PDA

View Full Version : Robinson, Ryans, & Williams..............

HOOK'EM
06-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Its looking like we are building a great defensive core for the future. Between Robinson, Ryans, & Williams, thats a potential probowler at each level of our D. Its going to be alot of fun watching them mature together.

In:texflag:We Trust

cincyTEXAN
06-13-2006, 03:30 AM
i expect a breakout year from robaire as well.barring injuries our line looks extremely deep.a glaring weakness last year now appears to be one of our greatest assets.very excited

cincyTEXAN
06-13-2006, 03:41 AM
]']We would have been EXTREMELY deep is T.Johnson would stop F'n around and get his act together!!!!!!!!
word.....maybe i just hate FSU but it seems like everyone to come out of there has an attitude problem or flat out underachieves.besides dunn.good dude

HOOK'EM
06-13-2006, 10:44 AM
.........slow down Gary.

Leaders:

Weaver -Sounds like a solid addition but, I don't know about a leader?

Payne -Been on this team since we started and hasn't been a leader. Thats why we are starting to look for leaders now.

Williams -Has the the skill and make of a leader in the future.

Robinson -has been the ONLY defensive leader yet, this team has known. (unless you count Sharper or Glenn?)

Wong -Might not even start this year and has yet to be a leader in 4 years with the Texans.

Ryans -I've aready heard great things about this guy to make us think he will definitely be a leader this year!

S Orr -Career backup?

C. Brown -People around here are already callin' for another Safety, sorry not a leader.

..........so like I said before, the 3 potentual leaders of the future are Robinson, Ryans, & Williams.

infantrycak
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
.........slow down Gary.

Payne -Been on this team since we started and hasn't been a leader. Thats why we are starting to look for leaders now.

Slow down Hook'em.

Payne has been reported by players and the media as a locker room leader including calling the entire team together prior to at least one game last year and delivering an passionate speech.

Runner
06-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Slow down Hook'em.

Payne has been reported by players and the media as a locker room leader including calling the entire team together prior to at least one game last year and delivering an passionate speech.

Exactly. That particular speech was at some point when we were stil 0 for the season.

swtbound07
06-13-2006, 11:25 AM
word.....maybe i just hate FSU but it seems like everyone to come out of there has an attitude problem or flat out underachieves.besides dunn.good dude

You got an issue with derrick brooks? Deion Sanders? Brad Johnson?
Maybe your not a fan of walter jones or peter boulware
Perhaps you dislike our own new mlb sam cowart
Super bowl MVP dexter jackson was an FSU grad
Anquan Boldin and Javon Walker both came from FSU
And I imagine in a year you will be able to add ernie sims to that list.

HOOK'EM
06-13-2006, 11:27 AM
.........I wouldn't quiet call that a leader. I hope he steps up more on and off the feild but, he's had the injury bug and is getting older now. He should have started this 5 years ago, our inagural season!

pittbull
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Its looking like we are building a great defensive core for the future. Between Robinson, Ryans, & Williams, thats a potential probowler at each level of our D. Its going to be alot of fun watching them mature together.

In:texflag:We Trust

Man, I thought the same thing. If only we can get a safety though.

hadaad
06-13-2006, 02:21 PM

Deion Sanders: Attitude problem (amazing player, but still...)
Walter Jones: Perennial Holdout
Javon Walker: Holdout

That's 1/3 of the people YOU mentioned who have checkered pasts. They're all amazing players but that's not the issue on the table.

Vinny
06-13-2006, 02:28 PM

That's 1/3 of the people YOU mentioned who have checkered pasts. They're all amazing players but that's not the issue on the table.Um, Walter Jones just wanted a contract instead of a one year deal over and over....the Seachickens kept forcing him into one year deals as their franchise player. Nobody I know of considers him a problem player, and there is a little issue about being an elite player. I think there are 32 teams that would love to have him with their franchise.

kingh99
06-13-2006, 02:38 PM

FSU turns out more busts than Michelangelo on meth.

swtbound07
06-13-2006, 03:21 PM
FSU also turns out more top tier nfl players than any university in the country...you want to talk about a university that puts out poor attitudes and underachievers, you need to look a bit south...to the U

Jeremy shockey...attitude issues, wont control his temper or workout with his team
kellen winslow...underachiever/hurt
sean taylor-running legal issue

FSU also kicks out people with character issues....note that AJ nicholson exited off the team, and randy moss had to go play ball at marshall.

AFD1717
06-13-2006, 06:10 PM

I don't think anybody would argue that there have been some studs come out of FSU. It does seem like they have more than their share of egos and work ethic problems for all of the talent thaey have.

Texas
06-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I didnt realize it but your right...You cant expect them to be GREAT this year though but give them a few years to build together and we will be unbeatable.

BigTimeTexanFan
06-13-2006, 08:40 PM
This is a mystery team. If everything comes together like we're hoping, this could be a fun season, but A LOT has to come together.

TexanFan881
06-13-2006, 10:12 PM

That's 1/3 of the people YOU mentioned who have checkered pasts. They're all amazing players but that's not the issue on the table.

Lots of people hold out for new contracts. You must hate a lot of people. It's not like Walter Jones and Javon Walker are the only ones in the league who would like to have new contracts, they're just two of the ones who do something about it. I don't think it means they have a bad character because they won't let people push them around and take less money than they deserve. Javon Walker and Walter Jones are both Pro Bowlers who deserve more money.

HOOK'EM
06-19-2006, 05:21 AM
I like Ryans nickname "D'Wreck Ryans".....................so now we got Super Mario, D'Wreck Ryans, & Robinson. Dunta needs a good one!:lightbulb:

Reaction Red
06-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Deion Sanders character problems? A majority of young rich men lead a fast life. I dont know that it constitutes a character problem as much as it means that they were immature. Ask anyone that plays with Primetime and they'll tell you he was one of the most well prepared and hardest working teammates they've ever played with.

wicked_wayz
06-19-2006, 08:02 AM
cowart is our most experienced MLB at the moment, for now i believe he is or should be this teams leader...cowart was a stud for the vikings prior to injury.....dymecco will be the team future leader

Hulk75
06-19-2006, 10:52 AM
I like Ryans nickname "D'Wreck Ryans".....................so now we got Super Mario, D'Wreck Ryans, & Robinson. Dunta needs a good one!:lightbulb:
Demeco Ryans- How about "Doc" or "The DR."-He is a smart guy.

D-Rob.........Super Mario...........And Doc-????????

You guys like calling Demeco "DOC"?

The Pencil Neck
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Demeco Ryans- How about "Doc" or "The DR."-He is a smart guy.

D-Rob.........Super Mario...........And Doc-????????

You guys like calling Demeco "DOC"?

Well, D-Rob is also a DR in case we come up with something better for Demeco.

BTW, Demeco shall inherit the earth. :)

kcwilson
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
What is it about coming up with nicknames... I appreciate the entusiasm but it seems like a stretch to get to D'Wreck and Doc and DR.

Dude's name is DeMeco... is that recognizable enough?

It is always the most flattering when everyone in the league knows you by your first name... Michael, Barry, Shaquille, Priest, Deion, etc.

Let's just get him to start this year.

edo783
06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I have always thought that a defensive player should have a knickname of like "Dr. Demento" or something. Kinda sets the tone of play I think.

Hulk75
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
What is it about coming up with nicknames... I appreciate the entusiasm but it seems like a stretch to get to D'Wreck and Doc and DR.

Dude's name is DeMeco... is that recognizable enough?

It is always the most flattering when everyone in the league knows you by your first name... Michael, Barry, Shaquille, Priest, Deion, etc.

Let's just get him to start this year.
"Air" Jordan.........."Shaq"............"Primetime".........you mean like that?

Try not to be a kill joy in a very long offseason.

HOOK'EM
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
The Future.

bayoudreamn
07-10-2006, 12:04 AM

Dunta Diesel.....no fossil fuels required.

TexansSeminole
07-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Um im starting a new thread

DocBar
07-10-2006, 06:21 AM
When you think about the addition by subtraction we did with G-stunk, I mean G-funk(y), we could have a pretty solid front 7. I think Gary Walker was more of a bad influence on the young players in particular and the team as a whole than he was a benefit. Our DC has some talent to work with. Lets see if he can mix the ingrediants better than Fangio.