PDA

View Full Version : Position battles going into training camp?

TexanSam
06-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Which position battles do you think will have the most competition in training camp and preseason?

2nd/3rd Cornerback:
By all means, Philip Buchanan is a tremendous underachiever so far in his NFL career. That's not to say he doesn't have talent, which he does, but he hasn't put it all together. Between him, Demarcus Faggins, and maybe Chris McKenzie it'll be a pretty good battle. Faggins didn't look like a starting CB most of the time last year (IMO), but our whole team was terrible. I don't remember seeing McKenzie a whole lot last year, so if any of you can fill me in on him it would be appreciated.

Left Tackles
I think Ephraim Salaam will win the LT position. He's more experienced than the other candidates. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wand won it though. It seems that the coaches are very high on Wand so that is a plus. Neither Winston or Spencer will be starters as rookies. I think Spencer will become a guard instead of a tackle while Winston will learn from the veterans. The way our O-line has played since 2001, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a rookie starting even with the new coaching staff.

Tight End
Thanks to bayoudreamn for reminding me of the depth we have at this position. Mark Bruener. Jeb Putzier. Bennie Joppru. Owen Daniels. Holy geez, we actuallly will be utilizing tight ends in our offense! I don't know if we'll actually have a regular starter in this position. If we want to spread the offense more, then Putzier seems like the man to do it. If we want to run the ball then Bruener seems like the man. I think it just depends on the gameplan. We don't know what we'll get out of Bennie Joppru. It's been over 3 years since he played in a real game, and that was in college. In essence, he's a veteran rookie. Owen Daniels was the first pick of the 2nd day I believe. What will we get out of him? Is he a pass catcher? A blocker? I haven't seen many articles mentioning him. Bruener and Putzier are locks, and no matter how well Joppru or Daniels play, I don't think either of them will get higher than 3rd on the depth chart starting the season.

Those are my top two. Linebacker could also be added. I hope DeMeco Ryans proves to be a huge asset to the LB corps. He sounds like a quality individual. What battles are you looking forward too?

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Which position battles do you think will have the most competition in training camp and preseason?

2nd/3rd Cornerback:
By all means, Philip Buchanan is a tremendous underachiever so far in his NFL career. That's not to say he doesn't have talent, which he does, but he hasn't put it all together. Between him, Demarcus Faggins, and maybe Chris McKenzie it'll be a pretty good battle. Faggins didn't look like a starting CB most of the time last year (IMO), but our whole team was terrible. I don't remember seeing McKenzie a whole lot last year, so if any of you can fill me in on him it would be appreciated.

Left Tackles
I think Ephraim Salaam will win the LT position. He's more experienced than the other candidates. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wand won it though. It seems that the coaches are very high on Wand so that is a plus. Neither Winston or Spencer will be starters as rookies. I think Spencer will become a guard instead of a tackle while Winston will learn from the veterans. The way our O-line has played since 2001, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a rookie starting even with the new coaching staff.

Those are my top two. Linebacker could also be added. I hope DeMeco Ryans proves to be a huge asset to the LB corps. He sounds like a quality individual. What battles are you looking forward too?

I think the LBs will have the "most competition" because I don't think any one of those spots is locked, yet. On the Oline, the left tackle may be the biggest concern, but it looks locked. I think there's competition at CB but no clear favorite.

TexanSam
06-20-2006, 12:23 AM
I think the LBs will have the "most competition" because I don't think any one of those spots is locked, yet. On the Oline, the left tackle may be the biggest concern, but it looks locked. I think there's competition at CB but no clear favorite.

Who do you think has the inside track for LT?

LORK 88
06-20-2006, 12:24 AM
coaching staff is real big on giving Wand a 2nd chance at starting, and we have Pitts who could switch over if need be. Other battles to watch will be: LB, 4th and 5th WR, and the entire TE depth just to name afew. Im just glad we have some serious competition this year at camp, it will make things real interesting.

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 12:26 AM

Wand. And maybe he deserves it. I really find it hard to evaluate this team. More and more it looks like we need to give the "old guard" a chance as more and more negatives come out about the old coaching staff. Could it be that they were as bad as many are now saying?

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Wand. And maybe he deserves it. I really find it hard to evaluate this team. More and more it looks like we need to give the "old guard" a chance as more and more negatives come out about the old coaching staff. Could it be that they were as bad as many are now saying?

Football preview magazines don't even mention our TEs. They list Bruener as the starter and make no comment. I think it'll be one of our strengths.

TexanSam
06-20-2006, 12:34 AM

I agree. It's close to impossible some positions. Wand looked terrible the year he started. But our coaching staff was inept. So was it Wand who sucked? Was it the coaching staff's fault? Both? The same could be said for a lot of players.

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 12:48 AM
I agree. It's close to impossible some positions. Wand looked terrible the year he started. But our coaching staff was inept. So was it Wand who sucked? Was it the coaching staff's fault? Both? The same could be said for a lot of players.

Ok. I agree. So to take the question further, I was looking at preview mags today, and they listed all the stats from last year and we were in the bottom fifth of the league in all but like two stats (for special teams). So, I figure we move up 12 spots in every category because we've made changes to virtually every position and they all look pretty much like upgrades....not to make that statement too general but I don't wanta type forever to be specific.
Anyway, I looked at several teams on our schedule and our draft is rated higher than all of 'em. There's only, like Indy, Jax, Wash, Miami, and NYG on our schedule that I don't know that we can win. I figure we go .500 with them. I figure that gives us a pretty good chance for a winning season.

infantrycak
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Left Tackles
I think Ephraim Salaam will win the LT position. He's more experienced than the other candidates.

Salaam IMO is this year's Victor Riley or Marcus Spears--the vet brought in as a back up. In his last year as a starter at LT he gave up 7 sacks in 12 games with 7 penalties (5 holding). Last year he started 2 games (Leftwich was sacked 8 times in those two games--surely not all Salaam's fault) before being benched and then waived prior to the end of the season.

bigbrewster2000
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM

2nd/3rd Cornerback:

Left Tackles

Tight End
Thanks to bayoudreamn for reminding me of the depth we have at this position. Mark Bruener. Jeb Putzier. Bennie Joppru. Owen Daniels. Holy geez, we actuallly will be utilizing tight ends in our offense! I don't know if we'll actually have a regular starter in this position. If we want to spread the offense more, then Putzier seems like the man to do it. If we want to run the ball then Bruener seems like the man. I think it just depends on the gameplan. We don't know what we'll get out of Bennie Joppru. It's been over 3 years since he played in a real game, and that was in college. In essence, he's a veteran rookie. Owen Daniels was the first pick of the 2nd day I believe. What will we get out of him? Is he a pass catcher? A blocker? I haven't seen many articles mentioning him. Bruener and Putzier are locks, and no matter how well Joppru or Daniels play, I don't think either of them will get higher than 3rd on the depth chart starting the season.

I think that we will see PBuc as our #2 corner with the slim chance of Mckinzie breaking in at the Nickle.

Ephiram Salaam was brought in as veteran depth and a little competition but I think he has little chance of starting.

As far as TE I think Owen Daniels may end up on the practice squad and won't get his chance to play until next season as long as Joppru stays healthy. Daniels is a good blocker but while not fast is said to run good routes and is actually a threat in the passing game. (Go figure we actually have a TE than can block and catch)

I am pretty sure the biggest battle will be at all of the LB positions. Ryans will see some starting tme but I am not sure he will be a starter right from the start. I just don't know who will be the guys here is my guess...
Demeco Ryans
Sam Cowart
Morlon Greenwood/Shante Orr(pass rush situations)

AFD1717
06-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I just don't know who will be the guys here is my guess...
Demeco Ryans
Sam Cowart
Morlon Greenwood/Shante Orr(pass rush situations)

I like your LB choices, but maybe Greenwood - Ryans - Orr in passing situations? Greenwood is good in coverage and Cowart isn't, right? Just a thought.

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 09:41 AM
I like your LB choices, but maybe Greenwood - Ryans - Orr in passing situations? Greenwood is good in coverage and Cowart isn't, right? Just a thought.

Don't forget Kailee Wong guys :whip: Wali Rainier has been good so far too so maybe he sneaks up there :hmmm:

Vambo, the Marble Eye
06-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Defensive back
Pbuch starts if our line lets him "poach more' using his speed to cover "tight" knowing the quarterback will not have 6 seconds to throw the ball. But I have no clue on the rest of the guys. I like that CC started in his rookie season, and is known to be a hitter... so maybe something good will come from a second season.

I just can't get my head around a defensive back philosophy yet with this talent. I just want a defense backfield known for putting a helmet on people and challenge wide receivers PHYSICALLY... especially somebody like T.O. when we play Dallas.

Left Tackles
Salam will sit the bench... he was brought in to help the younger guys like Wand .... (A.K.A. "player to be named later" of Bull Durham fame) If Wand starts, we better be running the damn ball effectively as a key plan. We MUST have help to run left side effectively. (When Wand was a starter, didn't DD gain most of his yards to the left side?) Our '06 draft choices will learn from the veterans... maybe start a game or two if injuries pop up.

Tight End
SURPRISE...Mark Bruener will NOT make the team. Jeb Putzier. Bennie Joppru, and Owen Daniels can catch. This offense will be much improved if the tight end is going to catch a few passes and occupy an outside linebacker's interest and make it more interesting in "yards after the catch" in open field running against defensive backs.

DEFENSIVE END is going to be a battle.... Babin, PEEK is the battle I am going to love watching. I hope the best man wins...

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Tight End
SURPRISE...Mark Bruener will NOT make the team. Jeb Putzier. Bennie Joppru, and Owen Daniels can catch. This offense will be much improved if the tight end is going to catch a few passes and occupy an outside linebacker's interest and make it more interesting in "yards after the catch" in open field running against defensive backs.

I don't know about not making the team...maybe getting cut, but if that doesn't happen and the improvements he's making are really happening he won't miss the team. I think we need atleast one TE that is good at blocking.

real
06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
I think the Battle between Peek and Babin will be a good one...I also think that we may see a lot of movement in the secondary...I just hope Buchanon, and at least one of our safeties step up, so that way when we go DB in the first next yr it will solidy our Secondary...

Runner
06-20-2006, 12:28 PM
(When Wand was a starter, didn't DD gain most of his yards to the left side?)

In 2004 we had our highest yards per carry (not necessarily total yards) to the left side. This is highest yards/carry for any year, any direction - according to some readily available statistics anyway.

Scooter
06-20-2006, 12:40 PM
i think our d-line is very interesting with peek & babin fighting for the "other" DE position, along with the quality 4 deep defensive tackles (if travis decides to play).

the one i'm really interested in is the #3/#4 wide receiver spot. i'm pulling heavily for derrick "i just catch everything" armstrong, but walter's probably leading right now for the spot. after them you've also got the rookie david anderson who kubiak seems pretty fond of and derrick lewis who you just cant help but root for.

El Tejano
06-20-2006, 12:54 PM
I want to know who is going to win the DT spot opposite Weaver.

powerfuldragon
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
i think we'll give PBuch a chance at #2 cb.

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
i think we'll give PBuch a chance at #2 cb.

He will definately get his shot, hopefully he'll take advantage of that this year.

Scottyboy
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Now these are the threads I like to see!

D.Line

Only Super Mario is a lock. All other 3 slots are wide Open!

LB's

Like Cowart in the Middle, OLB's - Anyones Guess Wiiiiideee open!

CB's

Expect P buch to get his spot back
#1, #2, Daunte, and P buc

#3 #4, in the air - I dont like Faggins!!

Saftey

FS and SS up for grabs IMO, I think we'll scoop a Vet Free Agent good or not, to make some sort of impact. Earl's pretty good, but C.C. brown not so good!

Im only gonna cover the D for now.

TexanAddict
06-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I think Spencer will become a guard instead of a tackle

I have read this posted many times by many people. From all I have heard, Spencer played tackle in his senior year of college, was drafted to play tackle, and has practiced as a tackle. I know he was projected by most of the "experts" to transition back to guard in the NFL, but have yet to hear one word to that effect from the Texans coaching staff. Actually, I have read quite the opposite:

(on if he expects both players to be tackles) “Yes I do. We will put one on the left. I don’t want to get too ahead of myself, but I think we’ll put Charles on the left to start and Eric on the right and we will go from there. The thing about both of them is that I think they can both go inside and play. You see them as tackles and that is the way we studied them and that is the way we plan on getting started with them and we’ll get started from them and we’ll go from there. They are going to play a long time in this league.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2557&section=N%20Latest%20News (Link)

Kubiak states that both Spencer and Winston are intended to be tackles. I have not heard yet that Spencer is struggling at tackle, so if someone has a source to that end please post as such. Not to rant on TexanSam, but I have heard this many times without any evidence to support such a position change. Does anyone know if Spencer had practiced at guard during the OTAs or minicamp? Anyone have any info?

TK_Gamer
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I want to know who is going to win the DT spot opposite Weaver.

I think whoever stays healthiest between Payne and Smith, i havent heard a word on Kalu since OTA's started, anyone know?

TexanSam
06-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I have read this posted many times by many people. From all I have heard, Spencer played tackle in his senior year of college, was drafted to play tackle, and has practiced as a tackle. I know he was projected by most of the "experts" to transition back to guard in the NFL, but have yet to hear one word to that effect from the Texans coaching staff. Actually, I have read quite the opposite:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2557&section=N%20Latest%20News (Link)

Kubiak states that both Spencer and Winston are intended to be tackles. I have not heard yet that Spencer is struggling at tackle, so if someone has a source to that end please post as such. Not to rant on TexanSam, but I have heard this many times without any evidence to support such a position change. Does anyone know if Spencer had practiced at guard during the OTAs or minicamp? Anyone have any info?

I had not read that quote about Spencer and LT and Winston at RT. Thanks for bringing that up. If that's the case, then disregard what I said about Spencer being a guard. That's just what I had read on here also and some other sites during the draft.

edo783
06-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I think a lot of folks assume that Spencer will be a gaurd because he is such a heavy, large man, but he is also very quick and moves real well, so he can probably play tackle. We may wind up with some real talent at tackle if Wand, Spencer and Winston all wind up working out. Not a bad thing.

TexansSeminole
06-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Guys, this year is a learning year...remember that. Each player is going to have to learn to play in this coaching staffs system. Players like Bruener and Wong will definantely make the team and probably start. Veterans have to show how its done. Only the veterans have experience with new coaching staffs in an organization and experience speaks volumes.

Further on the Tight End position...Bruener will def make this team considering he is our #1 blocking TE...whether he ends up being the most talented or better player to have on the field is irrelavant. Having a veteran player to teach a group of young guys is in itself a lock for a position on the roster.

Nobody can be the boss before learning how to be the boss.

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
I like that CC started in his rookie season, and is known to be a hitter... so maybe something good will come from a second season.

This is an interesting comment. Coaching will influence how this plays out. Denver has always had a pretty decent defense, not as good as the offense, and Kubiak was there so he would have been in the loop on defensive decisions even though he wasn't a defensive coach. For 11 seasons he was in meetings and that had to be a topic. So what is the Kubiak/R.Smith formula for a Texas-sized defense?

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Now these are the threads I like to see!

D.Line

Only Super Mario is a lock. All other 3 slots are wide Open!

Not disagreeing, but why do you say this? Just want more info.

LB's

Like Cowart in the Middle, OLB's - Anyones Guess Wiiiiideee open!

CB's

Expect P buch to get his spot back
#1, #2, Daunte, and P buc

#3 #4, in the air - I dont like Faggins!!

I like Faggins, but I don't think he'll ever reach the skill level of the others

Saftey

FS and SS up for grabs IMO, I think we'll scoop a Vet Free Agent good or not, to make some sort of impact. Earl's pretty good, but C.C. brown not so good!

Im only gonna cover the D for now.

Amen, Scottyboy!!!

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I think whoever stays healthiest between Payne and Smith, i havent heard a word on Kalu since OTA's started, anyone know?

I haven't heard a word on Kalu either and I'm kinda shocked by that. I really thought he was going to come in and make some noise. I don't know that much about him, my opinion is primarily based on the timing of his signing and some of the initial comments about him at the time of his signing. He didn't look like an also-ran. He looked like someone we picked up for impact. This is purely supposition, but I just had a feeling he was going to be heard.

bayoudreamn
06-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I think a lot of folks assume that Spencer will be a gaurd because he is such a heavy, large man, but he is also very quick and moves real well, so he can probably play tackle. We may wind up with some real talent at tackle if Wand, Spencer and Winston all wind up working out. Not a bad thing.

Amen......ain't depth GREAT.

BigTimeTexanFan
06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I have always heard good things about Wand and his potential. I remeber reading an article when we first drafted him, talking about how Tony Boselli said Wand had all the tools to be a very good left tackle in the NFL. He went on to talk about his footwork and athleticism. The only thing he mentioned was that Wand needed more strength. Hopefully the coahing staff can develop him into a quality Laft tackle. He definately has the "potential"

AFD1717
06-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I still don't understand why Spencer is being looked at as a LT and Winston a RT. Spencer is bigger and stronger, Winston is quicker and faster. Seems like we have them backwards.

DocBar
06-21-2006, 03:22 AM
From everything I've seen and read about Kubiak, there are probably only a handful of "locks" at any position. Carr, AJ, Moulds, DD, Williams and DROB. Other than Those guys, I think it's going to be very interesting in camp and whoever performs will be on the field, regardless of name or contract status. It's been proven(to me at least) that the previous regime just didn't have the ability to get te most out of players or properly evaluate talent and devise schemes that maximized those talents. That being said, I think any kind of depthchart would be premature and there will be fiece battles at ALL positions except PK and P. :twocents:

Texans_Chick
06-21-2006, 07:49 AM
From everything I've seen and read about Kubiak, there are probably only a handful of "locks" at any position. Carr, AJ, Moulds, DD, Williams and DROB. Other than Those guys, I think it's going to be very interesting in camp and whoever performs will be on the field, regardless of name or contract status. It's been proven(to me at least) that the previous regime just didn't have the ability to get te most out of players or properly evaluate talent and devise schemes that maximized those talents. That being said, I think any kind of depthchart would be premature and there will be fiece battles at ALL positions except PK and P. :twocents:

If you read many articles about the Broncos, they are manic about getting quality depth. They are looking to get 53 guys who could start a football game. And always try to have a plan C of who they could get outside of the organization to fit their system. Even in positions of relative strength in their team, they are always looking for options.

DocBar
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
If you read many articles about the Broncos, they are manic about getting quality depth. They are looking to get 53 guys who could start a football game. And always try to have a plan C of who they could get outside of the organization to fit their system. Even in positions of relative strength in their team, they are always looking for options.
I agree with that. The point I was trying to make is that maybe the Texans have more talent than they've shown because of poor coaching and schemes that were tailored to a system rather than the players. That is one of the reasons the Broncos have been so successful over the years: puyying players in positions to be successful.

Meloy
06-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Kicker vs Punter and I'm leaning towards Brown going to pro bowl as scoring most points. He will have more PATs this year and will lead the league in field goals. Punter Stanley will have an avg of 44.2 yds per attempt. I just hope he don't have many attempts. HEHEHE!

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 06:28 PM
I agree with that. The point I was trying to make is that maybe the Texans have more talent than they've shown because of poor coaching and schemes that were tailored to a system rather than the players. That is one of the reasons the Broncos have been so successful over the years: puyying players in positions to be successful.

I think a lot of our players were held back from performing at their possible best from our coaches. They really threw this team in a ditch. Hopefully Kubes and Co can pull us out of the ditch. The Broncos depth is such a huge key to why they're winning. Injuries happen all the time, and I think the teams best prepared for injuries are going to be the hardest teams to beat.

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Kicker vs Punter and I'm leaning towards Brown going to pro bowl as scoring most points. He will have more PATs this year and will lead the league in field goals. Punter Stanley will have an avg of 44.2 yds per attempt. I just hope he don't have many attempts. HEHEHE!

