PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on ,,,,,,,

BlueThunder
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
I keep herin about the draft and who this who that, why this why that,When this when that...You people need to quit looking for excuses..Davis Carr is our QB and hes going to be fine.You people may think this team made all the wrong moves but your getting ready to find out different.Palmers offense is notorius for buying time and most of his offenses are last in the league in sacks on the QB.I have a lot to say but i'm going to keep it short.

This team is not a loser and were all going back to where we came from.Were going to heal and were going to win.WRITE THAT DOWN!

bayoudreamn
06-27-2006, 10:06 PM
I keep herin about the draft and who this who that, why this why that,When this when that...You people need to quit looking for excuses..Davis Carr is our QB and hes going to be fine.You people may think this team made all the wrong moves but your getting ready to find out different.Palmers offense is notorius for buying time and most of his offenses are last in the league in sacks on the QB.I have a lot to say but i'm going to keep it short.

This team is not a loser and were all going back to where we came from.Were going to heal and were going to win.WRITE THAT DOWN!

This is a thread about HEALING....lets keep it that way.:hunter:

bayoudreamn
06-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Not trying to steal your Thunder, BT.....just hoping to steer this away from being one of those "threads that shall not be named"

Vinny
06-27-2006, 10:08 PM
oh man...more David Carr threads....ain't seen one of these in a while.

bayoudreamn
06-27-2006, 10:09 PM

shhhhhhhh....don't say that!

BlueThunder
06-27-2006, 10:18 PM
This ain't a David Carr thread and this ain't about doing it twice!This is about believing and fighting to live.This is about pulling together and pushing our team to the top.You can pull all you want but were coming up.

DominickDavisFan76
06-27-2006, 10:37 PM
This ain't a David Carr thread and this ain't about doing it twice!This is about believing and fighting to live.This is about pulling together and pushing our team to the top.You can pull all you want but were coming up.

ya i agree.......cough cough david carr thread cough cough...

Kaiser Toro
06-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Time af-ter time. Time af-ter time. The reason why this is the most exciting off season is because we are getting some real impact players to go with a young energetic staff. Carr has nothing to do with my excitement, anything he does positive this year will only be gravy.

thetexanator
06-27-2006, 11:01 PM
david carr suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. BLASPHEMY!!!:stirpot:

Hutch13
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Not another David Carr thread:francis:

swtbound07
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
In the spirit of tuesday, i will refrain from posting my true thoughts.

The Pencil Neck
06-28-2006, 01:03 AM

No. This is a thread about Davis Carr.

BlueThunder
06-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Ok,You guys want to talk about David Carr.Will talk about David Carr.So whos on the wagon and who ain't?I really think the guy can roll with this offense.He does hold the Johnny Unitas award with 4308 yards and 40 TDs..He is well capable of leading this team to a championship.You give me a top 10 defense and i'll get Carr to hold the ball 32.00 a game.It's ok if you don't believe because was lost but now were found.You guys just get ready cause your going to be suprised at the difference.I don't even know what this team is going to do but after the preseason will know if I was right.Were not screwing around and if someone isn't focused it hurts the whole team.I'm going to find out how to push this team before the season.

BlueThunder
06-28-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm a new fan and i'm mean as east Texas brush so will find out what kind of skin this team has..I hate to lose worse than anyone,,:trophy:

You think this team suks,,,so did 75 percent of the people when I said the Jags were going to challenge last year..We''ll were better then they are..

thetexanator
06-28-2006, 03:32 AM
well dang, u made me get on the bandwagon!!!

Chance_C
06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm a new fan and i'm mean as east Texas brush

Change that to "South Texas Brush" and I'm hitching up my wagon..:francis:

DocBar
06-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Need to sing that "Rocky" song Eye of the Tiger when you read this. :survivor: :sarcasm:

Porky
06-28-2006, 12:09 PM
This ain't a David Carr thread and this ain't about doing it twice!This is about believing and fighting to live.

I believe this is another David Carr thread, and there is about to be a live fight. :tease:

jerek
06-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I believe this is another David Carr thread, and there is about to be a live fight. :tease:

Only a David Carr thread could draw 18 replies merely about the fact that it is a David Carr thread. :francis:

TwinSisters
06-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Only a David Carr thread could draw 18 replies merely about the fact that it is a David Carr thread. :francis:

We shall see...

Exascor
06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Ok,You guys want to talk about David Carr.Will talk about David Carr.So whos on the wagon and who ain't? I really think the guy can roll with this offense.He does hold the Johnny Unitas award with 4308 yards and 40 TDs.If only this were college huh?

I'm officially not on the Carr bandwagon. I'm riding on a donkey next to it ready to jump on if he ever performs in the NFL. I'd love to sit in the bandwagon. 4 years on that donkey hurt my behind.

Hulk75
06-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I am with the guy who started the thread, good stuff bro and I am with you, these guys have been through a lot (the guys who have been here from the start), they need the support of their fan base.

WIN and we will cheer, come on dont be like that, the first pre season game those guys need to here some encouragment, do not be hated fans.

Everything is going to be allright!

Meloy
06-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Ok,You guys want to talk about David Carr.Will talk about David Carr.So whos on the wagon and who ain't?I really think the guy can roll with this offense.He does hold the Johnny Unitas award with 4308 yards and 40 TDs..He is well capable of leading this team to a championship.You give me a top 10 defense and i'll get Carr to hold the ball 32.00 a game.It's ok if you don't believe because was lost but now were found.You guys just get ready cause your going to be suprised at the difference.I don't even know what this team is going to do but after the preseason will know if I was right.Were not screwing around and if someone isn't focused it hurts the whole team.I'm going to find out how to push this team before the season.I enjoyed this post more than most lately. "was lost and now were found". I truly think following the Texans will be a religious experience this year. Maybe not a resurrection but pretty close. I hope, hope, hope.

BlueThunder
06-28-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't see why you guys want to blame everything on David Carr.You can draft players but if the system don't fit the personial then it isn't going to mater how good the player was.Gary Kubiak is installing a system that will put more imphasist on the QBs own ability rather then expecting more from everyone else.We've added targets that can get open faster and are speeding the whole read and react thing up.We are building a backfield that can help us and beefing the OL depth up.This isn't going to be the same team you guys have been seeing.Speeding the system up using hot reads, high percentage will help the OL and QB instantly.Consistancy is something this team has to develope,you can't win with your defense on the field.

Double Barrel
06-28-2006, 01:20 PM

That's a great post from a pure cheerleading pov...drink the koolaide! It's fresh! :redtowel:

Although I must inject the voice of reality at this point: this team is a losing team, and will continue to be until the point that we win at least 8 games in a season. This fact does not diminish my support of the team, nor does it tarnish my optimistic hope for our future. At some point, all of our dedication will be paid in full. That, I believe. :ok:

And as far as David Carr is concerned.... :texflag: WE SHALL SEE!!

TwinSisters
06-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Although I must inject the voice of reality at this point: this team is a losing team, and will continue to be until the point that we win at least 8 games in a season. This fact does not diminish my support of the team, nor does it tarnish my optimistic hope for our future. At some point, all of our dedication will be paid in full. That, I believe. :ok:

Alright now o Great guardian of the nuts of reality, use caution, take heed, and beware of the Ides of March.

We can make the playoffs with a 7-9 record and be winners.

Double Barrel
06-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Alright now o Great guardian of the nuts of reality, use caution, take heed, and beware of the Ides of March.

We can make the playoffs with a 7-9 record and be winners.

yes, this is true, mathematically speaking. :hmmm:

That would be an interesting situation: 7-9 in a crappy division so you get the division title...it's not a "winning" season, per say, but it is a very successful season just because of making a playoff spot.

I know it's been close to happening (7-9 in the playoffs) since realignment...it'll be kind of weird if/when it does and another team in a good division misses a spot with a 10-6 record.

So, technically, would a 7-9 season, based upon the above scenario, be called a "winning season" by the media? :um:

Good question, TwinSisters!

BlueThunder
06-28-2006, 01:50 PM
11 AND 5 WITH A TITLE

TOP SEED, THE AFC SOUTH ,THE AFC CHAMIONSHIP
AND A TRIP TO MIAMI!

HOUSTON -V- MINNISOTA

MIAMI ORANGE BOWL IN JANUARY

THE WRECKING CRUE
AND PURPLE PEOPLE EATTERS

GRASS FIELD IN SUNNY FLORIDA,BE THERE!

:coolb:,,,,:trophy: :logo: ,,,,:coolb:

HOUSTON TEXANS TO THE TOP

2 FIRST YEAR COACHES HEAD TO HEAD

BE THERE!

Titan "Tack" Fan
06-28-2006, 01:59 PM
You guys can't ride the David Carr train forever. I'd say this is his last year to shine or he's out. Bad O-line or not ... if it's broken, you got to fix it.

wrestler4life
06-28-2006, 02:03 PM
You guys can't ride the David Carr train forever. I'd say this is his last year to shine or he's out. Bad O-line or not ... if it's broken, you got to fix it.
Ouch- you seem a bit pissy to me. Maybe this will cheer you up.
No team has ever won a title with a running quarterback, and VY will NOT be the first. Sorry.

Kaiser Toro
06-28-2006, 02:54 PM
I am with the guy who started the thread, good stuff bro and I am with you, these guys have been through a lot (the guys who have been here from the start), they need the support of their fan base.

WIN and we will cheer, come on dont be like that, the first pre season game those guys need to here some encouragment, do not be hated fans.

C'mon man. We need some support from this team, which has been worked on tremendously and by and large the fans have responded and are pumped for next season.

For those that do not look and find the optimism and start threads based on optimism and put together far flung comparisions for our QB and the greats, at that position, are indeed going to get responses. Optimism for the team and Carr can be exclusive of one another.

Hulk75
06-28-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't see why you guys want to blame everything on David Carr.You can draft players but if the system don't fit the personial then it isn't going to mater how good the player was.Gary Kubiak is installing a system that will put more imphasist on the QBs own ability rather then expecting more from everyone else.We've added targets that can get open faster and are speeding the whole read and react thing up.We are building a backfield that can help us and beefing the OL depth up.This isn't going to be the same team you guys have been seeing.Speeding the system up using hot reads, high percentage will help the OL and QB instantly.Consistancy is something this team has to develope,you can't win with your defense on the field.
NO you hit it right on the head, "Some" people argue just to argue, everything you said is true.
I am telling you that people think this will be a year of getting back on track with just a few wins, but we have many VETS on this team, good and some great players that have been low blowed abillity and Mentaly wise from the last Coaching staff.
There is SOOOOOO many possative things that have been going on this Pre season for anyone to think this team will not do well.

Offense...........Jeb, Bennie is healthy, Owen Daniels, Cook, Flanagan, Winston, Spencer, Kevin Walters,Antwan Smith, ERIC MOULDS!.........Not to leave out the Vets.......Carr, Dre, DD, Weigert, McKinney, Pitts.........shoot even Derrick Armstrong.................And to think that these guys will be coached by.......Mike Sherman, Gary Kubiak, Troy Callohon, Kyle Shanahan.

10+ Wins I think. Not to mention the Super Freak on the other side of the ball:mario: AND the Pro Bowl Calliber Demeco Ryans.

I believe we will have the biggest turn around in the history of the NFL from one year to the next.

Make fun all you want, Carr is the best kept secret in the NFL, AND Dre will have a HUGE YEAR having Eric Moulds on the other side.:twocents:

El Tejano
06-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Love the optimism bro. You make a pretty good case with the names you mentioned. I just like the fact that we got players from winning organizations.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
No running QB has ever won a Superbowl:shoot:

Brett Farve
Steve Young
Roger Stabauch
Joe Montana
John Elway

All of these QBs were know to take off,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:stirpot:

infantrycak
06-29-2006, 01:50 PM
No running QB has ever won a Superbowl:shoot:

Brett Farve
Steve Young
Roger Stabauch
Joe Montana
John Elway

All of these QBs were know to take off,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:stirpot:

Let's see, in their winning seasons:

Brett Favre 136 yds rushing.
Steve Young 293 yds
Roger Staubach 343 yds, 171 yds
Joe Montana 95 yds, 118 yds, 132 yds, 227 yds
John Elway 218 yds, 94 yds.

These guys were heady scramblers who preferred to pass the ball rather than run--they were not running QB's when they got their SB titles.

Disclaimer--this post has nothing to do with any recent draftees and their potential for success in the NFL--merely an observation on characterizing the above QB's as rushing QB's.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 01:56 PM
If you say so,,:shoot:

Can we call them option QBs then..:homer:

347 yards

That's like 16/347 thats like 30 yards rushing a game,or was there only 10 games a season back then?

Runner
06-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Let's see, in their winning seasons:

Brett Favre 136 yds rushing.
Steve Young 293 yds
Roger Staubach 343 yds, 171 yds
Joe Montana 95 yds, 118 yds, 132 yds, 227 yds
John Elway 218 yds, 94 yds.

These guys were heady scramblers who preferred to pass the ball rather than run--they were not running QB's when they got their SB titles.

Disclaimer--this post has nothing to do with any recent draftees and their potential for success in the NFL--merely an observation on characterizing the above QB's as rushing QB's.

That Steve Young number really surprises me. I thought of those listed he had run quite a bit.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
All i'll say is every team that went up against these QBs would tell you they can run and would have to game plan against them..I hated going against these QBs because they would kill you running.Landry use to get so mad at Roger because he wouldn't just run to day light,he'd punch it in there and wouldn't go down..:trophy:

hollywood_texan
06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Since this brings up the David Carr dicussion, I wonder, how many games does David Carr have left to prove himself?

