PDA

View Full Version : How will Carr have to prove himself to Houston?

WiiBrawler
06-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Our offseason has been revolving around fixing our team,getting pieces to the 4-3 defense,and giving Carr the weapons he needs to suceed.

.We got Kevin Walter for a seventh round pick, not exaclty an upgrade from last year but still good.

.We got a veteran receiver in Eric Moulds who take the heat of AJ

.We've fixed our offensive line by getting a great center in Mike Flangan,moving McKinney to Guard where he belongs,we've picked up Eric Winston and Charles Spencer.

. And We got the perfect coach to get him over the hump with Gary Kubiak.

Now that he has all the weapons how will he have to prove himself so we can know that made the right move in picking up his option over Drafting Vince Young

Here is what he has to do in my mind:

He will have to make fewer mistakes, give the city something to be excited about like passing the game-winning touchdown at the end of regulation, or he will have to get us back from like 14 down or somthing, but the most important thing is he will have to lead us to the playoffs in 2 years, the city has been waiting for something to cheer about, he has 4 years of experience and the city is getting impatient.

What do you guys think?

swtbound07
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
He has a year in my book..i didnt want to give it to him, but we've been given no choice. He needs to stop sacking himself, he needs to buy himself time in the pocket, and he needs to stop locking onto recievers and making bad decisions with the football.

texan279
06-13-2006, 03:44 PM
We should start to see SOME improvement by the middle of the season, but I am giving him this full season and maybe the first half of next season to see a big improvement, and that is due to the new coaches and players. Not only that but Kubiak seems to be giving the team as a whole a clean slate to start with.

real
06-13-2006, 03:45 PM
I think he just has to win...If Carr is just a mediocre QB, but wins...people won't be calling for his head

FSUBulldog
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Our offseason has been revolving around fixing our team,getting pieces to the 4-3 defense,and giving Carr the weapons he needs to suceed.

.We got Kevin Walter for a seventh round pick, not exaclty an upgrade from last year but still good.

.We've fixed our offensive line by getting a great center in Mike Flangan,moving McKinney to Guard where he belongs,we've picked up Eric Winston and Charles Spencer.

Now that he has all the weapons how will he have to prove himself so we can know that made the right move in picking up his option over Drafting Vince Young

He will have to make fewer mistakes, give the city something to be excited about like passing the game-winning touchdown at the end of regulation, or he will have to get us back from like 14 down or somthing, but the most important thing is he will have to lead us to the playoffs in 2 years, the city has been waiting for something to cheer about, he has 4 years of experience and the city is getting impatient.

What do you guys think?

Before stating my position, here's a list of qualifying statements regarding Carr:

1) It's well-documented that Carr has received little support on the offensive line and in the skill positions during his first four years in the league. This has hampered his growth as well as his confidence level to-date.

2) Given statement #1, he performance has fluctuated between "really good" and "mediocre" during this period. The Ram game last year ("really good") vs. the repeated times he's run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.

3) He's a physically tough individual who has shown an amazing chin given the number of times he has been leveled in his career.

4) I'm a Fresno State alum who has watched him since his first start in college and every game of his Texans career. While I have a normal bias towards wanting to see him succeed, I can remain objective regarding a player from my hometown. ("No, Trent Dilfer was never a star QB, even in college" and "No, Billy Volek doesn't have more upside than Vince Young")

All that said, I fail to see how anything short of a playoff and a Pro Bowl appearance by DC this year will calm the rumbling about him as the Texans starting QB. Maybe there is a large undercurrent of fans who really support him, but based on my readings, they are generally not on this board. If he does lead the Texans to the playoffs and earns a PB spot, he would be "tolerated", not "accepted" by the Houston faithful.

I'm just not sure he can realistically live up to the expectations of the masses at this point. While I hate to say this, the more I read the more I realize that a change of scenery might be the most fair thing for DC at this point in his career. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've just been reading this MB too much this offseason, and maybe the voices I keep hearing are the vocal minority, but when I look at what it will take for DC to be accepted here, I wonder if the expectation is at all realistic given the past four years of mediocracy that has surrounded this team and city.

the wonger need food
06-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Overall, the bar is pretty low for Big Dave. If he looks good with his shirt off that will be enough for a lot of people. If he can look like an actual NFL QB for more than a few plays at a time, and win games, that will be good enough for me.

swtbound07
06-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Before stating my position, here's a list of qualifying statements regarding Carr:

1) It's well-documented that Carr has received little support on the offensive line and in the skill positions during his first four years in the league. This has hampered his growth as well as his confidence level to-date.

2) Given statement #1, he performance has fluctuated between "really good" and "mediocre" during this period. The Ram game last year ("really good") vs. the repeated times he's run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.

3) He's a physically tough individual who has shown an amazing chin given the number of times he has been leveled in his career.

4) I'm a Fresno State alum who has watched him since his first start in college and every game of his Texans career. While I have a normal bias towards wanting to see him succeed, I can remain objective regarding a player from my hometown. ("No, Trent Dilfer was never a star QB, even in college" and "No, Billy Volek doesn't have more upside than Vince Young")

All that said, I fail to see how anything short of a playoff and a Pro Bowl appearance by DC this year will calm the rumbling about him as the Texans starting QB. Maybe there is a large undercurrent of fans who really support him, but based on my readings, they are generally not on this board. If he does lead the Texans to the playoffs and earns a PB spot, he would be "tolerated", not "accepted" by the Houston faithful.

I'm just not sure he can realistically live up to the expectations of the masses at this point. While I hate to say this, the more I read the more I realize that a change of scenery might be the most fair thing for DC at this point in his career. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've just been reading this MB too much this offseason, and maybe the voices I keep hearing are the vocal minority, but when I look at what it will take for DC to be accepted here, I wonder if the expectation is at all realistic given the past four years of mediocracy that has surrounded this team and city.

Really good and mediocre? Please. He has fluctuated between piss poor and substandard, and has shown 2 flashes of above average in his career, st. louis and some of arizona. You can say it was the line, and say it was the skill positions all you like, but the reality is eventually some of the onus for his performance has to be on him.

real
06-13-2006, 04:06 PM

2) Given statement #1, he performance has fluctuated between "really good" and "mediocre" during this period. The Ram game last year ("really good") vs. the repeated times he's run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage..

Try the range of Mediocre to Very Poor...

If he does lead the Texans to the playoffs and earns a PB spot, he would be "tolerated", not "accepted" by the Houston faithful .

Good Point...

I look at what it will take for DC to be accepted here.

There are going to be some people who will ride DC forever...Some because they didn't want him from day one...and some because we didn't get vince...DC is probably never going to have overwhelming support in Houston unless he saves some kids from a fire or something...I personally don't Care for Carr as a player, but I think that he can win for us....Now having said all that I would love for Carr to prove me wrong and show why he was the #1 pick...

Eyeguy
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
He must first stay healthy. A major injury to Carr will effect this team more than any other player on the roster. The loss of D. Rob would be 2nd

real
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
He must first stay healthy.

Watch many Texan Games ?

Double Barrel
06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey, hey, another Carr thread. Haven't seen one of these around in...ohhh...a few minutes. ;)

Carr will have to prove himself by making more plays than mistakes. Over 20 sacks last year were the result of his decisions. So he'll need to learn to get rid of the ball to avoid the sack.

In addition, he'll need to be able to read defenses and make adjustments accordingly. I'm sure Kubiak will give him more than just dump passes for options, so the verdict is out if he'll succeed in this area.

Another concern is his tendency to lock onto receivers. Of course, having protection is a big part of the time required to see other receiving options, so this will be something that he'll learn as he begins to trust his line.

I'd say proving himself to Houston fans would be 3,000+ yards passing, 20+ TDs, 10- INTs, 20- sacks.

I can't pin win/loss records or playoff appearances on one man, considering it's a team sport. But individual stats might shed some light on his progress.

Vinny
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
He must first stay healthy. A major injury to Carr will effect this team more than any other player on the roster. The loss of D. Rob would be 2ndWe really haven't struggled when Carr has been on the sideline. Even an awful QB like Banks kept us in games (and won some) the few times Carr has been out.

Tex Trenches
06-13-2006, 04:32 PM
He just needs to absorb everything Kubiak is feeding him and everything will fall into place, or should I say fall into the hands of his respected targets. His skill level still puts him in the upper echelon of NFL quaterbacks. So if he just takes what the defenses are giving him I think the skies the limit for David this year. A pro bowl apperance is surely within reach this year. As a matter of fact, if I was a betting man I would be banking on it.

El Tejano
06-13-2006, 04:35 PM
I think he will need to lead some come from behind wins, and demonstrate some flawlessness in alot more games.

He's already proven his toughness so that isn't something we need to see.

To be honest with you I would like to see him play the way he did in the second half against Minnesota.

hollywood_texan
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I think Carr can prove himself in one of two ways next year:

1. The Texans win lots of games (make the playoffs) and he has his 2004 numbers with more a dozen more TDs and less INT and sacks. Basically, play like Tom Brady, not amazing statisically but getting the job done and a leader.

2. The team loses consistently and he needs to have numbers to start the mentioning of Payton Manning's name with his.

If you think about it Carr doesn't have a full year to prove himself. I am sure Kubiak is not going to allow him endless opportunities the entire year.

Carr has to start off strong and he really needs a good or big game against the Eagles. If they lose that game, it is reasonable to see a 1-3 or 0-4 start and continuing that slide.

Mark this down, those first four games are going to be critical to Carr's career as a Texan.

I can't wait for the home opener!

Meloy
06-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Possibilities: 1. Carr does well but losses add up. 2. Wins come but Carr looks average or worse 3. Carr looks average or worse and losses mount 4. Carr looks great and team wins more than 8 games. In my opinion, only # 4 will satisfy most fans.

HoustonFan
06-13-2006, 05:31 PM

What do you guys think?

You touched on alot, but this one does it for me. I think this guy can be a beast despite what the majority might say. I remember the 2nd season how we lost so many close games by like no more than 3 - most of which came down to a field goal - that season should have been the winning season, at least 9 -7. Carr was injured that season and when Banks and Ragone went down he was back in the mix and put together some awesome 2 minute drills - hurt and all. All and all he's gotta lead this team or at least step it up in the leadership area. Make it happen, D. Carr.

TK_Gamer
06-13-2006, 06:16 PM
ok, i would say management made a choice this year to address needs, our biggest 2 needs were pass rush and stop pass rush. they did that, how it turns out is in the future that we cant predict. they could have went offense and dumped Carr and picked up vince young. then we would have a rookie QB with 3 years of growth ahead of him. so we wouldnt have made a huge turnaround everyone thinks if they would have grabbed vince young. with the choice they made of going defense and pass protection, we will be a better football team for years to come, regardless of who our QB is. so me personally , I'm gonna watch our defense improve this year, give Carr his chance by default, and if needed we can adress the QB position next year or the year after. I dont think David Carr is gonna lose games for us. but he may keep us in the game and maybe even gain confidence thru the season and become the QB everyone hopes he will be. I'm actually more worried about how improved our O-line becomes, because that will be a factor whoever takes the snaps. I think its gonna be fun to watch though :)

swtbound07
06-13-2006, 06:20 PM
ok, i would say management made a choice this year to address needs, our biggest 2 needs were pass rush and stop pass rush. they did that, how it turns out is in the future that we cant predict. they could have went offense and dumped Carr and picked up vince young. then we would have a rookie QB with 3 years of growth ahead of him. so we wouldnt have made a huge turnaround everyone thinks if they would have grabbed vince young. with the choice they made of going defense and pass protection, we will be a better football team for years to come, regardless of who our QB is. so me personally , I'm gonna watch our defense improve this year, give Carr his chance by default, and if needed we can adress the QB position next year or the year after. I dont think David Carr is gonna lose games for us. but he may keep us in the game and maybe even gain confidence thru the season and become the QB everyone hopes he will be. I'm actually more worried about how improved our O-line becomes, because that will be a factor whoever takes the snaps. I think its gonna be fun to watch though :)

Did it take rothlisberger 3 years to become a champion?

TK_Gamer
06-13-2006, 06:25 PM
have you ever seen vince young play? his habits and abilities would have to change drasticly to play in the nfl, he depended on a set system to produce the numbers he got. shotgun, option plays?, sidearm?

Texas
06-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Ur crazy...Walters will be as good or better as Gaffney was...This guy has talent,.

axman40
06-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey, hey, another Carr thread. Haven't seen one of these around in...ohhh...a few minutes. ;)

Carr will have to prove himself by making more plays than mistakes. Over 20 sacks last year were the result of his decisions. So he'll need to learn to get rid of the ball to avoid the sack.

In addition, he'll need to be able to read defenses and make adjustments accordingly. I'm sure Kubiak will give him more than just dump passes for options, so the verdict is out if he'll succeed in this area.

Another concern is his tendency to lock onto receivers. Of course, having protection is a big part of the time required to see other receiving options, so this will be something that he'll learn as he begins to trust his line.

I'd say proving himself to Houston fans would be 3,000+ yards passing, 20+ TDs, 10- INTs, 20- sacks.

I can't pin win/loss records or playoff appearances on one man, considering it's a team sport. But individual stats might shed some light on his progress.
Hey DB can we make this the stock answer for all the future , what does DC have to do threads?

:cool:

Hulk75
06-13-2006, 07:43 PM

What do you guys think?
You dont want to know what I think...............Just Kidding, He is going to be just fine, he has a real shot now.

It is time! Baby!

Corrosion
06-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I could care less about stats ..... Save One . And thats the number in the win column . DC has to win football games . That is the bottom line . The numbers dont have to be flashy but the W's must add up .

As for those of you who say that DC or other players "Will be given a year to get it together " or how ever you wanna phrase it . I dont think thats the case . If You know Kubiak ... You know that every player on the roster will be held accountable , No if's and's or but's . That hasnt been the case with this team before but I can tell you that changed the day Kubiak was hired . Ive known the guy since 1972 . He wont accept anything less than their best . Carr will be held accountable just like anyone else on the roster .

infantrycak
06-13-2006, 11:18 PM
I could care less about stats ..... Save One . And thats the number in the win column . DC has to win football games . That is the bottom line . The numbers dont have to be flashy but the W's must add up .

And Kubiak also knows QB's don't win football games--teams do. If the losses pile up, he will look for the folks underperforming (Carr may or may not be one of them), not just stick it automatically on Carr.

Wharton
06-14-2006, 12:50 AM
He has a year in my book..i didnt want to give it to him, but we've been given no choice. He needs to stop sacking himself, he needs to buy himself time in the pocket, and he needs to stop locking onto recievers and making bad decisions with the football.Couldn't of said it better myself. I expect the whole team, not just DC to look bad for the first half of the season, then in the second half things should start to pick up.
If he does lead the Texans to the playoffs and earns a PB spot, he would be "tolerated", not "accepted" by the Houston faithfulI don't agree with this statement at all. There are a bunch of people here in Houston who think DC hung the moon. I'm just not one of those people. I'll be more then happy to eat crow if DC turns out to be a good QB. Granted, by good QB, I mean having more then one good season.

Don't forget Drew Breez stunk up San Diego for years before he blossomed and Hassleback, in Seatle, was written off many times before he started winning. Thing could still work out for DC here, but, he has a lot to prove as well.

threetoedpete
06-14-2006, 12:58 AM

Yeah well, Big Ben won't be pickin' any boogers anytime soon. Helps quite
a bit when you got a HOF canidate at LG. We got another OL shuffle.
Lot of great points on the thread. I don't know what we're going to do if DC does come around. If it wasn't for the dung flung on the boards about how bad DC plays, their would be nothing to post in June. I stuck my neck on the block earlier...27 TDs 12 int's.
I believe we'll be closer to 5-11 than 11-5. Never know. Upset the eagle, o-line comes around, get on an early run, all things are possible. Carr would have to put us in the AFC title game befor people on this board stop grippin' about him. And even then, there would be those who would still be cryin' that because we didn't get to the SB.....DC suxs. I do believe DC will win a SB befor his career is over. My hope is DC gets a fair shot one day with a decent team. Hopefully that will be here.

Hutch13
06-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Hassleback, in Seatle, was written off many times before he started winning.

Not exactly he only had one bad season that was 7 tds after that he had 15 26 22 24 TDS

bayoudreamn
06-14-2006, 02:18 AM
He has a year in my book..i didnt want to give it to him, but we've been given no choice. He needs to stop sacking himself, he needs to buy himself time in the pocket, and he needs to stop locking onto recievers and making bad decisions with the football.

"stop locking onto receivers".....that's hilarious considering this teams history

bayoudreamn
06-14-2006, 02:23 AM
He must first stay healthy. A major injury to Carr will effect this team more than any other player on the roster. The loss of D. Rob would be 2nd

Pretty interesting statement considering all the whiners on here calling him mediocre

bayoudreamn
06-14-2006, 02:24 AM
We really haven't struggled when Carr has been on the sideline. Even an awful QB like Banks kept us in games (and won some) the few times Carr has been out.

LOL

swtbound07
06-14-2006, 02:37 AM
"stop locking onto receivers".....that's hilarious considering this teams history

Carr doesnt make reads....not much of a joke.

Hutch13
06-14-2006, 02:49 AM

im pretty sure that wasnt a joke

bayoudreamn
06-14-2006, 02:52 AM

He only had ONE receiver. Who else could he look at, Gaffney never turned around until after coverage broke down.

bayoudreamn
06-14-2006, 02:57 AM

didn't think it was.....my point is that with the oline problems we've had, it's kinda hard to accuse the qb of locking on a receiver. 1.5 seconds isn't much of a lock.

texan279
06-14-2006, 03:07 AM

No took him two years, Willie Parker, Jerome Bettis, one of the best O lines in the NFL, Hines Ward, Randle El, Bill Cowher, and the 4th ranked defense in the NFL to win that championship.

bayoudreamn
06-14-2006, 03:09 AM
No took him two years, Willie Parker, Jerome Bettis, one of the best O lines in the NFL, Hines Ward, Randle El, Bill Cowher, and the 4th ranked defense in the NFL to win that championship.

Exactly!

texman8
06-14-2006, 03:32 AM

Come on... Big Ben came into perfect situation with Steelers most rookie QBs don't find themselves fortunate to join. Great defense...very good running game with established OL...good WRs.....All Steelers asked from Ben was to manage the game and avoid big mistakes . Give credit to BR for the poise in leading Steelers to SB win.

Napa Auto Parts
06-14-2006, 03:37 AM
All i need from david for him to prove me wrong is Stop Sacking himself For the sake of QB rating throw the freaking ball up in the air when the game is on the line with a chance to win it dont just take a sack. show you can lead stop looking like a puppy that just got kiced out of he's owners house on the sideline.

bigbrewster2000
06-14-2006, 09:21 AM

Did we have anywere close to the team around Carr that Big Ben had in Pittsburgh? NO!!! That is a really bad point you are attempting to make. All he did was manage the team while they stuffed it down the opposing teams throat, and wrecked them on Defense. Does Ben have talent absolutely, but Carr may have been able to do very similar things with the same team.

Come on, when it's all said and done if we are winning why does it matter if Carr makes the Pro Bowl. I just want a guy that can manage the team to wins and a Super Bowl. If he can do that then his numbers from whatever year are fine with me. Most likely though I can realistically see him with similar numbers to 2004 with more TD's and a few less picks( he has never really thrown many picks though)

Texans_Chick
06-14-2006, 09:25 AM
And Kubiak also knows QB's don't win football games--teams do. If the losses pile up, he will look for the folks underperforming (Carr may or may not be one of them), not just stick it automatically on Carr.

This post is too rational. What is it doing in this thread? :redtowel:

powerfuldragon
06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
This post is too rational. What is it doing in this thread? :redtowel:

agreed, delete please.

infantrycak
06-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Carr doesnt make reads....not much of a joke.

IMO this has been stated and now is getting repeated by lots of folks who really haven't sat down and watched the film. Watching film shows Carr's head moving to look at multiple targets on many to most passing plays. He was bad about pulling the trigger on anything other than primary or dump-offs, but he was looking frequently.

My theory is Capers and co. put the screws to what Carr was supposed to consider "open" after his 3 INT's at Indy in '04. Before that Carr was taking shots into double coverage to AJ and to Gaffney as 2nd option (19 passes total in that game and the 3 preceding, 2 total in the 4 games after) and Armstrong (11 Indy and 3 before, 3 in the 4 games after). Over that time period AJ got 22 passes in Indy and the 3 before (other WR's 38 total--that would be 63% to the other WR's--pretty good job of never looking at them) and 20 in the 4 games after (other WR's 10 total). AJ still got his passes--the other WR's dropped out of the game. Lest anyone think the D's got tougher--actually the opposite is true--the average passing D ranking for Indy and the 3 preceding games was 19th--the average passing D ranking for the 4 after was 23rd. Seems unlikely IMO that Carr woke up and decided not to throw to other WR's all on his own and lost his ability suddenly to read other WR's.

swtbound07
06-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Did we have anywere close to the team around Carr that Big Ben had in Pittsburgh? NO!!! That is a really bad point you are attempting to make. All he did was manage the team while they stuffed it down the opposing teams throat, and wrecked them on Defense. Does Ben have talent absolutely, but Carr may have been able to do very similar things with the same team.

Come on, when it's all said and done if we are winning why does it matter if Carr makes the Pro Bowl. I just want a guy that can manage the team to wins and a Super Bowl. If he can do that then his numbers from whatever year are fine with me. Most likely though I can realistically see him with similar numbers to 2004 with more TD's and a few less picks( he has never really thrown many picks though)

I wasn't making that point in reference to David Carr. Someone pointed out that Vince Young has a 3 year wait before he is successful, and I was merely pointing out the fallacy of such a baseless assumption.

bigbrewster2000
06-14-2006, 11:00 AM
I wasn't making that point in reference to David Carr. Someone pointed out that Vince Young has a 3 year wait before he is successful, and I was merely pointing out the fallacy of such a baseless assumption.

Well my point could be made with VY. Had he been on our team it would likely take 3 years considering our team doesn't really compare to the Steelers. Either way bad point.

swtbound07
06-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Well my point could be made with VY. Had he been on our team it would likely take 3 years considering our team doesn't really compare to the Steelers. Either way bad point.

Again, not saying Vince Young would have won if he was a Texan. Take the Texans out of the picture. Im saying that rookie quarterbacks dont have some random, arbitrary 3 year standard of success. Eli Manning in year 2, Rothlishberger in year 2 (and year one, actually.) And I am a bit tired of people saying "With Vince you have to wait 3 years for him to be an NFL qb". Well you just don't know that. He is going to get reps this year, and could be highly successful. You just don't know until he plays.

Hulk75
What makes me laugh sometimes is that people acctually start to believe the stuff that they write............

I am not worried period, what ever arguments you have about Carr do not matter cause that QB that you saw and the QB that your going to see are TWO totally different guys. With totally different players and TOTALLY different COACHES and game plans.

He cant read a defense blaw blaw blaw, if he could not he would not be on a team right now, thats a stupid argument, one of the worst when reffering to Carr, If he cant read a defense I wonder what will happen to Vince Young:cool: .

AFD1717
He only had ONE receiver. Who else could he look at, Gaffney never turned around until after coverage broke down.

I can't remember which game it was in, but I do remember Carr hitting Gaffney in the elbow while he was looking the other direction. Obviously he didn't catch the ball and he looked annoyed that Carr had thrown it to him early. Maybe he wasn't supposed to get the ball until he had made his cut, but he was open and with an o-line like ours was last year - be ready to get the ball in a hurry. I miss what Gaffney could have been a lot more than I miss what he was.

swtbound07
06-14-2006, 11:08 AM
What makes me laugh sometimes is that people acctually start to believe the stuff that they write............

I am not worried period, what ever arguments you have about Carr do not matter cause that QB that you saw and the QB that your going to see are TWO totally different guys.
He cant read a defense blaw blaw blaw, if he could not he would not be on a team right now, thats a stupid argument, one of the worst when reffering to Carr, If he cant read a defense I wonder what will happen to Vince Young:cool: .

You have absolutely nothing to base that on besides faith. Talk to me when we have results, not when your getting your hopes up to get them crushed again. He hasn't been reading defenses, and you dont know how Vince is going to be at the NFL level....unless you have a hotline to the psychic realm that Im unaware of.

Hulk75
06-14-2006, 11:14 AM
You have absolutely nothing to base that on besides faith. Talk to me when we have results, not when your getting your hopes up to get them crushed again. He hasn't been reading defenses, and you dont know how Vince is going to be at the NFL level....unless you have a hotline to the psychic realm that Im unaware of.
Such anger.........

I have nothing to base it on, is Dom still here and Palmer, Gaffney, Wells, Matt Murphy, is Pendry still calling the plays, do we still have the sorry line coach, is Bradford still here. Are you kidding me.

Dont start talking crazy, I have no base yea your right, ALL those guys last year that we had are better then the guys we have now.

Getting my hopes up, has not failed me yet.

swtbound07
06-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I have nothing to base it on, is Dom still here and Palmer, Gaffney, Wells, Matt Murphy, is Pendry still calling the plays, do we still have the sorry line coach, is Bradford still here. Are you kidding me.

Dont start talking crazy, I have no base yea your right, ALL those guys last year that we had are better then the guys we have now.

I didn't say that...I merely said carr has proven nothing and he hasn't. You can choose to assign the blame for Carr's failure's wherever you please...i pick carr.

infantrycak
06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
You have absolutely nothing to base that on besides faith.

Well faith maybe and
A revamped OL-and OL guru coaches
Upgraded WR's
Upgraded TE's
New offensive philosophy/system

Really doesn't seem like much of a faith thing IMO. In the same fashion it wouldn't be faith IMO to predict Vince Young having a better season if he had gone to Pittsburgh vs. the Titans--it is just a better situation to develop and play in. Would Big Ben have had anywhere near the success if he had been drafted higher as he hoped, say to Arizona, Cleveland or Detriot?--doesn't seem likely. Recognizing that the team around any player effects that player as well is not an excuse for them or blame--it is simple reality--Carr has to be part of the improvement as well.

Hulk75
06-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I didn't say that...I merely said carr has proven nothing and he hasn't. You can choose to assign the blame for Carr's failure's wherever you please...i pick carr.
You want to go back and fourth with me on this.................Ask me a question you have about this guy, an acctual event or a play that happened I will gladly break it down for you so you can watch games with a clue this year.

Blame "NO", Facts Yes and you cant argue with facts.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
06-14-2006, 12:22 PM
O.K. here we go. DC in my eyes has never had a chance to play behind and solid O-line in his four years as a pro. Players changing position every two or three games or riding pine because you made the defence minded coach mad,give me a break. Kub isnow in charge. DC WILL learn from him. I'm look at one of mini F.B. mags and did any of you relize DC had the most rushing yards for a QB in the AFC only Vick had more.I read some were capers held carr back from running when things broke down and Kub has just the opp. approach telling carr to tuck the ball and run if he can pickup some yardage.Given this with the new line, new off. new coach,DD and AS in the back field, AJ and EM on the sides where does a defence defend? I look for DC to good have year, and prove all VY fans were wrong. Keep in mind Kub. is a ball control type coach who likes his Offence on the field. DC will make mistakes its a given,new system he will have growing pains but he now has some gifted players in front,behind and beside him.Look at plummers #s in Den. 90.2 QB. rating I think DC can pick his #s up to this.Man this off season is way to long. Texans Football I Can't Wait

dwilt72
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
He could start by not running out of bounds 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage every time he gets a little pressure on him. :brickwall :brickwall I was a HUGE Carr fan until last year. He really took a step back last year. Personally, I think he needs to spend time at the stadium watching film and quit worrying about running home to the wife and kids. I'm afraid that he has become another Jim Everett. He seems to run from pressure that isn't always there. He just needs to settle down and run the offense. Who know, if Kubiak turned around Jake the Snake, maybe there's still hope.

Lucky
06-14-2006, 01:23 PM
...Personally, I think he needs to spend time at the stadium watching film and quit worrying about running home to the wife and kids.
It took 3 pages before someone played the "Carr spends too much time with his family" card? You guys are losing your touch. What we need here is a Carr-bashing mini-camp.

hollywood_texan
06-14-2006, 01:27 PM
With all the Carr talk,

IS THERE A BULLDOG IN THE HOUSE?

EF55
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
He could start by not running out of bounds 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage every time he gets a little pressure on him. :brickwall :brickwall I was a HUGE Carr fan until last year. He really took a step back last year. Personally, I think he needs to spend time at the stadium watching film and quit worrying about running home to the wife and kids. I'm afraid that he has become another Jim Everett. He seems to run from pressure that isn't always there. He just needs to settle down and run the offense. Who know, if Kubiak turned around Jake the Snake, maybe there's still hope.

The thing with jake though is that he showed over his career prior to Kubiak an ability to take the game on his shoulders late in the game and pull out wins regardless of playing for a lousy team or not.

Carr needs to start by first just being a good manager of the game. Defenses will keep coming hard after him as long as he doesn't make them pay for it. Rewarding defenses with sacks when he could have thrown the ball out of bounds or ran for a gain makes the next team even sack happier
He's a veteran QB, he needs to act like it. Stop with the hair stuff and put the time in. I don't think he needs to go to the pro bowl next year but he does need to look like he could some day. Fix the real obvious correctable things, you know the things that even the cheerleaders or your wife knows he does wrong, and he's a decent QB.

Winning cures all though, if they win all will be well.

Texanfan4ever
06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Dwilt72, you have lost all reason, I agree with Lucky. But then again, you are a Vince Young lover, so it should be expected. Run home to his wife and kids, and do his hair? You must not have enough to do. You sound like someone in elementary school. Not trying to be rude, but that is way old and out of touch.

edo783
06-14-2006, 02:49 PM
He could start by not running out of bounds 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage every time he gets a little pressure on him..

That is a flat out lie, praveracation, exageration what ever you want, but it isn't true. Not saying he NEVER ran out 5 yards short of scrimmage, but 1-2 yards was the norm and even then it would only be 2-3 times a game and not every game either. Given that, the most he gave up would be about 10 yards a game. Naturally, you didn't mention the over 300 yards of positive yardage that he got running. Based on your thought process if DD ever gets stop behind the line, he would be a piece of dog do. All you are doing is parroting a bunch of whohah from some folks who are trying to make a mountain out of what is only a molehill. If he were turning around every other play and running towards the other goal line, then that is a problem. Taking off and trying to make a play out of nothing and running out of bounds a yard or two short from scrimmage, is a minimal issue. Should he chuck the ball and save the yardage, yes, but don't make it like it's a total freaking disaster, because it isn't.

powerfuldragon
06-14-2006, 02:51 PM
It's not a total disaster, but it's still irresponsible of him.

srstex
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
The all time leader in loss yardage is - Barry Sanders, look it up, so do not mention that again. DC is always fighting to make a play. As for the lost touch with the game line, the only good team outting was the one with DC calling the plays. For 2006 I believe in our coaching staff, and that is what will make this team a winner.

Texans winners at last.

FSUBulldog
06-14-2006, 03:59 PM
With all the Carr talk,

Woof, woof, woof, woof.... :ok:

(And I tried in my earlier post to deflect the "homer" moniker... Go figure)

Double Barrel
06-14-2006, 04:36 PM
It took 3 pages before someone played the "Carr spends too much time with his family" card? You guys are losing your touch. What we need here is a Carr-bashing mini-camp.

No doubt. That was two pages too long! Now if we could just harp on his hairstyle and his dad being at practice, we'd have a perfect trifecta! :francis:

Lucky
06-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Watching film shows Carr's head moving to look at multiple targets on many to most passing plays.
If you've ever played Madden, you'd know that is impossible. Carr's cone of vision is too small to see multiple receivers. On the other hand, Tom Brady can see the entire field. Because he gets better pass protection? Of course not. It's his cone of vision.

The prosecution rests.

Runner
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I vote we put the cone of silence over this thread.

Texans_Chick
06-14-2006, 05:01 PM
http://majorknitter.typepad.com/major_knitter/images/coneheads.jpg

infantrycak
06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
If you've ever played Madden, you'd know that is impossible. Carr's cone of vision is too small to see multiple receivers. On the other hand, Tom Brady can see the entire field. Because he gets better pass protection? Of course not. It's his cone of vision.

The prosecution rests.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

Must have missed that--don't play video games.

hollywood_texan
06-14-2006, 05:06 PM
With all the Carr talk,

Woof, woof, woof, woof.... :ok:

(And I tried in my earlier post to deflect the "homer" moniker... Go figure)

Cool. I was beginning to wonder if there were any real bulldogs out here...

Trying to ligthen this thing up a bit.

Vinny
06-14-2006, 05:08 PM
our forum is full of them. More than you would think.

infantrycak
06-14-2006, 05:08 PM
No doubt. That was two pages too long! Now if we could just harp on his hairstyle and his dad being at practice, we'd have a perfect trifecta! :francis:

You missed it:

Stop with the hair stuff and put the time in.

Even Kubiak can't slay the time dragon:

Nobodyís worked harder. Heís been out here every day, but he always has been, so I didnít expect any different.

But what else would he say? (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2635&section=N%20Latest%20News)

hollywood_texan
06-14-2006, 05:12 PM

Then where are all the other woofs at? Maybe they are laying low? Who knows?

I was hoping to see a page or two of them on this thread. That would have been hilarious.

We really need to lighten up on the Carr talk. Give his alma mater a plug!

Let me hear some Bulldogs in the house!

Vinny
06-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Then where are all the other woofs at? Maybe they are laying low? Who knows?
Most of them are the Pro-Carr posters if you want a hint. I talk to tons of you guys in PMs...and I see everyone's IP.

dwilt72
06-14-2006, 05:35 PM
That is a flat out lie, praveracation, exageration what ever you want, but it isn't true. Not saying he NEVER ran out 5 yards short of scrimmage, but 1-2 yards was the norm and even then it would only be 2-3 times a game and not every game either. Given that, the most he gave up would be about 10 yards a game. Naturally, you didn't mention the over 300 yards of positive yardage that he got running. Based on your thought process if DD ever gets stop behind the line, he would be a piece of dog do. All you are doing is parroting a bunch of whohah from some folks who are trying to make a mountain out of what is only a molehill. If he were turning around every other play and running towards the other goal line, then that is a problem. Taking off and trying to make a play out of nothing and running out of bounds a yard or two short from scrimmage, is a minimal issue. Should he chuck the ball and save the yardage, yes, but don't make it like it's a total freaking disaster, because it isn't.

When your offense has a hard time gaining 10 yards in 3 downs, losing 2, 3, 5, 10..WHATEVER! I don't think the amount of yards matters, it's the fact that if you throw the ball away you don't LOSE YARDS! Why do you think they have that rule? If you can't even master throwing the ball away, then you really shouldn't be a starting QB in the league. I'm not parroting, it's been an issue with me since game 1 year 1. You expect it from a rookie, but by your 4th year, you should be progressing.

hollywood_texan
06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Here is a great quote on Steve McNair needing to learn the pass protection schemes played by the Ravens.

"A confused quarterback is usually confronted with a barrage of blitzes. If he's confused about protections, that's when he's going to get whacked," Fassel said.

I think this illustrates that if a QB gets sacked, it doesn't mean it is the offensive line's fault.

I know I am trying to lighten up this thread a little, but it seemed right on point.

The entire offense has to improve and everyone played poorly last year, probably with the exception of Domanick Davis when he was healthy.

TwinSisters
06-14-2006, 06:16 PM
I am going to sign in right here: "on vision cone"

If a player's head is moving around too much and the QB looks at the field too much, this is seen as a weakness by some coaches. ( and players )

The reason being is that the player may have under-developed mental mapping skills, not enough practice, new plays, etc. A well developed QB's head does not always move. He has command of the play and the defense, so he uses his head to direct the play, for example looking off 'looking off coverage' and hitting empty space for YAC passes.

Montana, Fouts, Namath, Warner all talked about this skill at some point. ( I think Manning has too, but I don't remember )

This doesn't mean every quarterback is the same, it just means you have one more thing to think about when you are are looking at Dave play QB.

IF his head 'isn't' moving, it does 'not' mean he is 'not' seeing the entire play. A finely tuned QB in a play working out exactly the way he planned, does not need to look with his eyes to see what is going on. He already knows.

IF his head is moving, it can mean that there are problems in a play. Something didn't happen the way it was planned, so he has to start to look and see what is going on. This can be caused by a myriad of things and not just the QB; line breaking down, wrong routes, slow routes, game planning and preparation failed, etc.

here's a clip from NFL.com

"It's mind boggling right now," said McNair, who signed a five-year contract. "I think the verbiage is the most important thing right now. Once I can feel comfortable and visualize the formation and the routes that they're running, things will be OK." But, he added, "It's like starting all over again."

Here Steve is talking about "visualize" the formation and routes. This does not mean looking at the routes. This means he knows where everyone is at, at any given time so that he doesn't "have" to look.

A three-time Pro Bowl selection, McNair often appeared hesitant. He completed his first pass in team drills to tight end Todd Heap, but struggled at hitting receivers in stride. One late, errant pass was nearly intercepted, but defensive back Robb Butler dropped the football.

Inability to visualize or create the mental map, makes hitting open space for YAC passes that much harder.

"A confused quarterback is usually confronted with a barrage of blitzes. If he's confused about protections, that's when he's going to get whacked," Fassel said.

So if a DC sees Dave's head moving around too much, he might be inclined to let slip the zone-dog-blitz and cry "sack him".

TwinSisters
06-14-2006, 06:21 PM
http://majorknitter.typepad.com/major_knitter/images/coneheads.jpg

Just letting you know... this is a family oriented site and pornography is kinda frowned upon.

Hulk75
06-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Thank You people act like the guy did it all the time.

Hulk75
06-14-2006, 06:27 PM

The prosecution rests.
O good real life.

