PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Texans Top Tacklers

HOU-TEX
06-28-2006, 04:29 PM
As I was surfing for news and stats on our beloved Texans, I came across a stat that caught my eye. Is it normal for 3 DB's to be in the teams top 5 in tackling? Maybe this is just something that I've just now realized. It just seems to me the front seven should fulfill this stat. I very well could be wrong. This is my very first post as I've been quietly reading now for a few months. So, hello to all and I look forward to this season's turn around. Be kind now.:redtowel:

Here's the Chrons link: http://sports2.chron.com/chron/football/teamhome.cgi?Hou

TwinSisters
06-28-2006, 04:45 PM
no.

or yes. ( take your pick )

It's normal to not be normal. It depends on your defense and a lot of other factors like injury and the types of offense you face.

Teams that run against you a lot will up the LB tacklers. Teams that pass a lot will up the DB. Use a lot of Safety blitz CB blitz ups the DB numbers.

If you look at the Bengals you see more CBs with tackles. Ravens LBs. Also a difference of +-5 tackles is not much at all for 16 games. So you would have to look at the complete statistics page instead of just the summary page to get a better idea of how the tackles are distributed.

---

And Howdy:howdy: :yap

El Tejano
06-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Well your SS should be up there just because they are brought on the blitz and for run support sometimes.

Meloy
06-28-2006, 05:09 PM
It is the missed tackles that concerned me.

HOU-TEX
06-28-2006, 05:10 PM
lol Agreed!!!

The Pencil Neck
06-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Teams that run against you a lot will up the LB tacklers. Teams that pass a lot will up the DB. Use a lot of Safety blitz CB blitz ups the DB numbers.

If you look at the Bengals you see more CBs with tackles. Ravens LBs. Also a difference of +-5 tackles is not much at all for 16 games. So you would have to look at the complete statistics page instead of just the summary page to get a better idea of how the tackles are distributed.

Well, considering that we weren't thrown on that often (4th least in pass attempts against, iirc), then it might kinda indicate that our tackling sucked and guys were getting into the secondary a lot.

bayoudreamn
06-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Well, considering that we weren't thrown on that often (4th least in pass attempts against, iirc), then it might kinda indicate that our tackling sucked and guys were getting into the secondary a lot.

...or that they were having plenty of success running on us so they had no reason to put the ball up.

Insideop
06-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Where's P Buc's name on that list? I thought for sure he would be there! lol:

mexican_texan
06-28-2006, 11:45 PM
It is not a good thing to have a DB lead in tackles, unless its an Adrian Wilson situation where a DB is used as another LB.

TwinSisters
06-29-2006, 04:50 AM

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of things you have to look at, my only point was to show how some of them mean that seeing DBs in your leading tacklers don't really say much.

HOU-TEX
06-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Well, from the looks of our "D" these days, I think that stat will be totally different by season's end. I'm looking forward to watching Demeco play. That guy is very fast to the ball, as well as having a nose for the ball.

TwinSisters
06-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Well, from the looks of our "D" these days, I think that stat will be totally different by season's end. I'm looking forward to watching Demeco play. That guy is very fast to the ball, as well as having a nose for the ball.

yeah me too. Our defense was just horrible last year, I had to assume a lotus position just to be able to watch a game.

I would not use that stat to judge the defense though. Steelers Super Bowl Champion, Top Tacklers : 2 LBs 3 DBs

HOU-TEX
06-29-2006, 10:13 AM
yeah me too. Our defense was just horrible last year, I had to assume a lotus position just to be able to watch a game.

I would not use that stat to judge the defense though. Steelers Super Bowl Champion, Top Tacklers : 2 LBs 3 DBs
I just thought the stat looked a little ackward having 3 DB's, my bad.

I agree about last years D. I almost got sick watching the Seattle game! As well as the K.C. game. My stomach's turning just thinking about it.

jerek
06-29-2006, 10:18 AM
There is no pat formula but in general our secondary tackled that much because our front seven wasn't doing the job. In a 3-4 your LBs are supposed to take most of the tackles and frankly that just never happened last year. In this case part of this was due to [lack of] talent and some of it to stupid playcalling ...

WiiBrawler
06-29-2006, 10:22 AM
One thing Ive learned is we dont know how to tackle...........