PDA

View Full Version : Well call me a homer but..

jmerog
06-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I am extremely happy anout the things I am hearing out of David Carr. He just finished with an interview on 610am and said some good things.

-He said Kubiak is giving him alot of QB tips and tricks to recognise coverages and quickly make descisions.
-He is being expected to learn volumes and is being held accountable by Kubiak.
_Andre is running better, faster, more aggressive routes with deternination and attitude.
-Everone has a chip -he said 'they are pissed'
-said our new rookie tackle stood up to Mario. he said it was a stand-off on the line.

the interview is on going.

someone who can write please post more

TheOgre
06-26-2006, 10:02 AM
As you wish,

You are a homer! :homer:

Glad I could oblige you.

Kaiser Toro
06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks for sharing Jmerog. Good to hear that guys are p.o.'d about last year. People are motivated by different things, but if you cannot be motivated by what failure tastes, looks, feels, smells and sounds like then you do not belong in anything that rewards success.

Runner
06-26-2006, 10:19 AM
The players do seem to have a far more aggressive, winning attitude this off-season

I was talking to a player a couple of weeks ago and I told him what I wanted for Christmas this year was our first win over the Colts on December 24th. He replied, "What's wrong with September 17th?" And there I was, thinking about home field advantage. I liked hearing that response!

Our conversation turned to how Kubiak has motivated the team and has them believing in themselves, not just through speeches but also by providing a coaching staff that is making the players better at their jobs.

Double Barrel
06-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Good stuff to hear. Beyond 2-14, they should be pissed at 19-45 and the fact that this franchise has never had a winning record.

I'm actually looking forward to pre-season this year. Beyond such a freakin' long off-season getting over, I really want to see the fire and attitude more than anything else. If people are fighting for their jobs, there should be plenty of aggression out there. Which is something we really haven't seen in quite awhile on our Texans teams lately.

TwinSisters
06-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for sharing Jmerog. Good to hear that guys are p.o.'d about last year. People are motivated by different things, but if you cannot be motivated by what failure tastes, looks, feels, smells and sounds like then you do not belong in anything that rewards success.

:um:

What's supposed to happen to Beck and the Butthole Surfers then?

Lucky
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Good stuff to hear. Beyond 2-14, they should be pissed at 19-45 and the fact that this franchise has never had a winning record.
I don't think the team had anything to be ashamed of the 1st 3 seasons. Well, maybe the Cleveland game in '04. Last season's performance would have been embarrassing for an 1st year expansion team.

Kaiser Toro
06-26-2006, 11:03 AM
:um:

What's supposed to happen to Beck and the Butthole Surfers then?

They were motivated to make a song and consequently profited off of their failure unbeknownst to their market.

Double Barrel
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't think the team had anything to be ashamed of the 1st 3 seasons. Well, maybe the Cleveland game in '04. Last season's performance would have been embarrassing for an 1st year expansion team.

Perhaps, man. But we are the first modern franchise to not have at least one winning season (much less playoff appearance) in our first four years of existence. There is definitely not much to be proud of in our short history.

And I never said "ashamed". My choice of words was "pissed". :muscles:

SESupergenius
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I was never more P O'd than going into the start of preseason last year. I knew this team was going to be in complete shambles. Aside from all the homer writings of late from the Cron and this website, I do see a different pattern in putting a good product on the field. We still don't have the talent level to make the playoffs and I give a little cushion to a new coaching staff, new players and new schemes for us to finish in the 5-11, 6-10 range, but to me I still am totally excited on what we should see out of this team, especially the offense.

ClintonPortis26
06-26-2006, 12:57 PM
David Carr is going to be a beast, I don't know whats up with Texans fans. Everybody in America thinks David Carr can be a franchise QB except Texans fans.

Runner
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
David Carr is going to be a beast, I don't know whats up with Texans fans. Everybody in America thinks David Carr can be a franchise QB except Texans fans.

There are many reasons - some logical, some not so logical. It'll be interesting to watch him play this year, to say the least.

Familiarity breeds contempt - Mark Twain

Hardcore Texan
06-26-2006, 01:10 PM
I am extremely happy anout the things I am hearing out of David Carr. He just finished with an interview on 610am and said some good things.

-He said Kubiak is giving him alot of QB tips and tricks to recognise coverages and quickly make descisions.
_Andre is running better, faster, more aggressive routes with deternination and attitude.
-said our new rookie tackle stood up to Mario. he said it was a stand-off on the line.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have anymore info about who stood up to Mario, was it Spencer? What else was said about this, I would like to hear more of the story.

Sportsfan
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM

Was it Spencer or Winston?

Thanks for posting the summary dude.

real
06-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I believe it was spencer...this topic was mentioned in another thread

edo783
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I believe it was spencer...this topic was mentioned in another thread

That's kind of a good news, bad news thing. Good Spencer could stand up and bad that Mario didn't blow by. If it's just a time or two that's one thing, but if he constantly holds him out, that is a whole nother thing.

Vinny
06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Until the hitting is live, blocking anyone should be taken with a grain.....football is a physical sport, take out the physical part and you don't have much. We really won't know much till the end of next month.

Bobo
06-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Though I believe Carr is a decent enough QB, I could care less what somebody says. Words don't put one point on the scoreboard or complete one pass or gain one first down. The time for talking stopped a long, long time ago. I'm not impressed by words spoken to geeky, laptop-laden reporters.

cuppacoffee
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM

There is a segment of posters here who continually berate Carr..:dangit:

Many of the Texan fans here, including this poster, believe that Carr will be an exceptional qb when given the opportunity . :thumbup
That just has not happened up to this point.

The crow population will be an endangered species when this season plays itself out.:D

Makes for interesting banter while we await the season.

:coffee:

swtbound07
06-26-2006, 03:26 PM

Easy to say wait and see when its not your team your waiting on.....Man, that Jason Campbell is the next Dan Marino....you ought to play that guy every down no matter what!

jerek
06-26-2006, 03:37 PM

*cough* Vince Young *cough*

Who said that?

the wonger need food
06-26-2006, 03:38 PM

Well, we have to watch him play every week. A luxury the rest of America does not have.

srstex
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
The left tackle that handles Mario consistantly gets the job. Seth Wand, I am sure waved as he went by just like last year. But, if the name of the game is " Run The Ball First" we are in a great place, the stable is full of great talent. Smith & DD should both be outstanding this year, and if that Sherman/Kubiak line does what they are suppose to, two 1,000 yard rushers in Texans uniforms is not out if reach.

There are only two seasons in this world, football season, and the off-season.

BBQ season doesn't count, cause that's year round in Houston

jmerog
06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Mmm....BBQ :p

AFD1717
06-26-2006, 09:58 PM

I think the majority of Texans fans agree with that statement, but the ones who don't are just more vocal.

gwallaia
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM

I'm pissed too David.

Bobo
06-26-2006, 11:49 PM

Good grief, man! The franchise has only been around for four years! You act like they've been around as long as the Packers! Remember, it took the Saints more than 20 years to have a winning record so I don't know why you or anyone else for that matter would be upset about that. Four years really, really isn't that long a time.

wicked_wayz
06-27-2006, 07:43 AM
*cough* Vince Young *cough*

Who said that?

*cough* VY *cough* gonna get folded by mario *cough*

the wonger need food
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
I think the majority of Texans fans agree with that statement, but the ones who don't are just more vocal.

I believe the majority of Texans fans feel the opposite. Keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of casual fans out there who have only seen failures from this guy. They think he's a bust, not a beast. A majority of this message board might think he has potential, but this is a very small segment of the fan population.

