PDA

View Full Version : The Plan!

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Heres the plan I think will get this team there..
ST is the key to reaching our goals.

We have to force teams in to playing on a long field.
We need to play a soft defense and keep the ball in front of use.
We need to force teams to self destruct by long drives.
We need to run a ball control offense and stay out of long situations.
We have to Limit turnovers.
We have to find out what we can do that is consistant and get good at it.
Were not going to spot every team but we can force them into running a long consistant offense to score points.
We need some of these blue chip LBer, DL and SEC to create opportunity for the offense.
We have to start playing like the team we are.

Note Confidence is knowledge and that is where were weakest.We need to go back and teach this team how to read and study film.

That is the key for this team and if we follow those rules it's going to take one he77 of a team to beat us.

11 and 5 :trophy: This is our year and if you want it,you can get it!:lightbulb:

TexanFan881
06-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I've got a simpler plan: Win :party:

HJam72
06-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Here's my plan:

Defense: Mario in the backfield, Mario in the backfield, Mario in the backfield, punt.

Offense: long drive, probably score.

If !score, then:
While, other team has ball:
Mario = Safety
Return ball to Texans.

Repeat, repeat, repeat, etc.

If Texans' score > Opponent's score,
then Return 0;

If Texan's score <= Opponent's score,
then Gosub QB;

Gosub QB()
Fire David Carr;
return NewQB;

Return 0;

TexanFan881
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
All we have to do is execute

TEXANS84
06-29-2006, 09:54 PM
The exact opposite of this:
http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photogallery/Season/2005-10-30-Cleveland-Houston/Fans/DSC_0480.JPG

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Yal that what this other guys said too:whip:

Come on guys its the 6 inches in front of us:logo: :trophy:

Lets focus on the division!:mario:

TexansSeminole
06-29-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photogallery/Season/2005-10-30-Cleveland-Houston/Fans/DSC_0480.JPG
haha funny picture.

HJam72
06-29-2006, 09:59 PM

Hey, no wonder we lost so much. That guy was tellin' the other team what we were gonna do! :thumbdown

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I will say this once and thats that it the coaches job to know and no mater what you think you know theres a coach out there looking at you and will try to beat you to keep his job.:shoot:

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
How was your vacation:whip:

:logo: :trophy:

Is it just me or does that bull have a twinkle in his eyes..I'm going be with you guys when the smoke clears..texanpride

This is all on the coaches,,,,,,Da/mn Kub,we have us an NFL football team?

AFD1717
06-29-2006, 11:23 PM
My plan invovles building a giant mountain in the middle of Houston that is approximately 1 mile above sea level and then putting our stadium on top of it...

ensign_lee
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Did nobody else find that programming language funny? :)

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Ain't no reason to build another stadium...All we have left to do is go get the lombardi
:logo: :trophy:

ensign_lee
06-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Hjam: that was really funny. :)

TexansTrueFan
06-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Go Texans !!!!!

come on texans *******ing score

Dont let them sack carr no more

score a td, throw a pass

mario put a wipping on mannings A**

come on kub call a play

dont let the play clock delay

suck the life outta the colts and the AfC Souths soul

and in 2007 we'll win the SUPER BOWL

But i have only one wish texans, do it our i'll be REALLY sad

Beat the S**t outta the cowboys,,,beat em bad !!!

By TexansTrueFan

Bobo
06-30-2006, 12:22 AM

Were not going to spot every team but we can force them into running a long consistant offense to score points.
We need some of these blue chip LBer, DL and SEC to create opportunity for the offense.

You forgot to say "We have to score more points than the other team."

HJam72
06-30-2006, 12:30 AM
I think this whole thread is pretty funny. :)

Corrosion
06-30-2006, 02:12 AM

Note Confidence is knowledge and that is where were weakest.We need to go back and teach this team how to read and study film.

That is the key for this team and if we follow those rules it's going to take one he77 of a team to beat us.

11 and 5 :trophy: This is our year and if you want it,you can get it!:lightbulb:

Dom work for the Dolphins now .

Ive seen enough soft defenses that allow teams to pick up 4-5 yards a play on 1st down .

Forcing teams to play a long field is a good theory .... But they have to Stop teams in the red zone or force some turn overs .

Gah ball control offense , DD off left tackle , DD off left tackle , 3rd and 6 Carr drops back and the DL tee's off again . I want less predictability . More play action , more use of the TE's and recievers who pay attention . I want to see the WR's come back to the QB once he's under pressure to give him a target , Not just watch him get pummeled . (HUGE problem last season)

I also want to see Carr play with some fire .... Show me you are pissed off when someone dropps a pass or you take a sack because of a blown assignment .... Show me you WANT to Win :stirpot:

As for the defense , I want to see them ATTACK . No more LB's making the stop 5 yards down field on runs up the middle . I want to see the DL ATTACK the QB on pass plays , The CB's will have much less time to cover a reciever and much less chance of getting beat deep .... And if they do get beat deep atleast they got beat by trying to smash the opposing QB into the turf . Next time he has something to consider .

Dom , Enjoy your stay with the Fish :ok:

TwinSisters
06-30-2006, 04:18 AM
My plan invovles building a giant mountain in the middle of Houston that is approximately 1 mile above sea level and then putting our stadium on top of it...

Ahhh.... * scratching chin *... yes. Yes. * making finger tent *

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I think the coaches have there work cut out for them.They are installing 2 new systems and don't have very much film to evaulate with.Not only that but they have mix and matched staff there tring to install these systems with.I'm not saying it can't be done but its going to be harder then installing a whole new staff that doesn't have feeling for there own players and system.Even with a complete staff its going to take great coachs working there azzes off to get it installed up and running correctly by the end of the preseason...

