PDA

View Full Version : what plays would you call?

jmerog
06-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Okay, i ts the off season and we are all bored and hungry for some football. Since we have exhausted the carr topics, lets talk about something a little more fun.

If you were calling plays and you had confidence in your players-what plays would you call- be specific.

I would like to see a lot of 3 reciever sets with an option to run. rb could be the 4th reciever.

come on, you offensive gurus out there. show us what you've got.

HJam72
06-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I just want to see TEs catching the ball and receivers that don't drop it. We need to see more of that. I'm sure we will.

edo783
06-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I think the quickout to the WR is a sure winner.

jmerog
06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
HAHA Good one, Edo.

BlueThunder
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I want to see Anthony Johnson run the s-snake post out of the backfield like T.O did in Philly..:stirpot:

Runner
06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
I think the quickout to the WR is a sure winner.

That might be a problem - I don't think they ran that play in OTAs or minicamp. Maybe they are saving that for the closed training camp sessions. :)

BlueThunder
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
I like the bootleg play Coslet ran where the OL bootlegs on a 2 te and the primary TE fall down acting like he muffed but in all reality he is really running a combination fade route for a game winning TD..I didn't never really like Coslet because he knew nothing about talent but that play worked everytime we ran it.....I didn't really have film so so i'm not quite sure how the TE did it but from my understanding he just fell down and the defense lost him..Next time you seen him he was in the endzone all alone...

jmerog
06-28-2006, 09:30 PM
I want to see Anthony Johnson run the s-snake post out of the backfield like T.O did in Philly..:stirpot:

I was unaware there was anyone on our team by that name. What position does He play?

TexanFan881
06-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I was unaware there was anyone on our team by that name. What position does He play?

I knew someone was going to say something. Give him a break, you know who he's talking about :stirpot:

jmerog
06-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I would have but he just slammed me on another thread because i disagreed with him and said TJ wouldn't start.

TexanFan881
06-28-2006, 09:40 PM
I would have but he just slammed me on another thread because i disagreed with him and said TJ wouldn't start.

O ok, carry on then :)

AFD1717
06-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I would like to see Moulds underneath on a Smash route quite a bit. If one of our speedy guys can go over the top, we can put AJ on the other side and they will be forced to either leave man to man on AJ or they won't have the personnel to cover the Smash.

bayoudreamn
06-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Okay, i ts the off season and we are all bored and hungry for some football. Since we have exhausted the carr topics, lets talk about something a little more fun.

If you were calling plays and you had confidence in your players-what plays would you call- be specific.

I would like to see a lot of 3 reciever sets with an option to run. rb could be the 4th reciever.

The ones that would result in a touchdown on every play, obviously :tease:

TexanFan881
06-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I'd definately like to see some effective play action this year and go deep to AJ and Moulds and maybe even Mathis if he can get his act together.

South Texan
06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
WELL.... Based on the assumption the O-Line is good (not even great) we have a LOT of possibilities. With Moulds and AJ strecthing the filed, the DB's can't cheat up, the LB's have to respect the pass catching TE and RB coming out of the backfield, which all of course reduces mismatches on the line (that's right you other guys, you can't rush 9 - 10 guys every play this year) and open's up running possibilities. I guess what I am trying to say here is we have a real shot at having a very balanced attack this year.

So, specifically, I would mix up pass and run plays on first down (no more 2 runs, sack and out). And yeah, I also think play action is going to work very well for us this year.

Watch out wabbits... we are coming for ya! :hunter:

whiskeyrbl
06-29-2006, 01:04 AM
WELL.... Based on the assumption the O-Line is good (not even great) we have a LOT of possibilities. With Moulds and AJ strecthing the filed, the DB's can't cheat up, the LB's have to respect the pass catching TE and RB coming out of the backfield, which all of course reduces mismatches on the line (that's right you other guys, you can't rush 9 - 10 guys every play this year) and open's up running possibilities. I guess what I am trying to say here is we have a real shot at having a very balanced attack this year.

So, specifically, I would mix up pass and run plays on first down (no more 2 runs, sack and out). And yeah, I also think play action is going to work very well for us this year.

Trips left,singleback, Te weakside fade route,AJ seam, Moulds quick slant,Walters 10 yrd out, RB lead block for Carr on a bootleg left:drool:

Brandon420tx
06-29-2006, 09:46 AM

No the best offensive strategy ever,
1st and 10, max protect HB Dive between the center and the guard.
2nd and 8, 2WR, 1TE, 1FB, 1HB set, run a HB Dive between the center and the guard.
3rd and 6, Quick out to WR, or a 2 step-sack, or another max protect HB Dive between the center and the guard... see with this philosophy the opposing defense doesn't know what we're going to do on 3rd down! :confused:

powerfuldragon
06-29-2006, 10:01 AM
i'd send jerome mathis on streaks all day.

AFD1717
06-29-2006, 10:13 AM
i'd send jerome mathis on streaks all day.

Streaks to a Sports Psychologist to get his head straightened out.

rafterticket
06-29-2006, 11:39 AM

I am not sure. I only know right now that handing off three times and going over left tackle is not successful. :wacko: :wacko:

Chad Stanley should have gone to the Pro Bowl last year.

Now that we have a receiver corps, a tight end and a fleet of running backs, there are too many options.

powerfuldragon
06-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Chad Stanley should have gone to the Pro Bowl last year.

Chad Stanley should go to the pro bowl every day.

JohnGalt
06-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Some variation of...

1. Power sweep left
2. Power sweep right
3. sprint out pass to AJ on the deep out, Moulds on the cross, or TE/RB in the flat

Up and down the field all day...

ensign_lee
06-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm very partial to singleback, two WR, two tight end set, otherwise known as singleback: BIG. However, I like it modified to include both TE's on the right side.

It's great for TE's running out patterns, and the running back taking it up the left side.

HJam72
06-29-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm very partial to singleback, two WR, two tight end set, otherwise known as singleback: BIG. However, I like it modified to include both TE's on the right side.

It's great for TE's running out patterns, and the running back taking it up the left side.

Yes, but that would be sure to cause our illustrious QB to walk up and stick his hands under McKinney's butt. :cool:

I do like that idea, though. Talk about dream running for DD to the left, if they line up in man coverage.

dtran04
06-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Fake punt option play with the holder pumpfaking out a Jag. LOL

threetoedpete
07-01-2006, 01:25 AM
My first play of the season would be max protect 9, send A.J. deep. My second play would be to get a tight end into the seam of the zone. My third play would be a sweep left with Pitts leading. And I'd keep running the series every game untill someone stoped it.

DocBar
07-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Don't slam me too hard for this, but if we can get the passing game going, we might do well to run some good ole draw plays like the Oilers did in the "Chuck-n-Duck" days. They used them effectively and it's a good way to keep D's honest. I would also like to see at least 1 gimmick play a game. It works well for Pittsburgh.
:hunter: :chicken:

BlueThunder
07-01-2006, 02:24 PM
The screen has to be implimented more into this offense.We need to run more slants and focus on hot read high percentage.A no huddle may be something to on,,oh,,,I forgot were still looking for a bus driver...:redtowel:

Were going to win baby:coolb: