PDA

View Full Version : Who's to blame?

BroussardSaint
07-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Who do you blame for the Texans Woes since they been in the League?

swtbound07
07-01-2006, 01:31 AM
Not voting till you put Carr in this poll

wicked_wayz
07-01-2006, 09:16 AM

why do u blame carr for the teams dissapointing season???? u can't espect much from him when he only has like 1.3 sec to pass the ball b4 he gets sacked.....

HJam72
07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I say it's Bud Adams fault. Everything is his fault anyway.

My second choice, of course, would be Capers. I should be more specific, though, and say that Fangio and Pendry were the ones who actually blew chunks with this franchise. Capers is just the dummy who let them do it.

DominickDavisFan76
07-01-2006, 01:16 PM
I voted for capers, because he was supposed to be a defensive guru and he went and had us be the team ranked 31st in sacks...doesnt sound like a defensive team to me.

I dont think that is Charly Casserly's fault because as soon as Capers left he redeemed himself (a little bit) by signing Eric Moulds and helped sign better coaches.

TexanFan881
07-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I dont think that is Charly Casserly's fault because as soon as Capers left he redeemed himself (a little bit) by signing Eric Moulds and helped sign better coaches.

And by picking Reggie...wait...never mind :rolleyes:

DominickDavisFan76
07-01-2006, 02:26 PM

U think we shoulda gone with reggie?

TexanFan881
07-01-2006, 02:52 PM
U think we shoulda gone with reggie?

I do, but I'm fine with Mario now also, and both will turn out to be great players.

Hulk75
07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I personaly think things happen for a reason................So I guess bad luck if you want to call it that.

Hulk75
07-01-2006, 03:47 PM
YEA he sucks and were all going to see it this year right:sleep:?

The worst QB in the NFL:sleep:.

TexanSam
07-01-2006, 05:32 PM
There should be a "Combination of everything" option

mancunian
07-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I personaly think things happen for a reason................So I guess bad luck if you want to call it that.

If our season wasn't so bad last year we'd still have Capers as Coach.

Hulk75
07-01-2006, 10:09 PM
If our season wasn't so bad last year we'd still have Capers as Coach.
And thats right on with what think.:cool:

Ihategeeks
07-01-2006, 10:35 PM
The players.

Always.

swtbound07
07-02-2006, 12:10 AM
why do u blame carr for the teams dissapointing season???? u can't espect much from him when he only has like 1.3 sec to pass the ball b4 he gets sacked.....

I dont expect much from him anyway. He is a miserable quarterback, and the team wont advance until he is gone.

wicked_wayz
07-02-2006, 12:24 AM
I dont expect much from him anyway. He is a miserable quarterback, and the team wont advance until he is gone.

still i totally disagree, carr is a good QB and with KB to guide him along i just can't wait to see how he plays.....

LORK 88
07-02-2006, 01:36 AM
If your going to throw Carr under the bus for having a bad year, then you might as well blame the rest of the team because everyone had a subpar year . . .

DocBar
07-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Put down the ESPN Draft Analysis and step away from the keyboard!!!
I gotta go with Capers. I'm not sure of the division of powers in the draft/FA areas of the team. Did Capers hold a gun to CC's head? Did CC have absolute authority or did he get the guys Capers said he wanted? All indicators from the new staff point to poor coaching, so....
Maybe some of you guys can answer a question. Since this new staff has taken over, they seem really happy with most of the players and are pretty open (and un-PC) about it. Is that normal? Seems like I remember incoming coaches being rather PC about their predecessors and not being critical towards them at all.

Corrosion
07-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Simply put they are an expansion team . Typically expansion teams are bad for a few years , sometimes a decade or more before they put all the pieces together .

These teams not only lack talent in their starters but have very little depth and the depth they do have tends to be inferior.

Add in the fact the Texans had a poor offensive scheme and their defensive scheme needed rocket scientists instead of football players and what you get is a consistantly sub .500 record.

It takes time to build a winner , have a little patience .

bigbrewster2000
07-02-2006, 06:39 AM
You are such a hater.

bigbrewster2000
07-02-2006, 06:44 AM
And you are a miserable fan apparently. The reason I say that is that you never seem to have anything good to say about anyone on this site.

the wonger need food
07-02-2006, 09:00 AM

Carr has been a disaster and complete failure so far, but he's not solely to blame. A majority of the downfall should be blamed on an incompetent coaching staff, however, everyone in the organization had a hand in this train wreck.