NFLforher
06-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Personally, I think he needs to spend time at the stadium watching film and quit worrying about running home to the wife and kids.

Apparently you've missed the statements and press about how much work DC has put in this year under Kubiak and the previous years.

It's pretty low to knock a guy for wanting to spend his time off with his family.

Maybe he should be out riding a motorcylce without a helmet or license?

NFLforher
06-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Trying to ligthen this thing up a bit.

Go Bulldogs! I watched DC play at FS.

TwinSisters
06-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Apparently you've missed the statements and press about how much work DC has put in this year under Kubiak and the previous years.

It's pretty low to knock a guy for wanting to spend his time off with his family.

Maybe he should be out riding a motorcylce without a helmet or license?

Bah he can spend time with his wife and family after he retires. He can even do it without wearing his helmet. LOL

:heh:

Wolf
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
I am looking for Dave to have stats like he had in 2004 at least , if not better

as far as if he made the probowl.. that would mean the Texans went to the playoffs adn that would be exciting .. (brady,manning,rothlesberger(spelling?),Cullpepper , etc etc QB's that get noted for the popularity contest)

I for one think the Texans are going to suprise alot of people this season, sad thing is anything that Vince does and Carr doesn't.. trolls will be banging on the keyboard all season.. and if that isn't enough anything Mario doesn't do and Bush does..same thing... I may need a start memorizing where to put people on ignore now LOL

should be a fun season
:redtowel:

Ibar_Harry
06-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I am looking for Dave to have stats like he had in 2004 at least , if not better

as far as if he made the probowl.. that would mean the Texans went to the playoffs adn that would be exciting .. (brady,manning,rothlesberger(spelling?),Cullpepper , etc etc QB's that get noted for the popularity contest)

I for one think the Texans are going to suprise alot of people this season, sad thing is anything that Vince does and Carr doesn't.. trolls will be banging on the keyboard all season.. and if that isn't enough anything Mario doesn't do and Bush does..same thing... I may need a start memorizing where to put people on ignore now LOL

should be a fun season
:redtowel:

I was going to say all we have to do is win the SB and they will all shut up. But you know what, I bet they would still find some reason.

Hulk75
06-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Full of UT fans as well.:)

Vinny
06-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, it's not a bad thing since most of the College fans who follow their players are good folks who are just supporting the guys they believe in. I may disagree on some things but following your local players around is part of the fun of the NFL as you watch them grow. I can admire backing up your people. Heck I notice a ton more Bama IP originations this year and I think we will see more tide to follow.

FSUBulldog
06-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, it's not a bad thing since most of the College fans who follow their players are good folks who are just supporting the guys they believe in. I may disagree on some things but following your local players around is part of the fun of the NFL as you watch them grow. I can admire backing up your people. Heck I notice a ton more Bama IP originations this year and I think we will see more tide to follow.

Amen. It is what orginally brought me to the Texans and to this board. The well-crafted opinions of most that dwell here is what keeps me coming back on a daily basis...

swtbound07
06-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Amen. It is what orginally brought me to the Texans and to this board. The well-crafted opinions of most that dwell here is what keeps me coming back on a daily basis...

And for me, its the complimentary breakfast.

ensign_lee
06-15-2006, 02:14 AM

The prosecution rests.

:gathering:

That's GREAT! HAHAHA.

Eyeguy
06-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Watch many Texan Games ?

Carr has been sacked over 200 times in 4years, sooner or later it will catch up with him.
In this new offense the QB and receivers have to work as one unit. If the starting QB who has taken most of the snaps while learning this new system goes down the first year it can have a dramatic effect on the offense.
Yes, I do watch many games, missed only 1 home regular season game in team history.

Reaction Red
06-15-2006, 03:37 AM
Let me start by saying that I was one of the "Draft VY" guys. Having gotten that out of the way, all that counts is winning. I've been a Chicago Bears fan for over 20 years and we havent had a QB worth mentioning since 85'. Coincidentally, thats when we last won a SB.

When Cowboy Kyle Orton started winning games, did I care that he was a third stringer posing as a starter? Nope. I dont care if you throw 5 picks a game as long as you do enough to win ballgames. Texans fans will feel the same way.

Now once the team starts winning, of course fans will start looking at the big prize, but it first starts with winning. DC hasn't ever been a "good" QB to me but when the Texans were competitive, he got alot more leeway from the fans and all of this grumbling wasnt going on. Last year the Texans were far from competitive and he's just taking the brunt of the criticism. The constant in every season has been that the line has pretty much been garbage. If the Texans start to win, he'll be selling couches for Mattress Mac and cars for Ray Childress.

If the Texans dont win, he'd have to pretty much break passing records for fans to get off of his back. And thats as it should be. Quarterbacks get the credit for winning and the blame for losing. Watch how long a subpar QB like Kyle Orton lasts in the NFL off of just being able to win 10 games. Look at Q. Carter. He's still around. Conversely look at Tony Banks.

NFLforher
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Bah he can spend time with his wife and family after he retires. He can even do it without wearing his helmet. LOL

:heh:

Lol....:crutch:

NFLforher
06-15-2006, 09:05 PM

;)

I still love Texas.

texanpride

bayoudreamn
06-16-2006, 12:48 AM
When your offense has a hard time gaining 10 yards in 3 downs, losing 2, 3, 5, 10..WHATEVER! I don't think the amount of yards matters, it's the fact that if you throw the ball away you don't LOSE YARDS! Why do you think they have that rule? If you can't even master throwing the ball away, then you really shouldn't be a starting QB in the league. I'm not parroting, it's been an issue with me since game 1 year 1. You expect it from a rookie, but by your 4th year, you should be progressing.

Considering the way our team played last year. I don't think it mattered whether he took a sack or ran out of bounds. They weren't going to score.....

Hutch13
06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
heres whole article http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3970904.html

whats your take on this im not sure if you would go with the most improved me personally would be bennie joppru

TexansLucky13
06-16-2006, 03:07 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing how Kubiak has worked with David. I'm so excited when I think about how much potential Carr has. The biggest problems he has had to overcome so far have been a short-sighted Capers offense, a lousy O-line and having to be a starter his rookie year. Those things could kill any young talent.... but we will see how well a former QB coach can improve our young franchise player.

Scooter
06-16-2006, 03:58 AM
jake plummer ...

02 AZ - 53.6% comp, 5.6 avg, 18TD, 20INT, 65.7 ratio
03 DEN - 62.6% comp, 7.2 avg, 15TD, 7INT, 91.2 ratio

david carr

05 HOU - 60.5% comp, 5.9 avg, 14TD, 11INT, 77.2 ratio
06 ... if it's even remotely the change that plummer made, carr makes the probowl. if it's the slightest improvement and he's a fantasy starter. just remember, kubiak wont be throwing the "andre screen", or "max protect on 3rd down", or 1.5 seconds and throw ... and with the most refined run blocking scheme in football carr should have legit time to throw. if carr can do so well with peanuts and the worst blocking in NFL history, he's going to be THE stud when given caviar.

TK_Gamer
06-16-2006, 05:03 AM
heres whole article http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3970904.html

whats your take on this im not sure if you would go with the most improved me personally would be bennie joppru

hmm , i dont know, no offense, but i think i'll take kubiak's word that its carr and not joppru, he is the head coach and all, what ya think?

SAMURAITEXAN
06-16-2006, 05:26 AM
When our D control the game(especially our Dline), our O can wear down opponent's D and Carr and our O will look very sweet this year IMO.:drool:

HoustonFan
06-16-2006, 09:10 AM
If that's what Kubiak thinks, then that's awesome. I'm gonna co-sign w/ Hutch, though on Bennie Joppru. He seems to have recouped well enough to have survived OTAs - big step from previous seasons.

I'm just excited to see what this offense is going to do this season. And based on the comparison stats, Carr could be a beast in the upcoming future for some yrs to come should Kubiak's coaching rub off on Carr.

Texanfan4ever
06-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm now not only a Carr homer, but a Kubiak Homer. But I am happy being a Homer and I can't wait until August. I am so excited for all the guys, boy what a breath of fresh air Kubiak and his group is.

And I agree, if Carr and the boys could do what they did with what they had, just imagine what they can do with some help like they have now. NFL lookout, the Texans will be a team to reckon with.

I live for Sundays!!!:mario: :ok:

Hulk75
06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
So Robert Mathis got a new deal, cool, good for him but look what
picture they just happen to put up..............

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3795

I see 3 Colts and not one other Texan.

El Tejano
06-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Well, we'll the roles will be reversed this season.

El Tejano
06-16-2006, 02:47 PM
If that's what Kubiak thinks, then that's awesome. I'm gonna co-sign w/ Hutch, though on Bennie Joppru. He seems to have recouped well enough to have survived OTAs - big step from previous seasons.

I bet if anything Bennie celebrated the fact that he has made it this far.:francis: :whip: :bananasplit:

hollywood_texan
06-16-2006, 02:56 PM
So Robert Mathis got a new deal, cool, good for him but look what
picture they just happen to put up..............

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3795

I see 3 Colts and not one other Texan.

Yeah, they probably had about 10 pictures to choose from.

Corrosion
06-16-2006, 03:09 PM
I cant just let this post fly by without giving the poster my :twocents: .....It really irritated me reading it .

Personally, I think he needs to spend time at the stadium watching film and quit worrying about running home to the wife and kids.

Dude get a freaking grip , Family is the number one priority . Maybe you arent lucky enough to have a wife and kids to go home to .... And if thats the case I can understand your ignorance as You havent a clue what you are missing .

