PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Dolphins

aquafin
06-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Hello Texans....

Here is a few reasons why I am very excited about the coming season...

1-Ronnie Brown(RB)...rushed for nearly 1000 yards as rookie even while sharing time with Ricky. Just give Ronnie half of Ricky's 700 yards and that puts him around 1,300 yards. Ronnie is young, durable, and we have not remotely seen the best of him. What is more..Miami upgraded the offensive line and also added FB Fred Beasley to help block for Ronnie.

2-Channing Crowder(LB)....came out of college as a sophmore to turn pro. That almost never happens in football. 2nd on team in tackles in rookie season. Saban says he has the potential to be a very special player. He has showed flashes of this already. Was perhaps the steal of last years draft.

3-Daunte Culpepper(QB)...is this an upgrade from Gus Frerotte or what? Multi-pro bowler and former MVP with highest completion % in NFL history. Still fairly young at age 29. New team and coaches should breathe new life into this great QB. Plus he wants a ring. Lots of upside and very little downside considering he takes over for Frerotte.

4-Nick Saban

5-Wide receivers......upgraded via the 2006 draft. Anchored by pro bowler Chris Chambers.

6-Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas on Defense.

7-Solid kicking game with Olindo Mare.....quietly kicking his way into the hall of fame. Very quietly might I add.

8-Currently sitting on a 6 game winning streak.

9-1st round pick Jason Allen(DB) will be interesting to watch. Will be a starter from day 1.

Will miss Sage Rosenfels as backup QB. Way to go Texans! You guys will be pleasantly surprised with Sage. I was hoping he would start for us this year...but Saban had the chance to pick up a big name QB and he did. I think he was already looking at Culpepper, Brees, and Harrington when it was determined that Miami couldn't afford to keep Sage. That was purely business.

AFD1717
06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear it.

Scottyboy
06-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks Dolphin Fan, I agree. Miami has made some very good changes, although your stuck with Dom Capers. LOL. yet, he is a decent asst.

Sage was a good p/u as well. Much better then Banks or Ragone!

Best of luck to ya'll on the upcoming season. I think ya'll will go 11-5 or 10-6

the wonger need food
06-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Here is one reason why I am excited about the upcoming season...

1.) 2-0 against the Dolphins.

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 09:54 PM
First off good luck to you this year :thumbup

You guys have had a great offseason so far. Daunte Culpepper was a great pick up as you guys never really had a QB to count on last year. Chris Chambers and Marty Booker are two recievers that can get the job done. That will open up the running game and Ronnie Brown will be explosive this year. Your team is going to be fun to watch this year. Hopefully we won't face you in the playoffs :)

infantrycak
06-20-2006, 10:02 PM
3-Daunte Culpepper(QB)...is this an upgrade from Gus Frerotte or what? Multi-pro bowler and former MVP

He should be an upgrade, but he wasn't MVP.

Kurt Warner, QB - St. Louis Rams
Marshall Faulk, RB - St. Louis Rams
Kurt Warner, QB - St. Louis Rams
Rich Gannon, QB - Oakland Raiders
Peyton Manning, QB - Indianapolis Colts
Steve McNair, QB - Tennessee Titans (tie)
Peyton Manning, QB - Indianapolis Colts
Shaun Alexander, RB - Seattle Seahawks

TexansLucky13
06-20-2006, 11:09 PM
I agree that the Dolphins will have a singificantly better team this year. Dom Capers is rock solid if you want an extremely conservative Defensive minded kind of guy.... and I think you will be pleased with him at DC.

As for next seasons rivals, all I have to say is to watch out for a certain safety who is back in action for '06.

"Rodney Harrison is back, and hell came with him!"

You have managed to beat the Pats time and time again... but make sure Daunte knows who Rodney is, and what he can do. I have been a Patriots fan since before the Texans existed, and I did not like some of BBs changed for this year. But look out for them... Maroney, Faulk and Dillon may take a walk down the field if you let them.

thetexanator
06-20-2006, 11:24 PM
dolphins.......................................... ..........super bowl contenders?????:spy:

Hutch13
06-21-2006, 01:06 AM
well i wish you the best of luck you have the most underrated WR in chris chambers who will hopefully get some publicity this season

powerfuldragon
06-21-2006, 11:56 AM
dolphins.......................................... ..........super bowl contenders?????:spy:
not yet.