PDA

View Full Version : Omar Jacobs, a shot at glory

DominickDavisFan76
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Well with the recent injury to Big Ben, I believe that this was a message from god and that message is that Omar Jacobs should start for the Steelers.

I mean he has the ability to be a starter, and plus Big Ben might not be ready for preseason or the season opener. I have seen Omar play and I know with one shot I think he can earn that starting job right from under Roethlisberger's nose.

And I am a guy of myths and I know that there are QBs out there that have been great...and have been taken late in the draft...(just like Omar Jacobs.)
The QBs that I am thinking of are Tom Brady (3 Rings), Matt Hasselbeck (went to the Super Bowl) and I am sure their are plenty others but those are just the two that I know off the top of my head.

So with all that do u guys think that Omar Jacobs could get the starting job if he proves himself in preseason and mini-camp.

swtbound07
06-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Well with the recent injury to Big Ben, I believe that this was a message from god and that message is that Omar Jacobs should start for the Steelers.

I mean he has the ability to be a starter, and plus Big Ben might not be ready for preseason or the season opener. I have seen Omar play and I know with one shot I think he can earn that starting job right from under Roethlisberger's nose.

And I am a guy of myths and I know that there are QBs out there that have been great...and have been taken late in the draft...(just like Omar Jacobs.)
The QBs that I am thinking of are Tom Brady (3 Rings), Matt Hasselbeck (went to the Super Bowl) and I am sure their are plenty others but those are just the two that I know off the top of my head.

So with all that do u guys think that Omar Jacobs could get the starting job if he proves himself in preseason and mini-camp.

God...Isnt....Concerned....About.....FOOTBALL.

Texan Asylum
06-24-2006, 02:25 PM
God...Isnt....Concerned....About.....FOOTBALL.
Well said!

DominickDavisFan76
06-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Okay well.... whatever maybe next year.

Hutch13
06-25-2006, 04:33 AM
No way he starts if big ben isnt ready they would start Batch or sign a veteran like Collins

YoungTexanFan
06-25-2006, 05:26 AM
I think Jacobs is better than Vince, but he isn't ready to start yet. He needs time to develop. Batch will start over him this year. Not every team starts a rookie QB, just us.

Texan Asylum
06-25-2006, 09:31 AM
I bought a pack of "Press Pass 2006" football cards yesterday and pulled an Omar Jacobs insert card out of it. It's the "Big Numbers" card, 3 of 33. Perhaps this chunk of cardboard will turn into gold. :rolleyes: Pulled a Matt Leinart rookie card out of the same pack, would bet it'll achieve monetary status before the previous.:cool:

chuckm
06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
I chose other .... he very well may have the poise and talent to start but unless Ben's injuries linger, he starts for the forseeable future

MorKnolle
06-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Other: He is one of if not my favorite QB in this draft and I think he could end up being the best QB to come out of it, but I don't think he's ready to start yet. While Pittsburgh is a relatively QB-friendly system in which they are not required to shoulder a ton of the load, I still don't think he should start this year. I personally was hoping he'd go to a team like the Cardinals, Lions, or someone else like that who have talented WRs and have use for a gun-slinging QB that wants to throw the ball a ton.

TexanFan881
06-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Big Ben is the starter and will be the starter for many years. If nothing plagues Big Ben Omar Jacobs will be nothing but a #2 or #3 QB for his career, unless he is traded. It's not like injuries haven't taken there toll on their starting QBs and when that happens a young QB steps up to the plate...Roethlisberger led the to the Super Bowl last year, why would they change QB's?