Second Honeymoon
06-16-2006, 06:02 PM

Dude, If David Carr leads the Texans to the Playoffs this year, the population of Houston would have a freaking parade down Main St. in their honor. Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?!?! Were talking about Playoffs?!?! Trust me, there are a lot of people that dont think Carr is any good, but that same fan would be buying a Carr jersey if he leads the Texans to the playoffs this year. It would be NFL Story Of The Year if actually came to be. I like optimism like that because it has happened in the past, but I just want the team to learn how to finish games...that would be a start and a necessity to even begin talking about playoffs...

doug from the woodlands

Goldeagle
06-16-2006, 11:44 PM
We are still VERY weak at OL. As Dungy said about Carr and our O-line, "Not even Manning would have success there."

McKinney flat out sucks no matter where he plays. I dont know how many times Ive seen him facing the camera behind the QB because his guy simply and easily went by him.

Flannigan has not played a decent full season in 3 years and Winston was so pathetic at Senior week that he dropped down. We can only hope Winston's HORRIBLE showing at the Senior bowl was due to his knee injury and he has fully healed.

TK_Gamer
06-17-2006, 12:19 AM
exactly! and I "AM" a Carr supporter, it's just to easy for people to look at a struggling team and point the finger at one guy. It's NEVER one guy, NEVER. it's a team sport. if everyone liked Carr they would look at the numbers and say "if onlly he were on a good team he would really shine" but instead they say" Carr is not the one we need at QB, all he does is get sacked" I could get proven wrong this year, and that's fine. but I truly believe David Carr is a tremendous athlete with all the tools and will be a hall of famer some day. The capers regime absolutely sucked, with their "stay in the game" system. you either play to win, or you play to lose. I think Kubiak wants to win, and Carr will thrive under his system, and with all the new talent we aquired in the offseason, everyone will be taking another look at the Texans and David Carr this year.

texan279
06-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Dude, If David Carr leads the Texans to the Playoffs this year, the population of Houston would have a freaking parade down Main St. in their honor. Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?!?! Were talking about Playoffs?!?! Trust me, there are a lot of people that dont think Carr is any good, but that same fan would be buying a Carr jersey if he leads the Texans to the playoffs this year. It would be NFL Story Of The Year if actually came to be. I like optimism like that because it has happened in the past, but I just want the team to learn how to finish games...that would be a start and a necessity to even begin talking about playoffs...

doug from the woodlands

I would have a parade if we went 8-8 this season, I am thinking playoffs next season...

MightyTExan
06-17-2006, 08:26 AM
I'll have a parade if we win 2 pre-season games, lol.

bigbrewster2000
06-17-2006, 09:17 AM
We are still VERY weak at OL. As Dungy said about Carr and our O-line, "Not even Manning would have success there."

McKinney flat out sucks no matter where he plays. I dont know how many times Ive seen him facing the camera behind the QB because his guy simply and easily went by him.

Flannigan has not played a decent full season in 3 years and Winston was so pathetic at Senior week that he dropped down. We can only hope Winston's HORRIBLE showing at the Senior bowl was due to his knee injury and he has fully healed.

I am curious, did you actually watch the Senior Bowl? I did and while Winston was not the best Tackle out there he was definantly top 5. You are forgetting that he has been recovering fron a major knee surgery and his leg wont be up to full strength until sometime this summer. McKinney is a decent player and Flannigan is one of the better Centers in the league. Last year he missed a big chunk of time but only a little time before that and his play has been at worst Very solid. Get a grip on yourself bud. We don't want to hear your pathetic negativity. And I say "pathetic" because you are simply talking. Game tape will prove what you say to be incorrect.

HomeBred_Texan
06-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I am a Carr supporter for sure. So I also must throw in my :twocents:

First he must get rid of those happy feet. Scrambles way to early/

Second, Mr Carr needs to relax and play with the God Given talents he has been blessed with. I do not beleive any of us have yet to see the "Best" David Carr has to offer.

Also to add. God first, Family second, the team third. Those are prioritys...:chicken:

Second Honeymoon
06-17-2006, 05:31 PM
I am a Carr supporter for sure. So I also must throw in my :twocents:

First he must get rid of those happy feet. Scrambles way to early/

Second, Mr Carr needs to relax and play with the God Given talents he has been blessed with. I do not beleive any of us have yet to see the "Best" David Carr has to offer.

Also to add. God first, Family second, the team third. Those are prioritys...:chicken:

Sorry to say but that doesnt get it done when you are highest paid player on your team and the QB. During the season the priorities are Team first, Team second, Team third, God and family fourth. If those arent the priorities then we got ourselves the wrong QB. Manning gives praise to God and is a good QB and citizen, but during the season he lives, breathes, eats, and kraps football. That is what it takes. Prioritize as you please during the off-season but during the season football is priority #1 in order to be a champion.

doug from the woodlands

Ibar_Harry
06-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry to say but that doesnt get it done when you are highest paid player on your team and the QB. During the season the priorities are Team first, Team second, Team third, God and family fourth. If those arent the priorities then we got ourselves the wrong QB. Manning gives praise to God and is a good QB and citizen, but during the season he lives, breathes, eats, and kraps football. That is what it takes. Prioritize as you please during the off-season but during the season football is priority #1 in order to be a champion.

doug from the woodlands

How did I know it was you before I every saw the name

the wonger need food
06-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Manning is one motivated dude and one of Carr's biggest problems has been motivation. The guy had a free ride under Capers and took full advantage of it.

I went to the Colts game a few years back and watched both guys on the sidelines. After every possession Manning would study pictures and talk to teammates and coaches. When Carr went to the bench he would just sit there in a daze most of the time.

The good news is that Carr's free ride is over and he will probably be gone after this season if he doesn't show vast improvement.

Ibar_Harry
06-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Manning is one motivated dude and one of Carr's biggest problems has been motivation. The guy had a free ride under Capers and took full advantage of it.

I went to the Colts game a few years back and watched both guys on the sidelines. After every possession Manning would study pictures and talk to teammates and coaches. When Carr went to the bench he would just sit there in a daze most of the time.

The good news is that Carr's free ride is over and he will probably be gone after this season if he doesn't show vast improvement.

Capers was in a daze most of the time. I don't think there was anyone to talk to on our team................

Ibar_Harry
06-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Capers was in a daze most of the time. I don't think there was anyone to talk to on our team................

Why do you think Carr is so happy now? He knows he has a coach he can go to and say this ain't working what adjustments do we need to make? He knows he will get an anwer. It might be David change this you are doing or it might be the defense won't give you this, but they will give you the following. Kubiak from what I have seen takes it all in and knows how to adjust. Our previous staff didn't know how to adjust to anything. It was run this that's what I have on the note pad. What do you mean it's not working? It has too. That's what we planned. Just go out an execute and everything will be alright. Quit questioning our plans and you will be alright.

That unfortunately is literally what was happening to our team. Time after time people would say why don't they adjust. Again the answer was we simply had a coaching staff incapable of adjusting on the fly.

HomeBred_Texan
06-17-2006, 07:48 PM

doug from the woodlands
Maybe you have your priorities all wrong then...

May God have mercy on your soul......:pigfly:

The Pencil Neck
06-17-2006, 08:54 PM
First he must get rid of those happy feet. Scrambles way to early

I'm on Carr's side but my fear is that he won't be able to shake the bad habits he's picked up the past few years. After the 7-9 season, I thought he was going to be fine... but after the pounding last year, I'm just afraid he's damaged goods. He's got to be a very strange dude if he doesn't have some sort of psychological trauma.

I remember Everett from the Rams. Everyone was expecting him to have a break-out season and that year, the Rams line was crap and he just took a horrible beating (but nowhere near as bad as what Carr has taken.) Everett never could get his head on straight after that. He would lock onto receivers, get happy feet in the pocket, and just make really bad decisions with the ball.

I think, and I've really got no reason for this but pure homerism, I think that Carr's going to be fine and have a great career.
:gotexans1

TwinSisters
06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Chris Everett.

*weasly snicker*

I just had to get that out of my system.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jimeverett.html

Oooo funny stuff.

Brandon420tx
06-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, I've been gone a week working in Palestine, and I'm about to go back ... yippee. Unfortunately theres no computer, and today I've been trying to soak up all the info from the forum that I've missed over the last 6 days ... this 7 page thread looks disheartening.... can someone whos been following it give me a brief re-cap?, thank you.

jerek
06-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, I've been gone a week working in Palestine, and I'm about to go back ... yippee. Unfortunately theres no computer, and today I've been trying to soak up all the info from the forum that I've missed over the last 6 days ... this 7 page thread looks disheartening.... can someone whos been following it give me a brief re-cap?, thank you.

Carr sucks.

No he doesn't.

We shouldn't have resigned him. He's going into his fifth year and we're still talking about potential, man. Potential.

Yes we should have. Our coaches, O-line, receivers, running game, defense, and entire system sucked from top to bottom last year. It's not David Carr.

Insert single post containing random voice of reason. Ignored.

I've watched all his games, he's terrible.

No he's not. I watched them all too.

Repeat.

bayoudreamn
06-17-2006, 11:20 PM

doug from the woodlands

How do you know this? I'm aware he has a reputation for hard work and that no player spends more time on the job than Manning, but that doesn't mean his family isn't a priority. This isn't Neverland, get real.

TK_Gamer
06-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Carr sucks.

No he doesn't.

We shouldn't have resigned him. He's going into his fifth year and we're still talking about potential, man. Potential.

Yes we should have. Our coaches, O-line, receivers, running game, defense, and entire system sucked from top to bottom last year. It's not David Carr.

Repeat.

priceless, unfortunately you summed it up pretty good lol.

WiiBrawler
06-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Peyton Manning doesnt have a family, so how are you gonna compare his priorities with David Carr, Everybody knows family is first

Brandon420tx
06-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Carr sucks.

No he doesn't.

Repeat.

Wow, thank you,
of course,
it could have been easier for you to say "The same way all Carr Threads look like",

I guess I got my hopes up that something might be unique about this thread... Should have known better.

TK_Gamer
06-18-2006, 01:31 PM
the threads on Carr wont change much until he shuts up the haters, I think this season will go a long way towards that. the next stage of threads will prolly be the "it's about time....." variety, but at least they will be different.

Texanfan4ever
06-18-2006, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=the wonger need food]Manning is one motivated dude and one of Carr's biggest problems has been motivation. The guy had a free ride under Capers and took full advantage of it.

Seriously, Carr not motivated, are you kidding? Have you been sleeping or actually watching our team?

And a free ride, are you kidding? He deserves whatever money he gets so he can pay all his medical bills when he is older from being flattened 10 times a game for 4 years. Free ride, I don't think so.

Shouldn't have even commented, but that kind of talk just gets under your skin.

Second Honeymoon
06-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Why am I not surprised that those who blindlessly support such ultra-piety, show such an intolerant and flippant attitude towards people who don't feel exactly like they do. You then have the audacity to question my own faith and ask for mercy on my soul. And you question my faith, only because I feel that God can be a priority in one's life without being the #1 priority. Judging other people based on your own beliefs is an arrogant and self centered way of going through life. Oh by the way, that attitude is against the very beliefs that you aspire to uphold.

If you want to champion the fact that Carr focuses more on reading The Bible than reading his own playbook, that is fine, but dont judge my fealty, faith, and soul because I feel differently than you do. I am sure you are probably one of the same yay-hoos who think someone automatically goes to hell for being gay or following a religion other than your own. That viewpoint is juvenile, self centered, and one of the reasons this planet is in a perpetual state of war. Congratulations.

Sorry to hijack the thread but no self-important self-deluded yayhoo is going to call out my own faith and attempt to label me as a heretic. I hope you enjoyed your little lesson in humility, if you actually listened to your pastor's speeches maybe you wouldn't be so quick to judge.

doug from the woodlands

TexansLucky13
06-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Peyton Manning doesnt have a family, so how are you gonna compare his priorities with David Carr, Everybody knows family is first

I don't know if Archie and Eli would agree to that statement! That's all the family he will ever have.

AFD1717
06-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I was thinking about starting a thread where we could discuss David Carr. Does that sound interesting to you guys or do you think we would just recycle the same old crap?

dat_boy_yec
06-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I was thinking about starting a thread where we could discuss David Carr. Does that sound interesting to you guys or do you think we would just recycle the same old crap?

Ok, sounds interesting to me. Question is how are you going to keep it from becoming the same old crap?

the wonger need food
06-18-2006, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=the wonger need food]Manning is one motivated dude and one of Carr's biggest problems has been motivation. The guy had a free ride under Capers and took full advantage of it.

Seriously, Carr not motivated, are you kidding? Have you been sleeping or actually watching our team?

And a free ride, are you kidding? He deserves whatever money he gets so he can pay all his medical bills when he is older from being flattened 10 times a game for 4 years. Free ride, I don't think so.

Shouldn't have even commented, but that kind of talk just gets under your skin.

Yes, seriously. He had a free ride under Capers and was not motivated to get any better because his job and money were secure. And I've seen every snap Davie Franchise has taken.

AFD1717
06-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok, sounds interesting to me. Question is how are you going to keep it from becoming the same old crap?

I was trying to be sarcastic. Next time I'll use the Smilie.

dat_boy_yec
06-18-2006, 09:47 PM
I was trying to be sarcastic. Next time I'll use the Smilie.

Why do I feel disappointed. Oh well back to the drawing board.

TwinSisters
06-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Why do I feel disappointed. Oh well back to the drawing board.

We should have called Seattle on Hutchinson instead of Minnesota. Then Seattle would have called us on Gaffney.

I would have said thanks and enjoy! 12th man forever.

That would have helped Carr.

Not to mention we should have busted the bank on Walter Jones when his contract year rolled around. Had we done that we would not have been able to afford a lot of guys that we paid too much for.

That would have helped Carr.

Timbuck2
06-18-2006, 10:46 PM
i'm going to try to stay positive about this. i don't think that since dave has been on his back for the last few years, that he will automatically have the happy feet. i believe that him gaining confidence with a new offense that he sees working will keep him from reverting back to his old ways. having new personnel with the players and coaches, and new blocking schemes, the man's gotta feel a lot more positive going into this year. so who knows? i agree that we haven't seen the best of dave. based on the tough schedule, i'm predicting a 6-10 record. but a step in the right direction.

TK_Gamer
06-19-2006, 03:55 AM
im really gonna go out on a limb and say 9-7 wich probably will mean we end up in a tie breaker situation for last wildcard spot.

1 Phi W (we upset philly and the whole country scratches their head)
2 Ind L (The country breathes a sigh of relief realizing week 1 was a fluke)
3 Wsh W (more scratching...)
4 Mia L
5 Dal w (houston calls out national guard after chaos insues)
6 Jax L (houston loses nailbiter on contravercial call)
7 Ten W (Tennesee realizes losing mcnair might not have been a good idea)
8 NYG L
9 Jax W (houston wins nailbiter after video challenge)
10 Buf L
11 NyJ W (Jets wish they would have taken a QB in draft)
12 oak W
13 Ten L (Ten wins a close one with backup QB and feels better about mcnair)
14 NE L
15 Ind W (Mario Williams sacks Peyton 3 times bringing total to 18 for the year)
16 Cle W (Houston squeaks into wildcard spot, Carr gets 26th TD of the year)

It could happen :)

the wonger need food
06-19-2006, 08:47 AM
im really gonna go out on a limb and say 9-7 wich probably will mean we end up in a tie breaker situation for last wildcard spot.

1 Phi W (we upset philly and the whole country scratches their head)
2 Ind L (The country breathes a sigh of relief realizing week 1 was a fluke)
3 Wsh W (more scratching...)
4 Mia L
5 Dal w (houston calls out national guard after chaos insues)
6 Jax L (houston loses nailbiter on contravercial call)
7 Ten W (Tennesee realizes losing mcnair might not have been a good idea)
8 NYG L
9 Jax W (houston wins nailbiter after video challenge)
10 Buf L
11 NyJ W (Jets wish they would have taken a QB in draft)
12 oak W
13 Ten L (Ten wins a close one with backup QB and feek better about mcnair)
14 NE L
15 Ind W (Mario Williams sacks Peyton 3 times bringing total to 18 for the year)
16 Cle W (Houston squeaks into wildcard spot, Carr gets 26th TD of the year)

It could happen :)

I don't see 9-7 getting a playoff spot this year, but you never know...

I am excited about that stretch of games between week 9-13. Definite possibility for their first 3-game win streak.

bigbrewster2000
06-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Why am I not surprised that those who blindlessly support such ultra-piety, show such an intolerant and flippant attitude towards people who don't feel exactly like they do. You then have the audacity to question my own faith and ask for mercy on my soul. And you question my faith, only because I feel that God can be a priority in one's life without being the #1 priority. Judging other people based on your own beliefs is an arrogant and self centered way of going through life. Oh by the way, that attitude is against the very beliefs that you aspire to uphold.

If you want to champion the fact that Carr focuses more on reading The Bible than reading his own playbook, that is fine, but dont judge my fealty, faith, and soul because I feel differently than you do. I am sure you are probably one of the same yay-hoos who think someone automatically goes to hell for being gay or following a religion other than your own. That viewpoint is juvenile, self centered, and one of the reasons this planet is in a perpetual state of war. Congratulations.

Sorry to hijack the thread but no self-important self-deluded yayhoo is going to call out my own faith and attempt to label me as a heretic. I hope you enjoyed your little lesson in humility, if you actually listened to your pastor's speeches maybe you wouldn't be so quick to judge.

doug from the woodlands

Carr can keep God as his #1 priority without hurting his team. Anyone of us can keep God as our #1 priority without it being a hinderance or crutch to our daily life and in fact it would be quite the opposite. I don't know about your personal beliefs and I am not here to judge you, just here to speak from personal experience that I do keep God as my #1 priority and it has helped me in the other aspects of my daily life not hindered it. Now why should that be any different for anyone? And I agree that that guy's comment was uncalled for. If you wish to speak more about this send me a PM so this thread can be given back to the Carr bashing:)

TwinSisters
06-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I am excited about that stretch of games between week 9-13. Definite possibility for their first 3-game win streak.

Not me. I am still smarting from that stomping that we took from Detroit and San Diego. There was going to be a win on opening day and a back to back victory roll the following week... first 2 game win streak. BUT NOOOOoooooooo it just couldn't be.

NFLforher
06-19-2006, 03:25 PM

That is uncalled for.

Not everybody believes as you do and not everybody here is even Christian.

Other people's faith is not your business.

NFLforher
06-19-2006, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=bigbrewster2000]Carr can keep God as his #1 priority without hurting his team. Anyone of us can keep God as our #1 priority without it being a hinderance or crutch to our daily life and in fact it would be quite the opposite. QUOTE]

I agree.

the wonger need food
06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Why does every Carr thread have to start a holy war??? Geez.....

Can we get an addition to the Terms of Use for this board? Something about separation of church and football.

jerek
06-19-2006, 03:51 PM

Can we get an addition to the Terms of Use for this board? Something about separation of church and football.

There should at least be a rule about piggybacking on other Carr threads and not starting a new one every two hours. The David Carr clause. Brilliant work Wonger, and I second the motion.

