PDA

View Full Version : Eric Moulds....opinion of a Bills fan

Moulds Man
06-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi All....I'm brand new to the board. I'm a life long Buffalo Bills fan and Moulds is my favorite player. Just wanted to share a little info with everyone since I saw Moulds up close for 10 years.

This guy is an incredible player. I would not want to be an opposing corner this year...lining up against Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. If I'm David Carr, I'm licking my chops to get started.

Moulds game is based on power, not speed. Yes he is fast but he suffered a bad groin injury in 2003 and he is 33. However, Eric has a lot left in the tank. Throw him a quick slant and look out. This guy is a leader and he will help you immensely. He is from the South and wanted to play closer to home. Believe me, after what he put up with in Buffalo, I cant blame him.

The thing Texans fans will love about Moulds is how hard he works. Moulds is part of the old school..he even played with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. He is not Terrell Owens...he simply got fed up with the constant circus in Buffalo. I wont go into it all but lets just say we had horrible coaching, a QB carousel and a rotten General Manager.

The play i will remember most about Moulds is one he made versus the Ravens a few years back. Drew Bledsoe threw an interception at the goaline and Chris Mcalister was taking it all the way back. Our primma donna RB, Willis Mcgahee..quit on the play and stopped chasing Mcalister at our 20. I was furious at him and my brother in NY saw the same thing. Well veterans dont quit..and from out of nowhere... Eric Moulds ran over 80 yards and tackled Mcalister at the 2 yard line. One of the most incredible efforts I've ever seen...and this guy is a star but he plays like a rookie on special teams.

Best of luck this year. I think you guys are gonna suprise a lot of people. Look for Johnson and Moulds to have big years..and for Carr to arrive as well. I will always be a Buffalo fan but I'm also adopting the Texans as well.

santo
06-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey thanks for the post.

We're expecting big things from from Moulds as well.

How are the Bills doing this year?

I am still a little sore from the AFC championship game back in '93, but I am still cool with the Bills.

Good luck this year...:redtowel:

Kaiser Toro
06-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Really looking to forward to seeing Moulds this year.

Can you speak to his blocking skills at all?

Moulds Man
06-30-2006, 10:02 AM
The Bills are completely rebuilding...which is one of the reasons we let Moulds go. Eric had bad timing, he arrived in Buffalo just as our playoff runs were ending. Yeah that comeback gmae in 93 was amazing. I wasnt at that game but the fans in Buffalo are amazing.

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey thanks a bunch for the insight. I think Carr is chomping at the bit to get started. There was a couple of years when I disliked the Bills when Pud and the Oilers were here but I've gotten over it.:ok: Good luck this season with the Bills. Who's going to QB this year?

Moulds Man
06-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Moulds is an excellent blocker. In fact it's funny you mention that. As Bills fans we hate the Patriots. Go to that Youtube website and put in Eric Moulds. It will show a video from last year against the Pats. Mcgahee was running a sweep and Moulds decleated Teddy Bruschi...one of the most awesome blocks you will ever see.

Kaiser Toro
06-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Moulds is an excellent blocker. In fact it's funny you mention that. As Bills fans we hate the Patriots. Go to that Youtube website and put in Eric Moulds. It will show a video from last year against the Pats. Mcgahee was running a sweep and Moulds decleated Teddy Bruschi...one of the most awesome blocks you will ever see.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing Moulds Man. Appreciate the input.

santo
06-30-2006, 10:09 AM

here's the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUczEwLJ6o

powerfuldragon
06-30-2006, 10:13 AM
here's the link....

OUCH. I'm a fan.

TheOgre
06-30-2006, 10:15 AM
The thing Texans fans will love about Moulds is how hard he works. Moulds is part of the old school..he even played with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. He is not Terrell Owens...he simply got fed up with the constant circus in Buffalo.

The owner of the Texans, Bob McNair, tries hard to avoid players with character issues. He definitely did that with this trade. This may be sacreligious to most Bill's fans, but I think Moulds is better than Andre Reed (was). Also, keep in mind that Reed had the same QB for most of his career, whereas Moulds has been through about 10 different ones.

Welcome to the board Moulds Man.

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 10:16 AM
That hit was just "sick". Outstanding! That's the kind slobber knockers we need more of.:drool: Blindside or not, it was an awsome hit. Thanks for the vid.

