PDA

View Full Version : Who could gain or lose the most in camp?

humbleone
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks to unprecedented player competition at several positions, new coaches and a new direction...training camp this year will be very interesting to follow IMO.

Who are the players that could gain the most with a great camp and who could lose the most with a poor one? :stirpot:

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Carr should benefit from a good camp. If he improves the O should be right there with him.:twocents:

TJ would probably be bordeline out the door if he has a bad camp.

rafterticket
06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Jerome Mathis, by not being there, could lose more than anyone else on the team. What if some guys like Morgan or Armstrong really come with it? You got Jerome with a bad foot, and a coaching/learning problem (going by the board).

Pro Bowl or not, it was a very bad time to get injured. Don't get me wrong, either - he was the highlight of last season, and I wish him well.

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Jerome Mathis, by not being there, could lose more than anyone else on the team. What if some guys like Morgan or Armstrong really come with it? You got Jerome with a bad foot, and a coaching/learning problem (going by the board).

Pro Bowl or not, it was a very bad time to get injured. Don't get me wrong, either - he was the highlight of last season, and I wish him well.

Good point, but I think he'll get his chance when he get's heathy. Just think what he could do if he matured some.:drool:

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
The coaches most diffently have the most to lose.The players are young,dumb and can get over mistakes.If the staff don't get things rolling they could lose the team and there job.:whip:

Hardcore Texan
06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
The coaches most diffently have the most to lose.The players are young,dumb and can get over mistakes.If the staff don't get things rolling they could lose the team and there job.:whip:

Wow, try to choke down the optimism a bit. :sarcasm:

My answer is the O Line, if they come together as a cohesive unit we should have a lot success on offense. To single out players, I say PBUC needs to step up and produce, he will be given the opportunity to win the starting job at CB over Petey. And I would love to see Morency shine, Walter and Armstrong battling for the #3 spot should be interesting.

nunusguy
06-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I dunno....but the word is that Mathis originally injured his foot while in Honolulu for the PB, and also while in Oahu he managed to get on to that games AFC coaches shi& list. That would be Kubiaks former HC Mike Shanahan, who perhaps gave Kubiak a copy of that list.
Then the knucklehead has the accident on his bike, forcing him to be laid up long enough to miss a chance to compete in TC for the #3 WR slot.
So he's not exactly making a good initial impression with the new coach.
And not to long ago, we all thought the x-GM came up with a real find in the
second day of last years Draft.

MorKnolle
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Carr should benefit from a good camp. If he improves the O should be right there with him.:twocents:

TJ would probably be bordeline out the door if he has a bad camp.

I agree here, if TJ has a strong camp then he'll be back on 2nd string and pushing for decent playing time, if he sucks it up then he could get the boot. I think some of the OLinemen also have a decent amount to gain/lose, as Wand and Wiegert will need a decent showing to stay in front of Spencer and Winston respectively. Domanick Davis also needs to show that he is finally over his injury (hopefully) and that he is the man for us in the running game, otherwise he could easily be overtaken by Morency and Lundy/Smith/Taylor and find himself on the outside looking in as well. Hopefully Buchanon will pull his head out of his ass sometime in there too and become a decent CB for us.

AFD1717
06-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Bennie Joppru could help himself quite a bit if he shows the ability we were told he had. Of course, a good camp for him would be sustaining an injury that only keeps him out for HALF of the season.

HeartofHouston
06-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Who has the most to lose from TC?:

Kaliee Wong
(Coming off a bad injury that kept him out for quite a number of games last season, We now have added Sam Cowart and DeMeco Ryans but capable of starting for our team. If if Wong doesn't show up big time in camp he could be on his way to the bench or out the door.)

Domanick Davis
(Coming off an injury is never easy especially when you have a long injury history sheet. And with Kube's scheme he can turn any RB into a 1200 yrd rusher *see: Orlandis Gary*, and we have an abunance of RBs that could come in and produce. Lundry, Smith, Taylor and Morency. If Davis doesnt come on strong and show that he come back from this injury then we could be seeing a trade in the near future..)

Bennie Joppru
(After being injuried for like 3 years straight or something of that nature, cant quite remember, he definetly has to show something major come TC, Putzier is no slouch, hape is no slotch and Daniels made his living being a good target for the QB so any of these guys come push Joppru out the door..)

Travis Johnson
(as much as i like this guy and as much potential as I believe that he has, he's having trouble picking up the defense for whatever reason and with RoBear, Payne and Weaver on the roster at the same position he could see hisself in big trouble is he doesnt come hard during TC.)

Todd Wade
(With the additions of Ephriam Salaam, Charles Spencer and Eric Winston the Tackle position could be a good fight in this year's TC. With Wade carrying a hefty Salary and not producing as well as he should he could seeing a pink slip if he doesnt take well to the new offensive sysetm.)

----

Who has the most to gain from TC?:

Wali Lundry/Chris Taylor/Ant. Smith
(If Davis continues to struggle to return from his injury and these guys show something special in TC then they could end up starting in his spot and with Kube running the show it's gonna be a good year for them.)

Jason Babin/Antwaan Peek
(Right now there is a nice battle between the two and whoever comes out on top will be starting opposite of Super Mario (according to a Gary Kubiak interview) so good luck to the both of them in TC and may the best man win.)

Shantee Orr/DeMeco Ryans
(Both of these guys are young and will be fighting for a roster spot and with 1 OLB position WIDE open and the ILB position up in the air these guys will be trying to prove their worth in TC. )

Demarcus Faggins /Lewis Sanders
(If these guys step their game up in TC they could easily take PBuc's spot opposite of D-Rob)

MorKnolle
07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Who has the most to lose from TC?:

Kaliee Wong
(Coming off a bad injury that kept him out for quite a number of games last season, We now have added Sam Cowart and DeMeco Ryans but capable of starting for our team. If if Wong doesn't show up big time in camp he could be on his way to the bench or out the door.)

Domanick Davis
(Coming off an injury is never easy especially when you have a long injury history sheet. And with Kube's scheme he can turn any RB into a 1200 yrd rusher *see: Orlandis Gary*, and we have an abunance of RBs that could come in and produce. Lundry, Smith, Taylor and Morency. If Davis doesnt come on strong and show that he come back from this injury then we could be seeing a trade in the near future..)

Bennie Joppru
(After being injuried for like 3 years straight or something of that nature, cant quite remember, he definetly has to show something major come TC, Putzier is no slouch, hape is no slotch and Daniels made his living being a good target for the QB so any of these guys come push Joppru out the door..)

Travis Johnson
(as much as i like this guy and as much potential as I believe that he has, he's having trouble picking up the defense for whatever reason and with RoBear, Payne and Weaver on the roster at the same position he could see hisself in big trouble is he doesnt come hard during TC.)

Todd Wade
(With the additions of Ephriam Salaam, Charles Spencer and Eric Winston the Tackle position could be a good fight in this year's TC. With Wade carrying a hefty Salary and not producing as well as he should he could seeing a pink slip if he doesnt take well to the new offensive sysetm.)

----

Who has the most to gain from TC?:

Wali Lundry/Chris Taylor/Ant. Smith
(If Davis continues to struggle to return from his injury and these guys show something special in TC then they could end up starting in his spot and with Kube running the show it's gonna be a good year for them.)

Jason Babin/Antwaan Peek
(Right now there is a nice battle between the two and whoever comes out on top will be starting opposite of Super Mario (according to a Gary Kubiak interview) so good luck to the both of them in TC and may the best man win.)

Shantee Orr/DeMeco Ryans
(Both of these guys are young and will be fighting for a roster spot and with 1 OLB position WIDE open and the ILB position up in the air these guys will be trying to prove their worth in TC. )

Demarcus Faggins /Lewis Sanders
(If these guys step their game up in TC they could easily take PBuc's spot opposite of D-Rob)

Pretty good, although I'll add that I think Todd Wade is going to be gone regardless, he doesn't fit a proper zone blocking scheme well at all, he's expensive, and we have plenty of better players, I don't know how much of a chance he'll even be given. I'm surprised he's still on the team unless he's still considered hurt and can't be traded/released. Also, Kailee Wong isn't supposed to be ready for training camp, last I heard it sounded like he was expected to miss the beginning part of the regular season, although it did sound like he was a little ahead of schedule on his return, either way I don't think he'll be ready to do much of anything at training camp.

Runner
07-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Pretty good, although I'll add that I think Todd Wade is going to be gone regardless, he doesn't fit a proper zone blocking scheme well at all, he's expensive, and we have plenty of better players, I don't know how much of a chance he'll even be given. I'm surprised he's still on the team unless he's still considered hurt and can't be traded/released.

I thought Wade would have a good chance to catch on with a power blocking team and do fairly well, but I'm starting to wonder if his injury may be a career ender. He doesn't seem to have much of chance for PT with us if he does recover.

AFD1717
07-01-2006, 04:15 PM
I thought Wade would have a good chance to catch on with a power blocking team and do fairly well, but I'm starting to wonder if his injury may be a career ender. He doesn't seem to have much of chance for PT with us if he does recover.

I thought he'd be a good fit for the Cowboys until they signed Fabini.

aj.
07-01-2006, 04:24 PM

They may be forced to keep Wade one more year because of his stupid contract and the possibility they won't have enough room to choke down yet another 6+ million in dead money. I hope that's not the case. Keeping a guy around for that reason when he can't help you on the field doesn't make much sense.

BlueThunder
07-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know where to start:texflag: