PDA

View Full Version : Kris Brown or Chris Brown

mexican_texan
06-17-2006, 10:55 PM
There's been rumors of Chris Brown being on the block and I don't like Kris Brown, mainly because of the Titans game last year, but bygones are bygones and I still don't like him.

Who'd you rather see donning the Texans logo on their helmet, Chris Brown the RB http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/26/gallery.afc.south/brown.jpg
or Kris Brown the K?
http://www.krisbrownskickclub.com/web/images/Nebraska-University.jpg

TexanSam
06-17-2006, 11:11 PM
I'd like to see both. But if I had to choose one, I would choose Chris Brown. There's no guaranteed that Davis will stay healthy. It would be nice to have insurance. Of course Chris Brown has also been hurt, but with them splitting carries, the chances would probably lessen.

Of course, I don't know how many good kickers are out there. Kris Brown can be a good kicker. I would rather have him than Billy Cundiff.

WiiBrawler
06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I dont trust Kris Brown because of that Titans game, I would love to see Chris Brown in our Uniform

Hutch13
06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
chris brown because he is a good RB and kris brown is an average kicker that is replaceable

Texas
06-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Yep..Chris Brown..Young and good

Insideop
06-18-2006, 02:08 AM
chris brown because he is a good RB and kris brown is an average kicker that is replaceable

You youngsters seem pretty eager to throw Kris Brown under the bus! But, just who is out there to replace him that is any good?:fieldgoal

mexican_texan
06-18-2006, 02:15 AM
You youngsters seem pretty eager to throw Kris Brown under the bus! But, just who is out there to replace him that is any good?:fieldgoal
There's Paul Edinger and the undrafted FAs. I just think that there's only room for one Ch/Kris Brown on this team, and that little hip hop singer ain't it. :sarcasm:

thetexanator
06-18-2006, 02:17 AM
chris brown is a pretty good back, ,id take him over michael bennett

TK_Gamer
06-18-2006, 03:16 AM
me too, i think the whole bennett thing is a waste of time and effort

ensign_lee
06-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Kris Brown, in a heartbeat. We've never really had to deal with a kicker that just flat out could not make a kick, much like other teams *cough the cowboys* have had to. I'd MUCH rather have a clutch kicker (and don't kid yourself. Kris has won MANY more games than he's lost us) than another RB to join the stable that we have in the offense that we run.

edited to make my post make more sense. An original version of my quite exists below in SheTexan's quote box.

SheTexan
06-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Kris Brown, in a heartbeat. We've never really had to deal with a kicker that just flat out could not make a kick, much like other teams *cough the cowboys* have to. I'd MUCH rather than a clutch kicker (and don't kid yourself. Kris has won MANY more games than he's lost us) than another RB with the stable that we have and the offense that we run.

Totally agree!! KRIS Brown without a doubt! It would be nice to have both though, that's for sure! There's just not that many ESTABLISHED kickers out there and KRIS has done a good job for the Texans! (lets forget the latter part of last year :hide:) I would take an established kicker over ANOTHER injured RB anyday!!

CloakNNNdagger
06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
As aj and I emphasize.........."When healthy."

You may want to review this entire Chris Brown thread (including my post which chronicles his injury history).

Chris Brown (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=23989&highlight=chris+brown)

the wonger need food
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
This rumor is starting to gain some traction...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak0bXlXt9ryDU3nwxAUxc0NDubYF?slug=jm-brown060906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hulk75
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
old news right?

the wonger need food
06-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I just saw the date. Hell, there's nothing else going on and I'm getting tired of the Bennett thread... so why not?

DominickDavisFan76
06-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Wait in this three team trade what do we have to give up... a 4th round?

Hulk75
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Got me all excited, thought he was here, I have a feeling he or Bennett will be.

I see no problem with having Antwan cut and Chris Brown comming in, you dont need 2 big backs. Injuries maybe but Chris is a freak of a back though.

Señor Stan
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
old news right?

If you call two weeks ago "old" then yeah, its old.

TheOgre
06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
If you call two weeks ago "old" then yeah, its old.

On this board, that is an eternity.

El Tejano
06-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Chris Brown wants to be traded to us so that way he can now be Jason Simmons teammate.

bayoudreamn
06-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Chris Brown wants to be traded to us so that way he can now be Jason Simmons teammate.

Are you serious?

What's the chance of anything happening before training camp? I'm guessing, nil. Kubiak made some comments about during or after training camp being a possibility didn't he when he answered questions about conversations with New Orleans?

Wolf
07-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Forgive me if this was posted, but didn't see in the search and this article was about a week ago

Having drafted LenDale White and re-signed Travis Henry, Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese may trade first-string running back Chris Brown – or allow him to seek a deal with teams in need of backs with starting experience – according to a source close to Brown.

Brown is in his last year of his contract, so any trade could require that the new team come to an agreement on a new, long-term deal. Reese has not given Brown permission to pursue trades, but Brown would be an excellent target for teams looking for an experienced back, such as the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans.

A league source said that the Broncos have been associated with another veteran running back – T.J. Duckett of the Atlanta Falcons – as part of a potential three-team trade. The deal would also send Broncos wide receiver Ashley Lelie to the New England Patriots, while Denver would receive Patriots tight end Daniel Graham and Duckett. The Falcons would receive undisclosed draft choices from both teams.

Both Denver and Houston will run offensive schemes that could entice a runner like Brown, who is a straight-head guy with the ability to make one cut and go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak0bXlXt9ryDU3nwxAUxc0NDubYF?slug=jm-brown060906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hutch13
07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
i think this was posted a while a back on the Kris Brown or Chris Brown post but i could be wrong.

TexanFan881
07-17-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=50985

With both Henry and Brown’s contracts essentially one-year deals, the Titans could move one of them with no cap hit.

HOU-TEX
07-18-2006, 12:50 PM
:confused: Do ya'll really think they'd trade within their own division? IMO, I don't think so.

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 12:55 PM
If they can get something for him I don't see why it matters who they trade him too. The Titans are going to lose to us with or without Chris Brown.

El Tejano
07-18-2006, 12:57 PM
The way I see it, they owe us for Babin.

HOU-TEX
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
If they can get something for him I don't see why it matters who they trade him too. The Titans are going to lose to us with or without Chris Brown.

Agreed, but I still wouldn't trade within the division.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 01:45 PM
There's been rumors of Chris Brown being on the block and I don't like Kris Brown, mainly because of the Titans game last year, but bygones are bygones and I still don't like him.

Who'd you rather see donning the Texans logo on their helmet, Chris Brown the RB http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/26/gallery.afc.south/brown.jpg
or Kris Brown the K?
http://www.krisbrownskickclub.com/web/images/Nebraska-University.jpg

Chris Brown is a badass when he is healthy. He averaged 5 yards a carry in '03 i think ... maybe it was '04. When he is 100% healthy he plays like a pro-bowler.

El Tejano
07-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I just want to see some promise.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I just want to see some promise.

From an outsider looking in:

Something has got to change in Texans' Land. I went to LSU so i love DD, but maybe he's just not right for you guys. Also, this is Carr's last year to show what he's got. Something just isn't working for you guys and i think if this year yields less than 7 wins, it's time for you to move on to a new QB and RB. It's good that you got a new coach. I was happy to see that.

real
07-18-2006, 02:07 PM
I think we will most definitely be changing running backs....I think that he will be replaced this year, but definitely by next year...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
I think we will most definitely be changing running backs....I think that he will be replaced this year, but definitely by next year...

You guys can have Travis Henry.

real
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
You guys can have Travis Henry.

We'll trade you Travis Henry for Travis Johnson...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 02:12 PM

Haha i dont know who that is, so i'd say no.......but i will go look him up now

El Tejano
07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
From an outsider looking in:

Something has got to change in Texans' Land. I went to LSU so i love DD, but maybe he's just not right for you guys. Also, this is Carr's last year to show what he's got. Something just isn't working for you guys and i think if this year yields less than 7 wins, it's time for you to move on to a new QB and RB. It's good that you got a new coach. I was happy to see that.
I agree with this statement. I do believe that learning curves are going to be put to the side. There is enough talent offensively to show some life and if we can't do that, then it is time to look the other way.

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 02:13 PM

Or a seveth round pick whichever they think is better :francis:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Is this Travis Johnson guy trying to suck this bad? 26 tackles and 1 sack in 15 games? ..... damn .... is he a starter?

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Is this Travis Johnson guy trying to suck this bad? 26 tackles and 1 sack in 15 games? ..... damn .... is he a starter?

It's not just that it's the way he came to the practices "prepared" for this season.

mexican_texan
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
No, he's a rotation lineman.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Well I wish the best of luck to the Texans. I've said this all along: i'd like to see the Titans and Texans atop the AFC south for a long time. I've been to a couple games down there and you guys have good fans. I can get out of hand on here sometimes but we can all be friends!

real
07-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah...The Titans are good with me....I was too young when the Oilers left to have any animosity towards them....and besides...I'm a VY and LW fan and I hope they both turn into beast...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah...The Titans are good with me....I was too young when the Oilers left to have any animosity towards them....and besides...I'm a VY and LW fan and I hope they both turn into beast...

If they don't we're pretty much screwed

santo
07-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Well I wish the best of luck to the Texans. I've said this all along: i'd like to see the Titans and Texans atop the AFC south for a long time. I've been to a couple games down there and you guys have good fans. I can get out of hand on here sometimes but we can all be friends!

Best luck to the Titans as well....Hope to see you all in the AFC Divisional Championship!

:redtowel:

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah...The Titans are good with me....I was too young when the Oilers left to have any animosity towards them

Same here. Go Titans 14 weeks of the year :redtowel: We need someone to stop the Colts and Jags.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Same here. Go Titans 14 weeks of the year :redtowel: We need someone to stop the Colts and Jags.

Man I'd love to see the Colts just get flushed down the toilet this year. I hope they go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

real
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Man I'd love to see the Colts just get flushed down the toilet this year. I hope they go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

I would love that too....I think I dislike the colts more than any other team in the NFL....especially since my boi edge left....:fireball:

Overalls
07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Kris Brown, hands down. We don't need Cristy Brown the broke down RB. He couldn't even make a move when Travis Henry was out for doping it up.

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 10:42 PM
A RB is a much bigger need than a kicker right now. The best way to look at it: there's no way the Titans would trade us Chris Brown for Kris Brown.

Chris Brown, hands down.

Hutch13
07-18-2006, 10:57 PM
i would rather have a RB that can give ya a 1,000 yards those are tougher to find than a decent kicker.

mexican_texan
07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Chris Brown may be one of the best RB in the AFC when healthy...but his off the field actions worry me.

http://www.thabiz.com/chrisbrown.jpg

the wonger need food
07-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Titans | Brown wants out
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:55:56 -0700

ESPNews reports Tennessee Titans RB Chris Brown has requested to be traded from the team.

mexican_texan
07-20-2006, 08:35 PM
What do we have to offer? Morency and a seventh might work.

the wonger need food
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
What do we have to offer? Morency and a seventh might work.

Babin. Now that would be funny...

TexanFan881
07-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Titans | Brown wants out
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:55:56 -0700

ESPNews reports Tennessee Titans RB Chris Brown has requested to be traded from the team.

Forget Michael Bennett, I have a fealing we'll be all over him. It helps that he wants to be traded, remember earlier in the year we ripped off the Bills because Eric Moulds wanted to go. I'm sure we can get a good deal put together. I'm pumped up just thinking about DD and Chris being in the same backfield. :mario:

Brandon420tx
07-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Forget Michael Bennett, I have a fealing we'll be all over him. It helps that he wants to be traded, remember earlier in the year we ripped off the Bills because Eric Moulds wanted to go. I'm sure we can get a good deal put together. I'm pumped up just thinking about DD and Chris being in the same backfield. :mario:

What happened to ... http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=24132&highlight=confident?

mexican_texan
07-20-2006, 09:47 PM
...or rehabbing together. :spy:

TexanFan881
07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
What happened to ... http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=24132&highlight=confident?

If we get Chris Brown I'd be happy to lose the bet. :party:

The Pencil Neck
07-20-2006, 11:37 PM
...or rehabbing together. :spy:

Yeah. That's my fear.

Overalls
07-21-2006, 06:09 AM
Brown is junk.

Texans34Life
07-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Titans | Agent confirms Brown story
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:43:56 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports Tennessee Titans RB Chris Brown officially has requested the right to seek a trade, according to Brown's representatives from Morgan Advisory Group. Agents Ryan Morgan and Wynn Silberman wrote an official letter and delivered it to the team Monday, July 17. Brown decided his long-term future in Tennessee was in doubt after his agents met with Titans' general manager Floyd Reese. League sources said that Brown's name was mentioned in a variety of possible trades, but Reese had yet to provide Brown or his new representation permission to seek a trade. Teams that could potentially show interest in obtaining the rights to Brown include the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans, with the dark horse team being the Minnesota Vikings.

Hutch13
07-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Domanick Davis and Chris Brown :drool:

Hutch13
07-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Brown is junk.

Please explain because the last two season he has averaged about 900 yds and 5 tds

edo783
07-21-2006, 09:27 AM
If we would be counting on Brown to be the full time feature back, I doubt he would be a top candidate, but as a fill in/change of pace back during games and to hold down the fort for a while if/when DD is hurt, then yes, he could be a good pick up.

keyfro
07-21-2006, 09:36 AM
look the bottom line is you can never have enough quality runningbacks in this league...if we are able to get chris brown the only thing i'm going to say is yes...because i remember that boy running over everyone in the Big XII...he was averaging something stupid like 7.2yds a cary in the Big XII championship game they played in one year...then in the NFL when he plays and when he's healthy he's a load to take down...he's not the most agile of runningbacks but kubiak doesn't want guys like that...he wants the one cut and go type backs and that's what brown is

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Brown has great acceleration. Anyone remember the Mondy night game against Green Bay two years ago? He ended up with like 200 yards. He tore it up. When he is healthy he can be a 1200+ yard back

HOU-TEX
07-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Domanick Davis and Chris Brown :drool:

I don't expect DD on the field much at all this season. I hope I'm wrong. So it would be great if we got Brown.

When I first read this thread I was thinking RB all the way. When I went to the house and watched some NFL network and saw the commercial with Rackers kicking field goals and purposely hitting the uprights, I about dropped a load. Was that real?:confused:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-21-2006, 11:33 AM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17382

Titans message board take on the subject

CloakNNNdagger
07-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Doesn't look that Titans are ready to release him for trade before looking at what the others in their stable can do..........Doesn't this smack of the same song different verse we've been talking about with Bennett and the Saints???
And I still have my doubts that the Tacks will want to trade to their Texans rival.:

Brown is still expected to be the Titans’ starter this season, but Tennessee is expected to sort out a pecking order during training camp since Travis Henry and second-round draft pick LenDale White are also in the mix.

He is trying to reverse his misfortunes:

He’s put on roughly 10 pounds hoping to increase his durability and be tougher to take down.

Chris Brown (http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060721/SPORTS01/60721002)

HOU-TEX
07-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Doesn't look that Titans are ready to release him for trade before looking at what the others in their stable can do..........Doesn't this smack of the same song different verse we've been talking about with Bennett and the Saints???
And I still have my doubts that the Tacks will want to trade to their Texans rival.:

He is trying to reverse his misfortunes:

Chris Brown (http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060721/SPORTS01/60721002)

My thoughts exactly.

Overalls
07-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Please explain because the last two season he has averaged about 900 yds and 5 tds

and even the Titans fans are saying that they couldn't get anything for him and are happy to see him go because of his fumbling.

He had NO 100 yard games last year.

He ranked 23rd in yards rushing.

23 RBs had more TDs than him.

He had 2 receiving tds

Davis only played in 11 games last year, which is the same amount Brown played in each of his first two years.

Davis still had 3, 100 yard games

Davis ranked 18th in yards rushing, remember he only played in 11 games

Davis did do poorly in rushing TDs. He only had 2, but he did have 4 receiving TDs

Calling him junk might have been a bit harsh but do you really want to give up a 3rd or 4th round draft pick for a below average back. The Titans brought in Travis Henry, a doper to compete with Brown and then drafted another doper to compete with the two of them. Looks like the Titans FO is not exactly over welmed with him either.

I would rather have Morency as the starter than get a castoff from the Titans. With Kubes new system almost any back can be good.

CloakNNNdagger
07-21-2006, 09:31 PM
and even the Titans fans are saying that they couldn't get anything for him and are happy to see him go because of his fumbling.

Not something that I really understand. In the 3 years, he has fumbled 11 times with 7 lost. Edgerrin James in the past 3 years has fumbled 13 times and lost the ball 6 times. When things go bad for a team, fans tend to remember the individual bad.

Overalls
07-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Not something that I really understand. In the 3 years, he has fumbled 11 times with 7 lost. Edgerrin James in the past 3 years has fumbled 13 times and lost the ball 6 times. When things go bad for a team, fans tend to remember the individual bad.

EJ also had over 4300 yards and 33 TDs in the last 3 years. If you can promise me that Brown will more than double his out put, I'll promise to think Brown is above average.

CloakNNNdagger
07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
EJ also had over 4300 yards and 33 TDs in the last 3 years. If you can promise me that Brown will more than double his out put, I'll promise to think Brown is above average.

First of all, I was responding to the fumble comment. But if you'r going to talk about these other stats, in the past 3 years he had 2100 yard (about half of Edg) compared to 500 attempts (about half of Edg's 1000).........His TD (11 [of which were all produced in the last 2 years] production difference can be very easily supported by situation and the Colts' complimentary prolific passing game (last year eg., 31 passing TD's as opposed to the Titans' 20).

Overalls
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
First of all, I was responding to the fumble comment.

My point was that you can put up with the fumbles when you get production.

Hookem Horns
07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
It's not just that it's the way he came to the practices "prepared" for this season.

Don't bust on Travis Johnson. He is a first round pick and is better than Derrick Johnson, according to Casserly that is.

TK_Gamer
07-21-2006, 11:44 PM

He had NO 100 yard games last year.

He ranked 23rd in yards rushing.

23 RBs had more TDs than him.

He had 2 receiving tds

Davis only played in 11 games last year, which is the same amount Brown played in each of his first two years.

Davis still had 3, 100 yard games

Davis ranked 18th in yards rushing, remember he only played in 11 games

Davis did do poorly in rushing TDs. He only had 2, but he did have 4 receiving TDs

Calling him junk might have been a bit harsh but do you really want to give up a 3rd or 4th round draft pick for a below average back. The Titans brought in Travis Henry, a doper to compete with Brown and then drafted another doper to compete with the two of them. Looks like the Titans FO is not exactly over welmed with him either.

I would rather have Morency as the starter than get a castoff from the Titans. With Kubes new system almost any back can be good.

morency has a bad chronic foot problem, i dont see him as a starter at all, chris brown has had only normal game related injuries, all backs get them, i would love to see brown on the texans. besides morency tries to dance way to much for kubiaks system, he would have to un-learn that style which is tough to do. imho

TexanFan881
07-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Don't bust on Travis Johnson. He is a first round pick and is better than Derrick Johnson, according to Casserly that is.

Exactly.

mexican_texan
07-22-2006, 12:23 AM
TJ+Winston>DJ

kcwilson
07-22-2006, 12:30 AM
I think that we can't afford not to pickup another RB, one that has some experience.

All signs point to DD having another injury plagued year. I am already preparing myself mentally that he will not be around much of the year. It is such heartache to see him play two games and sit one, and then give it a try only to bow out early.

It is real tough to get excited about Antowain Smith shouldering the load... Morency everyone agrees doesn't fit the style.

That leaves Lundy a rookie, late round selection. The success of those types of RBs is pretty low. I think our RB core is pretty weak.

From a roster perspective, I would think that Wells would be a better fit than Morency. What about Lamar Gordon as a runner?

Texans34Life
07-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Update on Chris Brown:

Titans | Reese may not want to trade C. Brown
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:49:03 -0700

The Nashville City Paper reports Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese has yet to respond to Titans RB Chris Brown's trade demands and he might be reluctant to part with the running back who is entering the final year of his rookie contract. "We have had some talks with Floyd about a trade, and Floyd indicated that he values Chris, and was not necessarily inclined to deal him, but we decided it was best to make the formal request anyway," said agent Ryan Morgan, who represents Brown along with Wynn Silberman. Morgan said Reese has not yet responded to his formal request for a trade made four days ago. "We have not heard a response from the Titans, regarding our request. Nothing has materialized there as of yet," Morgan said. As for Brown, the decision lies with Reese and the front office as to whether they field offers for the running back. "Obviously, Chris is under contract with the Titans for this season, so the Titans would have to entertain any offers for him," Morgan said. "If they are unable to find something satisfactory, then they could give us permission to explore a trade opportunity for Chris."

Wolf
07-22-2006, 02:38 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17382

some discussion over there.

they talk about Brown's style fitting in with Denver and Houston.. Denver is loaded ..Bell,Anderson,Cobb, and Dayne
(if I have all 4 of them right)

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Bennett update:

The longer first-round pick Reggie Bush holds out, the longer free-agent acquisition Michael Bennett will remain with the team.

But once Bush signs and reports to camp, Bennett's agent Bill Johnson said he expects Bennett to be traded.

"I would be shocked if something didn't happen," Johnson said Friday night.

Johnson said his office has received numerous calls about possible trade suitors.

Bennett's agent said the tailback understood that he came to the team as a backup for running back Deuce McAllister. But that scenario changed once Bush was drafted.

"He's a Pro-Bowl caliber back and he wants to go somewhere where he has a chance to battle to be the starter," Johnson said.
http://www.sunherald.com

TexanFan881
08-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Chris Brown update:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0805,0,4961376.story?coll=ny-golf-utility

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Jets have expressed interest in Titans running back Chris Brown, who has asked the Titans to trade him because of the logjam in their backfield that includes Travis Henry and second-round pick LenDale White (who played for Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow at USC). The Titans haven't given permission to Brown, in the final year of his contract, to negotiate a new deal with another team to facilitate a trade. Besides the Jets, the Broncos, Dolphins and Rams have expressed interest in Brown, according to the source.

Hutch13
08-04-2006, 11:37 PM
It would be very nice to get him but what yall are saying about chris taylor makes me feel ok about the RB position