TK_Gamer
07-03-2006, 06:04 AM
i can trace a large part of the problem to coaching, mainly they screwed up from day 1 and took a beat up tony bosseli as there first expansion pick. then after they knew they messed up they tried to patcth and paste an o-line together for the next 3 years never taking our weakest link seriously enough, thats my oppinion of how the downfall began, alot of bad coaching afterward just made it worse.

infantrycak
07-03-2006, 07:59 AM
mainly they screwed up from day 1 and took a beat up tony bosseli as there first expansion pick.

Two points on Bosselli. First, the injury suffered in Jax didn't keep Bosselli from playing for the Texans--a botched operation by the Jax Dr. did. Tony injured one shoulder and the Jax Dr. decided to go into the other shoulder (which had not been keeping him from playing) as well to "clean" things up. That shoulder became the one which kept him from returning to the game. Second, the Texans' medical review was not the only one which gave Bosselli an OK. Both Bosselli and Willie Roaf were tendered for the expansion draft. The NFL had them checked out and OK'd Bosselli but required New Orleans to withdraw Roaf for medical concerns. Roaf was then traded for a conditional 4th to KC. He then went on to three more pro-bowls and three straight years without missing a game.

TwinSisters
07-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Roaf did finally fall apart last year.

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2002/02/16/ben_tackle_roaf_to.html

Roaf said Saints officials have given his agent, Peter Schaffer, permission to approach other teams about a trade. He is on the expansion list for the Houston Texans, who will make their picks Monday, but the Texans say they won't choose players over 30, and Roaf is two weeks shy of his 32nd birthday.

I thought this was the reason we never took Roaf? Was it really NFL doctors?

Roaf and Boselli on the same line for 4 years... Carr would be in the Hall of Fame.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
07-03-2006, 08:55 AM

And if the "team" does advance... that would make you what?

1) happy

2) sad

3) chicken little???

:spy:

infantrycak
07-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Roaf did finally fall apart last year.

Three years of pro-bowl play would have been better than none. Didn't Roaf get rolled up on a borderline illegal of illegal play?

I thought this was the reason we never took Roaf? Was it really NFL doctors?

Roaf and Boselli on the same line for 4 years... Carr would be in the Hall of Fame.

We'll never know what the Texans would have done if both had been available--I suspect Boselli would still have been their 1st choice but there would have been no reason they couldn't have taken both. I don't know about Hall of Fame, but the great IF's of the Texans has to be what if they had taken Roaf and what if they had taken both and they had stayed healthy. Aaron Glenn was born 7/72 so he was 30 when they took him.

METAIRIE, La. (Feb. 7, 2002) -- The New Orleans Saints were forced to withdraw Willie Roaf, who is coming off major knee surgery, from the NFL expansion draft list after the seven-time Pro Bowl tackle failed to pass a physical.

The physical was administered by an independent doctor approved by the NFL who concluded that Roaf would not be ready to play by June 1, the mandatory date outlined by league officials for players eligible in the expansion draft.

The 31-year-old Roaf has five years left on a six-year contract.

A nine-year veteran, Roaf had missed only four of a possible 128 games in his career before the surgery.

Link (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/4972496)

Kaiser Toro
07-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Whoever recieved a check fom the Texans shoulders some of the blame in my opinion.

TwinSisters
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Three years of pro-bowl play would have been better than none. Didn't Roaf get rolled up on a borderline illegal of illegal play?

Okay yeah I forgot what I was thinking about. We still could have snagged him because he wasn't going to play for the Saints again. ( character issues/age I think hurt his chances of joining us more then the expansion draft )

I don't remember anything about Roaf from last year. The Chiefs are cool enough to leave a history of their injury reports on their site though. He had some ankle damage in preseason, then a hamstring injury after the 1st or 2nd game in the season ( Jets or Raiders... not the Broncos LOL ).
---

I am obviously giving PROOF that Carr would have already been in the HOF yesterday... so just wrap your lips around the goat nipples and play along? Okay? It's not much of a party unless you are running around half-naked, spinning in delight with madness and insanity.

---

I have been looking at the Dolphins, Bengals, and Cowboys for the past week or so... all three teams have a legit shot at seeing a Lombardi this season and had one last season. All three teams were in pathetic shape in 2002.

Really the only key difference in the Bengals offense and our own are two veteran OL. The rest of their core was picked up after the 2001 draft. Rudi, Chad, TJ... One good tackle, one good center.. that's the only vets they used to build their offense.

McNair gets first blame for buying into Casserly. Casserly looks like the biggest problem and should shoulder the bulk of blame for this 4 year Circ' Du Le Bumbling.

