suceed just lke the rest of our team.

TexansSeminole
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM

Actually i was a Buchanon fan until last year when i saw that he loves to wiff. Again i'll give him another year before deciding that he can't start.

Doom Capers
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM

Then you better tell the coaches! They may not know as much as you!

Brandon420tx
07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Deleted

trane
07-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Texans | Brown improving
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:15:42 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans S C.C. Brown has been impressive during offseason practices and spent a good portion of his time on improving his pass coverage. "I feel a lot more comfortable," Brown said. "I think my passing game has picked up a lot. I'm able to recognize route combinations and things like that much better."

Funny...a lot of Texan's players are "improving" with the new coaching regime.

Brandon420tx
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Funny...a lot of Texan's players are "improving" with the new coaching regime.
Hahahahahaha, sorry.

DocBar
07-06-2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2650
Didn't see a link to the story so I figured I'd add one.
I like CC and think he'll be an above average player for years to come. He might not have all the physical tools you'd like in a "prototypical" safety, but he DOES have heart and intelligence, and those are two of the best intangibles that can't be coached. I think CC andEarl could give some OC's, not to mention TE's and WR's, more than a few headaches in the future.
:twocents:

TexansTrueFan
07-06-2006, 02:53 PM

maybe cause this will be the 6th year PB has stunk it up, one chance to C.C Brown is alot more of a sure thing instead of hoping PB will have football god magic dust sprinkled on him, and actually play half worth what we pay him.

cuppacoffee
07-06-2006, 03:31 PM

From YoungTexanFan

"This is where intangables and natural instinct come into play.
Brown simply does not have the ability to cover and react, and he doesn't have the hips to turn and run.

Does Buchannon have all these qualities? Guess he is a future HOF er.

"He also appears to have hands of stone and almost zero willingness to intercept the ball, rather waiting to "hit" (not fundamentally tackle) the reciever once possession has been retained."

Buchannon is a beast at tackling...really likes to hit..:rolleyes:
The word 'ole' comes to mind...:chicken:

Buchannon has soft hands. How many ints. did he have last year?

Buchannon is hardly the barometer you should use in this instance.

I am not anti-Buchannon. I hope he becomes a Texan pro-bowler.

"I like Brown, but he is not a starter in any other secondary. He is a back up SS, not a starting FS."

Best call Kubiak and tell him he is wasting his time with Brown then.

I just don't think it's fair to judge Brown on his rookie season at a very challenging position...:penalty:

Brown came from a small college, U Louisiana @ Lafayette. He is just now receiving the coaching he needs to become a pro football player.

:coffee:

powerfuldragon
07-06-2006, 05:03 PM
It’s not really mine, I wouldn’t say,” Brown said of the starting free safety spot. “It’s still open on the table. The only thing I can do is work hard and try to maintain it.”

According to veteran Jason Simmons, Brown has shown every indication that the job is his.

“To tell you the truth, C.C. doesn’t look like a second-year player,” Simmons said during the team’s first mini-camp. “It’s my ninth year in the league, and it’s just like his ninth year. The guy doesn’t get rattled by anything. He’s just a really poised player. He’s the quarterback of our defense. He runs the defense back there. Everybody has so much respect for him.”

One of the areas of Brown’s game that he spent the most time on the past few months has been his pass coverage. Breaking down film and learning from some of the mistakes he made last year should help him in 2006, when the Texans face six of the NFL’s top-11 passing offenses from a year ago.

“I feel a lot more comfortable,” Brown said. “I think my passing game has picked up a lot. I’m able to recognize route combinations and things like that much better.”

Aside from Brown’s increased awareness on passing downs, Simmons sees the most improvement in Brown’s consistency.

“Whenever you’re a young player, there are always flashes,” Simmons said. “You can be like, ‘OK, wow this guy, if he could do it every time…’ Now, it’s gotten to the point where (C.C.) does it every play.”

The new 4-3 defense doesn’t affect the secondary as much as the front-seven, but Brown likes what he’s seen of the new attack so far, particularly in long-distance situations.

“It helps us out a lot,” Brown said earlier this offseason. “We get four-man pressure now. We get more pressure on the quarterback to make bad throws so we can try to help out with turnovers.

“Everyone out there is hungry and everyone is just trying to cause some type of disruption, a pass breakup, interception or something to help out.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2650

I know the article's probably biased, but i liked what i read.

real
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I know the article's probably biased, but i liked what i read.

Thanks for the read...

powerfuldragon
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the read...
don't thank me, DocBar posted it earlier.