I don't think he has the entire season. If he plays poorly against Philadelphia in the opener and there is a loss, it is very likely the Texans start off 1-3 and quite possibly 0-4. What happens if Carr is benched and Rosenfels (looking through his career at Miami, I'm not sure he is a bona fide backup) plays better or the team as a whole plays better (Big Ben effect)?

I read an interesting SI article on the Dolphins and that they started off really slow at 3-7, but reeled off 6 straigth to finish 9-7 and just miss the playoffs. We play Miami week 4 and before that is Washington, both at home. We have a tough front end schedule. Back to my point though, the Miami article really got me thinking about the Texans and what if they started off slowly but finished similar to the 05 Dolphins.

So here is my question, does Carr still have the starting job if the team starts off 3-7? This is assuming Carr has marginal or mediocre numbers and the team as a whole has a tough time performing.

IMO, the Philadelphia game is huge for David Carr, it is about as close to a must win as he is going to experience. If he plays great and their is a victory, the team really just needs to hover around .500 for the remainder of the year and show continual progress. However, if Carr and the Texans start slow, and I can easily see them starting 0-6 due to the tough schedule, David Carr could be running out of chances by midway through the season. However, is Rosenfels going to be better?

Please do not take this as me banging on Carr, I think it is a fair assessment of where he is at right now and how he maintains his starting position. IMO, he needs to start off really strong, particularly against Philadelphia, to get the mojo and establish himself as the starter with zero caveats. I think we can all agree, the discussion of Carr's play is riddled with caveats (some people call them excuses).

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Gary Kubiak gave everyone a clean slate and a fresh start..:whip:

We need to be atleast 500 by week 12 if we want to have a chance.I don't look at this team as a loser,just a team that wasn't in the right system.This team is a 10 win team and if we can take care of the division at all cost and win 1 over the 10 then were looking at a possible bye week.There isn't anyone going to run over this team like last year.Well clear the whole roster 2007 if there ain't some change!

I think Davis Carr is going to lead this team to the playoffs this year.I just have a good feeling this team is hungry and has something to prove..I also think Stephen Davis would be a good pickup to backup Antwain if he has another of his bad years.I don't see him as a move the chain type back.I,m not sure Bennett is obtainable and I think a TB is number one on my Christmas list to santa..

hollywood_texan
06-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Gary Kubiak gave everyone a clean slate and a fresh start..:whip:

I believe you are referring to my post.

How long is that slate then? Carr has been in the league four years.

The slate maybe clean, but I am sure Carr will judged very differently than say a second year player. Not to mention he is the quarterback.

IMO, Carr and the Texans need to start off strong, starting with beating Philadelphia. If Texans start 1-3 or 0-4 and are at 3-7 around the midpoint, look for Carr to not be the starter, that is my point. Carr does not have a full season to prove himself if he and the Texans peform slowly and/or poorly at the beginning of the season.

TexansFanatic
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Ouch- you seem a bit pissy to me. Maybe this will cheer you up.
No team has ever won a title with a running quarterback, and VY will NOT be the first. Sorry.

You're sorry? No, I'm sorry---I'm calling BS on that post:

Vince Young is the first (and currently the only) quarterback to have passed for 3,000+ yards while rushing for 1,000+ yards in NCAA history. Does this make him a running quarterback who passes well or a passing quarterback who runs well? Vince Young cannot be compared to anyone else. He is Vince Young and that's that.

Meanwhile, Steve Young was a prolific runner in his prime. In fact, he rushed for a total of 4,239 yards in his career and scored 43 rushing touchdowns. Young was the leading rusher of Super Bowl XXIX.

Sorry.

MorKnolle
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Since this brings up the David Carr dicussion, I wonder, how many games does David Carr have left to prove himself?

I don't think he has the entire season. If he plays poorly against Philadelphia in the opener and there is a loss, it is very likely the Texans start off 1-3 and quite possibly 0-4. What happens if Carr is benched and Rosenfels (looking through his career at Miami, I'm not sure he is a bona fide backup) plays better or the team as a whole plays better (Big Ben effect)?

I read an interesting SI article on the Dolphins and that they started off really slow at 3-7, but reeled off 6 straigth to finish 9-7 and just miss the playoffs. We play Miami week 4 and before that is Washington, both at home. We have a tough front end schedule. Back to my point though, the Miami article really got me thinking about the Texans and what if they started off slowly but finished similar to the 05 Dolphins.

So here is my question, does Carr still have the starting job if the team starts off 3-7? This is assuming Carr has marginal or mediocre numbers and the team as a whole has a tough time performing.

IMO, the Philadelphia game is huge for David Carr, it is about as close to a must win as he is going to experience. If he plays great and their is a victory, the team really just needs to hover around .500 for the remainder of the year and show continual progress. However, if Carr and the Texans start slow, and I can easily see them starting 0-6 due to the tough schedule, David Carr could be running out of chances by midway through the season. However, is Rosenfels going to be better?

Please do not take this as me banging on Carr, I think it is a fair assessment of where he is at right now and how he maintains his starting position. IMO, he needs to start off really strong, particularly against Philadelphia, to get the mojo and establish himself as the starter with zero caveats. I think we can all agree, the discussion of Carr's play is riddled with caveats (some people call them excuses).

To answer one of the few serious issues recently brought up in this thread, I think Carr will have the whole year to "prove" himself considering we have a new staff and new system for everyone on the team to learn, and the staff has shown great faith in Carr thusfar. I think it would take a whole year of him playing absolutely rotten football for them to give up on Carr.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 03:17 PM
You guys sound like Carr was the whole problem with the team.That wasn't the case at all.I'll tell you right now it was the system and a sickness.This team played with no CONFIDENCE last year.

We have to turn this around as fans and decide were not going let this get down.Were going 11 and 5 and like I said in another site,if were not going for a championship i'm firing everyone!!!!!!!!!:shoot:

infantrycak
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
If you say so,,:shoot:

Can we call them option QBs then..:homer:

347 yards

That's like 16/347 thats like 30 yards rushing a game,or was there only 10 games a season back then?

14 games and no option QB's would not be accurate either.

Landry use to get so mad at Roger because he wouldn't just run to day light,he'd punch it in there and wouldn't go down..:trophy:

Landry got mad at Roger for not sliding. Staubach is my favorite QB ever--who knows what he would have done if he hadn't spent 6 years in the Navy. He was a very smart QB who knew passing was always the 1st option but was athletic enough to make something happen if he had to--that's not an option QB or a running QB--it is a QB who can run.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Can I say mobile:homer:

:logo: :party: :trophy:

infantrycak
06-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Vince Young is the first (and currently the only) quarterback to have passed for 3,000+ yards while rushing for 1,000+ yards in NCAA history. Does this make him a running quarterback who passes well or a passing quarterback who runs well? Vince Young cannot be compared to anyone else. He is Vince Young and that's that.

This doesn't diminish your point that VY is more than a running QB at all, but IMO it is funny that they altered the accounting system this last year to include post-season play in the totals. VY didn't have either of the 3000/1000 until the post-season. He had 2769/850 in the regular season. The year before Reggie McNeal had a very similar 2791/718.

infantrycak
06-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Can I say mobile:homer:

There's a good one.

hollywood_texan
06-29-2006, 03:43 PM
You guys sound like Carr was the whole problem with the team.That wasn't the case at all.I'll tell you right now it was the system and a sickness.This team played with no heart last year.

We have to turn this around as fans and decide were not going let this get down.Were going 11 and 5 and like I said in another site,if were not going for a championship i'm firing everyone!!!!!!!!!:shoot:

The quarterback is the biggest impact position in football.

The Texans have changed every aspect of the front office and personnel, except for the quarterback, running back, and defensive back positions.

My point is Carr needs to start off strong to start the season, particularly against Philadelphia because I don't see them going 2-1 against Indy, Washington and Miami.

As for letting this get me down, we need to be in reality, just as the preseason last year was reality for the regular season.

I think it is highly unlikely we go 11-5 this year. More like the reverse, we will probably go 5-11, maybe 7-9.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm expecting big things out of David Carr as early as this year

THE AFC SOUTH AND A CHAMPIONSHIP

,,,,,,,,:logo: :party: :trophy:

JOHNNY UNITAS AWARD QB
2 PRO BOWL WRs
A COUPLE 1000 YRD BACKS
AN IMPROVED OL
A STRONGER DEFENSE UP FRONT
A TOP LB CORPS WITH GREAT DEPTH
TEs TEs TEs TEs
A YEAR MORE EXPERENCE IN THE SECONDARY

I see no reason this team can't compete as a top 500 team

chuckm
06-29-2006, 03:56 PM

JOHNNY UNITAS AWARD QB
2 PRO BOWL WRs
A COUPLE 1000 YRD BACKS
AN IMPROVED OL
TEs TEs TEs TEs

Optimism .... I like it .... .500 would be nice but aiming high is a good thing ...... on a side note, all this VY talk set me to thinking about MONARCH .... I sincerely miss that guy ...

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes we can sit here and pick scabs,complain about everything we don't have and how it hurts..OR We can rap it up with duct tape and go kick some azzzzz..

We didn't get VY because everyone wanted Carr 4 years ago.Were going to go do it with the QB we have and were going win..:redtowel:

11 AND 5 NO MERCY!

:logo: :coolb: :trophy:

Hulk75
06-29-2006, 04:12 PM

JOHNNY UNITAS AWARD QB
2 PRO BOWL WRs
A COUPLE 1000 YRD BACKS
AN IMPROVED OL
TEs TEs TEs TEs

I like it brother, I am totaly with you..............A see no reason why we cant have a great year next year...............We were not the worst team skill wise last year, not by a long shot.............But coaching I would give a 32 out of 32.

"Talky, Talky, Talky.... No more talky", http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Sozo_PM/billymad.jpg We are going to be a very good team next year.

BlueThunder
06-29-2006, 04:19 PM
NEXT YEAR NEVER COMES,ITS THIS YEAR OR YOUR OUT OF HERE!:Tumblewee

LET'S GO GET ONE!

hollywood_texan
06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
We didn't get VY because everyone wanted Carr 4 years ago.

I know many people that didn't want Carr (including myself, but I am a defense guy, that is my bias...) and many of those thought Julius Peppers was a great alternative. Similar to how we picked Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

It took four years, but they finally got it right.

Besides, just because someone wanted Carr four years ago, doesn't mean they want him today.

Bobo
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM

I don't believe this team is a winner by any stretch of the imagination and neither do the unbiased observers who follow the NFL. The over/under wins for the Texans is 5.5 in Vegas -- and the oddsmakers don't like to go much lower than this. As far as the draft goes, I was the biggest defender of drafting Mario Williams. However, the fact that all at once Kubiak is scrambling for RBs indicates to me that he isn't sure Davis will be able to carry the full load. Seems to me he should have been more certain of Davis's health before the draft. This makes the pick fair game. That being the case, it is clear that NO was going to take either Bush or Williams, whoever the Texans didn't choose. Seeing that Williams would have gone #2 overall if Bush went #1, you can't really criticize the choice of Williams.

Bobo
06-29-2006, 08:19 PM
NEXT YEAR NEVER COMES,ITS THIS YEAR OR YOUR OUT OF HERE!:Tumblewee

LET'S GO GET ONE!

I wish that was the case. Unfortunately, Kubiak has a long-term deal.

Bobo
06-29-2006, 08:26 PM

It's easy to cheer when your team wins. Capers got the city to go crazy over a team that didn't have a winning season but had a lot of heart, guts, fire and a never-quit attitude, even during the bad times. The many false starts attributed to fan noise at Reliant is proof of his success. However, I honestly don't think Kubiak will be able to duplicate that. He has a lot more than Capers did when Dom started. He has Johnson, Davis, an experienced Carr, Robinson and others. Capers left him with something to work with -- something Capers himself didn't have. But I doubt that Kubiak will do much with it.

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I have to find a better subject.:shots:

So your the one who wanted Mario over VY.:club:

swtbound07
06-30-2006, 01:22 PM
We are like the knicks right now. Until they get rid of isiah, they will never win. Likewise, until we rid ourselves of david carr, we will NEVER win. My glass is more than half empty.

Hulk75
06-30-2006, 01:59 PM
We are like the knicks right now. Until they get rid of isiah, they will never win. Likewise, until we rid ourselves of david carr, we will NEVER win. My glass is more than half empty.
lol: lol: lol: lol: ...........Come on man my sides hurt.

NATHANHALE
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
This doesn't diminish your point that VY is more than a running QB at all, but IMO it is funny that they altered the accounting system this last year to include post-season play in the totals. VY didn't have either of the 3000/1000 until the post-season. He had 2769/850 in the regular season. The year before Reggie McNeal had a very similar 2791/718.

...good point about Reggie!!...kinda wondering, thouigh, with Reggie even having better 40 numbers than Vince--why did every team in the NFL pass on Reggie not just once, but several times?? I mean--similar #'s to Vince and a pretty stellar career-- and no one wanted him as a QB!!! What's up with that?...just curious.

TwinSisters
06-30-2006, 03:21 PM
...good point about Reggie!!...kinda wondering, thouigh, with Reggie even having better 40 numbers than Vince--why did every team in the NFL pass on Reggie not just once, but several times?? I mean--similar #'s to Vince and a pretty stellar career-- and no one wanted him as a QB!!! What's up with that?...just curious.

He lacks accuracy and arm strength ( or long ball accuracy ), nor was he that dangerous of a passing QB on the run ( compared to NFL QBs ).

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
He lacks accuracy and arm strength ( or long ball accuracy ), nor was he that dangerous of a passing QB on the run ( compared to NFL QBs ).

That and he didn't have the supporting cast that Vince had, line, WR, you name it. The A&M defense was horrible also.:hides:

NATHANHALE
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM

...exactly...so why 'knock' Young's record and even bring up Reggie at all?

TwinSisters
06-30-2006, 04:08 PM
That and he didn't have the supporting cast that Vince had, line, WR, you name it. The A&M defense was horrible also.:hides:

Yeah but that stuff doesn't matter as much to scouts and NFL guys. Vince has the arm strength and can throw on the run with velocity and reasonable accuracy. The big nick on Young was that his release trajectory was a little low and might result in more knockdowns.

HOWEVER Bernie Kosar, Stabler...

TwinSisters
06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
...exactly...so why 'knock' Young's record and even bring up Reggie at all?

Ugh... I have no idea??? I just saw something that I knew the answer to and hit the buzzer.

Sorry.

I wasn't paying attention. Won't happen again...

today.

infantrycak
06-30-2006, 04:18 PM

Both went into last season with discussions of would they be NFL QB's or WR's depending on their seasons. VY improved tremendously--Reggie regressed.

The point of bringing up Reggie was not to suggest he was as good as VY but to point out the 3000/1000 thing was sort of an artificial stat made up for media hype and not quite as special a proof of how good a QB is as sometimes made out. That statement is not made to take anything away from VY--just one of the arguments made sometimes on his behalf.

NATHANHALE
06-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Both went into last season with discussions of would they be NFL QB's or WR's depending on their seasons. VY improved tremendously--Reggie regressed.

The point of bringing up Reggie was not to suggest he was as good as VY but to point out the 3000/1000 thing was sort of an artificial stat made up for media hype and not quite as special a proof of how good a QB is as sometimes made out. That statement is not made to take anything away from VY--just one of the arguments made sometimes on his behalf.

My problem here is that this is an 'ever changing' world that changes the face of stats all the time, so do we start putting asterisk by a stat today to compare it to a stat from 'yester year?' College football has gone from 10 games to 11 plus a year that totally affects any stat comparisons to other years. Of course, this is also true in pro sports, as well, so is it fair to just bring the difference up when its conveient? In the case of Reggie and Vince, though, Reggie also played in the same year that the rule was changed. Finally, don't recall it being mentioned on any post that Carr got his 'big' SR stats playing in 14 games...talk about an advantage!!

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Reggie McNeil is a Micheal Vick clone and will mostlikely have an injury filled career.Vince Young will be more like McNabb and will kill us for years to come..If I was the DC I wouldn't be dropping my ankor any time soon..:shoot:

DocBar
06-30-2006, 04:55 PM
I think I will hold off on anointing VY any time soon. QB HAS to be the hardest position to properly grade in sports(next to MLB pitchers maybe) and some with all the "atheletic" ability in the world have been spectacular busts.
QB's are a lot like baseball pitchers and US Presidents. They get WAY too much credit when things are good and WAY to much criticism when things aren't so good. My glass is still half full as far as DC goes. I'm going to pull for him for the rest of his contract and see if Kubes can work some more of his magic. Well...I might not be on his band wagon in '08. Hafta see how it goes.
All that said, I absolutely cannot wait for TC to start. I think this is gonna be like the Oilers in the late 70's and early 90's(hopefully with better end results).
:bananasplit: :stirpot:

HOU-TEX
06-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah but that stuff doesn't matter as much to scouts and NFL guys. Vince has the arm strength and can throw on the run with velocity and reasonable accuracy. The big nick on Young was that his release trajectory was a little low and might result in more knockdowns.

HOWEVER Bernie Kosar, Stabler...

Wasn't Carr considered to be a low trajectory passer? Especially being a sidearm passer.

infantrycak
06-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Wasn't Carr considered to be a low trajectory passer? Especially being a sidearm passer.

Yes.

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 05:43 PM
There is a bright side to the VY story if there is one.That is that they usually develope sooner and start winning within the first year,but they have a shorter careers as there scrambling ability deminishes and they get slower.When that happens usually around year seven,then they start relying more on there other abilities which levels the table..:stooges:

DocBar
06-30-2006, 09:27 PM
There is a bright side to the VY story if there is one.That is that they usually develope sooner and start winning within the first year,but they have a shorter careers as there scrambling ability deminishes and they get slower.When that happens usually around year seven,then they start relying more on there other abilities which levels the table..:stooges:
What exactly do you mean by "they"?

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 10:33 PM
They are QB's who can control a game with the feet.

I didn't say don't draft,he did!I didn't say don't draft him,I said Mario was good.He sieze he didn't say it?Well I told you to get the best best player?Well I ask Curly who?You didn't ask me who you said which player do you think?He said I didn't ask which player but who?I told you who was the best player,not who larry thought!Well,I didn't know so I asked Larry!Don't blame me because Moe said he was doing it.He said don't blame him cause you said you would do it.Hey,why you hitting me?Because I told you to get the best player!Well,I asked Larry''stop'!We have to come with a plan now cause we messed up,what do you think?Larry?How we going to get Moe out of this pick?Lets just make a run for it' :stooges:

CloakNNNdagger
06-30-2006, 10:43 PM

.........if they are still able to walk without help.:crutch:

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Were not going to sit here and let stuff like this get us down when we have bigger mistakes these guys are making right now we can talk about.It's he77 being 1 and 15 with an offseason:whip:

:logo: :trophy:

TexanFan881
06-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Were not going to sit here and let stuff like this get us down when we have bigger mistakes these guys are making right now we can talk about.It's he77 being 1 and 15 with an offseason:whip:

:logo: :trophy:

It could be worse...wait...no it couldn't :) The only reason it's so horrible though is because our team is so greatly improved that we are anxious to see how they can do. So atleast we've got something to look forward too.

BlueThunder
06-30-2006, 11:40 PM
It's going to be hard to do worse then 1 and 15!I think we could make every wrong move a team can make in the off season and still finish 6 and 10..:shoot:

I'm going to rank this team to where I think we should be,,,,just looking at the team....

BigDTexansFan
06-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Reggie McNeil is a Micheal Vick clone and will mostlikely have an injury filled career.Vince Young will be more like McNabb and will kill us for years to come..If I was the DC I wouldn't be dropping my ankor any time soon..:shoot:

OH GOD Vince Young will be like McNabb.....if I were DC I would be dropping my clipboard from laughing at an obviously overrwrought person who think G-d made Vince Young a QB...ROFLMAO

Vince Young like Michael Vick will have flashes, but behind that Titans OL he will be running....FOR HIS:chicken: LIFE!!!!

mexican_texan
06-30-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm expecting to see a MONARCH post sometime soon. If not, I'll imitate.

BlueThunder
07-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Heres the ranking i'm giving this team against the league...

QB #12 even
WR #11 upgraded
RB #25 even (injury is always a concern at TB)
TE #13 upgraded
OL #14 upgraded improving

Offensive Ranking #13 improved

DL #7 even improving
LBers #8 even
S #16 even improving
CB #18 even improving

Defensive Ranking #10 improved

Special Teams #11 downgraded

Overall Team Ranking #13 After offseason changes

This is just where I think this team is at right now as far as talent,,and I think we will reach these ranking with the new systems.....We have a long way to go but its reachable with this team..

MorKnolle
07-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Heres the ranking i'm giving this team against the league...

QB #12 even
WR #11 upgraded
RB #25 even (injury is always a concern at TB)
TE #13 upgraded
OL #14 upgraded improving

Offensive Ranking #13 improved

DL #7 even improving
LBers #8 even
S #16 even improving
CB #18 even improving

Defensive Ranking #10 improved

Special Teams #11 downgraded

Overall Team Ranking #13 After offseason changes

This is just where I think this team is at right now as far as talent,,and I think we will reach these ranking with the new systems.....We have a long way to go but its reachable with this team..

What are all of these numbers supposed to represent?

BlueThunder
07-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Those numbers are where I rank our players to other talent in the league.I rank our WRs number 11 as 10 other teams have a better corp.

The over all ranking is where I think the team should fall compaired to other teams by each area being ranked.

In other words a team can have a ranking of number 13 with corps like this.

DL #1
LB #3
S #2
CB #25

The Team that has better units across the board will have a more accurate rating.Very few teams have top ten in every catorgy on there team.

In even more words the Texans have a playoff team,it may be boarder line but a team ranked 13 fall into a wildcard spot..

:texflag: :trophy:

Being a new Fan I really don't have any favorite players so some mite feel different about the ranks then me and think it should be higher.This is where i'm putting this team as looking in from the outside.The QB ranking should be lower but depth is unproven and Carr hasn't been put in a position to be ranked any lower..The DL really hasn't been upgraded but changing system puts the players we have in a better position to take on less double teams,so the ranking dropped automaticly.Mario is going to be a good player but Gary Walker was reliesed.He wasn't needed in the 43 because of his age and the value he would bring if retrained.The offense got better ranking because of the strong balance.Not only that but if our backfield gets healthy it could drop as low as 15