PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Blues

bayoudreamn
06-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Thread Question:

What transactions will precede the beginning of Texans training camp and how will the team begin its warmup to Preaseason 2006?

One request: Can we stay away from tired old subjects.....the offseason is boring enough.

TexanFan881
06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
My predictions: We get a solid RB to duo with DD. Maybe David Dixon or Ahmad Hall (real late round for both and Kubes likes to have his RBs) in the supplemental draft. But I don't see the roster being turned upside down again.

Insideop
06-28-2006, 12:29 AM
My predictions: We get a solid RB to duo with DD. Maybe David Dixon or Ahmad Hall (real late round for both and Kubes likes to have his RBs) in the supplemental draft. But I don't see the roster being turned upside down again.

Texan Fan, don't be too surprised if Kubes doesn't get anymore RB's. If you read the article "Carrying the load" from June 22nd on the Texans website, it sounds like he is very happy with the RB's they have now. He believes that even when DD and Morency get healthy and return, the 3 rookies will push them for playing time in the preseason.

Anyway, I'm not going to be shocked if they stick with what they have. They all sound pretty good to me and they fit what Kubes is looking for.:thumbup

South Texan
06-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Thread Question:

What transactions will precede the beginning of Texans training camp and how will the team begin its warmup to Preaseason 2006?

One request: Can we stay away from tired old subjects.....the offseason is boring enough.

Yeah!! What we need here is a good David Carr thread!!!:crutch:

nunusguy
06-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Texan Fan, don't be too surprised if Kubes doesn't get anymore RB's. If you read the article "Carrying the load" from June 22nd on the Texans website, it sounds like he is very happy with the RB's they have now. He believes that even when DD and Morency get healthy and return, the 3 rookies will push them for playing time in the preseason.
Anyway, I'm not going to be shocked if they stick with what they have. They all sound pretty good to me and they fit what Kubes is looking for.:thumbup
I think there's a very good chance this scenario will play out.
Kubiak is on record as saying they've had numerous communications with
the Saints about Michael Benent, but the Saints own situation at running back
remains uncertain. IMO they will sign Reggie Bush in time for TC, but the real
question for them is the return of the rehabing Duece McCalister, and the price for parting with the security of Bennent's presense on their team may be more than the Texans are willing to pay.

bigbrewster2000
06-28-2006, 09:20 AM
I think there's a very good chance this scenario will play out.
Kubiak is on record as saying they've had numerous communications with
the Saints about Michael Benent, but the Saints own situation at running back
remains uncertain. IMO they will sign Reggie Bush in time for TC, but the real
question for them is the return of the rehabing Duece McCalister, and the price for parting with the security of Bennent's presense on their team may be more than the Texans are willing to pay.
The Rams have a deal in place with the Saints as soon as Bush signs basically so that ain't gonna happen.

nunusguy
06-28-2006, 09:30 AM
The Rams have a deal in place with the Saints as soon as Bush signs basically so that ain't gonna happen.
Any idea what the terms of this Sainst-Rams deal for Benent are ?

bigbrewster2000
06-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Any idea what the terms of this Sainst-Rams deal for Benent are ?
No but the article is on the massive Bennett trade post on th last page.

Meloy
06-28-2006, 01:15 PM
No but the article is on the massive Bennett trade post on th last page.Thanks, I have not read that last update on Bennett yet.I think Kubes has gone after the guys he thinks will turn it around. If even 50% of the new guys perform as expected, the new offensive scheme clicks (especially the OLine), the new depth holds up to support starter injuries that will happen and the defensive side does what is expected, we gonna be alllrighttt.:bananasplit:

El Tejano
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Speaking of TC. Isn't the first practice today?

Runner
06-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Speaking of TC. Isn't the first practice today?

Next month.

El Tejano
06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Man I got my calendar all messed up.

Maddict5
06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
probably the only news that might be announced is the signing of rookies etc. other than that or a surprise trade/ supp draft pick, we dont want any other news because it probably would be bad news...injuries, legal troubles