PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Favorite Qb In The Nfl

wicked_wayz
06-12-2006, 06:26 AM
hey thought i'd start a thread asking who's your favorite QB playing in the NFL at the moment?????.....

mine has to be TOM BRADY cause unlike manning, palmer and culpepper (when he had burlenson and moss), brady does not have pro bowl WR's like they do, although givens is ok but no way near as talented as the likes of harrison and wayne. And yet brady is one of the most consistant QB in the league....just imagines if he had boldin and fitzgerald at his disposal.

Texans Horror
06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
The ones I enjoy watching most right now are Chris Simms, Vince Young, and of course, David Carr. Can't help it - they're the ones I have an invested interest in.

I always liked the Niner/Broncos QBs - Montana, Elway, Young (Steve), etc. I hope to be able to add Carr to that caliber of quarterback.

Hulk75
06-12-2006, 08:31 AM
David Carr, I also think he has "it"..............Favorite ever-John Elway-Then a close 3rd would be Todd Marinavich:tease:

wicked_wayz
06-12-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah i too have nothing but high hopes for carr, and i've always imagine what it would be like if he was drafted to play for a better team....

hot pickle
06-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Vince Young i know he hasnt proved him self, but i have to go with the guy that did so much for UT

David Carr is up there as well, as one of my favorites

real
06-12-2006, 10:14 AM
My favorite Qb has to be Tom Brady...He is always so calm under pressure and to me that is what can make or break a QB

Exascor
06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Not counting Carr (who only gets my vote because he is a Texan), I think Carson Palmer is fun to watch. Amazing talent for such a young guy on what was traditionally a horrible team.

TexanFan881
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Other than Carr I like Jake Delhomme and Marc Bulger a lot. Both can really light up the scoreboards

jerek
06-12-2006, 11:52 AM
David Carr.

Eh, that's pretty much it. I'd say Payton Manning (when he isn't pressured), but he plays for the Colts and is a whiner. I'd say Tom Brady, but I got tired of seeing him on the Tonight Show. I was a big fan of Kurt Warner until he became the human injury.

Flame away.

kastofsna
06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
culpepper was actually better without "all those" pro bowl receivers he had. burleson is better than no one on the patriots' corp.

brady, favre, manning, delhomme...

TwinSisters
06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
The ones I enjoy watching most right now are Chris Simms, Vince Young, and of course, David Carr. Can't help it - they're the ones I have an invested interest in.

Woot the Longhorn Alumni.

Carr is the #1... but ya know who doesn't like watching their QB? Except maybe the Lions.

Warner - I like watching him because I cannot figure out how much of the talent is his and how much is the rest of his team. I have seen alot of QBs play and at times, he seems great, while in others he is throwing the ball like a rookie. What gives? I actually have no idea. Maybe he is bipolar or something. I saw alot of his games with the Rams... man they would just shred teams with 7-15 yard passes.

Vick - Just because I like the running vs passing debate.

Favre - Because he plays like a high stakes gambler. Even when he is only holding one ace of hearts and a bunch of junk cards, he doesn't fold and just throws it out there.

Texans#1
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
My Favorite QB is DAVIED CARR

GO TEXANS!!!!

DocBar
06-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Big Ben and George Clooney on ER!!!!! OUCH!!!! That has to hurt

Hutch13
06-12-2006, 07:24 PM
David Carr of course and Jake Delhomme nothing too fancy about him just gets the job done

cincyTEXAN
06-12-2006, 07:30 PM
jared lorenzen a.k.a " the pillsboughry throwboy" a.k.a "the hefty lefty" a.k.a "battleship lorenzen'.........

HOOK'EM
06-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I really enjoy the Carr Show, probrably even more so this year! I also enjoy Brady for all the reasons said above..................:redtowel:

Tex Trenches
06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Carr & McNair

I'll be rooting for Vince as long as his team sucks.