Moulds Man
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
It was funny because that was the night Bruschi came back from sitting out because of a stroke. I respect the hell out of the guy. But as usual, ESPN did like 20 segments with Suzy Kolber fawning over Brushci...so when Moulds wiped him out on the play, it brought a sense of normalcy back to the game. It's just football and you better have your head on a swivel.

Hulk75
06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
It was funny because that was the night Bruschi came back from sitting out because of a stroke. I respect the hell out of the guy. But as usual, ESPN did like 20 segments with Suzy Kolber fawning over Brushci...so when Moulds wiped him out on the play, it brought a sense of normalcy back to the game. It's just football and you better have your head on a swivel.
Yea that was nice, but you can see how much respect Moulds has for guys, he could have put his helmet right on his, like some idiots do.

Nice clean Awsome block.

HJam72
06-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Yea that was nice, but you can see how much respect Moulds has for guys, he could have put his helement right on his, like some idiots do.

Nice clean Awsome block.

Lol, I was thinking, "....right on his what?"

Hulk75
06-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Lol, I was thinking, "....right on his what?"
Helmet!:cool:

AFD1717
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
I like Moulds before... but I REALLY like him now.

Hutch13
06-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow! i love this guy. That is a amazing tackle.One of the best by a WR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUczEwLJ6o

Bobo
06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
The owner of the Texans, Bob McNair, tries hard to avoid players with character issues. He definitely did that with this trade. This may be sacreligious to most Bill's fans, but I think Moulds is better than Andre Reed (was). Also, keep in mind that Reed had the same QB for most of his career, whereas Moulds has been through about 10 different ones.

Welcome to the board Moulds Man.

Ha! That's a joke. This is the same guy last year who was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team" when he came off the field and said, "I don't have to do what the head coach says." So, since when is that not a character issue? Time to take off the rose-colored glasses on this one.

powerfuldragon
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow! i love this guy. That is a amazing tackle.One of the best by a WR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUczEwLJ6o
it was already posted earlier in the thread, dude.

Corrosion
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Be vewy quite , I'm :hunter: Teddy's

:club:

That was one hell of a block . The more I see of Moulds the more I like .

If the Texans O-line can reduce their sack total to the low 30's to mid 20's they could have one of the most explosive offenses in the league . I'm expecting a lot out of them this year . 9+ wins isnt out of the question for this team.

DocBar
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Any chance Moulds can do double duty and maybe play LB??? That's the kind of hit that makes LB's and Safeties scared to go across the middle!!!
:hunter: :crutch:

Double Barrel
06-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the board, Moulds Man! And thanks for the insight, too. It's good to hear from fans who know a player well, and by all accounts, we've got a great WR addition to our team.

Hopefully our line finally comes together and Carr has the time to take full advantage of his new weapons. We are all hoping for big things in the years to come (and the sooner the better!).

Hardcore Texan
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
I can't wait to see Moulds in action, how on earth will defenses double team A.J. now? Moulds will make them pay, or Putzier, and AJ in single coverage......candy from a baby. :drool:

Ibar_Harry
06-30-2006, 05:31 PM
My expectations are very high. Much higher than 9 wins as most know. Our receivers are big and strong and can block. In fact our WR's might be better blockers than our TE's right now. That is a bit funny, but there is truth in those words.

Moulds has an even bigger asset though. He knows how get open and he's teaching our receivers that art. AJ should show tremendous improvement in this area this year. Walters from Cincy is also going to benefit from Eric's techniques.

Carr is going to have open people to throw to this year and its going to make a whole lot of difference. Other teams are no longer going to be able to tee off against the offense like they have in the past. Basically, they had to have 11 people watch DD and AJ. That makes the game pretty simple. That will no longer be the case. We can come to the line and explode like a covey of quail. We are going to be a very difficult team to defend this year. Right now DD is our biggest question mark offensively. If he remains healthy we could be a top 5 offensive team this year. If my expectations hold up we are going a long way this year and it will be fun.

Bobo
06-30-2006, 06:43 PM
My expectations are very high. Much higher than 9 wins as most know. Our receivers are big and strong and can block. In fact our WR's might be better blockers than our TE's right now. That is a bit funny, but there is truth in those words.

Moulds has an even bigger asset though. He knows how get open and he's teaching our receivers that art. AJ should show tremendous improvement in this area this year. Walters from Cincy is also going to benefit from Eric's techniques.

