PDA

View Full Version : Should the Texans be Introduced as a Team or Individuals?

HomeBred_Texan
06-30-2006, 08:58 AM
At the beginning of the game, the announcer has always introduced the Texans as individuals. I always thought they should be introduced as a team. What are your thoughts?

Hutch13
06-30-2006, 08:59 AM
i dont really care just as long as the texans win

HomeBred_Texan
06-30-2006, 09:04 AM
i dont really care just as long as the texans win
It takes a team to win, not individuals....

nunusguy
06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
I think the concept of team over the individual played a factor in McNair &
Kubiaks decision with whom they did and didn't select with their first round pick this year.

Texanfan4ever
06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I think the introductions at the beginning of the game are a GREAT tradition. Obviously, we are a whole team, is that even a question? The players announced are changed each week, the coach is announced. I LOVE it!!!!

:yahoo:

Kaiser Toro
06-30-2006, 09:54 AM
I think the introductions at the beginning of the game are a GREAT tradition. Obviously, we are a whole team, is that even a question? The players announced are changed each week, the coach is announced. I LOVE it!!!!

:yahoo:

Agreed. I make sure I am in my seat before the introductions to yell out the names. Yes I even yell out David Carr's name as hard as that is to believe for some.

Txn_in_Oki
06-30-2006, 10:07 AM
I think the whole come out as a team thing is a tad played out. The Pats did it in the Super Bowl and then everyone started doing it. YES we know they are a team. NO you don't need to cram it in our faces. I like hearing the players names and cheering for your guys.

The thing I remember most from going to Astros games as a kid, yelling Jose Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz at the start of the games. They always finish it with the "We present YOUR Houston Texans or Astros or whatever" anyway so whats the big deal.

I know if I played I'd want to hear my name being called.

AFD1717
06-30-2006, 11:05 AM
I see your point, but I think the pre-game intros are just a chance for the fans to cheer and watch the cheerlearders. I don't think there is a lack of team unity or anything, it's just more dramatic to have them run out one by one than it is to say "Your Houston Texans!" and then everybody goes to the sideline.

done88
06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
The introductions are for the fun of the game. They are as much for the fans as the player. As for the team I thing. The offense takes pride when its there ture and the defense takes pride when it's there turn. The thing is the offense and defense don't want to be grouped together. They usually don't like each other. And thats the way it should be.

Doom Capers
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I don't think they should be introduced as a team until they start playing like one.

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Individually. Not only does it pump the players up it pumps the fans up as well. :redtowel:

Hulk75
06-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Players by themselves, what does it matter, the guys know it is a team sport.

thegr8fan
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM
as individuals. How else are we going to be able to get their jersey numbers memorized? :hides:

speaking of the introductions, when we went to the all access event and got to walk through the inflatable helmet that the players run through the first thought I had was how the heck do some of those linemen run through here. I am right at 6', and I had to duck slightly. I couldn't imagine some of our 6'+ linemen with a helmet on trying to get through there.

TexanSam
06-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I think the whole come out as a team thing is a tad played out. The Pats did it in the Super Bowl and then everyone started doing it. YES we know they are a team. NO you don't need to cram it in our faces. I like hearing the players names and cheering for your guys.

I agree. It was really neat when the Patriots did it because it was unexpected, but I think any other time a team does it, it's corny. Baseball, basketball, hockey, they are all intoduced as individuals. Football should also. Yeah, it's a team game (as are all the others) and being introduced as one isn't going to make a difference. I like it when they introduce the players. Good tradition.

BigDTexansFan
06-30-2006, 11:25 PM
At the beginning of the game, the announcer has always introduced the Texans as individuals. I always thought they should be introduced as a team. What are your thoughts?

I like idea of coming out as a team, however NFL fines you if you do that. New England refused to be named individually and paid fine after fine for coming out as "New England Patriots" vs individual names :redtowel:

Texanfan4ever
07-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Agreed. I make sure I am in my seat before the introductions to yell out the names. Yes I even yell out David Carr's name as hard as that is to believe for some.

Kaiser, I am so impressed by that statement! I want a video on here this season when you yell out Carr's name as he comes out.

I knew you had it in you!!!!:wow: :play: Go Texans!!!!!

mike moffat
07-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Introduce them as each player. It does hype each one.
Again, the end result must be a win.

Texans_Chick
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
as individuals. How else are we going to be able to get their jersey numbers memorized? :hides:

speaking of the introductions, when we went to the all access event and got to walk through the inflatable helmet that the players run through the first thought I had was how the heck do some of those linemen run through here. I am right at 6', and I had to duck slightly. I couldn't imagine some of our 6'+ linemen with a helmet on trying to get through there.

I don't know what the deal was with that, but the helmet that was out there is not how it is on game day. I've gone through there on game day, and though it is not terribly spacious in there, it is big enough so that big guys don't need to duck.

I heard rumors that they are getting a new helmety thing.

Wharton
07-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I guess I'm old school, but the whole announcements, smoke and helmet thing really doesn't do much for me. I understand the concept of warming up the crowd, but the crowd will be plenty warm if the Texans win.

Personally, I use that time to check out the cheerleaders.

TheCD
07-01-2006, 01:06 PM
As long as we don't have a T.O. or Moss type of character who has to hog the spolight, I don't see anything wrong with individual introductions.

Yes...we are a team, but there's bunch of guys out there who don't even get to play in a particular game, so why not give them some kind of recognition?

B.Diddy
07-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Just think about running out of a tunnel and haveing the anouncer call your name and the crowd screaming at the top of their lungs most players would want to jump out and make a play right their. We should keep the individual
thing it hypes up the players and fans