We can add to it a no-partisan-arguments in the No Spin Zone. The world doesn't divide along Democrat and Republican.

Hulk75
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
There should at least be a rule about piggybacking on other Carr threads and not starting a new one every two hours. The David Carr clause. Brilliant work Wonger, and I second the motion.

We can add to it a no-partisan-arguments in the No Spin Zone. The world doesn't divide along Democrat and Republican.
Okay its a rule...........:tease: idonno:

Double Barrel
06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
We should just have a web page with everyone's opinion on it. And when a new Carr thread emerges, we lock it and and put a link to the Carr page. That way everyone can see what has been said and will be said. :ok: deja vu?

This would work until the season starts and we really have something to discuss. Until then, it's the same old, same old: :crazy:

Second Honeymoon
06-19-2006, 08:16 PM
We should just have a web page with everyone's opinion on it. And when a new Carr thread emerges, we lock it and and put a link to the Carr page. That way everyone can see what has been said and will be said. :ok: deja vu?

This would work until the season starts and we really have something to discuss. Until then, it's the same old, same old: :crazy:

HAHA, QFT

I don't hate on the guy for being a God fearing man, I just hate on the guy for not being as committed as the real pro QBs are. I think a guy earlier on this thread spoke about how when Carr is on the sideline he is generally sitting on the bench by himself with his head down or talking to some moron Off Coordinator about something on the headset. That is the polar opposite of a Manning who is always seen looking at photos on formations and tendencies on the sidelines and always talking to his OL and WR. That coupled along with the fact that Manning is out there on the field 3 hours before the game (and during the offseason)refining his link to Marvelous Marvin, just goes to show you that it takes a real commitment to being the best. And Manning's failures show that sometimes that isnt even enough....but its a great place to start

I just feel in today's league you need a QB who is a leader both on and off the field. I dont want a choir boy, I want a General. I don't want a male model, I want a leader whose teammates would jump in a foxhole with. I want true leadership that inspires commitment and success. Someone you would fall on a sword for. That is all cliched and grandiose but its what it takes. If your 'leader' wont even share a beer or make time to go out and build relationships with other players, why would you ever want to fall on a sword for him and follow him into battle?

Being an NFL QB aint the same as being an IT manager, Project Manager, Lawyer or Contractor. It takes a little extra and the inevitable 'IT factor'...something of which Carr is sorely lacking based on what I have seen on the field (facts) and what I have heard off the field (facts and rumors).

Your best leaders are those that have the respect of their teammates. Michael Irvin was far from a choir boy and made some huge mistakes in his life, but that guy was the best leader I have ever seen in my 30+ years of following football. He talked the talk and walked the walk all the while still having a priority of family (dude has like 18 brothers and sisters he has supported since his first NFL pay day *and probably his first Miami payday too :) )

I am not saying you have to be an alcoholic, pill swallowing, devil worshipping extrovert Alpha male to be a top flight NFL QB. . Look at Roethlisberger, dude isnt the smartest guy in the world based on his decision making regarding cycles, but that dude has the belief of his teammates and parties with his boys. They rallied around him and won a World Championship in his 2nd year. It's not cause the dude is a hard partier but I guarantee you he relates more with this team than a pretty mama's boy does. I am just saying you have to be a little less country and a little more rock and roll. Geez today its probably a little less country and a little more hip hop and roll

This is my opinion, please don't damn me to hell for having one. k thx bye

Thanks to the Osmonds for that reference,
Doug from The Woodlands

Lucky
06-19-2006, 08:25 PM
I am just saying you have to be a little less country and a little more rock and roll.
I think you've nailed it. David Carr needs to be more like Donny Osmond.

Another in a long line of great David Carr threads. It just gets better & better. Keep up the good work, folks.

mapleleaf
06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I'd see that Carr really needs to be protected more, I mean if our OL was a state of the art OL in 2002-2005, we'd have the same reputation as the New England Patriots by now.

Hulk75
06-19-2006, 08:58 PM
HAHA, QFT

I don't hate on the guy for being a God fearing man, I just hate on the guy for not being as committed as the real pro QBs are. I think a guy earlier on this thread spoke about how when Carr is on the sideline he is generally sitting on the bench by himself with his head down or talking to some moron Off Coordinator about something on the headset. That is the polar opposite of a Manning who is always seen looking at photos on formations and tendencies on the sidelines and always talking to his OL and WR. That coupled along with the fact that Manning is out there on the field 3 hours before the game (and during the offseason)refining his link to Marvelous Marvin, just goes to show you that it takes a real commitment to being the best. And Manning's failures show that sometimes that isnt even enough....but its a great place to start

I just feel in today's league you need a QB who is a leader both on and off the field. I dont want a choir boy, I want a General. I don't want a male model, I want a leader whose teammates would jump in a foxhole with. I want true leadership that inspires commitment and success. Someone you would fall on a sword for. That is all cliched and grandiose but its what it takes. If your 'leader' wont even share a beer or make time to go out and build relationships with other players, why would you ever want to fall on a sword for him and follow him into battle?

Being an NFL QB aint the same as being an IT manager, Project Manager, Lawyer or Contractor. It takes a little extra and the inevitable 'IT factor'...something of which Carr is sorely lacking based on what I have seen on the field (facts) and what I have heard off the field (facts and rumors).

Your best leaders are those that have the respect of their teammates. Michael Irvin was far from a choir boy and made some huge mistakes in his life, but that guy was the best leader I have ever seen in my 30+ years of following football. He talked the talk and walked the walk all the while still having a priority of family (dude has like 18 brothers and sisters he has supported since his first NFL pay day *and probably his first Miami payday too :) )

I am not saying you have to be an alcoholic, pill swallowing, devil worshipping extrovert Alpha male to be a top flight NFL QB. . Look at Roethlisberger, dude isnt the smartest guy in the world based on his decision making regarding cycles, but that dude has the belief of his teammates and parties with his boys. They rallied around him and won a World Championship in his 2nd year. It's not cause the dude is a hard partier but I guarantee you he relates more with this team than a pretty mama's boy does. I am just saying you have to be a little less country and a little more rock and roll. Geez today its probably a little less country and a little more hip hop and roll

Doug from The Woodlands
Vinny I am going to be nice and not get into trouble...............

BUT I would bet on my children that the "pretty mamas boy" comment would not be said in front of him 6-4 220, benches 400lbs and if you did not know he took boxing while in HS and some in college, read it in an interview here in Santa Cruz when they did a article on his father down here.

Dont tell me the guy is not commited, try again.

O and they did not win the Superbowl on his shoulders, he better hope he gets back there so he can do a little better then what he did last year during the Superbowl, probably one of the worst QB outings in a Superbowl.

Douglas from the Beach:rolleyes:

PS- there are other ways to get guys to Rally around you other then drinking and going to parties, this is not HS or College. Grown men with familys, like it or not this team is a very pro family and good guys-Just like McNair wanted it to be. Shoot our newest WR has 5 children.

Second Honeymoon
06-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Hopefully Carr finally develops into a legitimate NFL quality QB and we get to watch a better product on the field. Isn't that what it's all about, right? I don't need a team of Boy Scouts to enjoy my NFL Sunday. Dont get me wrong I dont want a team of wife beaters and dope dealers. But what I do want, for all of us, is a team that is bonded together by deserved respect and led by an organization that is focused on one goal, the Lombardi Trophy. I just hope that ends up being the case, but as a longtime suffering Houston NFL fan, I guess I may just have a good memory and might have become a little jaded over time.

In todays NFL, you never know what could happen. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle at a couple positions, and we go 10-6+....there have been many examples of it since the salary cap being implemented really started to effect roster continuity...I am just saying that we need to create an atmosphere where 10-6 is just par. hopefully we can do that.

btw the Hurricanes just won the Stanley Cup *crickets chirping*

Doug from The Woodlands

MorKnolle
06-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Vinny I am going to be nice and not get into trouble...............

BUT I would bet on my children that the "pretty mamas boy" comment would not be said in front of him 6-4 220, benches 400lbs and if you did not know he took boxing while in HS and some in college, read it in an interview here in Santa Cruz when they did a article on his father down here.

Dont tell me the guy is not commited, try again.

O and they did not win the Superbowl on his shoulders, he better hope he gets back there so he can do a little better then what he did last year during the Superbowl, probably one of the worst QB outings in a Superbowl.

Douglas from the Beach:rolleyes:

PS- there are other ways to get guys to Rally around you other then drinking and going to parties, this is not HS or College. Grown men with familys, like it or not this team is a very pro family and good guys-Just like McNair wanted it to be. Shoot our newest WR has 5 children.

If I remember right he had the lowest QB rating ever for the winning team during the Super Bowl.

TwinSisters
06-20-2006, 12:39 AM

It cannot be done. If you seperated God from football, it wouldn't be Texas football anymore. We would regress back to secular liberal Harvard rugby. Football, God, and Politics go hand in hand in Sam's pasture.

on that note: I wonder if Dave is a card holding Democrat? Did we talk about that yet? I don't think we have.

Texanfan4ever
06-20-2006, 11:59 PM
HAHA, QFT

Doug from The Woodlands

Do you think Carr ever had a choice with what he could do on the sidelines? You think he just put on the head phones for looks or what? They were coaching him from up there with a bunch of crap he had to follow. What would you have had him do, rebel on every stupid play those idiot coaches called, time after time after time? You just don't do that. Manning has options, just as Carr will this year. Sit back and watch!

TexansLucky13
06-21-2006, 12:01 AM

Hahaha. True that.

P.S.- Carr rox your sox and you know it, too.