Carr is going to have open people to throw to this year and its going to make a whole lot of difference. Other teams are no longer going to be able to tee off against the offense like they have in the past. Basically, they had to have 11 people watch DD and AJ. That makes the game pretty simple. That will no longer be the case. We can come to the line and explode like a covey of quail. We are going to be a very difficult team to defend this year. Right now DD is our biggest question mark offensively. If he remains healthy we could be a top 5 offensive team this year. If my expectations hold up we are going a long way this year and it will be fun.

The unbiased folks in Vegas has the Texans over/under for wins at 5.5. Yes, I would say your expectations are way, way high -- especially from a coach who is as green as his assistant coaching staff and GM.

Bobo
06-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I can't wait to see Moulds in action, how on earth will defenses double team A.J. now? Moulds will make them pay, or Putzier, and AJ in single coverage......candy from a baby. :drool:

And as soon as AJ has a good game, Moulds will pout -- just like he did when Evans caught 3 TDs in a game and he got blanked and ended up walking off the field and sulked, "I don't have to do what the head coach says" and ended up getting suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

DocBar
06-30-2006, 09:53 PM

I hope you are right. As a traveling man, I get all my info from the internet. The Texans just don't seem THAT dangerous, to me, to be a playoff team this year. If the Txans DO make the playoffs this year, I'll kiss your *ss(a la Kenny Smith) and give you an hour to draw a crowd. Will you reciprocate?
:shoot:

texan279
07-01-2006, 12:04 AM
here's the link....

I don't think I have ever even seen one of our offensive linemen make a block like that. :chicken:

TEXANS84
07-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I don't think I have ever even seen one of our offensive linemen make a block like that. :chicken:

Only thing similar is Jason Simmons hit on the Raiders offensive lineman.

Texan in Japan
07-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Moulds Man,

Thanks for a fan's perspective on Eric and the block clip. Both are awesome pieces to what's instore for us in 2006.

I've always admired the way Eric plays the game and believe he'll give us a solid 2-3 years of awesome leadership and play.

Joeymousepad
07-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi All....I'm brand new to the board. I'm a life long Buffalo Bills fan and Moulds is my favorite player. Just wanted to share a little info with everyone since I saw Moulds up close for 10 years.

This guy is an incredible player. I would not want to be an opposing corner this year...lining up against Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. If I'm David Carr, I'm licking my chops to get started.

Moulds game is based on power, not speed. Yes he is fast but he suffered a bad groin injury in 2003 and he is 33. However, Eric has a lot left in the tank. Throw him a quick slant and look out. This guy is a leader and he will help you immensely. He is from the South and wanted to play closer to home. Believe me, after what he put up with in Buffalo, I cant blame him.

The thing Texans fans will love about Moulds is how hard he works. Moulds is part of the old school..he even played with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. He is not Terrell Owens...he simply got fed up with the constant circus in Buffalo. I wont go into it all but lets just say we had horrible coaching, a QB carousel and a rotten General Manager.

The play i will remember most about Moulds is one he made versus the Ravens a few years back. Drew Bledsoe threw an interception at the goaline and Chris Mcalister was taking it all the way back. Our primma donna RB, Willis Mcgahee..quit on the play and stopped chasing Mcalister at our 20. I was furious at him and my brother in NY saw the same thing. Well veterans dont quit..and from out of nowhere... Eric Moulds ran over 80 yards and tackled Mcalister at the 2 yard line. One of the most incredible efforts I've ever seen...and this guy is a star but he plays like a rookie on special teams.

Best of luck this year. I think you guys are gonna suprise a lot of people. Look for Johnson and Moulds to have big years..and for Carr to arrive as well. I will always be a Buffalo fan but I'm also adopting the Texans as well.

All true every 2nd year.

Eric has NEVER had 2 consecutive years of good performance.

He is the yo-yo of NFL WRs.

If you don't believe me, please check his career stats yourself.

Finally, Eric comes with tremendous personal baggage in terms of "character" issues.

I appreciate that as Texans fans we want to ignore the bad aspects of Eric and focus only on the good attributes of Eric, but this individual as a person and as a football player is fundamentally flawed.

Sorry for a little truth or if you prefer, "truthiness".

Joeymousepad
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
The owner of the Texans, Bob McNair, tries hard to avoid players with character issues. He definitely did that with this trade.

You're kidding right?:confused:

Joeymousepad
07-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I've always admired the way Eric plays the game and believe he'll give us a solid 2-3 years of awesome leadership and play.

We might get 2 years of play -- NOT awesome -- but please don't count on Eric for leadership -- awesome or otherwise.