Kaiser Toro
06-27-2006, 07:58 AM

That is because we are the only ones that watch. And for the most part even in the state of Texas it is hard to find a Texans game on Sunday unless you have the Sunday ticket.

jerek
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM

And I cannot wait to see it. This offseason is waaay too long.

I believe the majority of Texans fans feel the opposite. Keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of casual fans out there who have only seen failures from this guy. They think he's a bust, not a beast. A majority of this message board might think he has potential, but this is a very small segment of the fan population.

And there are also a "majority" of Texans fans who love the guy for his Christian/family values and long flowing hair and couldn't care less if he can throw a ball forward or not. As much as you cannot sleep at night and admit that David Carr might actually not only be a decent player but somewhat liked ... get a grip, chief.

the wonger need food
06-27-2006, 09:22 AM
And there are also a "majority" of Texans fans who love the guy for his Christian/family values and long flowing hair and couldn't care less if he can throw a ball forward or not. As much as you cannot sleep at night and admit that David Carr might actually not only be a decent player but somewhat liked ... get a grip, chief.

I talk to a lot of casual fans (actually, I consider everyone outside of this board a casual fan because they don't know nearly as much about the organization as we do) and a vast majority of them believe that Carr is a failure and a bust. Until he consistently leads his team to wins he will be considered a failure... no matter how christian or pretty he is.

bigbrewster2000
06-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Why don't you just support the team instead of popping off childish banter about our QB. No matter what sillyness you say about the guy he will still be our QB. So why don't you guys just support him until he's not?

Kaiser Toro
06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Being Christian, pretty and having long hair have as much to do with being a bad or good Qb just as being an Atheist, really good looking and balding do.

Quack, quack!

real
06-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Why don't you just support the team instead of popping off childish banter about our QB. No matter what sillyness you say about the guy he will still be our QB. So why don't you guys just support him until he's not?

Fans have a right to voice their opinion about their team...Did you support Capers & CO. till the end ?

jerek
06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
I talk to a lot of casual fans (actually, I consider everyone outside of this board a casual fan because they don't know nearly as much about the organization as we do) and a vast majority of them believe that Carr is a failure and a bust. Until he consistently leads his team to wins he will be considered a failure... no matter how christian or pretty he is.

Dude I can understand and even appreciate that but you have to understand that I'm not going to put that much credence in "your connections' take" versus mine. I too talk to a lot of people both in and even out of Texas and a lot of them think Carr is a good player with the chance to be something. And still others only know that he is that guy their girlfriend said was cute or whatever. I have talked to a lot of people within my church and elsewhere who know him more as David Carr The Family Man -- whom admittedly have only a "casual" knowledge of the game -- and root for him thusly. So for purposes of the "casual fan," certainly I would agree that there are many who, as you say, call him a bust, but to pretend that "many" means "most" or that your survey is somehow more authoritative is a bit presumptuous IMO.

I would never tell you that DC's family values or religious beliefs should have any bearing on how much he is played and how much money he plays for, but if you want to speak for the casual fan then please do not try to speak for them all.

bigbrewster2000
06-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Fans have a right to voice their opinion about their team...Did you support Capers & CO. till the end ?
I didn't quit watching for the entire season. I watched every excruciating play because I want to suport m team no matter how bad. Why? Because I want this town to be known for our great fans instead of the fair weather fans that we are. There is nothing wrong with criticizm but why is it going on in the middle of the offseason when all arrows are pointing up?

the wonger need food
06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Dude I can understand and even appreciate that but you have to understand that I'm not going to put that much credence in "your connections' take" versus mine. I too talk to a lot of people both in and even out of Texas and a lot of them think Carr is a good player with the chance to be something. And still others only know that he is that guy their girlfriend said was cute or whatever. I have talked to a lot of people within my church and elsewhere who know him more as David Carr The Family Man -- whom admittedly have only a "casual" knowledge of the game -- and root for him thusly. So for purposes of the "casual fan," certainly I would agree that there are many who, as you say, call him a bust, but to pretend that "many" means "most" or that your survey is somehow more authoritative is a bit presumptuous IMO.

I would never tell you that DC's family values or religious beliefs should have any bearing on how much he is played and how much money he plays for, but if you want to speak for the casual fan then please do not try to speak for them all.

I never claimed to have any connections or any type of authoritative survey results. Just using numbers based on my personal experiences. And those experiences tell me that a lot of people think Carr is a bust. Until he proves otherwise, he has been. The word "potential" can only take you so far. With that said, I hope he lives up to that potential and proves a lot of people wrong this season... including myself.

the wonger need food
06-27-2006, 09:46 AM

Because I'm not a real fan.

TwinSisters
06-27-2006, 09:57 AM

Yes.

Because I'm not a real fan

I knew it!

Being Christian, pretty and having long hair have as much to do with being a bad or good Qb just as being an Atheist, really good looking and balding do.

Really? No wait... Yes. No, I disagree... wait. Yes, I agree.

You know a few days ago a parade went by my window and I saw a few guys sporting #8 Texans jerseys. What does that mean? I am confused... I think. Or was I born that way? Not sure.

humbleone
06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I never claimed to have any connections or any type of authoritative survey results. Just using numbers based on my personal experiences. And those experiences tell me that a lot of people think Carr is a bust. Until he proves otherwise, he has been. The word "potential" can only take you so far. With that said, I hope he lives up to that potential and proves a lot of people wrong this season... including myself.

Let's see..."the word on Carr according to the Wonger" or Kubiak...???? :tease:

srstex
06-27-2006, 10:14 AM
When you look at the off season, let's keep in mind that the new coaching will take some adjusting, but the motivation to show the world we're better than last year will show up as well. Carr has a bad W-L ratio, and because he is the QB that STAT is on his resume', not on any other players.
It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you pick yourself up that matters, and David keeps getting up. When David smiles when he's pulling himself off the turf, it reminds me of Farve & Elway in that they love the game, and so does Carr.
8-8 would be a good season, if we were in the NFC, that might make the playoffs too.

:logo: :twocents:

Kaiser Toro
06-27-2006, 10:25 AM
It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you pick yourself up that matters, and David keeps getting up. When David smiles when he's pulling himself off the turf, it reminds me of Farve & Elway in that they love the game, and so does Carr.

I appreciate your optimism, but there are plenty of QBs in this league that get knocked down and love the game. There are few that have the resume, including our QB at this moment, of Elway and Favre outside of getting knocked down and loving the game. We need the behavior of the team and Carr to change, which are happening in my opinion.

Double Barrel
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM

Actually, wonger is not far off with my daily experiences, as well. I'm always wearing Texans gear - hats or shirts - so I'm always targeted as the Texan fan to vent on for those around me. And for the most part, Carr is taking a beating, along with the o-line.

I'm not saying the above true, but the average (casual) fan has a perception of this team that they are under-achievers. I can't speak for ALL casual fans, but for the most part, my experience with everyday folks (non-hardcore football fanatics) focuses on the QB.

This year I hope they're all proven wrong, of course. Once we start winning games, these same fans jump on the bandwagon and will sing praises for DC. Such is the way of the casual fan and the cycles of sports.

cuppacoffee
06-27-2006, 11:11 AM

What numbers, based on your personal experiences, tell you a lot of people think Carr is a bust? :hmmm:

Just how many people is "a lot of people"?

Is it possible you are going by the opinions of a few friends who may have become influenced by your incessant rantings about Carr? :rolleyes:

Just curious.

real
06-27-2006, 11:13 AM
What numbers, based on your personal experiences, tell you a lot of people think Carr is a bust? :hmmm:

Is it possible you are going by the opinions of a few friends who may have become influenced by your incessant rantings about Carr? :rolleyes:

Just curious.

