PDA

View Full Version : Texans were interested in Jay Fiedler?

Texans34Life
06-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Texans | Team may have been third team with interest in Fiedler
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:59:14 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Houston Texans were thought to be the third team interested in QB Jay Fiedler, before he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thursday, June 29.

:pigfly:

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder why we'd want to do that.

Hulk75
06-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Is it not obvious, Carr sucks..........:sarcasm:

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 10:26 AM

Allrightythen:tease:

fan no matter what
06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
everyone is so hard on david carr. and i will be the first one to admit he hasnt blown anything away in years past, but you have to hope he just hasnt had a chance with such a poor line. i for one am going to stand behind the guy and support him as our starting quarterback. hopefully he has the blow out year we need.:twocents:

Kaiser Toro
06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Fiedler would be a good insurance policy on any team if the price was right.

fan no matter what
06-30-2006, 10:34 AM
yeah i agree,but he is probably looking to go somewhere he feels he can push for the starting position. you think or is he just accepting a no 2 man?

Kaiser Toro
06-30-2006, 10:36 AM
yeah i agree,but he is probably looking to go somewhere he feels he can push for the starting position. you think or is he just accepting a no 2 man?

I would think that you would never want to bring in a guy as such if you try to foster a competitive environment. However, Fiedler is a bright guy and understands that the market will only bear so much cash and/or reponsibility.

fan no matter what
06-30-2006, 10:37 AM
good point
:
it never hurst to have some good competition going on :lightbulb:

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 10:44 AM

He'd have to prove himself first. Until then he'll be a #2 at best.:twocents:

TheOgre
06-30-2006, 11:18 AM

I think that has more to do with The Sage One.

thunderkyss
07-01-2006, 02:27 AM
He'd have to prove himself first. Until then he'll be a #2 at best.:twocents:

That's what he is saying...... but he needs to go to a team where he will have a chance to actually win the starting job...... that's not here in Houston. Here, our back-ups are here to help us win games, until David Comes back from whatever injury...

It's like Brooks, Hasselback, or Brunnells backing up Favre......... they never had a chance of playing, much less starting.

Fiedler needs to go to a team, where the QB isn't a lock..... Oakland, TB, NY, Detroit....... etc...... etc......

swtbound07
07-01-2006, 02:30 AM
That's what he is saying...... but he needs to go to a team where he will have a chance to actually win the starting job...... that's not here in Houston. Here, our back-ups are here to help us win games, until David Comes back from whatever injury...

It's like Brooks, Hasselback, or Brunnells backing up Favre......... they never had a chance of playing, much less starting.

Fiedler needs to go to a team, where the QB isn't a lock..... Oakland, TB, NY, Detroit....... etc...... etc......

I think your wrong about tampa. Simms is a Gruden guy, and as long as he is there the job is pretty locked up.

thunderkyss
07-01-2006, 02:32 AM
I think your wrong about tampa. Simms is a Gruden guy, and as long as he is there the job is pretty locked up.

They signed him to a one year deal...... I thought he earned the starting job, and a multiyear contract........ but no......

BlueThunder
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
The way I see the Texans situation is that it isn't going to hurt to bring in FA QBs when they come avalible.Right now Carr will compete with Rosenthal for the starting job.I'm taking Carr because he's a Johnny Unitas award winner and in one year threw 40 TDs in college ...I just think he is meant to be in a fast pace offense, maybe moving around a lot simular to Plummer.The guy has talent and doing this uses his talent more.The only question is will he still have his accuracy moving.Either way he needs an offense with a faster pace:homer:

AFD1717
07-01-2006, 05:21 PM
The way I see the Texans situation is that it isn't going to hurt to bring in FA QBs when they come avalible.Right now Carr will compete with Rosenthal for the starting job.I'm taking Carr because he's a Johnny Unitas award winner and in one year threw 40 TDs in college ...I just think he is meant to be in a fast pace offense, maybe moving around a lot simular to Plummer.The guy has talent and doing this uses his talent more.The only question is will he still have his accuracy moving.Either way he needs an offense with a faster pace:homer:

I'll give you 8 million more reasons to take Carr if you're interested...

thunderkyss
07-02-2006, 01:20 AM

I honestly don't see the comparisons to Plummer. and while I like Plummer, I think Carr can be a better QB than Jake.

He doesn't need to move around, I think that is part of the problem, he moves around too much....... it might help, if the play is designed to go to the right, and everyone is on the same page. But I think he'll be better off, with a normal pocket, making his reads, and throwing it away if he has to. dumping it off when he can, and picking up whatever yards he can with his little mad dashes.

Now if you said Harrington might benefit from moving around a lot simular to Plummer, I'd agree...... But David...... I really don't think that's his strong suit. With the poor performance we were getting from the line, I would be open to moving the pocket, and definitely some bootlegs, or quick tosses to my RB...

but the first priority this season should have been to fix that oline, so David can do what he does best, not trying to get David to do something he isn't particularly good at. but hey....... maybe it's a system thang with Kubiak & QBs....... who knows??

infantrycak
07-02-2006, 01:40 AM
He doesn't need to move around, I think that is part of the problem, he moves around too much....... it might help, if the play is designed to go to the right, and everyone is on the same page. But I think he'll be better off, with a normal pocket, making his reads, and throwing it away if he has to. dumping it off when he can, and picking up whatever yards he can with his little mad dashes.

There is a HUGE difference between plays designed to move and moving upon a pass rush on a designed drop back pass--Carr has been very effective at the former and ineffective at the latter.

Now if you said Harrington might benefit from moving around a lot simular to Plummer, I'd agree...... But David...... I really don't think that's his strong suit.

Oh....my....god....even folks at the Hellen Keller school are chuckling.

BlueThunder
07-02-2006, 11:28 AM
We really don't know what were going to have as far as protection so it's not going to hurt to wait.I also think Carr has more talent then Plummer.

I was just suggesting moving him around with the pocket!I seen how they were running there offense in Denver and think a lot of what they were doing may work here also.

Fixing the OL is always a priority but changing personial isn't always the answer and don't always solve the problem.Theres a lot you can do to fix a line without changing personial.Some coaches have ways of making bad OL look better then they are by going hurryup,moving the pocket,quick read or all the above.They call it smoke and mirror,,:coolb:

thegr8fan
07-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I thought this thread was about Jay Fiedler?? :confused:

AFD1717
07-02-2006, 04:27 PM
I thought this thread was about Jay Fiedler?? :confused:
All roads lead to the same destination...

TwinSisters
07-02-2006, 04:34 PM
All roads lead to the same destination...

LOL, that is exactly what I was going to say. Well almost exactly... All threads lead to Carr.

HOU-TEX
07-03-2006, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=thunderkyss]I honestly don't see the comparisons to Plummer. and while I like Plummer, I think Carr can be a better QB than Jake.

He doesn't need to move around, I think that is part of the problem, he moves around too much....... it might help, if the play is designed to go to the right,

How many times did we hear something like this last year; "Carr drops back, blitz is on, Carr rolls to his right looking downfield to everybody covered and has to run out of bounds 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage for a sack":crying:

Kaiser Toro
07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
This thread needs to serve as a lesson for those that are Carr supporters and Carr debate haters. The people who seem to want to make this a Carr thread in my opinion are not the Carr critics.

I recommend you stop perpetuating want you do not not want to read.