PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Our Receiving Core

TheCD
06-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Didn't see this on the board so I thought I'd post it...

ESPN rated the top receiving core's today and we were #16. They said that they liked that we essentially had two #1 receivers in Johnson and Moulds, and a great TE acquisition in Putzier. Lastly, they said that we COULD have been ranked higher in this category, but we have to prove ourselves first.

Texizgreat
06-27-2006, 11:49 PM
link?

Seņor Stan
06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2502031

The rankings are here. Looks like it was discussed on SportsCenter.

marioandrecarr
06-27-2006, 11:58 PM
With Moulds and Andre.....thought we should have ranked higher.

Insideop
06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm surprised ESPN (Eastern Sport Propaganda Network) rated us that high!:shocked

AFD1717
06-28-2006, 12:00 AM
they said that we COULD have been ranked higher in this category, but we have to prove ourselves first.

That seems pretty fair. If I was writing an article like that, I'd have a hard time giving a team with as many questions as ours has too high of a ranking. Even though we have pretty good answers for those questions on paper.

TexansSeminole
06-28-2006, 12:01 AM
That's pretty high considering we were the worst team last year....anything done now is speculative, and i dont assume that the ESPN guys will risk their "expertise" respect by ranking us any higher than that.

Hutch13
06-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Im happy with 16 but im suprised that our receiving core is ranked higher than our rushing core

TexansSeminole
06-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Im happy with 16 but im suprised that our receiving core is ranked higher than our rushing core

Look at the players involved...it cant be that big of a suprise.

DocBar
06-28-2006, 03:20 AM
QB-25
RB-22
WR-16

Makes me wonder. Also, I believe this is a fan-based ranking. I was able to go in and rank teams as I saw fit. The rankings on the link are an average(I think). I thought our rushing attack would be ranked higher and QB and recievers lower until we prove ourselves on the field. Can't WAIT to see how low the defense gets ranked. Hard to justify higher rankings on rookes and offseason moves.:shoot:

TwinSisters
06-28-2006, 04:05 AM
QB-25
RB-22
WR-16

Makes me wonder. Also, I believe this is a fan-based ranking. I was able to go in and rank teams as I saw fit.

Well that should flush the ClintonPortis26 Grand Unified Everyone-in-the-nation-believes-we-have-the-best-QB-in-the-nation Theory.

thunderkyss
06-28-2006, 05:09 AM
I saw this on Sportscenter today...... felt pretty good they even knew who we were...

I didn't see the 22 @ RB though..... I've definitely got a few things to say about that.

Rovator
06-28-2006, 05:49 AM
it's not fan based, in the fan poll we're 19

aj.
06-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Look one inch above these words and you will see the core of our receiving corps.

edo783
06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
The rankings were done on the entire core at the positions and includes the assesment of the backups. That's why you see some of the other areas lower (higher?) ranked as the depth isn't there like it is a WR.

El Tejano
06-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm curious. They said that we would've been higher at RB if we had Reggie but we must really like DD because we chose to stay with him.

I see that New Orleans was only at #13 in WR. Where did they put N.O. at RB?

El Tejano
06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Found it. # 8. We shall see.

wicked_wayz
06-28-2006, 10:21 AM

ESPN rated the top receiving core's today and we were #16. They said that they liked that we essentially had two #1 receivers in Johnson and Moulds, and a great TE acquisition in Putzier. Lastly, they said that we COULD have been ranked higher in this category, but we have to prove ourselves first.

yeah have to agree on that

srstex
06-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Even in their discreption of the rankings, they stated it was the teams ranking at the position, but then they talk about Pitt and they only talk about ONE guy !? If you win you get good press, if your the Texans you get bad. Right now, on paper at least, out team ( meaning the Texans ) have a very good team. The defense, offence, line everything has been rebuilt.

Kubiak is the man

Hutch13
06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Even in their discreption of the rankings, they stated it was the teams ranking at the position, but then they talk about Pitt and they only talk about ONE guy !? If you win you get good press, if your the Texans you get bad. Right now, on paper at least, out team ( meaning the Texans ) have a very good team. The defense, offence, line everything has been rebuilt.

Kubiak is the man

Like the cd said you have to prove yourself to the media and everyone especially when you had the worst record.

Titan "Tack" Fan
06-28-2006, 10:43 AM
It pisses me off reading their "opinions" but when it comes down to it, you guys were the worst team in the league last year and we were the 3rd worst. So for anyone to give us any respect is a lot to ask.

Sportsfan
06-28-2006, 11:07 AM
ESPN (Eastern Sport Propaganda Network)

Haha! Never heard that one. Its true though.

powerfuldragon
06-28-2006, 11:16 AM
It pisses me off reading their "opinions" but when it comes down to it, you guys were the worst team in the league last year and we were the 3rd worst. So for anyone to give us any respect is a lot to ask.
People will be slinging the stuff at your feet now that you Vince 'homer magnet' Young.

Frills
06-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Our RB core is about right, with DD's knee swelling up after a walkthrough, and Morency's new injury, ya I'd say 22 is about right

Frills
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Least we didn't piss our franchise QB away for a 4th round pick. Damn your owner came here to introduce VY, guess he finally realized that there's no real point in parading your top pick to the toothless tobbacco chewing squatters that call Tennatucky home.

1 yard short is as close as you'll ever get to achieving anything.

infantrycak
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Look one inch above these words and you will see the core of our receiving corps.

This post deserved repeating.

LBC_Justin
06-28-2006, 11:49 AM

I have no problem with us having to prove our selves first. I totally agree with it.

But they need to use consistent logic. They have the Redskins ranked #3. Last year they were #23 in passing yards. So how could they move up drastically and the same logic not apply to the Texans. This smacks of East Coast bias.

wrestler4life
06-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Least we didn't piss our franchise QB away for a 4th round pick. Damn your owner came here to introduce VY, guess he finally realized that there's no real point in parading your top pick to the toothless tobbacco chewing squatters that call Tennatucky home.

Awesome!:crutch:

powerfuldragon
06-28-2006, 12:56 PM

oof.

TexanFanInCC
06-28-2006, 03:21 PM

i guess kevin walter is the guy i would keep an eye on. if he is as good as people think he can be this season, then our WR core will be legit top 8

TheCD
06-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I watched the show yesterday, I haven't read the article yet. And in it, they were focusing on each team's top 2 or 3 guys (not necessarily the entire receiving core) and ranking it that way. They didn't really focus on last year's stats (with the exception of a few teams like the Raiders), they mostly focused on the players' abilities at their position.

TexansSeminole
06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Like the cd said you have to prove yourself to the media and everyone especially when you had the worst record.

As you should. If your job is to put your reputation of sports analyst on teams before the season starts....you usually dont go for the team that finished last the year before. Just a little TV 101 for you there. :twocents:

thunderkyss
06-28-2006, 06:59 PM

hell, they've got a hundred 1st round picks in the backfield, I'd hope they were ranked somewhere up there.

bayoudreamn
06-28-2006, 11:16 PM

I wonder if Reggie believes in voodoo.