PDA

View Full Version : Our past FA sessions (Minus Expansion year and this previous offseason)

Brandon420tx
06-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Give your opinions on our previous Free Agency success (Or lack of)

Off the top of my head the only people I can think of that had an impact on us that we got from free agency (Before this year) are Greenwood (Who I don't especially like for this team) and Victor Riley and we all know how he turned out for us.

AFD1717
06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I like Robaire Smith. He's been pretty good and should have a large role in our defense next year. Zach Wiegert has also been good when he's been healthy. Unfortunately, even when he's been healthy enough to play he hasn't been 100%. I do think he can play well enough this year to keep us from having to throw Winston straight into the fire and he can provide good depth next year. I met him at the Lombardi Awards banquet years ago and he's a pretty nice guy (not that that matters).

Brandon420tx
06-29-2006, 11:34 AM
I like Robaire Smith. He's been pretty good and should have a large role in our defense next year. Zach Wiegert has also been good when he's been healthy. Unfortunately, even when he's been healthy enough to play he hasn't been 100%. I do think he can play well enough this year to keep us from having to throw Winston straight into the fire and he can provide good depth next year. I met him at the Lombardi Awards banquet years ago and he's a pretty nice guy (not that that matters).
With all the talk about our lines lately I've seemed to forgotten those 2 guys a little.:homer: = me

MorKnolle
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM

I like Robaire but I don't think he was a particularly good pickup at the time considering we were running a 3-4 scheme back then, he's much better suited for a 4-3 DT rather than a 3-4 NT or DE.

AggieTexanFan
06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I don't think the Capers era knew what free agents were. It seems that our team was just built on sometimes questionable draft picks