PDA

View Full Version : The Texans Will Make the Playoffs IF...

real
06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I hear alot of people; sports writers and fans alike, making predictions for our upcoming season...Well if you had to pick one key to a successful season what would it be? For me I will put it all squarely on David Carr's shoulders...I think that everything else will pretty much fall in place if DC comes out and preforms well...

TexanFan881
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
I think our defense needs to really step up this year because with everything on offense I think David will perform, but can the defense get the offense on the field as much as possible? (in the good way :))

real
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I think our defense needs to really step up this year because with everything on offense I think David will perform, but can the defense get the offense on the field as much as possible? (in the good way :))

I think our defense won't be able to do anything this year but succeed...the only question that I have about our defense is our secondary...

TexanFan881
06-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I think our defense won't be able to do anything this year but succeed...the only question that I have about our defense is our secondary...

Exactly. That's what I think. I'm concerned about our secondary just like most people are. If they can perform at an average level I think we can be very good. We will make the playoffs if our secondary can perform.

Texans86
06-12-2006, 12:00 PM
I think this next season rides on the right shoulder of David Carr, and the 5- men charged with keeping him upright. He's been given the tools to work with, and I believe in him. Even the Colts and Chiefs won with terrible defenses.

hollywood_texan
06-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I think the defense has to step up strong this year and the offense needs to get quality production in the 4th quarter for there to be a playoff run.

Corrosion
06-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I think it rests on the O-line first and Carr making good decisions second . Face it 208 sacks in four seasons (an avg of 52 per season) would make it difficult for any QB to perform.

I think a lot of last seasons problems can be placed squarely upon the shoulders of Capers and his staff . They had lost the team plain and simple . No one believed in the offensive nor defensive schemes (see Jamie Sharper's comments at the end of the prior season that ultimately got him cut) . The staff played not to lose instead of playing to win . This was evident in many of their gameplans not to mention many of the decisions made by the coaches in game .

When a team doesnt believe in its coaches they dont put forth maximum effort . That is exactly what we saw with this team last season .

TexansJunkE
06-12-2006, 01:15 PM
It has to be O-Line! If the O-line holds up we will be able to sustain drives longer, Carr will then have time to throw more than a 1 yard hitch to AJ and be given his first chance to succeed. This season rests on the O-Line's shoulders. Haven't we been saying this for 4 years now? :listening

real
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I think it rests on the O-line first and Carr making good decisions second . Face it 208 sacks in four seasons (an avg of 52 per season) would make it difficult for any QB to perform.

I think a lot of last seasons problems can be placed squarely upon the shoulders of Capers and his staff . They had lost the team plain and simple . No one believed in the offensive nor defensive schemes (see Jamie Sharper's comments at the end of the prior season that ultimately got him cut) . The staff played not to lose instead of playing to win . This was evident in many of their gameplans not to mention many of the decisions made by the coaches in game .

When a team doesnt believe in its coaches they dont put forth maximum effort . That is exactly what we saw with this team last season .

So if you had to pick one element from the Texans that that must go well in order for us to be a playoff team it would be ??

I said D.Carr because I think that our o-line will do well next year...The only other area that reall concerns me about the Texans are the DB's, but I don't think that they have to have a real strong showing for us to win...I think DC is the key because our recievers are good...our running game will be good, and our o-line is much improved...new coaches...only position that hasn't had a change is QB....he has to play well for us to win

powerfuldragon
06-12-2006, 01:31 PM
the texans will make the playoffs if they win a lot of games.

TheTim5125
06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
This team has a good shot but the key to making the playoffs is.. injuries. stay healthy and the team will be fine

hollywood_texan
06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
only position that hasn't had a change is QB....

Excellent point, but maybe the bigger question may be will the excuses continue if he doesn't perform?

rockabilly
06-12-2006, 01:37 PM
...if our offense can be capable of scoring more than 2 touchdowns in a game AND have a defense that can play in the 4th quarter.

El Tejano
06-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I would say health and being injury free.

We have been one of the most injury riddled teams since our existance and no injuries is the key to any successful team.

Lucky
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
The Texans will make the playoffs if...we all pool our money and buy Peyton Manning a motorcycle.

I know, that was wrong.:slap:

real
06-12-2006, 01:59 PM
The Texans will make the playoffs if...we all pool our money and buy Peyton Manning a motorcycle.

:rolleyes:

edo783
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I hear alot of people; sports writers and fans alike, making predictions for our upcoming season...Well if you had to pick one key to a successful season what would it be? For me I will put it all squarely on David Carr's shoulders...I think that everything else will pretty much fall in place if DC comes out and preforms well...

So, your saying you expect us to make the playoffs this year if Carr plays well and if not it would be his fault if we don't?

hollywood_texan
06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
So, your saying you expect us to make the playoffs this year if Carr plays well and if not it would be his fault if we don't?

Are you making a joke or being serious?

I guess this is the season where Carr "must play well", using his quote from last year when answering a question if they needed to win a footbal game.

infantrycak
06-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I guess this is the season where Carr "must play well", using his quote from last year when answering a question if they needed to win a footbal game.

IMO it demonstrates a loss of objectivity when people try to use that quote against Carr. He was asked if it was a must win game. The answer is no it wasn't--absolutely nothing was hanging on it. The team wasn't going to move to another city or throw their hands up in the air and quit the remainder of the season if they lost; it wasn't going to keep them in the playoff hunt or anything else. It was a game where they needed to show they could play hard and well, something they had not been doing. Regardless of whether a person thinks Carr is a bust as a QB or has potential, that is the objective view of the exchange. It is ridiculous to represent the exchange as Carr intending anything else.

real
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM

No....I didn't say if he doesn't it's his fault...I said to me he is the most important piece for us to make the playoffs...he is the wild card...I think evryone else is going do well...I think Carr is the biggest question mark..

titan hater
06-12-2006, 02:29 PM

IM all for it...WHere do I send the check....

AFD1717
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
IMO it demonstrates a loss of objectivity when people try to use that quote against Carr. He was asked if it was a must win game. The answer is no it wasn't--absolutely nothing was hanging on it. The team wasn't going to move to another city or throw their hands up in the air and quit the remainder of the season if they lost; it wasn't going to keep them in the playoff hunt or anything else. It was a game where they needed to show they could play hard and well, something they had not been doing. Regardless of whether a person thinks Carr is a bust as a QB or has potential, that is the objective view of the exchange. It is ridiculous to represent the exchange as Carr intending anything else.

Amen.

hollywood_texan
06-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Is the season opener a must win against the Eagles?

If the Texans don't win that one and then go to Indy and lose again, they start 0-2, with Miami and Washington at home.

The Texans could easily start 1-3 and start that tough 6 of 8 road game stretch. After the first four games, playoffs could be out of reach quickly given the past track record (longest win streak at 2), which is the point of this thread?

My question is, when is it a must win game? Please don't tell me when the playoff are on the line, because you have to win games to get to that point.

And now I am not objective because I used the quote? I actually used it to make a joke. Maybe you are not objective because you can't find the humor in it? You have to admit it, it was funny when he said it.

You need to relax.

TK_Gamer
06-12-2006, 02:50 PM

Amen!

infantrycak
06-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Is the season opener a must win against the Eagles?

My question is, when is it a must win game?

Must win is a trite saying at best. Of course the season opener isn't a must win game. Half the teams in the league will lose that game and it will have no more effect than any other game on their record at the end of the year. Must win is not synonymous with it would be nice to win.

I actually used it to make a joke. Maybe you are not objective because you can't find the humor in it?

Sure it was a joke. :ok: Problem is the "joke" only works if you are misusing the quote as described above.

TK_Gamer
06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
No....I didn't say if he doesn't it's his fault...I said to me he is the most important piece for us to make the playoffs...he is the wild card...I think evryone else is going do well...I think Carr is the biggest question mark..

you have constantly tried to blame carr, I guess you dont read what others in the nfl have said at all . almost every sports writer/analyst has said the same thing, it wasnt david carr it was poor coaching and a terrible offensive line. I tend to agree with them. we had the worst offensive line in the nfl and you still wanna put alll the pressure on Carr, give the guy a break allready.

Hutch13
06-12-2006, 03:05 PM
O-Line if it can do fine We could finally see what David Carr can do without being on his back every play.

real
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
you have constantly tried to blame carr, I guess you dont read what others in the nfl have said at all . almost every sports writer/analyst has said the same thing, it wasnt david carr it was poor coaching and a terrible offensive line. I tend to agree with them. we had the worst offensive line in the nfl and you still wanna put alll the pressure on Carr, give the guy a break allready.
huh??? Whoa I don't know where i blamed Carr at....I asked what will be the biggest key to a winning season... and since I believe every other position other than DB is solid I went with Carr...He is my biggest Question Mark...All you have to do is state your key to a winning season...I haven't said anything negative about him...I just think he's the one guy who must step up if we are gonna be playoff contenders...:superman:

Texans_Chick
06-12-2006, 03:14 PM
A playoff run in 2006 would mean that Kubiak and co. have coached their behinds off. Our schedule bites it. Really, Kubes would be coach of the year.

It is all about how fast they can learn up their players on two new systems.

The defensive side of the ball should be a little easier.

The offense is a little harder, especially with what we want our Oline to do and how much they have to work together to make the zone blocking work--that it is not just a product of individual effort. All the players on offense have a role with every play and if there is anyone who doesn't get it, the offense won't work right.

Generally speaking, a team that is used to running a system will perform better than a even a more talented team that is learning a new system, because they can just play the game and react and not have to think so much.

DocBar
06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I think our defense won't be able to do anything this year but succeed...the only question that I have about our defense is our secondary...:pigfly:
Changing coaching staffs and schemes, THEN relying heavily on 2 rookies is harldy a formula for gauranteeing success. I have FAR fewer questions with our offense than defense. It's going to be a tough row to hoe for our D. I'm thinking we win a few cliffhangers, lose a few heartbreakers and come out roaring in '07. We make the playoffs this year only in the Twilight Zone. :twocents:

edo783
06-12-2006, 03:25 PM

While I disagee on the "Biggest ???" thing (I think it's the secondary), I do agree that he probably the most important key PLAYER to our success, just like the QB of every team is. To me, from a success standpoint, it will all be predicated on how well the TEAM assimilates the plan on both sides of the ball. I think we have the players and coaches to be competative with anyone. The question now is, can they put it together within the new system(s) and history tell us that usually, it take 2-3 years for a team to aclimate fully to a system. Hopefully it will be shorter here, because we have a fair amount of players that have been brought in that already know the offensive system. It's the defensive system I have some large doubts about. Got some real good guys in the front 7 and Dunta, but it is a big unknown to me other than some good guys at this point. Also, unless lightning somehow hits, there is no way we are making the playoffs this year. 6-10 record would be a major up.

real
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
:pigfly:
Changing coaching staffs and schemes, THEN relying heavily on 2 rookies is harldy a formula for gauranteeing success. I have FAR fewer questions with our offense than defense. It's going to be a tough row to hoe for our D. I'm thinking we win a few cliffhangers, lose a few heartbreakers and come out roaring in '07. We make the playoffs this year only in the Twilight Zone. :twocents:

Far fewer questions for the offense ?? Why ??? Offense usually takes longer to get it together than defense...And I don't think it is TOO unrealistic to think playoffs this year...Honestly I don't think it'll happen, but it's not like 1000 to 1 odds...

hollywood_texan
06-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Problem is the "joke" only works if you are misusing the quote as described above.

Not only am I not objective but I misuse quotes.

Here is a question, can you cut me the same slack you have cut Carr? That is another joke, you don't have to answer that. Actually, I am being :sarcasm:

I believe edo783 is big supporting of Carr and I thought it was quite humorous that he used the "play well" words himself. So, I didn't start it on my own accord.

Again, I think you just need to relax or maybe you are just too much of a :homer: .

real
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Here is a question, can you cut me the same slack you have cut Carr? .

Quote of the Year...

infantrycak
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Again, I think you just need to relax or maybe you are just too much of a :homer: .

Look, this thing has been posted here about 50 times with this spin on it--you happened to be the lucky one I finally responded to. May have appeared harsher to you than intended, but my point remains that IMO spinning this into a direct or implied negative incident for Carr is silly. If you think attempting to read a quote for its true intent instead of distorting it into your preconceived notion is cutting someone slack, I am sorry for you.

Thanks for using one of the other most trite statements to go along with "must win game"--the use of homer in connection with anyone who doesn't adopt at least as pessimistic a viewpoint as the person posting.

As for the original question posed by the thread (not necessarily playoffs, but overall play)--the single player with the most influence has to be Carr. He has to adapt to this system quickly, forget about last year, make good decisions, listen to and adopt the coaching he receives and try to assume a vocal leadership role. Only time will tell if he can do it. If units were involved then Carr and the OL would be having a chicken and egg battle.

hollywood_texan
06-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Look, this thing has been posted here about 50 times with this spin on it--you happened to be the lucky one I finally responded to. May have appeared harsher to you than intended, but my point remains that IMO spinning this into a direct or implied negative incident for Carr is silly. If you think attempting to read a quote for its true intent instead of distorting it into your preconceived notion is cutting someone slack, I am sorry for you.

Thanks for using one of the other most trite statements to go along with "must win game"--the use of homer in connection with anyone who doesn't adopt at least as pessimistic a viewpoint as the person posting.

You are right, the "must play well" quote is old and already been thoroughly examined.

It just seemed funny to me (I was merely referring to a Carr supporter's quote), and the cutting me some slack question I thought was right on point on the whole topic and hilarious to boot.

I really don't care what Carr does or doesn't do because it becomes more clear every day that people are so wound up about this topic and are going to have the same opinion regardless if the Texans win games or not with Carr as the QB.

Evidence, this current discussion and that we just can't have laugh at a joke even if it pokes fun at you or your idea. Actually, I find it more humerous when it is about me or my ideas. IMO, if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anyone else.

Infantrycak, I see a lot of your postings and some I don't agree with, but I respect what you say because you post well and get your point accross. I was just making a joke and please don't take any more than that.

real
06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Just for the record guys, I didn't start this thread to bash Carr...I just wanted to share my opinion about what One aspect of the texans IMO will make or break us this year...and I don't think anyone else has to play better than Carr day in and day out...thats all...

infantrycak
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
I was just making a joke and please don't take any more than that.

There are plenty of legitimate concerns with Carr, many of which I agree with. I tend to respond when IMO someone is taking an unfounded swipe on any player or topic. Don't take it for any more than that, i.e. a take in Carr's favor on "must make plays" doesn't mean an unrestricted positive view on Carr overall.

DocBar
06-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Far fewer questions for the offense ?? Why ??? Offense usually takes longer to get it together than defense...And I don't think it is TOO unrealistic to think playoffs this year...Honestly I don't think it'll happen, but it's not like 1000 to 1 odds...
The Offense has been "tinkering" with zone blocking for a year, so they are familiar with the concept.They added 2 BIG name veterans this year; the rest are, as I stated, more or less familiar with the scheme. Coaching provides the rest.

On D, we added some "big" names and drafted 2 phenoms who will be perennial all-stars, but went in a totally opposite direction, scheme-wise, of how we've been drafting the last 4 years. Wong and Peek are called "'tweeners" for a reason. The secondary is suspect at best and our LB corps has a rookie as the only serious stud of the bunch.

All in all, I think the talent is there, offensively, to execute the scheme in a manner that will win games. On the other side of the ball, I see a lot of mix and match to find the best combination to weather the next year or two out until Kubiak and Smith can draft the types of players they want. I hope I'm half wrong and the D is top 10. I just think that is the harder side of the ball to gauge.

cred
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I here alot of people say defense, I here alot more people say Carr............. me personally I think it is a little of both, now I know that we are supposed to choose one, so here it is. Win the battle of the turnovers. So in essence it would be on both sides of the ball. I don't think Carr is to blame for all of the problems, I say this because if you look back to the 7-9 season, he had over 4000 yards combined passing and rushing, where as the defense was and always has been middle of the pack. I don't think that we need a perfect defense to make it to the playoffs, (look at the colts, not a dominate D, but a decesant one). Also I don't think that you need a superstar at QB as well, look at Pittsburgh, dominate D, but a decesant QB, that could sustain drives. We have all heard the phrase the offense wins games, but the defense wins championships, right, but in my oppinion it will be to win the battle of the turnovers for us to make to the playoffs.

just my :twocents:

bayoudreamn
06-12-2006, 11:32 PM

High production from the front 7 limits the need for anything more than an average secondary. I think it's covered. I hope we improve it next year and really turn up the heat!

bayoudreamn
06-12-2006, 11:42 PM
While I disagee on the "Biggest ???" thing (I think it's the secondary), I do agree that he probably the most important key PLAYER to our success, just like the QB of every team is. To me, from a success standpoint, it will all be predicated on how well the TEAM assimilates the plan on both sides of the ball. I think we have the players and coaches to be competative with anyone. The question now is, can they put it together within the new system(s) and history tell us that usually, it take 2-3 years for a team to aclimate fully to a system. Hopefully it will be shorter here, because we have a fair amount of players that have been brought in that already know the offensive system. It's the defensive system I have some large doubts about. Got some real good guys in the front 7 and Dunta, but it is a big unknown to me other than some good guys at this point. Also, unless lightning somehow hits, there is no way we are making the playoffs this year. 6-10 record would be a major up.

Amen!!! Best answer on the thread. I've got to hand it to all the guys. Everything I've seen and heard this offseason indicates they've all worked their butts off. If efforts worth anything....they don't deserve to lose a game.....but someone has to.......so, I say the offensive scheme has to work, it's not one player or one piece. We've never had an offense we could say had better than average production and that's what we need.

bayoudreamn
06-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Quote of the Year...

What list? Bloopers?

Eyeguy
06-12-2006, 11:55 PM
We have a good team. The question is can we live through the injuries?
Can we be the same team if Carr, AJ or Dunta is lost for the year?
The health of a few critical player this first year will be more imporant than in furture years. Players will become more comfortable with managments new system and we can draft for depth in years to come.
The loss of an important skill player will effect this team making the play-offs more than any other factor.

bayoudreamn
06-12-2006, 11:57 PM
We have a good team. The question is can we live through the injuries?
Can we be the same team if Carr, AJ or Dunta is lost for the year?
The health of a few critical player this first year will be more imporant than in furture years. Players will become more comfortable with managments new system and we can draft for depth in years to come.
The loss of an important skill player will effect this team making the play-offs more than any other factor.

No disagreeing with that.

ensign_lee
06-13-2006, 12:18 AM
"Score more points" - hehe.

ok. Seriously, though. I think it will come down to the play of our O-Line. If they can't make it happen, we're going to have a repeat of doomsday. I sure hope that Mike Sherman can work miracles...

TwinSisters
06-13-2006, 01:01 AM
I would say health and being injury free.

We have been one of the most injury riddled teams since our existance and no injuries is the key to any successful team.

...and I will place the point after here.

:fieldgoal

wicked_wayz
06-13-2006, 01:01 AM
I think this next season rides on the right shoulder of David Carr, and the 5- men charged with keeping him upright. He's been given the tools to work with, and I believe in him. Even the Colts and Chiefs won with terrible defenses.

yeah i second that, it all comes down to david and the oline's performance

TwinSisters
06-13-2006, 01:11 AM

Wrong indeed, but not in the way I might think. He would get the bike and then never ride it, because his dad doesn't let him ride without a helmet. Being that his head is too big to fit in a standard helmet, the money would go to waste and be wrong.

But I suppose we could get Riddell to make him a customized helmet. However I doubt he would ride the bike even then. The pressure of having to ask his dad for permission would seem to be far too great.

as for this thread... we have to beat the Colts. Beat the Colts and we make the playoffs.

Point being if you cannot beat the Colts, what good is being in the playoffs? That monkey is the first one that needs to be beat.

Double Barrel
06-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Well if you had to pick one key to a successful season what would it be?

The Texans Will Make the Playoffs IF...

...our primary running back has a 1600+ yard season.

Carr, smarr. Denver's philosophy has always been about the running game first. It sets up everything else. All we need from our QB is to to be at least as good as Trent Dilfer (doesn't lose games). And I'm not really worried about our defense (there are areas of concern, of course).

But our RB, on the other hand, needs to have an awesome season if the Texans have a chance of making the playoffs.

TexanFan881
06-13-2006, 09:07 PM
The Texans Will Make the Playoffs IF...

...our primary running back has a 1600+ yard season.

Carr, smarr. Denver's philosophy has always been about the running game first. It sets up everything else. All we need from our QB is to to be at least as good as Trent Dilfer (doesn't lose games). And I'm not really worried about our defense (there are areas of concern, of course).

But our RB, on the other hand, needs to have an awesome season if the Texans have a chance of making the playoffs.

Denver hasn't had a 1600+ yard back for a couple of years and they've been successful. I can see maybe 1800+ rushing yards total but I think there will be a combination of players getting some good yardage (DD, Smith, and someone else Rick Smith will get for Kubes-probably Michael Bennett).

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
06-13-2006, 09:24 PM
O.K. I am new to this form and I'm sitting here reading about the texans going to the playoffs this year from all of yall. I'm a texan fan through and through but i think it needs to be real. 8 and 8 I feel is more in line. New coach,new off.,new o-line(players and blocking style),new D-line(granted players are moving back into positions they played in college)But this is alot to put together in one season.Please do not get me wrong. I think this is one of the best drafts Houston has ever had but I am going to keep my sanity in check. 8 and 8 this year,playoffs next year and Carr will have a probowl season next year as well. This year Carr get to understand what its like to see the field not the sky because he wont be on his back 50+ times.

threetoedpete
06-14-2006, 01:29 AM
It has to be O-Line! If the O-line holds up we will be able to sustain drives longer, Carr will then have time to throw more than a 1 yard hitch to AJ and be given his first chance to succeed. This season rests on the O-Line's shoulders. Haven't we been saying this for 4 years now? :listening
I will take this further, if the new staff weeds out the weak links in the o-line early DC, will have a very good year. To rebuild a d, to switch schemes, transion personel, my book says it takes two off seasons. Any production out of the d front seven will be gravy. I want to believe play offs. My heart says 10-6. My mind says anything over 5-11 will be decent. Right corner is going to kill us.

The Texans make the play offs if: 1. Manning goes down with a season ending injury...early. 2. Babs, Peak and P-buc have complete turn arounds. 3.The o-line Jells as a unit....in september 4. Beanie actually sees PT or a TE acually becomes a threat in the two deep zone. And,5. right corner holds the rope. Might happen.

TwinSisters
06-14-2006, 02:18 AM
The Texans make the play offs if: 1. Manning goes down with a season ending injury...early.

man I hope that doesn't happen. You don't want to beat the Colts without Manning and Harrison on the field. That would just cheapen the whole affair.

Hulk75
06-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Just like I thought it is the Houston Texans and then the QB David Carr.

Let me help calm the pain for you

Our Line is going to be %100 better. Winston and Spencer
Center is a pro bowler.

Moulds or Corey Bradford
Walters or Jabar
Dre with NO WRs on the other side or Dre with Eric Moulds and Kevin Walters.
Mark Bruener and Matt Murphy OR Jeb Putzier Bennie Joppuru and Owen Daniels.
DD Wells and Hollings or KUBIAKS RBs.

Dom and Palmer calling the plays OR Gary Kubiak and his staff.

I have not even started on the Defense.................

michaelm
06-14-2006, 09:30 AM
FHonestly I don't think it'll happen, but it's not like 1000 to 1 odds...

Correct!
According to BoDog.com you can currently get 9/1 odds that the Texans will win the AFC South, and 100/1 odds that we win the Superbowl.

Colts get 1/5 to win AFC South
Titans get 15/1 to win AFC South

Double Barrel
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Denver hasn't had a 1600+ yard back for a couple of years and they've been successful.

While this is true, we are not Denver. They've got a winning tradition. We've never even had a winning season. They've got veteran leadership and a team that they can keep building on every year. We get to start over from scratch, keeping some players but adding a lot more.

You're right, tho', it doesn't have to be one RB that gets 1600 (although, I think we'll be in the playoffs if we do have that). But my main point is that our running game is much more important at this stage than our passing game. If we can't establish a consistent running game, our passing game will never amount to anything. This isn't the run&shoot, it's an offense that hinges on a successful running attack.

That being said, I think too much is being made of Carr's performance this year. He just needs to be stable and able to avoid making costly mistakes. The most important feature, IMO, is that we establish the run so everything can build from there.

dwilt72
06-14-2006, 12:03 PM
The Texans will make the playoffs if 90% of the teams in the league lose their staring QB.