PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Ultimate Depth Chart

the wonger need food
06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Can we consolidate all of these into one thread?

BTW... ranked #21 in pass defense. Of course that diphole Salisbury had to mention that picking Williams over Bush was a mistake.

powerfuldragon
06-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Can we consolidate all of these into one thread?

BTW... ranked #21 in pass defense. Of course that diphole Salisbury had to mention that picking Williams over Bush was a mistake.
mario williams eats salisbury steaks for breakfast.

Double Barrel
06-28-2006, 07:19 PM

Salisbury...I just don't like that dude. He froths at the mouth and little drops of spit fly when he gets worked up (which is often enough).

I remember him flip-flopping back and forth on several TO stories. He puts his finger to the wind to see which way the public breeze is blowing so he can be on the majority bandwagon. Make a stand on how you feel and go with it. I'm sure if Williams is making a huge impact this season, Salisbury will be the first to sing his praises and talk about what a wonderful pick the Texans made. Dude is a tool.

TexanSam
06-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Salisbury...I just don't like that dude. He froths at the mouth and little drops of spit fly when he gets worked up (which is often enough).

I remember him flip-flopping back and forth on several TO stories. He puts his finger to the wind to see which way the public breeze is blowing so he can be on the majority bandwagon. Make a stand on how you feel and go with it. I'm sure if Williams is making a huge impact this season, Salisbury will be the first to sing his praises and talk about what a wonderful pick the Texans made. Dude is a tool.

I don't like Salisbury either. Or the other guy, the one that used to play with the Broncos. Former O-lineman. The only NFL analysts I do like on ESPN or Ron Jawarski and Mike Golic.

MorKnolle
06-28-2006, 10:04 PM

That's the nature of NFL analysts. They are all probably still pissed that we made them look foolish when they were all so sure that Bush was our pick.

ArlingtonTexan
06-28-2006, 11:13 PM
That's the nature of NFL analysts. They are all probably still pissed that we made them look foolish when they were all so sure that Bush was our pick.

I have contended that if the Patriots or some other team had made the same move, some of these same guys would have been tripping over each with "out of the box thinking" and whatever other cliche you want to throw out there. These teams have earned more of a benefit of the doubt regarding their moves, but every personnel move these teams is not "just another good selection by a quality organization"

Second Honeymoon
06-28-2006, 11:28 PM

Salisbury was a crappy QB. He wasn't even a good backup. The guy was co-hosting Battle Bots on Comedy Central just a few years ago where he made a total arse of himself. Anyone who saw that show knows how bad he was and how serious he took himself. Then ESPN gives him a platform because he is willing to say ignorant stuff into a microphone. The guy is 'almost' as bad as Merrill Hoge....and that is saying A LOT. Then you have Trey Wingo who is totally unwatchable and is perhaps the worst interviewer in the history of journalism...The Disney Sports Network sucks across the board.

I would say that my ratings would go:
QB 24
RB 17 with healthy DD / 29 without healthy DD
WR/TE 10

HOU-TEX
06-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Who's the guy that has the crooked mouth when he talks. That dude's pretty annoying to me too.

MorKnolle
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I have contended that if the Patriots or some other team had made the same move, some of these same guys would have been tripping over each with "out of the box thinking" and whatever other cliche you want to throw out there. These teams have earned more of a benefit of the doubt regarding their moves, but every personnel move these teams is not "just another good selection by a quality organization"

Good point, although when you win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years they'll give you that respect. Even though Kubiak has previous Super Bowl success they don't seem to be giving him much respect/benefit of the doubt yet.

Hutch13
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Well when you have the worst record in the nfl the tend to not give you a lot of respect but we will show them what were made of and how we made lots of great moves this year.:texflag:

El Tejano
06-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Who's the guy that has the crooked mouth when he talks. That dude's pretty annoying to me too.
More specific. They all do. Ha Ha Ha.

I think you are talking about Golic? Or Michael A Smith?

Tailgate
06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Here are the totals so far:

(1 point for place; ex: 32nd = 32 pts.)
The Lower the # of Points per Team, the Better

(After Currently: Pass Defense)

Rank / Team Name (Points)
1 - Panthers (21 pts)
2 - Seahawks (25 pts)*
3 - Redskins (25 pts)*
4 - Colts (35 pts)
5 - Patriots (36 pts)
6 - Bengals (37 pts)
7 - NY Giants (38 pts)
8 - Steelers (39 pts)
9 - Ravens (47 pts)
10 - Falcons (50 pts)

11 - Chiefs (53 pts)
12 - Broncos (54 pts)
13 - Cardinals (55 pts)
14 - Dolphins (58 pts)
15 - Cowboys (60 pts)
16 - Buccaneers (64 pts)
17 - Rams (67 pts)
18 - Jaguars (69 pts)*
19 - Saints (69 pts)*
20 - Chargers (71 pts)

21 - Bears (72 pts)*
22 - Vikings (72 pts)*
23 - Eagles (83 pts)
24 - Texans (84 pts)
25 - Packers (96 pts)
26 - NY Jets (97 pts)
27 - Browns (100 pts)
28 - Raiders (103 pts)
29 - Titans (104 pts)
30 - Lions (105 pts)
31 - Bills (106 pts)
32 - 49ers (117 pts)

* - Note: The teams with the best won-lost last year wins the tie breaker in points.

I think there is more to come... so may need to be updated later.

Second Honeymoon
06-30-2006, 03:26 AM

If your talking about Chicken Little, that is John Clayton. He has that wierd beak of a mouth but I really like the guy. He is a bit of a kiss ass and lets scumbags like Wingo and Salisbury take their shots at them. Clayton probably pees in their coffee when they make him fetch coffee for all the 'cool guys'. Oh and dont get me started on Steven A. Smith, when that guy started he was one of my favorite analysts and would tell it like it is, well now he is just a loudmouth that loves to hear himself talk. He is like Barkley without the insight and heartfelt honesty.

doug from the woodlands