I agree with him...most people outside of the message board that I have talked Texans with despise Carr....Honestly, I haven't met too many people who think highly of Carr...:tease:

jerek
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Actually, wonger is not far off with my daily experiences, as well. I'm always wearing Texans gear - hats or shirts - so I'm always targeted as the Texan fan to vent on for those around me. And for the most part, Carr is taking a beating, along with the o-line.

I'm not saying the above true, but the average (casual) fan has a perception of this team that they are under-achievers. I can't speak for ALL casual fans, but for the most part, my experience with everyday folks (non-hardcore football fanatics) focuses on the QB.

This year I hope they're all proven wrong, of course. Once we start winning games, these same fans jump on the bandwagon and will sing praises for DC. Such is the way of the casual fan and the cycles of sports.

True, though I still -- what, two months after the fact? -- field the "why did you pass on Bush" rhetoric far more often than anything to do with Carr.

Prior to that, it was equal parts bad O-line, Carr sucks, with a little Capers-is-a-moron thrown in for good measure. For every "casual fan" who did not think highly of Carr, I have encountered another that likes him because he is a good, God-fearing family man. Again, that doesn't particularly have much to do with football, but these people watch Texans games and root for David Carr's success because of it.

Double Barrel
06-27-2006, 12:03 PM
True, though I still -- what, two months after the fact? -- field the "why did you pass on Bush" rhetoric far more often than anything to do with Carr.

Prior to that, it was equal parts bad O-line, Carr sucks, with a little Capers-is-a-moron thrown in for good measure. For every "casual fan" who did not think highly of Carr, I have encountered another that likes him because he is a good, God-fearing family man. Again, that doesn't particularly have much to do with football, but these people watch Texans games and root for David Carr's success because of it.

oh, no doubt about the first part. I still get put in the position of defending that "dumb f decision" (as it's put to me), like I'm the one that made the pick!

From my work associates, clients, vendors, truck driver, neighbors, family, etc., almost to a person they have these misconceptions of our team. I'm sure 2-14 makes them an easy target for a lot of criticism, but I think the media's drum beat has gotten a lot of folks marching in the wrong direction.

That's alright, though, because when Kubiak & Co. turn this ship around, I'll be smiling my arse off with a "told you so" look in my eyes. (actually, I'll be saying "I told you so" to a lot of people, too!)

I could honestly care less what a casual fan thinks about the team or my undying support for the cause. They can pick on me all they want, but I'm silently taking names. I'll happily remove that new Texans hat that they'll proudly sport when we're in the playoffs. Chumps. :cool:

jerek
06-27-2006, 12:22 PM
oh, no doubt about the first part. I still get put in the position of defending that "dumb f decision" (as it's put to me), like I'm the one that made the pick!

From my work associates, clients, vendors, truck driver, neighbors, family, etc., almost to a person they have these misconceptions of our team. I'm sure 2-14 makes them an easy target for a lot of criticism, but I think the media's drum beat has gotten a lot of folks marching in the wrong direction.

That's alright, though, because when Kubiak & Co. turn this ship around, I'll be smiling my arse off with a "told you so" look in my eyes. (actually, I'll be saying "I told you so" to a lot of people, too!)

I could honestly care less what a casual fan thinks about the team or my undying support for the cause. They can pick on me all they want, but I'm silently taking names. I'll happily remove that new Texans hat that they'll proudly sport when we're in the playoffs. Chumps. :cool:

Agreed.

the wonger need food
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM

Just curious.

How many people? I would say at least 100, from all walks of life. From co-workers to clients to the UPS guys to my grandparents (btw... my grandmother hates Carr and simply calls him "that pretty boy !#@#$$@") to the guy in front of me in line at the theatre. I wear some form of Texans gear almost everyday so it's a conversation that I've had several times. Until we drafted Mario, all anyone really wanted to talk about was how bad Carr is.

Personally, I couldn't care less what Joe Bandwagon Fan thinks or says and I have formed my own opinions of Carr based on watching him take hundreds of snaps and looking like an NFL quarterback on very few of those.