I know it ain't fare and life usually isn't but all the pressure is on this coaching staff.:whip:

11 AND 5 NO MERCY!

BlueThunder
07-03-2006, 11:49 AM
]']I got a plan! Kick eagle ass come nov 9! :spy:

I thought we played the Eagles Sept 10:crazy:

El Tejano
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't know about yall but the original post here kind of sounded like Dom Capers philosophy. Soft defense and force others to go on long drives.

Corrosion
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
I don't know about yall but the original post here kind of sounded like Dom Capers philosophy. Soft defense and force others to go on long drives.

You arent the only one who thought that , I posted this earlier in the thread .... Didnt get much of a reply .

Dom you work for the Dolphins now .

Ive seen enough soft defenses that allow teams to pick up 4-5 yards a play on 1st down .

Forcing teams to play a long field is a good theory .... But they have to Stop teams in the red zone or force some turn overs .

Gah ball control offense , DD off left tackle , DD off left tackle , 3rd and 6 Carr drops back and the DL tee's off again . I want less predictability . More play action , more use of the TE's and recievers who pay attention . I want to see the WR's come back to the QB once he's under pressure to give him a target , Not just watch him get pummeled . (HUGE problem last season)

I also want to see Carr play with some fire .... Show me you are pissed off when someone dropps a pass or you take a sack because of a blown assignment .... Show me you WANT to Win :stirpot:

As for the defense , I want to see them ATTACK . No more LB's making the stop 5 yards down field on runs up the middle . I want to see the DL ATTACK the QB on pass plays , The CB's will have much less time to cover a reciever and much less chance of getting beat deep .... And if they do get beat deep atleast they got beat by trying to smash the opposing QB into the turf . Next time he has something to consider .

Dom , Enjoy your stay with the Fish :ok:

NATHANHALE
07-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I think this whole thread is pretty funny. :)

...don't look now, but he's already posted another thread just like it!!!...go figure!

BlueThunder
07-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Saying it and doing it are 2 different things...

NATHANHALE
07-03-2006, 11:36 PM
IMO, your plan is too dependent on things that can't always be controlled, like all the things you want to force. I also don't understand why you want to let their team take 'long' drives to score, instead of just stopping them and getting the ball back. Too, long drives by the other team lets them control the ball/game/clock/tempo. As another poster stated, this sounds like a Caper's plan because it is based on playing every team the same way. We need to play one game at a time and do whatever it takes to beat that team that week. Capers was a horrible game planner and even worse at making adjustments to the game plan, playing every team virtually the same way each week. You need to get away from all your 'concrete' ideas. We need to be flexible and stay away from Caper's:brickwall style of play.

BlueThunder
07-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm not going to get in an argument with you over stratogy.All i'm saying is the more we force them to drive the ball the more chances we have of stopping them before they score or the more chance they have of self destructing..

I didn't say we could let Manning sit back in the pocket.I didn't say let them control the clock.What I said is play a more sound defense,don't run a Russian Roulette system and give away huge scoring plays..

This is the plan I would use......I would use blitzs but I would disquise them and shift coverages to compensate..I would also get linemen involved in zone coverage(drop a linemen in zone and send Peak as an Elephant) and use sound coaching and hope my front 4 can give us most of the pressure we need.

I would not go running all out blitz every time team gets to a 3rd down.Now, if we have to blitz every series just to stop a team then thats what we'll have to do but my theory is to umbrella coverage and go head to head.Smoke and mirror works for a while but when you hit the playoffs that stuff has a way of stopping teams and revailing the truth and weakness..

As for playing a soft defense i'm not saying prevent defense.What i'm getting at is play a down and distance defense....Know where the yard stick is and give them the short stuff forcing them into making plays after the catch to move the chain..That forces them to not only make one play for a first down they have to make 2,the catch and the run..

As for the Defense being on the field,thats ok with me as long as noone is coming away with points..That would really be a good situation to be in because the defense would get quality time on the field and we would eventually get better at shutting teams down sooner...All teams have tendencies as to what they like to do where on the field.These players will learn how to stop teams and if we get help from our offense it will all balance out.

The whole reason for switching to the 43 is get pressure and free the LBers...

AFD1717
07-04-2006, 05:11 PM
The whole reason for switching to the 43 is get pressure and free the LBers...

I thought the whole point of the 3-4 was to use your extra LBs to blitz the QB while your d-linemen occupied blockers to free them up.

MorKnolle
07-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I thought the whole point of the 3-4 was to use your extra LBs to blitz the QB while your d-linemen occupied blockers to free them up.

Unless your coordinator is Vic Fangio, then you drop them into a lousy cover 2.

BlueThunder
07-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I think determining weither the 43 switch was a success will have a lot to do with the type of pressure and contain we can get from the front 4.

I think the biggest problem with the switch is finding LBers that can play in man coverage and space.The question is also going to be how well we addressed it in the draft...

DE is important but I feel most 34 teams,if they can find atleast one solid DE they can compensate to the weak side by a solid rotation of undersized tweeners.

There really isn't any excuse why the switch wouldn't be successful if you address the position with proven players.Beside,anything will be better then a team ranked 32 in the other system..You may not find all the best players but you should be able to aquire enough to manage with good coaching...

The worse thing that could happen is to ditch it and try to go back to the old system.Once you decide you have to stay with it..I think it would not only be bad but a stupid suggestion!

If MLB is there only problem then we are in great shape.Dat Nguyen is out there and knows the system but i'm not sure he's in good enough shape to help..That is an option concidering he was a coach on the field in Dallas..He's also one of them Aggies.