PDA

View Full Version : Just Go Ahead And Scalp Me While I Bend Over

CloakNNNdagger
06-26-2006, 08:34 PM
The new season is coming up. And again if you want to find occasional good seats to potentially exciting Texans games, you will inevitably be meeting up with that unconscionable businessman called the “Scalper.”

Pennsylvania (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14903101.htm) has an interesting anti-scalping law, but it certainly has holes. There is no doubt (except to those who still believe in the tooth fairy) that the scalpers do in fact thrive through the “benevolence” of the local team management. The majority of good tickets are afforded these entities PRIOR to ticket offerings to the general public. The question is WHY?..........the answer is team GUARANTEED up front sales........Sure, NFL teams are businesses .........and I guess, all they’re really trying to do is just SHARE by “giving the fans the business,” right? I guess many Texans fans attending games will be able to again boast that they are SMALL “business men.”

12Gage
06-26-2006, 09:51 PM
I buy off scalpers occasionally. If the price is right.

mike moffat
06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
When I lived in Gainesville, Fl., I bought some tix from a scalper for a couple of Gator football games. The price was right and the tickets were in great loacations.

gwallaia
06-26-2006, 10:18 PM
The last time I bought from a scalper was an Oiler-Raider game in the Dome. It was first game of the season and I bought a $25 ticket from one of those seedy looking losers at the corner of Holly Hall and Knight.

This was the first season since the Dome had been renovated. You remember, Bud the Dud threatned to take the team to Jacksonville if the City of Houston did not cave into his demands for 10,000 more seats. Gone was the giant scoreboard replaced with more seats. As I took my seat in the new section, there was a giant column directly in front of me, I could not see the field. The column was 2 feet DIRECTLY in front of me!

All I could think about was what a waste of a human existence Bud Adams and that scalper were. I ended up standing in the mezzanine with all the other column victims for the whole game.

The Oilers beat Marcus Allen and the Raiders but all remember from that day is the stupid coulmn Bud the Dud put right in front of me.

Double Barrel
06-26-2006, 11:21 PM
yeah, 'legal' scalpers are definitely some kind of gray market scam. Concerts are the same way. Ticketmaster and Clear Channel control the majority of the markets, so they can make deals that exclude the little guy.

I remember a day when you could actually get front row seats by standing in line. Those were some crazy times, waiting in line for up to 12 hours with all the other crazy fans, and you'd pick your seats from a chart at the window. I saw some good shows up close by being patient in those lines.

Now you're lucky to get second tier seats if you're 'first in line', even ordering online or by the phone.

TwinSisters
06-26-2006, 11:55 PM
The Oilers beat Marcus Allen and the Raiders but all remember from that day is the stupid coulmn Bud the Dud put right in front of me.

@$$%@# that is rich. Oo Strong Medicine Pale Face.