Stanley better watch out for Filipovic :mario:

dat_boy_yec
06-21-2006, 07:07 PM
aside from all the other positions mentioned. The one I'm really looking forward to is the 2nd RB competition. Right now if DD gets healthy again he is the starter however, he will have to share a bigger workload with someone else. Between Morency, Smith, Lundy and the others I really don't see a clear cut better back. So I think it will be interesting to see them prove themselves.

TexanSam
06-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I still don't understand why Spencer is being looked at as a LT and Winston a RT. Spencer is bigger and stronger, Winston is quicker and faster. Seems like we have them backwards.

Until we see them in person, it's actually hard to tell. But here's what I think may happen:

The coaching staff seems to be very high on Wand. So what if Wand does turn into our LT of the future? He's only going to be in his 5th year. He still has a good 5-7 years in him if he does turn into our LT. If that's the case, then Winston would be our RT if everything pans out and where would Spencer go? Like TexansAddict pointed out, Spencer is probably going to be a LT. But if Wand is there, would Spencer then become our LG? So could our future O-line be something like:

LT-Wand
LG-Spencer
C-?
RG-Pitts?
RT-Winston

That's assuming everything goes as planned which usually isn't the case.

Insideop
06-21-2006, 11:23 PM
I like that CC started in his rookie season, and is known to be a hitter... so maybe something good will come from a second season.

This is an interesting comment. Coaching will influence how this plays out. Denver has always had a pretty decent defense, not as good as the offense, and Kubiak was there so he would have been in the loop on defensive decisions even though he wasn't a defensive coach. For 11 seasons he was in meetings and that had to be a topic. So what is the Kubiak/R.Smith formula for a Texas-sized defense?

I'm not 100% sure of this, but maybe Denver's defensive philosophy is "sometimes the best defense is a good offense" philosophy. Thus the reason they like to run the ball more (control the clock, keep opponents offense off the field, etc..), and pass less. The "Zone Blocking" scheme seems to support this philosophy.

I don't know if this is the philosophy Kubiak will use or not. With all the new Receivers and TE's we have, it doesn't exactly look like he's planning to have a "run more/pass less" offense. :play:

Myself, I'm hoping for a "Punishing Defense" with speed and toughness, but I guess like you, I'll have to wait and see! idonno:

DocBar
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Until we see them in person, it's actually hard to tell. But here's what I think may happen:

The coaching staff seems to be very high on Wand. So what if Wand does turn into our LT of the future? He's only going to be in his 5th year. He still has a good 5-7 years in him if he does turn into our LT. If that's the case, then Winston would be our RT if everything pans out and where would Spencer go? Like TexansAddict pointed out, Spencer is probably going to be a LT. But if Wand is there, would Spencer then become our LG? So could our future O-line be something like:

LT-Wand
LG-Spencer
C-?
RG-Pitts?
RT-Winston

That's assuming everything goes as planned which usually isn't the case.
I can't see moving Pitts to RG. If Wand works out, why not just put Spencer at RG and let Pitts spend a whole year at one position? Pitts is reminding me of Munchak and Matthews: a VERY good lineman on some very bad teams.
I see the next years as:
LT- Wand
LG- Pitts
C-Flanagan(maybe Hogden)
RG-Spencer
LT-Winston
Hard to say about this years. A lot will depend on how well the rookies do in TC and how long our vets can stay healthy. Should be a fun ride, though.

wicked_wayz
06-22-2006, 08:59 AM
I can't see moving Pitts to RG. If Wand works out, why not just put Spencer at RG and let Pitts spend a whole year at one position? Pitts is reminding me of Munchak and Matthews: a VERY good lineman on some very bad teams.
I see the next years as:
LT- Wand
LG- Pitts
C-Flanagan(maybe Hogden)
RG-Spencer
LT-Winston
Hard to say about this years. A lot will depend on how well the rookies do in TC and how long our vets can stay healthy. Should be a fun ride, though.

NEXT YEAR I HOPE WINSTON STARTS AHEAD OF WADE

AFD1717
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
NEXT YEAR I HOPE WINSTON STARTS AHEAD OF WADE

I don't know if it will be Winston or not, but I'm pretty sure Wade has started his last game as a Texan unless we have some injuries.