PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated NFL Owner rankings

TexanSam
06-29-2006, 08:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/06/29/open.mike/index.html

Bob McNair is ranked 7th.

Bobo
06-29-2006, 08:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/06/29/open.mike/index.html

Bob McNair is ranked 7th.

Jerry Jones is #2. Nuff said about THOSE rankings.

aj.
06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Silver could not have been more on-the-mark in his assessment of Bud Adams. Scary.

TexansSeminole
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
good find. Thanks.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 10:36 PM
I rank Bobby McNair #32 right with the rest of us...Were not drinking any of the saltpeter koolaid these guy are feeding us..Were one for all and all for one..We are looking for the latter to get out of this he77 and change is coming:shoot:

:logo: :trophy:

There ain't no way Bobby is going up without his team so you idiots better find some more ink,,because theres a lot invested and the top is the only goal.This man is love of football and he deserves a team........If you want to put Bobby at #7 that you better have enough ink to get the rest of us up there..Cause he brought football back to Houston and he just wouldn't be happy without BRINGING THE LOMBARDI TO this strong supporting houston fan base..

Brandon420tx
06-29-2006, 10:59 PM
I rank Bobby McNair #32 right with the rest of us...Were not drinking any of the saltpeter koolaid these guy are feeding us..Were one for all and all for one..We are looking for the latter to get out of this he77 and change is coming:shoot:

:logo: :trophy:

There ain't no way Bobby is going up without his team so you idiots better find some more ink,,because theres a lot invested and the top is the only goal.This man is love of football and he deserves a team........If you want to put Bobby at #7 that you better have enough ink to get the rest of us up there..Cause brought football back to houston and he just wouldn't be happy without putting a steam on the apple for this strong supporting fan base..
Eh, I'm confused by your post... are you supporting Bob McNairs top 10 rating or dissapproving it because of last season?

Hutch13
06-30-2006, 04:26 AM
its kind of nice to see the texans in the top 10 :)

nunusguy
06-30-2006, 09:05 AM
I personally think we're all very fortunate to have McNair as the Texans owner. But it's all about the W-L record ultimately, and therefor consider
a national publication ranking McNair in the top 25 percentile after last years disastrous season somewhat charitable of SI.

HoustonFan
06-30-2006, 09:08 AM
I hope the team moves up in the rankings as well.. 8-8 this season would be a huge improvement IMO. Go Texans, and good for you McNair.

srstex
06-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Actually as an owner Bob hired the right people at the time. I did not like Capers play calling, but he had experience at building a team, and Casserly was the most respected GM in the NFL. Results say these two statements are false, but hindsite is always 20/20.
The Texans make money, and for an owner that is the goal, and if this new coaching regime wakes up the players and we win, then national coverage will throw even more piles of money at Bob. Is he a good owner? Yes, he makes money, he let's football people make the football decisions, and when it started to go south he called for help ( Dan Reeves ).
Man I love Football.

There are only two seasons in this world, football season & the off season.
BBQ season doesn't count because in Houston that's year round.

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
I actually like our owner too. He not only brought a team back to Houston, but he allows the fans to interact with the team. Did ole Bud do any of this? Yea, right! I remember the first year he basically said he was going to do whatever it takes to have a winning team. 5 years later and I believe he's still trying to do so. He gave Capers ample time to win and he didn't. He then brings in a new staff which he'll surely give at least the same amount of time to win. I don't think it's about money with him, he wants to win. I like him, this city and the Texans. IMO, he should be even higher than 7. Maybe next year when the team is right there with him.:yahoo:

BigDTexansFan
06-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I personally think we're all very fortunate to have McNair as the Texans owner. But it's all about the W-L record ultimately, and therefor consider
a national publication ranking McNair in the top 25 percentile after last years disastrous season somewhat charitable of SI.

Jerry Jones 2nd....ROFLMAO, at taking what was a winning franchise and turning into compost. Hiring a head coach from 2 assistants by flipping a coin, holding onto players well past their prime. then announcing to world "10-6 AND A SUPER BOWL"...god I gotta stop can hardly breathe laughing so hard.

Silver I know you are obviously addicted to some medication that is not good for you, in words of Nancy Reagan...Silver "JUST SAY NO!!!!":twocents: