PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak vs US

Ibar_Harry
06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
We have been thinking we are worried about the RB position and DD. Out comes a statement from Kubiak that he thinks we have a really talented group of young men at RB. We think we have problems with our CB's and Kubiak thinks we have a talented group of young men and thinks PBUS will be just fine. Many feel we are not done in FA. Perhaps anything that is done will be a surprise.

If you take the view that the Titans and NO are trying to hold us up that just might be the case. Since the end of OTA's there certainly hasn't been much information flowing through to the public, but the public has been speculating a lot. May be the Texans are happy with what they have seen so far and want to see some pad work before making any moves. It appears we still haven't signed anyone other than Mario from the draft. Once that is out of the way they would more likely know what's left in the tank.

Basically it appears to me the Texans feel they are set with adequate players at every position. I think we will only make a move that brings in obvious talent. For example, I suspect if Ty Law suddently said I would like to be a Texan we probably would entertain the thought as he would be an upgrade. Perhapes the back from the Bears would be an upgrade. I think from this point forward any money grabber - if I may use that word loosely - will have to be considered an upgrade. I don't think we will pay for someone who isn't.

Vinny
06-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I think they should send scouts to more bowling alleys

Ibar_Harry
06-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I think they should send scouts to more bowling alleys

Yep, they might find someone better than BJ.

Double Barrel
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
With 90 somethin' players on our current roster, I sure hope they've got some players on there that can step up! We'll cut about half of them by the beginning of the season, so this pre-season will probably be the most interesting one we've had to date.

I think Coach Kubiak's attitude is right on track with the Denver model, believing that a good, solid o-line with a decent RB can produce a consistent running game more than a single superstar could.

kcwilson
06-23-2006, 05:48 PM
With 90 somethin' players on our current roster, I sure hope they've got some players on there that can step up! We'll cut about half of them by the beginning of the season, so this pre-season will probably be the most interesting one we've had to date.

I think Coach Kubiak's attitude is right on track with the Denver model, believing that a good, solid o-line with a decent RB can produce a consistent running game more than a single superstar could.

I think it is safe to say that there will be a slew of LBs cut before the season, we have so many of them and only so many seem to have a viable chance at PT. I think we cut Terry Pierce already, so there will be probably a few more released.

I wonder how serious the team is with the two veteran lineman we brought in... Salaam and Loverne. With Winston and Spencer waiting in the wings, I bet one of the vets is out, probably Loverne.