PDA

View Full Version : which of these available RB would you prefer we get????

wicked_wayz
06-20-2006, 08:48 AM
hey thought i'd post a new thread on which running back would you prefer we get.... candidates are bennett, thomas jones, tj duckett (i think he's available this year) and chris brown...these are all the top available RB via trade or free agancy

i myself would have to go with chris brown cause he can be quite a brusing RB for this franchise...he and DD would be a nice 1, 2 punch combination...and plus i'd like to see an ex titans player score a Touch down against them:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

infantrycak
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Need a price attached to each to make a decision.

bigbrewster2000
06-20-2006, 08:55 AM
None of these guys are technically available. There is a fair chance we could make a trade with NO but unfortunately I think there is little to no chance that we would be able to make a trade for anyone else. The Titans will probably not do anything to help us out and Thomas Jones will be way to expensive in a trade. I am not sure but I think I have heard that the Bears would want a 1st round pick. None of these guys are free agents.

wicked_wayz
06-20-2006, 09:48 AM
None of these guys are technically available. There is a fair chance we could make a trade with NO but unfortunately I think there is little to no chance that we would be able to make a trade for anyone else. The Titans will probably not do anything to help us out and Thomas Jones will be way to expensive in a trade. I am not sure but I think I have heard that the Bears would want a 1st round pick. None of these guys are free agents.

im not saying that we would or could get them....im just saying that if we could get one of them, which one would you prefer?

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Chris Brown would make a good 1-2 punch but I like Bennett. His speed and breakaway ability is perfect for our offense.

HOOK'EM
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM
I didn't realize Duckett was available? I would either take Duckett or Bennett. Brown is hurt ALL the time, he might be hurt more than Fragile Fred w/ Jacksonville.

DRAMA
06-20-2006, 11:26 AM
For me, if Chris Brown is healthy? Hands down!

Texans86
06-20-2006, 11:44 AM
All trades being equal, Thomas Jones in a heartbeat. Sure he got off to a slow start in his career, but he showed something last year. I'll take his young legs any day.

El Tejano
06-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I want a dude that can break the homerun TD run.

syberlan
06-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I would stick with what we have in camp and drafted. The NO trade seems to me to be more about having about 37 LBs on the roster when we are switching to the 4-3. Bennet is a good back, but every team knows we have a surplus at LB and can wait on us to make cuts before grabbing one the easy way. I like the four top RBs: Davis, Morency, Smith and Wali World, especially if DD is ready by September. Trading away at any other position or draft picks doesn't seem like the way to go.

trane
06-20-2006, 03:04 PM
hey thought i'd post a new thread on which running back would you prefer we get.... candidates are bennett, thomas jones, tj duckett (i think he's available this year) and chris brown...these are all the top available RB via trade or free agancy

i myself would have to go with chris brown cause he can be quite a brusing RB for this franchise...he and DD would be a nice 1, 2 punch combination...and plus i'd like to see an ex titans player score a Touch down against them:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Chris Brown is probably more fragile than DD. We don't need that. Thomas Jones reminds me of Terrell Davis and he would be a good fit but he would definitely want to start and may cause problems. So my vote is Michael Bennett.

real
06-20-2006, 03:08 PM
I think that if we did get thomas jones he SHOULD start...

Scottyboy
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Holly Jeeezzz....

Everyday someone starts a new thread about a New HB for the team!
Argh! :homer:

I can almost guanrtee we go into the season with the same backs we have now and drafted. Stop starting threads about us in Talks with Brown, and
TJ Duckett??? Come on, do you honestly think we're gonna get the guys?

Expect a last min change On the O.Line, other then that only changes IMO will be on the Defence.

wicked_wayz
06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Holly Jeeezzz....

Everyday someone starts a new thread about a New HB for the team!
Argh! :homer:

I can almost guanrtee we go into the season with the same backs we have now and drafted. Stop starting threads about us in Talks with Brown, and
TJ Duckett??? Come on, do you honestly think we're gonna get the guys?

Expect a last min change On the O.Line, other then that only changes IMO will be on the Defence.

holy jeeezzzz if u don't like threads about getting a new HB then don't post a reply.......i didn't say we were gonig to get them i was just asking which one of them would you prefer sheeeeezzzzzz

TexanSam
06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I think Domanick Davis can be a top 10 running back, but if I had choose between them I would take Thomas Jones. He wouldn't like being second fiddle though to DD, just like he doesn't want to be second behind Cedric Benson in Chicago.

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 10:22 PM

LOL

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I want a dude that can break the homerun TD run.

michael bennett...:)

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
holy jeeezzzz if u don't like threads about getting a new HB then don't post a reply.......i didn't say we were gonig to get them i was just asking which one of them would you prefer sheeeeezzzzzz

hehehe.....are you two married?

12Gage
06-20-2006, 10:38 PM
All trades being equal, Thomas Jones in a heartbeat. Sure he got off to a slow start in his career, but he showed something last year. I'll take his young legs any day.
Ummmm, Jones is the oldest out of those 4 players.

infantrycak
06-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Ummmm, Jones is the oldest out of those 4 players.

Not quite--Bennett has him by a week. Jones did come into the league a year earlier.

Bennett 8/13/78
Ducket 2/81
Jones 8/19/78
Brown 4/81

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Not quite--Bennett has him by a week. Jones did come into the league a year earlier.

Bennett 8/13/78
Ducket 2/81
Jones 8/19/78
Brown 4/81

So basically they're all young :) 27 is the oldest as of now, that's young, and the peak of most careers.

J-Storm
06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
1st choice - Michael Bennett
2nd choice - Chris Brown
3rd choice - Thomas Jones
4th choice - TJ Duckett

That's if the money was right to sign these guys and their health was at their best...

mexican_texan
06-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Stephen Davis is available...:spy:

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Stephen Davis is available...:spy:

You know, I mentioned him in one of my posts a couple weeks ago, and I would really like to see us give him a shot. Antowain Smith a power runner? Heck, release him and lets get Stephen Davis to do that job for us. Then lets get Michael Bennett and have the best trio of RBs in the league :redtowel:

Hey, can't a man dream :) :pigfly:

mexican_texan
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM
You know, I mentioned him in one of my posts a couple weeks ago, and I would really like to see us give him a shot. Antowain Smith a power runner? Heck, release him and lets get Stephen Davis to do that job for us. Then lets get Michael Bennett and have the best trio of RBs in the league :redtowel:

Hey, can't a man dream :) :pigfly:
That's the only reason I remembered him...but don't tell anytone...:spy: Didn't he have a 3 TD game last season?

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 01:37 AM
That's the only reason I remembered him...but don't tell anytone...:spy: Didn't he have a 3 TD game last season?

Right at the beginning of the year I think, I can't remember who it was against, but I know he did because he was on my fantasy football team last year :spy: He fell apart at the end of the year with injuries and a low YPC but he would be great for us as a situational runner.

12Gage
06-21-2006, 02:18 AM

Bennett 8/13/78
Ducket 2/81
Jones 8/19/78
Brown 4/81
That's true, but since he's been in the league the longest, I considered him the oldest.

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
That's true, but since he's been in the league the longest, I considered him the oldest.

Exactly. I'm sure you were talking about football years :stirpot: