PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate Mario Williams compendium

Texans_Chick
06-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Everything you would want to know about Mario (other than how he is gonna do next year) is contained in today's blogpost that was just put up: Fanblog: Texans (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/06/the_ultimate_mario_williams_co_1.html)

There is a really good article about him in high school that I am not sure has been posted here. And factual odds and ends you might find interesting if you don't know them already.

And a little bit of Chronic smackdown. :fireball: :bowser:

Hope you enjoy it.

Honoring Earl 34
06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
:redtowel: Chick , I will forever use the term "Stupid Dummyhead " when refering to Richard Justice ... it just fits .

WiiBrawler
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Texans_Chick, you dont need to be righting a fan blog......You need to be the head sportswriter, what you write is better than what three baboons at the Chronicle's Sports Section Write!

Tex Trenches
06-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Your dedication to our Texans is much appreciated.

Lucky
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Stephanie, that piece was great. Great. You can't buy the passion you have for the players, the team, and the game. If you could buy it, McClain & Justice would be readable.

Texan Asylum
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Truly a Masterpiece. http://www.smileyworld.com/dictionary/images/smileys/Sports/american_football.gif

Texans_Chick
06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks y'all. A lot of that has been a little pent-up for a while. I could have probably made it twice as long.

But I figure since at least one of the Chronicle sports editors read my blog, I have to do my best to try to get them to give us more of the news we crave.

:texflag:

Señor Stan
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
I could have probably made it twice as long.

DO IT!

Seriously, post it here if you have to.

FILO_girl
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I had a great post, tuned into the same vibe that you were writing in...in my unique FILOgirl style of prose.

Then I let it go.

Why?

It was good! Talked of 'media hype, spoonfed to the sheeple', trust in Kubes for having a pair and high-fiving your 'how it is' style. One of my better posts.

But I was afraid it would have been too much for the Chronic. Those here know of my 'no excuses' way of thought, the Chronic crowd aren't conditioned to my ways and logic yet. :whip:

Great blog! Keep up the great work! :)

Farough
06-12-2006, 09:29 PM
That was a great read, thanks for that!

HOOK'EM
06-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks Chick- That was GREAT, I can't wait for the season to start!

Eyeguy
06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Chick,
OUTSTANDING!
Best article I have read this off season

TK_Gamer
06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
really impressive, that was a great read , thank you

El Tejano
06-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Alot of people say that Mario didn't do anything when he played against a good school.

Julius Peppers didn't do anything when he came to play Texas.

Texans_Chick
06-13-2006, 08:22 AM
DO IT!

Seriously, post it here if you have to.

There will be more. Soonish. It will make you weep. :texflag:

wicked_wayz
06-13-2006, 08:50 AM
thanxs a bunch chick u a real texan fan with alot of passion

edo783
06-13-2006, 08:52 AM
There will be more. Soonish. It will make you weep. :texflag:

Hopefully, it will make the Chronic and John McClain weep at how incompetent they are in comparison.

real
06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Great Read!!!

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
06-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Chick i wrote on the fan blog and now I'll say it here too you are great and it was one on the best peices I have read.I agree with everyone that you should be on staff at the chron.Thanks for being the TRUE voice of the Texans.Great job and keep it up. And again thank you. Cant' wait for your peice on D. Ryans.

U4ikrob
06-14-2006, 04:12 PM
As posted over at the Chronic - Another great post by our official Texans Bloggette. :perfect10:

Great work on the story Steph - Like you I also havea lot of frustration about our local medias lack of coverage. I tried to keep it civil for the most part and appreciate your candor and information alot on Mario.:mario:

I'm really looking forward to your piece on DeMeco of course being the Bama fan I am.[goes looking for a Bama - Roll tide Elephant avatar] hmmm well I guess this is as close as we have - :bowser: Kind of reminds me of DeMec on the field - Waiting to pounce...

Keep up the good work TC - looking forward to reading more from you soon at the blogspace!! :redtowel:

Texansbacker
06-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Nice story and great links. Thanks for taking the time and for sharing the info. How can anyone not like Mario Williams after that?!?! Now if we could just play some ball!

Wolf
06-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Tc nice article:redtowel:

as far as your future article about DeMeco Ryans (and not saying you need any help with blogs) I stumbled on this. maybe this helps save some time maybe not

•Linebacker DeMeco Ryans, the Houston Texans' second-round draft pick, has looked like a veteran in receiving and relaying signals from defensive coordinator Richard Smith. The Texans' coaches are so impressed with Ryans' intelligence, they believe he can learn multiple linebacker positions and are working with him accordingly in offseason workouts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9495672

Texan in Japan
06-15-2006, 09:55 AM
More kudos for your efforts, I really enjoyed the flow and ref's. Super job!

Texans_Chick
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the nice words.

And, here is the next completed Mario post: Mario Williams compendium, part II (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/06/mario_williams_compendium_part_1.html)

Anything that is worth doing is worth doing to overkill. Not really, but as it relates to this stuff, there is no harm to it. :texflag:

Double Barrel
06-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks once again for an excellent article, TC. :thumbup I look forward to future installments if your fine blog.

You are truly an asset to the Team's media department. :texflag: