PDA

View Full Version : Kubes and Bennie

cj5776
06-15-2006, 12:51 AM
I know I am blowing this way out of line, but... did anybody read the bowling story....

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2636&section=N%20Latest%20News

It really seems like Kubes was making fun of Bennie Jop. for comming close to throwing the perfect game but not finishing. "He choked" I think were his exact words. I wonder if he is looking for a reason not to like Bennie since he might not be a perfect fit for his offense and might not be one of HIS players. Does anyone else see that or is it just me?

texan279
06-15-2006, 12:58 AM
I know I am blowing this way out of line, but... did anybody read the bowling story....

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2636&section=N%20Latest%20News

It really seems like Kubes was making fun of Bennie Jop. for comming close to throwing the perfect game but not finishing. "He choked" I think were his exact words. I wonder if he is looking for a reason not to like Bennie since he might not be a perfect fit for his offense and might not be one of HIS players. Does anyone else see that or is it just me?

This is the only thing I found in the article that Kubiak said about Joppru's bowling game/score...

“He couldn’t handle the pressure,” Kubiak said smiling.

BigTimeTexanFan
06-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I don't think Kubiak has the luxury of using onlu "his" players. Why would a coach not want to utilize a talent just because they didn't draft him. I hope they're egos aren't that big because if they are that is a serious roadblock in the development of the team. In fact, if a coach can effectively use someone that another coach couldn't, that makes him look even better.:twocents:

cj5776
06-15-2006, 01:11 AM
This is the only thing I found in the article that Kubiak said about Joppru's bowling game/score...

choke, not handling pressure, they are both kinda the same

texan279
06-15-2006, 01:22 AM
choke, not handling pressure, they are both kinda the same

And it also said he said it with a smile, you are reading way too much into the comment. I don't think Kubes gives a rat's !@# what Bennie bowls, it's what he does on the field that counts.

cj5776
06-15-2006, 01:29 AM
And it also said he said it with a smile, you are reading way too much into the comment. I don't think Kubes gives a rat's !@# what Bennie bowls, it's what he does on the field that counts.

As long as he can handle pressure, ha ha.

SnakeOilTanker
06-15-2006, 02:08 AM
o crap he can't bowl

I wonder if Billy Miller can bowl better...lets sign him back...he was a bronco at one point

cincyTEXAN
06-15-2006, 03:08 AM
other than bowling....lol....all i have heard is praise about jop and how day in and day out he is busting his butt to try and make this team. nevertheless we have 6 tight ends vying for 3 maybe 4 spots on the roster.i hope he makes it.

JAXwithanX
06-15-2006, 04:53 AM

welcome to the board....everyone meet Bennie's big brother....Chris Joppru

wicked_wayz
06-15-2006, 05:22 AM

yeah totally agree with you, people are reading way top much into this, its BOWLING for crying out loud, not football:brickwall

Runner
06-15-2006, 07:20 AM
yeah totally agree with you, people are reading way top much into this, its BOWLING for crying out loud, not football

I don't know, this quote from Kubiak really bothers me:

I think they’ve been busting their butts for a month

Do you think he's just preparing the fans for an injury plagued season? Do you think the team has been covering up injuries? I will continue to analyze these 10 words, without context, and let you know my conclusions. :rolleyes:

Texans_Chick
06-15-2006, 07:56 AM

Do you think he's just preparing the fans for an injury plagued season? Do you think the team has been covering up injuries? I will continue to analyze these 10 words, without context, and let you know my conclusions. :rolleyes:

LOL!

I got to spread the rep but that's pretty funny.

I think there should be a ban this season on parsing player and coach words.

powerfuldragon
06-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Kubiak wears sweats outside during the summer. that means he wants to cut andre johnson.

real
06-15-2006, 08:58 AM

I think you need to relax...

Texans Horror
06-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Does anybody know how the golf game went? I only ask because I want to correlate the Texans' ability to shoot birdies with their chances of beating the Eagles.

cj5776
06-15-2006, 10:49 AM
I know I brought the pain upon myself, but still... if a coach feels a player can not handle pressure...

Just part of the boring offseason. Thanks for the feedback.

rafterticket
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM

The AP reported in mid March that Jonathan Wells blew a shuffleboard game to Bryan Pittmann. He has never returned to the Reliant complex.

The Pencil Neck
06-15-2006, 12:23 PM

As long as he doesn't INJURE himself bowling...
:brickwall

Porky
06-15-2006, 01:49 PM
I just heard Mckiney lost a pickup game of basketball to his brother Seth in their driveway. There goes our left guard. Once Kubes gets word that Steve choked, I think he will be on the waiver wire. Are there any guards available who can bowl like Earl Anthony , shoot hoops like Michael Jordan, and play shuffleboard as well as Wilford Brimley?

Runner
06-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Not to worry. Bennie limits his injuries to the football field.

kcwilson
06-15-2006, 02:07 PM
You never know with Bennie...

...just to be safe, I think he should put his bubble wrap suit back on until TC begins...

Meloy
06-15-2006, 02:47 PM
LOL!

I got to spread the rep but that's pretty funny.

I think there should be a ban this season on parsing player and coach words.And exactly what do you mean by "parsing" is that slang for "passing"? Are you attacking David Carr? You must be a DC hater and Bush fanatic. Oh wait, parsing really is a word. oops! Sorry. I crack me up. At least the entertainment in my world is cheap.:bananasplit:

Meloy
06-15-2006, 02:52 PM
:brickwall Never happen. You have to wear a helmet and bowling license must be in effect and hanging from your fruit of the loom in plain sight in case someone needs to verify you are a licensed spinner of the hard fat ball.Can you imagine the carnage if a cue ball was the size of a bowling ball? Wait I am getting off the subject. What was the subject?

DRAMA
06-15-2006, 03:06 PM

:)

Now that was funny!!

TwinSisters
06-15-2006, 04:33 PM
What in the hell is going on here?

Runner
06-15-2006, 04:43 PM

Parsing. Just a little parsing.

Seńor Stan
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM

I think the problem is that Kubiak doesn't have one of these :sarcasm:

Seriously. It was just Kubes poking a little fun at an outstanding bowling performance by Joppru.

from the article “He couldn’t handle the pressure,” Kubiak said smiling.

cj5776
06-15-2006, 10:42 PM

I have no idea, I had no idea this thread would go this far.

Texas
06-15-2006, 10:55 PM
He was being sarcastic