MorKnolle
06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I have talked with many people both from Houston and some from outside of Houston. In terms of sheer numbers the majority of people probably have a more negative opinion of Carr, although at the same time most of them acknowledge that, while Carr has not performed up to standards thusfar, he has the talent to be a very good QB if he's given the proper tools to succeed, especially among the people that have shown some evidence of good football knowledge.

bayoudreamn
06-27-2006, 08:25 PM

The "casual fan" also has a tendency to have a very strong opinion and to be completely incapable of supporting it when challenged. The "starry eyed" casual fan.....it takes all kinds.

Tale Gator
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
"Everyone has a chip - he said 'they are pissed' "
_____

The Texans need this type of attitude -- no doubt. :cool:

AFD1717
06-27-2006, 09:36 PM

Most people I talk to just think Carr has been mishandled and never really given a chance. He was the face of a new franchise as a rookie with the hopes of an entire city that had been deprived of pro football for years on his shoulders. He wasn't given a year to hold the clipboard, but was instead thrown to the wolves by a defensive minded coach behind the worst offensive line in the history of the game. Everyone I talk to isn't necessarily a Carr supporter, but they see his ability and are all interested to see if he is any good because we honestly have no idea.

BigDTexansFan
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM

folded nothing, he will get folded put in an envelope and mailed back to his momma :drool:

BigDTexansFan
06-27-2006, 11:26 PM

because then the prophets of DOOM, would have nothing to whine & B--ch about. This is their joy life to be an I told you so, oh well I wasn't wrong he got lucky....I will say it if no one else will....David Carr detractors you sound..."LIKE A BUNCH OF WHINY-ASS DALLAS COWBOYS FANS"

Vinny
06-28-2006, 12:13 AM
because then the prophets of DOOM, would have nothing to whine & B--ch about. This is their joy life to be an I told you so, oh well I wasn't wrong he got lucky....I will say it if no one else will....David Carr detractors you sound..."LIKE A BUNCH OF WHINY-ASS DALLAS COWBOYS FANS"
Frankly, this is a football message board so I think it is natural to pick apart your 'Franchise QB' in year 5 if he has struggled to date and the coach pretty much stated that we go how David goes. I think many people have many different opinions and this is the place to share them and debate them. Ok, that's my Mr Obvious moment of the day.

texan279
06-28-2006, 12:56 AM

I am probably one of the biggest Carr backers here, but why call someone who criticizes Carr names? We are here to discuss our team, whether we agree on things or not, no need for name calling. Frankly I welcome some of the negative criticism, makes for good debate/discussions.

thunderkyss
06-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Good post Texan279....

It's not that we don't think he can be........ but the fact that he aint.

I was a Jon Kitna fan 'til recently..... I thought he was a smart BretFavre, and he and Holmegren were going to turn Seattle into the sports Mecca of the world..... I cut him slack through his first two/three years..... After the 2000 season, I agreed with Holmegren, that it was time for Kitna to move on...... I followed him to Cincinnatti, thinking that's where Kitna would turn it around.... well, that didn't happen either.

All the while, I called myself a fan, because I liked the kid. I thought he had potential to be one of the greats... But I was never shy about pointing out his weeknessess...... There are things that all players need to work on. Some are glaring.... if your guy keeps doing the same things game after game, year after year... what are we supposed to do??

Kitna never got the good faith Carr has been afforded..... I don't know why. I know many fans who'd take Kitna for Carr straight up..... well, I know one.

I honestly think David needs to move on... I think that would be what he needs to turn his carreer around..... & it does need to be turned around. If I were David, I would have been looking for a new place to call home, and I would have let it be known that that is what I wanted to do.

Bringing in Kubiak & Sherman may have been enough for Carr to decide to stay..... who knows.... But technically, we have done nothing as far as protecting Carr, that we haven't done before....... we've played musical gaurd, we've brought in "veteran" players...... so far, to me it looks like 4 of our starters on Sept10, will be guys who started on our line in 2005(& I think that is the right thing to do)...... If I were David, I'd be afraid......... I'd be very afraid.....