DominickDavisFan76
06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
1.David Carr
2.Peyton Manning
3.Omar Jacobs
4.Timmy Chang (joke)

wicked_wayz
06-12-2006, 11:11 PM
My favorite Qb has to be Tom Brady...He is always so calm under pressure and to me that is what can make or break a QB

yeah totally agree with you 110% even when the defence has 6 pass rushers against him, and yet hes as calm as ever and able to make the big plays.......tom brady is the legit

4th&inches
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Tom Brady is the best all around QB in my book...Manning, Palmer, and Big Ben are the other top in my book....Carr isnt on my list though...for now anyways :tease:

J-Storm
06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
1. Tom Brady
2. Duante Culpepper
3. Carson Palmer

wicked_wayz
06-13-2006, 01:59 AM
isn't it amazing how many people has said that carr is their favourite QB, but only a couple of months ago we were consistantly criticizing him and asking for him to be released hahaha:rolleyes:

swtbound07
06-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Mike Vick...dude is the truth.

Texas
06-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Brady...Same reasoning!

CajunTexan
06-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Present: David Carr/Brett Favre
Past: Troy Aikman/Bobby Hebert
Paster: Roger Staubach/Bert Jones
Pastist: Bart Starr/Fran Tarkington

TwinSisters
06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
man did Bert Jones have a lot of fans or what. This is third time I have seen his name put out in one year! :)

StarStruck
06-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Present: Drew Bledsoe/Peyton Manning
Past: Troy Aikman/Steve Young
Paster: Roger Staubach/Joe Montana
Pastist: Kenny Stabler/Sorry, Dandy Don didn't make my list, but he had heart

beerlover
06-15-2006, 03:38 AM
in no particular order: # 17 Jake Delhomme # 8 Matt Hasselbeck # 9 Drew Brees

CajunTexan
06-15-2006, 11:47 PM
man did Bert Jones have a lot of fans or what. This is third time I have seen his name put out in one year! :)

"The Ruston Rifle" dude could sling it!!!! Had toughness, heart and best of all, LSU boy!

mike moffat
06-16-2006, 01:42 AM
David Carr is going to be something. You wait and see. I think that he did one heck of a good job with only 1.75 seconds on each snap before running for his life!
Present: Carr / Manning (Peyton)
Past: Aikman / Farve (he's through)
Paster: Bradshaw / Stabler (Two of the biggest hearts and guts)
Pastiest: Bart Starr was my man. Period.

Kinda funny...where's all of the Montana fans?

Wharton
06-16-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm partial to the old, crafty vets.

Brad Johnson: He was a winner in Tampa and I don't think it was a fluke he turned the Vikings around last year.

Trent Green: Having a lot of seasons under his belt, Trent got a second career in KC.

Marc Bulger: There’s not a single thing about Bulger that’s interesting. And, thats what I like about him. Marc has quietly become one of the best QBs in the league. Granted, he's not old, but he is crafty.

Trent Dilfer: Yep, he sucks! I admit it. But Trent's got a ring and is still in the league, when many of his contemporaries have left the league. That says something to me.

Paster: Terry Bradshaw: Terry admits he wasn't a good QB and if you look at the numbers, you'd have to agree. But he was good enough to win a bunch of SB.

Pastest: Johnny Unitus: Flat top hair, High top shoes and he did nothing but win. Now that's a football player.

Huge
06-18-2006, 09:37 AM
"Favorite" QB would probably be Peyton Manning.

He's put in the work to master the art of the play-action. Not sure why more don't do this. He's got a bit of the goofy-country in him but he's one of the good guys. Does a ton of fund-raising work and he's not afraid to laugh at himself.

jagibelieve
06-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Byron Leftwich

ExistentialistMZ
06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
culpepper was actually better without "all those" pro bowl receivers he had. burleson is better than no one on the patriots' corp.

brady, favre, manning, delhomme...

:drool:

Culpepper had his numbers drop when he lost Chris Carter. Who is one of the Best WR to ever play. The man was known to catch TD passes. He was great.

He also had Randy Moss.

Two guys who just had to go up and get the ball. When he lost them he lost the ability to air the ball out.

Are you forgeting all the records that Cunningham set the year before when he took over with the same guys. Which team put up the most yards and points. Look up the minnesota vikings. Because oddly enough, it was them

HomeBred_Texan
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I grew up with the Oilers, and why I am gonna say this I have no idea. But I have 2 favorites of old that are now retired. Staubach and Bradshaw. Loved watching them 2 anytime anywhere.

But to the present right now, I would have to say that my 2 favorites are Big Ben and Carson Palmer.

But David Carr will always be number 1 just because....
I hope he has the season we all expect...

awtysst
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I will cheer for Carr, but he isnt my favirote.

My favorites include Big Ben(powerful arm and solid), Jake Delhome(a great arm), Donovan F. McNabb(fun to watch), and Trent Green(solid if not flashy).

WWJD
06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Favre.

stevo3883
06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Present: David Carr/Brett Favre
Past: Troy Aikman/Bobby Hebert
Paster: Roger Staubach/Bert Jones
Pastist: Bart Starr/Fran Tarkington

It's Pastest, DUH!

Texan Asylum
06-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Carr, I can't think of anyone else I could possibly prefer. Past would be Warren Moon. :homer:

CajunTexan
06-22-2006, 09:47 PM
It's Pastest, DUH!

Thanks "Dr. Spellcheck":tease:

Kaiser Toro
06-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I really like to watch Brady. He just has that classic look of a QB looking like grace under pressure. You just seem to see it in a couple of players in each generation. Not measureable, but I think you get the visual context.

thunderkyss
06-22-2006, 11:39 PM
My favorite, if I had to pick one, at the moment, is Dante Culpepper..... far as I can tell, he has a bit of a leadership problem... he isn't a strong leader...

But I think he'll get that settled sooner rather than later.

Who I think is the best....... Peyton Manning..

QBs I love to watch.....

Palmer..... it's been a long time since I've seen anyone use the pocket the way he does...... he takes one step, and the pass rush flies right past him, taking the would be sacker way out of position to make any kind of play.

Vick..... I would never want him on my team...... or playing against my team. but I sure do love to watch him play.

Leftwich...... dudes a gamer...

The QB I root for, knowing I shouldn't......... Aaron Brooks..... that dude has sooooo much talent. If only he wasn't so stupid.

from yesteryear........ Warren Moon...... he was just such a classy guy.

and Randall Cunningham....... kinda like Barry Sanders, only playing QB.

mike moffat
06-24-2006, 10:04 AM
My favorite, if I had to pick one, at the moment, is Dante Culpepper..... far as I can tell, he has a bit of a leadership problem... he isn't a strong leader...

But I think he'll get that settled sooner rather than later.

Who I think is the best....... Peyton Manning..

QBs I love to watch.....

Palmer..... it's been a long time since I've seen anyone use the pocket the way he does...... he takes one step, and the pass rush flies right past him, taking the would be sacker way out of position to make any kind of play.

Vick..... I would never want him on my team...... or playing against my team. but I sure do love to watch him play.

Leftwich...... dudes a gamer...

The QB I root for, knowing I shouldn't......... Aaron Brooks..... that dude has sooooo much talent. If only he wasn't so stupid.

from yesteryear........ Warren Moon...... he was just such a classy guy.

and Randall Cunningham....... kinda like Barry Sanders, only playing QB.
I have to agree with almost everything here. But, not Warren Moon. He is not a classy guy. A wife beater is not my idea of class. Just my opinion.

DominickDavisFan76
06-24-2006, 02:18 PM
jared lorenzen a.k.a " the pillsboughry throwboy" a.k.a "the hefty lefty" a.k.a "battleship lorenzen'.........

Umm...did he play for Kentucky?

BradK10
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Battleship Lorenzen is quite possibly the greatest nic ever

texan279
06-24-2006, 04:48 PM
I have to agree with almost everything here. But, not Warren Moon. He is not a classy guy. A wife beater is not my idea of class. Just my opinion.

Moon was acquitted in that case...

Huge
06-25-2006, 08:09 AM
http://www.widewordofsports.com/images/Football/lorenzen_jared1.jpg
Why would anybody need a zoom feature on a picture of Jared Lorenzen?

SheTexan
06-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Other than our own TEXAN, my fav is Bret Farve! Dude still has the ability to make a boring game exciting.

Past QBs would be Montana, Young, and Jim Kelly!

Of the new kids on the field, I am anticipating great and exciting things from Matt Leinert! I think the kid has the magic it takes to make it BIG in the NFL. Will be fun to watch anyway!!

Kaiser Toro
06-25-2006, 09:40 AM
http://www.widewordofsports.com/images/Football/lorenzen_jared1.jpg

Santa Claus University has had their eye on Lorenzen for quite a long time. He is a blue chip prospect for the Sleddin' St. Nicks.

mike moffat
06-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Moon was acquitted in that case...
Yeah, so was O.J.