BradK10
07-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Capers, period

HOU-TEX
07-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Okay yeah I forgot what I was thinking about. We still could have snagged him because he wasn't going to play for the Saints again. ( character issues/age I think hurt his chances of joining us more then the expansion draft )

I don't remember anything about Roaf from last year. The Chiefs are cool enough to leave a history of their injury reports on their site though. He had some ankle damage in preseason, then a hamstring injury after the 1st or 2nd game in the season ( Jets or Raiders... not the Broncos LOL ).
---

I am obviously giving PROOF that Carr would have already been in the HOF yesterday... so just wrap your lips around the goat nipples and play along? Okay? It's not much of a party unless you are running around half-naked, spinning in delight with madness and insanity.
---

I have been looking at the Dolphins, Bengals, and Cowboys for the past week or so... all three teams have a legit shot at seeing a Lombardi this season and had one last season. All three teams were in pathetic shape in 2002.

Really the only key difference in the Bengals offense and our own are two veteran OL. The rest of their core was picked up after the 2001 draft. Rudi, Chad, TJ... One good tackle, one good center.. that's the only vets they used to build their offense.

McNair gets first blame for buying into Casserly. Casserly looks like the biggest problem and should shoulder the bulk of blame for this 4 year Circ' Du Le Bumbling.

What the H---???:um:

TwinSisters
07-03-2006, 11:21 AM
What the H---???:um:

It's just a joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_(mythology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circus_of_Dr._Lao

maybe a bit too much Dennis Miller, but then I digress.

EDIT: I was replying to Mr.Infantrycak. Also I guess I should point out that my all-time favourite thread on houstontexans.com fan_zone is the "Proof" subject. ( not for behind it is the 'blank depth chart'... Hall of Fame moments for sure. I must've clicked on that depth chart like 6 or 7 times before I figured out that I am in fact looking at a blank depth chart and no there was not anything wrong with my browser, host, ISP, or Microsoft )

HOU-TEX
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
It's just a joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_(mythology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circus_of_Dr._Lao

maybe a bit too much Dennis Miller, but then I digress.

LOL, Gotcha

TK_Gamer
07-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Two points on Bosselli. First, the injury suffered in Jax didn't keep Bosselli from playing for the Texans--a botched operation by the Jax Dr. did. Tony injured one shoulder and the Jax Dr. decided to go into the other shoulder (which had not been keeping him from playing) as well to "clean" things up. That shoulder became the one which kept him from returning to the game. Second, the Texans' medical review was not the only one which gave Bosselli an OK. Both Bosselli and Willie Roaf were tendered for the expansion draft. The NFL had them checked out and OK'd Bosselli but required New Orleans to withdraw Roaf for medical concerns. Roaf was then traded for a conditional 4th to KC. He then went on to three more pro-bowls and three straight years without missing a game.

thats all good, now how does that let them off the hook for never seriously addressing the offensive line woes? so you swiftly defend their decision to take boselli but why did we patch and glue a line together by picking up 2nd and third string has beens for the next 3 yrs? pitts proved he wasnt strong enough nor quick enough to start at LT, tried like every combination of weak players we had with verry predictable results. seth wand was just luck that they got a guy with actual potential at such a low draft spot. come to think of it they never did try weary at tackle did they?, maybe that woulda worked.

Kaiser Toro
07-03-2006, 12:45 PM
thats all good, now how does that let them off the hook for never seriously addressing the offensive line woes? so you swiftly defend their decision to take boselli but why did we patch and glue a line together by picking up 2nd and third string has beens for the next 3 yrs? pitts proved he wasnt strong enough nor quick enough to start at LT, tried like every combination of weak players we had with verry predictable results. seth wand was just luck that they got a guy with actual potential at such a low draft spot. come to think of it they never did try weary at tackle did they?, maybe that woulda worked.

Pitts was drafted as a G and extended as a G. Going to LT was the issue in my opinion and stunted the growth of two players, Pitts/Wand and maybe more such as Carr.

Wand was the 11th pick the 3rd round, I would not classify that as a low pick being at the top of the third round.

Shamrock
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Who do you blame for the Texans Woes since they been in the League?
Who do you blame for the Saints Woes since they been in the League?

TheCD
07-04-2006, 06:05 PM
If Capers had been the GM, it would have clearly been his fault. However, since we've obviously had woes with our Offensive Line, and since it's really not been addressed that much and has consistently been a problem.

A GM can get all the talent in the world, but without a decent coaching staff, the talent will not flourish.

And...

You can have the greatest coach in the world, but without a core of talent to work with, he will consistently lose (You can't tell me he won't...this is the NFL and there are too many great players to counter-act great coaching with extremely poor talent).

The blame has to be placed equally on Casserly and Capers.

Eagles78
07-04-2006, 07:07 PM
As a Saints fan, you should not be saying anything about Franchise woes. Your franchise has one more playoff win in its 50 years or whatever of existence vs the Texans 4 years