Most of the folks I talk to think David will be fine, if we could ever protect him...... to me, those are the casual fans, who don't know much about football. Or they are the kind of fan who would be happy with a Hasselback, Kitna, Delhomme, Dilfer..... Or the best of that type, DrewBledsoe......

a puppet, a busdriver...... a system QB...... nothing wrong with that, but I don't think they'll ever be great QBs.... Drew might have been great in NewEngland, if that Brady guy didn't bring them three Lombardis......

So what....... am I a David Carr fan?? hmmmmm.....

I believe the Texans can go 13-3..... David will have to be a big part of that. I'll be rooting for the Texans to be 13-3.... I'll be rooting for David to take us there.

And that's all I have to say..... about that.

TwinSisters
06-28-2006, 02:43 AM
And that's all I have to say..... about that.

:penalty: False post. 5 Yards

thunderkyss
06-28-2006, 04:06 AM
at this time

edo783
06-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Most people I talk to just think Carr has been mishandled

THAT is the most common thing I have run onto in my discussions with fans elswhere (I travel a bit). A typical thing might be "What the heck are you guys doing, trying to ruin a good QB, get the man some lineman/protection". Can't begin to tell you how many times something along thos line have come up in conversations.

cuppacoffee
06-28-2006, 11:03 AM
How many people?

I would say at least 100

co-workers

clients

UPS guys

my grandparents (btw... my grandmother hates Carr and simply calls him "that pretty boy !#@#$$@")

the guy in front of me in line at the theatre.

Sounds like a scientific survey to me. Guess everybody does hate Carr.

Grandma sounds kinda salty..I like that in a grandma.:D

I'll be glad when the season starts and we have games to cuss/discuss.

Double Barrel
06-28-2006, 12:13 PM
The "casual fan" also has a tendency to have a very strong opinion and to be completely incapable of supporting it when challenged. The "starry eyed" casual fan.....it takes all kinds.

yep. But never let facts get in the way of a good misconception. That "starry eyed casual fan" quickly turns into "glazed eyed casual fan" when you start spouting off football stats and history of schemes, etc.

Most people want to support a winning team, and kick losing teams when they're down.

Nobody wants to be associated with a loser...well, except us hardcore fanatics. :redtowel:

TwinSisters
06-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Nobody wants to be associated with a loser...well, except us hardcore fanatics. :redtowel:

And the corps that is up for the antics of the core of hard fans.

I'm a Texan. :logo:

TexanFanInCC
06-28-2006, 02:15 PM

while some of that may be true and hopefully it will translate into more wins, the media will ALWAYS promote the local franchises. i want to believe them, but its not that easy. i remember after the 2000-2001 rockets season when they barely missed the playoffs. the very next season they had glen rice and they were promoting that "this year, theyre better(the rockets)" well ultimately they were one of the worst teams in the NBA. while some of what is said may be true and accurate, i know that the media in htown wont tell all the truth because all they want is to see people go through the turnstiles at reliant. i, for one, am an optimist, and so i do actually think that the kube factor will take carr to the next level. he has the goods. now that he has a coach with credibility and a proven track record of working with average QB's to make them great under his belt. lets see come preseason.... :redtowel:

threetoedpete
07-01-2006, 02:12 AM
That's kind of a good news, bad news thing. Good Spencer could stand up and bad that Mario didn't blow by. If it's just a time or two that's one thing, but if he constantly holds him out, that is a whole nother thing.
Spencer's a pretty good Athlete himself. If he is putting Atlas to the test , that's a good thing. Not many Marylands on that opening schedule this year. I want to see Atlas making more than one move the first preseason game, that will tell me he is working hard. When we see the "Hump" move, and not just the deep and speed by move....we'll know that we DID get the goods in the draft.