PDA

View Full Version : Projected Offensive Lineup

TexanFan881
07-01-2006, 02:07 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=2&c=543701

The Texans have done what they needed to do on the offensive side of the ball. With veteran additions to the team like WR Eric Moulds and C Mike Flanagan, and several promising rookies, the Texans have no more excuses to not put the points on the board.

jmerog
07-01-2006, 02:16 PM
the report kept discribing Putzier as a blocking tight end. I thought pass catching was Putz's main strength.

aj.
07-01-2006, 03:45 PM
I thought pass catching was Putz's main strength.
It is.

We certainly didn't sign Putz for his blocking skills - which are average at best. We signed Putz because he has decent hands, is a downfield threat, and knows the offense as well as Kubiak and Calhoun. He's like having another coach on the field. Over 70% of his catches last year were for first downs and his yards per catch is impressive.

Another reason we were able to sign Putz is because the Broncos think Stephen Alexander is a more complete TE. They let Putz walk so they wouldn't have to pay him a $1.5 million option.

Corrosion
07-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Just goes to show how much research these jokers do before they right their story . Half the people writing these things havent a clue .... there are very few sports writers i have respect for .

AFD1717
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
We have to find him a better nickname than "Putz." How about JP?

aj.
07-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I'll stop calling Putzier 'Putz' when others stop calling Kubiak 'Kubes.' That sounds too much like one of those wimpy baseball clubhouse nicknames.

Texan in Japan
07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
OK, if you go with initials, we could call them JP and GK or Coach K.

texan279
07-01-2006, 08:21 PM
The Texans have done what they needed to do on the offensive side of the ball. With veteran additions to the team like WR Eric Moulds and C Mike Flanagan, and several promising rookies, the Texans have no more excuses to not put the points on the board.

I understand our offense is improved, but I hope the media doesn't have unrealisitc expectations in our first season under a new regime and with new starting players. I expect to see improvement by at least midway into the season, but I don't expect anything Indy like from our offense, not this season anyway...:drool:

Runner
07-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I understand our offense is improved, but I hope the media doesn't have unrealisitc expectations in our first season under a new regime and with new starting players. I expect to see improvement by at least midway into the season, but I don't expect anything Indy like from our offense, not this season anyway...:drool:

The difference between our offense and Indy's last year was so great that we could have drastic improvement and still not be anywhere near the Indy offense's smooth coordination and effectiveness. I would consider a "drastic" improvement such as that realistic. I can't define what I mean by that type of improvement in hard numbers, but we'll know it if we see it.

AFD1717
07-02-2006, 11:48 AM
OK, if you go with initials, we could call them JP and GK or Coach K.

I kind of like "Kubes" but I'm open to change. I don't like GK and Coach K coaches at Duke. Any other ideas?

CloakNNNdagger
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I've referred to him in posts as Kub for simplicity. Could look at this as short for his never give up approach: Keep Up the Battle

BlueThunder
07-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I expect instant improvement on our offense.If we don't get that then we have changes that need to be made.I really think Kub should be picking up more WC players to get everything off faster but he did add a WRs coach and that is the area that can hurt a team most changing systems.He added his pivot and TE that can be our blue collar lunch pale type in his scheme.I am really starting to get a picture of where he's going and I like the nuclius of what he is putting together.He added THAT big brusing FB too. :banana:

I don't see why is everyone talking about how much better the Colts offense is then ours but what we should be looking at is our offense compared to the Colts defense.

Every offense looks better with the defense we put on the field last year.Even our offense looked good against our defense..Colts defense #15 run defense #16 pass defense

There are going to be KEYs to help this year if we take advantage of other teams weakness.

Our offense don't have to be better then the team were playing if there defense can't stop us..

:logo: :trophy: No Mercy!

Our only goal on offense is consistant drives that score points,,..

Hulk75
07-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Go Kubes!:redtowel:

AFD1717
07-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I've referred to him in posts as Kub for simplicity. Could look at this as short for his never give up approach: Keep Up the Battle
Sold!

BlueThunder
07-02-2006, 09:18 PM
LIVE OR DIE WERE ALL GOING TO BE HERO'S

:logo: :party: :trophy: SUPERBOWL!

50 TO .000000001

I can't think of a better cause...

DenverBorn
07-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Reading that our starting OL will include Wand, Pitts, McKinney and Weigert just makes me want to throw up. Are you kdding me? We've been there, done that. Say all you want about Moulds, Putzier, etc - we have NOT improved the OL again this year.

Kaiser Toro
07-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Reading that our starting OL will include Wand, Pitts, McKinney and Weigert just makes me want to throw up. Are you kdding me? We've been there, done that. Say all you want about Moulds, Putzier, etc - we have NOT improved the OL again this year.

Looks good to me as those appear to be their natural positions. Putting players in a position to fail was a cornerstone of the Capers/Pendry/Fangio regime.

done88
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
The same site hasa this for the projected lineup for defense.
http://texans.scout.com/2/543257.html

it has Weaver on the left end and TJ starting inside. Does anyone think this is correct. What do you guys think?

HOU-TEX
07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
The same site hasa this for the projected lineup for defense.
http://texans.scout.com/2/543257.html

it has Weaver on the left end and TJ starting inside. Does anyone think this is correct. What do you guys think?

No, I don't think so. From what I've gathered Weaver will be inside. I think both TJ and Smith will be 2nd team with Smith being in the rotation more than TJ. Unless TJ come in and has an excellent TC. So far it looks like this;

1st team: Babin, Payne, Weaver, Mario :stirpot:

done88
07-03-2006, 12:24 PM

The center is the back bone of the line. Adding Flangin an experienced vet at the center postion over a vet guard playing center and not very well. Mckinney had no confidence at the poition and it affected the entire line. He was a great guard and it's good to have himm bcak there again. Flangin is poised and ready to play the center position. That alone improves the line. Secondly Sherman is a dedicated O-line coach. This is also a big improvement over sticking people in that position witout the experience. The O-line coach has beeen a revolving door for assistant head coachs to ex reciever coacs. Sherman was an O-line coach in the begining and that is his passion. Yet another upgrade at the position. Finally the depth created with Spencer, Winston, and Hdgdon means if someone goes down we will not have to shift the entire line al la last year when Hodgdon got hurt and Mckinney moved back to center. Yet another improvement. The line has played musical chairs too long. The line will be greatly improved this year.

done88
07-03-2006, 12:26 PM
No, I don't think so. From what I've gathered Weaver will be inside. I think both TJ and Smith will be 2nd team with Smith being in the rotation more than TJ. Unless TJ come in and has an excellent TC. So far it looks like this;

1st team: Babin, Payne, Weaver, Mario :stirpot:
Thanks that's kina what I thought but I did'nt know if he knew something I did not.

HOU-TEX
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks that's kina what I thought but I did'nt know if he knew something I did not.

Actually at this point in the offseason nobody really knows much except the coach. That lineup is just what I've gathered from the Texan news as well as others. It'll solidify more as TC starts.

AFD1717
07-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Hogdon, Spencer, and Winston are three very talented linemen that just need more seasoning before they are ready to start. By midseason you may see two, if not all three of them, in the starting lineup. Patience Daniel-san.

threetoedpete
07-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I kind of like "Kubes" but I'm open to change. I don't like GK and Coach K coaches at Duke. Any other ideas?
Yeah me too. No disrespect ment. Kinda like BUM...three letters everybody knows who. But I'm open to a nifty little monogram if you think of one. :challenge

threetoedpete
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Hogdon, Spencer, and Winston are three very talented linemen that just need more seasoning before they are ready to start. By midseason you may see two, if not all three of them, in the starting lineup. Patience Daniel-san.
Wand goes down in flames the first quarter vs Pilly ...you're going to see Spencer a whole lot quicker than mid season I'm thinking. I believe Pitt's bounce around days are over. JMHO.

AFD1717
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Wand goes down in flames the first quarter vs Pilly ...you're going to see Spencer a whole lot quicker than mid season I'm thinking. I believe Pitt's bounce around days are over. JMHO.
Unfortunately, I'd bet that if your first prediction comes true then your second one won't. If Wand flops, I bet Pitts moves back to LT for a few games until Spencer is a little more polished, but hopefully we won't ever find out. I really don't care how they end up as long as Carr stays vertical.