PDA

View Full Version : New Joppru Article

DocBar
06-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Just read this and hadn't seen it posted yet, so I thought I would help out on a slow news day.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=99710

:poker:

Texan in Japan
06-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Nice story, I'm pulling for Bennie, but what struck me is that he's down to 235! That is very light for a TE and I'm wondering how that will effect is blocking.

Scottyboy
06-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Putizer Starting
Joppru Back Up
Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE

Samer
06-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I really do hope that Bruener will stay healthy and be able to play...I feel bad because he has been so injured and hasn't been able to prove to anyone how good he can if

MorKnolle
06-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Putizer Starting
Joppru Back Up
Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE

I don't see this being the order, Putzier and Bruener will see the most time depending on whether they want more of a blocking TE or a receiving TE in for any particular situation. Joppru and then Ben Steele or Owen Daniels will round out the rest of the TE core and see a decent amount of action as we will probably use a decent amount of 2-TE sets and rotate them frequently.

I really do hope that Bruener will stay healthy and be able to play...I feel bad because he has been so injured and hasn't been able to prove to anyone how good he can if

Do you mean Joppru? Bruener has never had drastic injury problem

Samer
06-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Sorry lol I meant Joppru

DocBar
06-18-2006, 11:33 PM
It seems kind of odd to me that Joppru is garnering as much attention now as when he was drafted, especially since he hasn't played an official down of pro ball. Is that because he should be a real talent(he WAS a 2nd round pick) or is it just that slow for news in the NFL? Regardless, I hope he stays healthy this year so we can all be the judge on that.:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

awtysst
06-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Putizer Starting
Joppru Back Up
Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE

I see us using double TE formations in which Breuner will be the blocker and Putzier and Joppru will be the receiving TEs. If Joppru can become a better blocker, I can even see a Joppru/ Putzier combo. I think Kubiack would like Owens and Joppru to become well rounded though so that they can compliment each other down the line.

Texans86
06-18-2006, 11:45 PM
It seems kind of odd to me that Joppru is garnering as much attention now as when he was drafted, especially since he hasn't played an official down of pro ball. Is that because he should be a real talent(he WAS a 2nd round pick) or is it just that slow for news in the NFL? Regardless, I hope he stays healthy this year so we can all be the judge on that.:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

We are basically getting two round two picks this year, both of which could be special in the future.