PDA

View Full Version : Link To Salary Cap Information

Runner
06-26-2006, 10:01 PM
I just posted this link on another thread, but upon further consideration I thought more interested people might see it if I posted it in it's own thread. The site at this link has a good deal of information about the 2006 salary cap. It contains some subtleties that I haven't seen discussed before, but the salary cap really isn't my thing either.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

How does the accuracy of the information look?

TwinSisters
06-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't think the NFL has released any of the new CBA information yet. I have looked at this guy's site before and it is alright, but you cannot really judge anything without an official release from the NFLPA or the NFL itself. ( at least I can't )

He even says the same thing down at the bottom

Answer: As stated, the latest (and 5th) extension to the CBA was passed by the NFLPA and owners on March 8, 2006. While we are still awaiting word on all of the particulars that have not already been highlighted above, here's what we know so far...
---

Which part did you see that conflicts with #4
All minimum salaries for veterans (plus up to $40,000 signing bonus) with at least four years of experience will only count $425,000 against the team salary cap for qualifying contracts.