PDA

View Full Version : June 21 ESPN Power Rankings

blockhead83
06-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=0)

Everyone always bashes power rankings, and I agree they're worthless, but it gives us a good gauge of the national outlook on our team. We're 30/32, so based on last year's record, we're 2 spots higher than we should be. Looks like some writers at ESPN still haven't come to grips that Mario was the better choice for us.

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Looks like some writers at ESPN still haven't come to grips that Mario was the better choice for us.

That's annoying for me. Mario will improve our team better than Reggie would.

Otherwise we'd probably be up at about 22 or 23.

Double Barrel
06-21-2006, 04:28 PM
It doesn't surprise me. I don't necessarily agree with the rankings, but I can understand why they've got us so low. We get no respect, nor do we deserve any at this point. You earn respect in the NFL by winning games. And we have yet to win more than we lose in a season. These rankings (and lack of respect) are a reflection of that attitude.

Personally, I think we're somewhere in the 15-20 range at this point, but that's only blind optimistic speculation on my part.

Malloy
06-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Personally, I think we're somewhere in the 15-20 range at this point, but that's only blind optimistic speculation on my part.

That's all we have at the moment, keep that speculation coming! :)

TexanSam
06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I can see us being at number 30. We had the worst team in the league right now, and even with our offseason moves, until we actually win games we are still going to be ranked at the bottom.

On a different note. If Domanick Davis can't stay healthy, it sure would have been nice seeing Bush as a Texan. I'm a Mario Williams fan, don't get me wrong, but without DD, running back would be a need position.

Insideop
06-21-2006, 10:52 PM
It doesn't surprise me. I don't necessarily agree with the rankings, but I can understand why they've got us so low. We get no respect, nor do we deserve any at this point. You earn respect in the NFL by winning games. And we have yet to win more than we lose in a season. These rankings (and lack of respect) are a reflection of that attitude.

I agree DB with everything you said here. I guess I'm blind too! :spot: :spot:

TexansLucky13
06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
without DD, running back would be a need position.

I disagree. Morency did excellent last year when he was filling in for DD and Wells. Also, we did snag up Antowain Smith, who picked up a couple SB rings with the Pats. I love DD as much as all of us.... but we have reliable backups. It's always nice to have an injury-immune starter.... but things dont come easy for us Texans.

Hulk75
06-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Good put us at #32, we will sneak up on people.............Hey people we suck, dont study hard Okay:cool:

Texans_Chick
06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I can see us being at number 30. We had the worst team in the league right now, and even with our offseason moves, until we actually win games we are still going to be ranked at the bottom.

On a different note. If Domanick Davis can't stay healthy, it sure would have been nice seeing Bush as a Texan. I'm a Mario Williams fan, don't get me wrong, but without DD, running back would be a need position.

Bush is not a Denver style back. A Denver back does not require breakaway speed. They don't require the ability to juke defenders in the backfield. Could they use him? Sure.

But why spend that much money at the running back position, if you can get a cheaper back to do the stuff you want to do in your system? Especially when last year's defense was dog dirt and needed help switching to the 4-3.

Corrosion
06-22-2006, 01:41 AM
I dont care about these rankings put together by some media type . Not like they know a d@&* thing about football anyway . They have to write something ....

Talk to me come week 17 and we'll see where we stand .:stirpot:

the wonger need food
06-22-2006, 08:38 AM
YEAH we need to earn the respect to go up in rankings, but with espn they do not like any Texas teams. :brickwall

They like the Cowboys plenty.

New_Texans
06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
They like the Cowboys plenty.

No they like Jerry Jones and Terrel Owens (TerrelOwens.com)

Vambo, the Marble Eye
06-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I just don't see any "shockers" here. This poll looks like something a pandering politician would put out there to get votes...

My guess is that the author is selling a list under the label of "power" which offers the same value to the reader that "new or improved" claims offer in dishwasher soap.

(or perhaps he is trying to dump his timeshare in Seatle, not sure which)
:cool: