PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate C.C. Brown?

DominickDavisFan76
06-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I dont know what everyones deal is with C.C. Brown...What did he do wrong for the texans....NOTHING!!

He had the most tackles for all the backs. Plus that was his first year.
You cant expect a rookie that was taken in the 6th round to just go out their and lead his team to a 16-0 season. That is why their is no "I" in team.

Because he cant do it all by himself

Yes he doesnt have the speed that the texans need on our defense.
But Rodney Harrison is the slowest Safety (that starts) and He does pretty damn good.

So I honestly think that with the coaching of Richard Smith and some coaching from Gary Kubiak, I think this guy can make the Pro Bowl in 3 years.
Or start for the Texans till then. So why does everyone think he is terrible.

TexanFan881
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't think anybody hates him. I just think that people think we need more help at the safety position because C.C. is an average player right now and the position can be upgraded. I don't think anyone has anything against C.C., I like him a matter of fact, but he might need a little more time to reach his full potential and getting a veteran safety could give him some time to learn and we could upgrade the position.

Trap_Star
06-15-2006, 10:01 PM
I dont know what everyones deal is with C.C. Brown...What did he do wrong for the texans....NOTHING!!

You cant expect a rookie that was taken in the 6th round to just go out their and lead his team to a 16-0 season. That is why their is no "I" in team.

But Rodney Harrison is the slowest Safety (that starts) and He does pretty damn good.
So I honestly think that with the coaching of Richard Smith and some coaching from Gary Kubiak, I think this guy can make the Pro Bowl in 3 years.

Harrison is 34 or 35? He's basically the 5th LB for the Patriots. His experience and instinct make up for his lack of speed. I wish him the best on his recovery.
Oh and by the way, i dont hate CC.....:logo:

Scooter
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
He had the most tackles for all the backs. Plus that was his first year. You cant expect a rookie that was taken in the 6th round to just go out their and lead his team to a 16-0 season. That is why their is no "I" in team.

maybe i missed something, but i havent seen a lot of "hate" for C.C. what i'm quoting is i think where you and some others are giving him a little more credit than he deserves so far. he played exceptionally well for a 6th round rookie, and likely has a solid future in this league as he matures. he didnt however play near the level of most starting free safeties, and is overwhelmingly outclassed by the upper level guys like lawyer milloy & ed reed. to put him even in the class of average to above average guys like mccree, adrian wilson, chris hope, etc is a big stretch. if something happens to earl and he moves to SS, i think he'll be more comfortable and a solid "8th in the box", but as a centerfielder, he's deffinately got his limitations ... most of which are inexperience. of course i hope for nothing but the best, and hope he developes into a great guy for us, but lets give him a chance to earn his rank.

hot pickle
06-15-2006, 10:17 PM
i really like CC Brown, never hated him at all, always liked him, and i think hes part of the Military, so you cant really hate him

CMoak1982
06-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Brown for one is not slow, he ran 4.48 to 4.50 at pro day, he tends to play slow with diagnosing some things, when he gets more comfortable he'll play faster

Porky
06-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Who hates CC Brown? I have never seen a post I would call hate-filled toward CC. IS he ever going to be more than a decent back-up on a good defense? Probably not, but that's not hating. That's simply truth telling.

Texans_Chick
06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Who's the joker who hates CC Brown???? I pity the fool cuz I'm gonna beat em!

I think most of the commentary here was related to the fact that it said a lot about the state of the Texans defense and our depth last year that CC Brown was your Texans starter--a rookie 6th round choice.

CC Brown did amazingly well given his circumstances but you would hope to see less mistakes from your starter.

Insideop
06-15-2006, 11:16 PM
I have to agree with others on this thread, I don't know of anyone who hates or said anything bad about C.C. Brown. He may not be on a par with the top safeties in the league yet, but he was only a rookie last year. Given some time and proper coaching, I think he could be very good. JMHO! :cool:

LORK 88
06-15-2006, 11:31 PM
I dont think anyone hates CC, I just think that others feel that he shouldnt be at FS (which i disagree with) and that Earl is the better SS. Granted, Brown needs to work on his coverage skills, but for the most part I think he could work out well enough for us with Earl as our FS and SS.

cj5776
06-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Who's the joker who hates CC Brown???? I pity the fool cuz I'm gonna beat em!

Two words... Coast Guard. Can you really take someone serious who was in the Coast Guard, come on. I mean Army or Marines that would be different, but Coast Guard?

(yes I am joking)

HARRYJ
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I'll say it! I hate him!:stirpot:

cj5776
06-15-2006, 11:37 PM
I'll say it! I hate him!:stirpot:

Yeah and I hate people that are not loyal to the Texans but still post, what's wrong with the Eagles Meassage Board, are there not enough Eagles fans who can write messages more than 5 words long?

Texan in Japan
06-15-2006, 11:38 PM
CC Brown would have been a higher draft choice except for the fear that his Nat'l Guard commitment may effect his ability to play in the NFL. It didn't and despite a subpar defense, he played well and showed the potential to be even better.

I think Kubiak said he's comfortable with the talent in our DBs. While many on the board seem to want another CB or S, our head coach pursues RBs and FBs. That should tell us something!

edo783
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Two words... Coast Guard. Can you really take someone serious who was in the Coast Guard, come on. I mean Army or Marines that would be different, but Coast Guard?

(yes I am joking)

Be carefull with that kind of talk. Them Puddle Pirates can be a tough crowd.:hunter: That's why they are all ove 6ft tall, so when the boat sinks they can wade ashore.

Texas
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I dont but he's just average....I want a standout on one of our Safeties.

DominickDavisFan76
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Ok i said that wrong... Im sorry!
I just think that a lot of ppl think that C.C. Brown doesnt deserve to start and I think he has the potential and enough skill to start thats all.

TexanFan881
06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
He deserves to start on our team but it would be nice to upgade him with a veteran to teach him a few tricks.

TK_Gamer
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
maybe i missed something, but i havent seen a lot of "hate" for C.C. what i'm quoting is i think where you and some others are giving him a little more credit than he deserves so far. he played exceptionally well for a 6th round rookie, and likely has a solid future in this league as he matures. he didnt however play near the level of most starting free safeties, and is overwhelmingly outclassed by the upper level guys like lawyer milloy & ed reed. to put him even in the class of average to above average guys like mccree, adrian wilson, chris hope, etc is a big stretch. if something happens to earl and he moves to SS, i think he'll be more comfortable and a solid "8th in the box", but as a centerfielder, he's deffinately got his limitations ... most of which are inexperience. of course i hope for nothing but the best, and hope he developes into a great guy for us, but lets give him a chance to earn his rank.

exactly my feelings, I think we should move cc to SS and pick up some help for the FS spot. that position requires more speed than cc is capable of and quickness, when you go up against class A recievers you have to have that edge in speed and at the least quickness so you can come over and help even if yer going the wrong way. I think we should have kept mcree myself, but im not the coach.

CoastalTexan
06-16-2006, 12:30 AM
I think he is in the Mississippi National Gaurd, right?

AFD1717
06-16-2006, 12:33 AM
CC to SS ASAP. JMO.

Scooter
06-16-2006, 12:40 AM
CC to SS ASAP. JMO.

earl is the better safety, that's the reason C.C. is playing in the free safety position. if he were the stronger SS, we'd be moving earl.

texan279
06-16-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't hate Brown...

cj5776
06-16-2006, 12:42 AM
I think he is in the Mississippi National Gaurd, right?

I thought it was Lousianna, I think he went a school in that state

South Texan
06-16-2006, 01:07 AM
I remember the network announcers (supposedly neutral) on several games last year complimenting CC from time to time and I think he does show a lot of potential. IMHO even the best of DBs will not look as good if there is a weak pass rush, and that certainly was a problem last year. A QB in a hurry is an interception in the making.

If pass rush problem really is solved I look for much better things from all the DBs this year (yep, even P-Buc with all the extra effort he is putting in).

That said, I would still like to see us pick up another solid DB with a proven track record to step up as a leader of the DB unit, but if we have to wait till next year to pick up someone so we win the SuperBowl, well..... I can live with that. :redtowel:

mexican_texan
06-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Teams knew about Brown's skill, I've heard he may have gone as high as the second or third round, but he is in service, so he may have never played football at all. Risky move by Charlie, just like Glenn Earl. :)

Ckw
06-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Hey you mention McCree. I am assuming you are referring to Marlon McCree, correct? If that is who you are talking about, didn't the Texans have him at one point? And what happened to him? Why is he no longer on the team?

Scooter
06-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Hey you mention McCree. I am assuming you are referring to Marlon McCree, correct? If that is who you are talking about, didn't the Texans have him at one point? And what happened to him? Why is he no longer on the team?

yes, i was referencing marlon mccree. we picked him up from the jaguars in 03, where he was backing up donavin darius. he played 2 games in 03, and the full 04 season for us (much as a backup). he was deffinately a solid free safety and could be one of the upper tier guys if he could land a steady job, and really made a national name for himself last season in the playoffs. we let him go after the 04 season (for no real reason other than hoping coleman could do the job), and carolina picked him up. because of injuries i think, he got the panthers' starting job, and kept it throughout the season. not sure why they released him either, but he's with the chargers now. if he could stick with one team, i think he'd be a name to fear, but between bad luck & coaching preference, he hasnt had that luxury yet. he's played great for jacksonville, houston, and carolina ... if anyone can figure out why he cant hold a job, i'd sure love to know why, because he's played exceptionally well everywhere.

SAMURAITEXAN
06-16-2006, 05:46 AM
I like C.C.

infantrycak
06-16-2006, 08:46 AM
yes, i was referencing marlon mccree. we picked him up from the jaguars in 03, where he was backing up donavin darius. he played 2 games in 03, and the full 04 season for us (much as a backup).

Marlon was a starter opposite Darius for both the '01 and '02 seasons. We got him as a part of a three way waiver swap with Carolina releasing a guy who went to the Jags, the Jags released McCree who came to us and then we released Travares Tillman who went to Carolina. McCree sat out a couple games once in Houston, learning the playcalling and then started 11 games for the Texans in '03. In '04 he got one start (I think when Coleman was suspended for a game). Don't believe the Texans made any attempt to re-sign him when his contract expired.

bigbrewster2000
06-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey guys we actually have a veteran Safety on the roster, Micheal Stone. C.C. can learn plenty from that guy. There always seems to be this misconception that young guys can only learn from veterans with a name that we all recognize....some peole on this board have tossed out Ty Law and Deion Sanders(both CB's not safeties) There are not any players that we could pick up that would improve our secondary minus Ty Law who is way too expensive and won't be playing with anyone if he doesn't drop his aking price. And C.C. will improve alot this year and so will Earl. Typically Safeties have vast improvements after their first season and again after the second where they tent to level out(I know it is the same with most players regardless of position but it seems to be the most noticable with Safeties). I am anticipating good things from both Safety positions this year from C.C. And Earl

Kaiser Toro
06-16-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't hate brown, I hate sky blue.

El Tejano
06-16-2006, 09:30 AM
It's not that he is terrible but for a team that is trying to turn the corner from the losing seasons, we would like to see someone back there who is more reliable.

He blew alot of coverages last season. Then again, so did many others but considering all the other teams we play like Manning and so on, we need reliability back there.

kingh99
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't hate brown, I hate sky blue.

What did Sky Blue ever do to you? She was great in Two Timing Tarts.

trane
06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
So why does everyone think he is terrible.[/QUOTE]

I don't think C.C. is terrible but its not like he did a "Blaine Bishop" and came out of nowhere to dominate. He has a lot of potential but I think that he should be still a backup instead of a starter. I think one of the biggest problems the Texans had last year was they had the mindset that if a player was the best of the bunch, he was good enough to play. Which is the wrong stance. Next thing you know, you got the likes of C.C. going up against Manning/Harrison. Luckily, we now have a coach that is contiously looking to improve as opposed to being happy with what he has.

To C.C.'s credit, Kubiak has not brought in any DB's which means that maybe he sees a strong future in C.C.

Runner
06-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I think one of the biggest problems the Texans had last year was they had the mindset that if a player was the best of the bunch, he was good enough to play.

This may be the first time I've heard this. I thought they used some sort of formula using years in the league and salary to determine many of their starting spots.

nunusguy
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Be carefull with that kind of talk. Them Puddle Pirates can be a tough crowd.:hunter: That's why they are all ove 6ft tall, so when the boat sinks they can wade ashore.
Hadn't heard that one, I like it !
But I'd never dis the Coast Guard guys, especially down here on the Gulf Coast in hurricane country. They pulled some real heroics last year, especially in the NOLA area in the after of the Katrina tragedy.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
06-16-2006, 11:04 AM
IS he ever going to be more than a decent back-up on a good defense? Probably not, but that's not hating. That's simply truth telling.

What makes you come to this conclusion? If it is your opinion, fine. But the day that your printed word (your posts) becomes "The truth" you begin to compete with the Bible or the Koran.... when in reality it is more like just "bs'ing with the boys".

Oh, what a minute ... from the avatar of Reggie Bush I might mistake that some people really do think it only takes one guy to win in the NFL instead of a team.

edo783
06-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Hadn't heard that one, I like it !
But I'd never dis the Coast Guard guys, especially down here on the Gulf Coast in hurricane country. They pulled some real heroics last year, especially in the NOLA area in the after of the Katrina tragedy.

Yup, there actually a good outfit, but don't tell them I said that.:yahoo:

BigTimeTexanFan
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I remeber Cass saying they had a second round grade on him but they knoew he would be there later because of his military commitment (and no it is not funny to discount the national guard). If that is TRUE, we hav a pair of young, raw, skilled players manning the safety positions assuming Earl plays SS and Brown plays FS. Hopefully they can grow and develop together and build some sort of cohesiveness back there. KNOWING and TRUSTIN what another player is and is capable of doing is an unmeasurable factor that I think can have a significant affect on a defense.

rafterticket
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I dont know what everyones deal is with C.C. Brown...What did he do wrong for the texans....NOTHING!!.........
So why does everyone think he is terrible?

I don't think anyone can really say he is good, bad or average. He is just another guy on a really badly coached team. If you've got no pass rush, then you can't really grade your secondary.

Kubes has no problem with the secondary, and that is good enough for me. With the improvements he has made to the DL, it looks like we might be able to fairly grade all of them.

Man, I wish training camp would start tomorrow. I can't wait for this season.

BigTimeTexanFan
06-16-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree. Also, the age thing has to be factored in. Look at how young our secondary is. They are still learning and developing. We don't have one person back there that can really be called a veteran. I am optimistic about our secondary. I do, however, reserve my judgement on Buchannon. Hopefully he improves under a new system, but I am a little leery about him.

jerek
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM
No seriously, who hates C.C. Brown again?

He's at least decent. I think he is an average physical specimen and an average thinker but he seems to make good use of what he's got.

Our secondary is probably our weakest point right now, but I look forward to seeing what they can do now that we will have authentic defensive pressure this year. No DB can keep up with a WR if the opposing QB routinely has five seconds to throw the ball. Great pressure up forces bad throws, keeps your DBs fresh, and allows them to maintain closer contact and make plays.

Man ... September really can't come soon enough.

BigTimeTexanFan
06-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Pressure up front has everything to do with the secondary's success. If you have two identical athletes and one is a receiver and the other one is a defensive back, the receiver will win the battle more often than not because he knows where he is going. The db has to read and react to the receiver. This is why DB's are concidered to be the best athletes on the field.

Insideop
06-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Yup, there actually a good outfit, but don't tell them I said that.:yahoo:

edo, what branch of service were you in? Were you a Squid, Jarhead, Grunt, or Zoomy? :patriot:

edo783
06-17-2006, 10:41 AM
edo, what branch of service were you in? Were you a Squid, Jarhead, Grunt, or Zoomy? :patriot:

Grunt - Spec. Op and then a Bubblehead.

Hulk75
06-17-2006, 11:34 AM

I think he is going to be a good player. CC and Glenn Earl I think could be very good...........They are just young, and I think the Pass rush that we are going to have is going to help out our DBs a whole lot, they will not have to cover Marvin and all these guys for over 4 seconds now.

DominickDavisFan76
06-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I know I honestly think that he will make the pro bowl in his career....
so C.C. have fun in Hawaii. :redtowel:

Insideop
06-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Grunt - Spec. Op and then a Bubblehead.

Spec. Op, was that in Nam? Ranger, GB, etc..?

Bubblehead, Fast Attack or Boomer?

Don't mean to pry, just curious. :patriot texanpride

Tulip
06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Given that he was a 6th round rookie on a terrible defense last year, I was quite impressed with him. I'm looking forward to seeing what a year of experience and better coaching yield.

mapleleaf
06-19-2006, 08:40 PM

His contributions have been overshadowed. That's why. Usually which is why he hasn't been the spotlight as much.

edo783
06-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Spec. Op, was that in Nam? Ranger, GB, etc..?

Bubblehead, Fast Attack or Boomer?

Don't mean to pry, just curious. :patriot texanpride

Yes, Nam. 1966 to 1968. GB then Boomer.

Scottyboy
06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Why does everyone hate C.C. Brown?

Ummm.... B/c he's not that good..
Decent Back up if best. :chicken:

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM

If he was a decent back up at best I don't think he would have passed up Marcus Coleman for the starting job...

Scottyboy
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
OK, and Coleman was a saftey???? no, and ageing....

Im sure you'll say next we should have never cut Aaron Glen to, right?

TexanFan881
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
OK, and Coleman was a saftey???? no, and ageing....

Im sure you'll say next we should have never cut Aaron Glen to, right?

I wouldn't have said it if you didn't bring it up, but yes, after how poorly Buchanon played he could have used some veteran advice and the team could have used a solid #2 CB. C.C. was a solid as a rookie last year and I'm sure he has improved even more over the offseason. He is probably an average-very slightly below average safety, and I'm sure he'll shape up fine this year.

BigTimeTexanFan
06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't get too worked up by scottyboy, he's just rying to :stirpot:
Just wants to get a rise

Scottyboy
06-20-2006, 06:19 PM
WTF? im not getting a rise you werido, this is a debate message board.
People dis-agree all the time, me and Texan agree on some issues and dis agree. I beleive it is you trying to stir up some ****e.

AFD1717
06-20-2006, 07:06 PM
WTF? im not getting a rise you werido, this is a debate message board.
People dis-agree all the time, me and Texan agree on some issues and dis agree. I beleive it is you trying to stir up some ****e.

Maybe I'm getting old. What is ****e? Two more letters and I'll get it.

Thanks.

rmartin65
06-20-2006, 07:18 PM
CC was one of the better performers on D last year. I think he can be pretty good with good coaching.

Insideop
06-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Yes, Nam. 1966 to 1968. GB then Boomer.

Whew! That must have been a big adjustment!

Incase you're wondering, I missed Nam, but served 10 and a 1/2 years as a "squid" in the "airdale" community mostly in P.I.

texanpride :patriot

TexanFan881
06-21-2006, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't get too worked up by scottyboy, he's just rying to :stirpot:
Just wants to get a rise

Believe it or not, everything I said I believe and stand by 100%. I'm not here to be Bobo or something. Scottyboy you couldn't have said it better, but like AFD, I have no idea what that word is lol.

Scottyboy
06-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Much Respect TexanFan881. Thanks for Clearing that up!

Vambo, the Marble Eye
06-21-2006, 04:04 PM

Oh, wow... With convincing eloquence based on what must have been exhaustive research from a sizable collection of vintage bubble gum wrappers... I am compelled to agree with your point of view.

El Tejano
06-22-2006, 11:01 AM
They hate him because he wont just go by a first name instead of those darn CC's.

DominickDavisFan76
06-22-2006, 12:38 PM
His name is Ceandris right? (tell me if I spelled it wrong)

TK_Gamer
06-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I think the competition and coaching in TC should clear up our muddy DB situation. I would like them to at least look at schulters for depth at the 2 safety spots though.

El Tejano
06-22-2006, 03:20 PM
My brother is in the Coast Guard and when he was in boot two guys who transferred from the Marines could not take the boot camp.

He even escorted some Marines on one of his ships and they couldn't handle the waters. Of course it didn't help that my brother was eating sardines and mustard with milk.:redtowel: