PDA

View Full Version : SI:Top 10 disappinting players of 2005

Wolf
06-11-2006, 01:55 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/03/gallery.dissapointment/carr.jpg

David Carr, Quarterback, Texans
This was supposed to be the year the former No. 1 overall pick became a star, but it's been the same old story in Houston. Carr has been sacked a league-high 37 times and often it's been his fault for not getting rid of the ball. The fourth-year quarterback has taken a step back after looking like he had turned the corner in 2004.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/03/gallery.dissapointment/content.2.html

must have been a midseason article from last season(can't find a date). I take the good with the bad with this..

I am optomistic and say Carr should be in line with SI: most improved players of 2006 :redtowel:

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 01:58 PM
This is only true if you were expecting a better record then 2-14 last year.:hunter:

DocBar
06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
KINDA SURPRISED AJ wasn't on there along with the entire defensive unit for the Texans. Should be a 180 this year.

Wolf
06-11-2006, 02:01 PM
now that I think about it.. says Carr was sacked 37 times that had to be after the 4th game if I am not mistaken

DocBar
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
now that I think about it.. says Carr was sacked 37 times that had to be after the 4th game if I am not mistaken
LMAO!!! Was that the 4th PRE-season game??

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM

:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

Wolf
06-11-2006, 02:10 PM
LMAO!!! Was that the 4th PRE-season game??

:lol: probably right

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Has anyone stopped for a minute and considered the possibility that David might like to be sacked?:twocents:

Wolf
06-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Has anyone stopped for a minute and considered the possibility that David might like to be sacked?:twocents:

not sure if you live in houston or philly or where ever, but H.E.B. is a local grocery chain in Texas and they ran an article with Carr carrying a grocery sack full of groceries.. Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte happen to tackle him too, so it is a thing that isn't funny,but is.

maybe you're right he likes to feel the smell of grass in the morning..feels like victory :lol:

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Wolf, I'm from NJ, born in Philly, but I have been following the Texans from the beginning. We personally have not talked in years but I remember you well.

DocBar
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
That was a funny commercial. Not as funny as T.O. with Eagles, but funny.

Wolf
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
this is a short clip ,but his is what Kubiak HAS to fix.

Carr has to get the ball out of his hands
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wrPaGiHyaE&search=%22david%20Carr%22

Wolf
06-11-2006, 02:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLi798Lw2UM&search=%22david%20Carr%22

2nd clip was OL

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:26 PM
That was a funny commercial. Not as funny as T.O. with Eagles, but funny.

I guess you think 2-14 is hillarious then.:hunter:

CloakNNNdagger
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/03/gallery.dissapointment/carr.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/03/gallery.dissapointment/content.2.html

must have been a midseason article from last season(can't find a date). I take the good with the bad with this..

I am optomistic and say Carr should be in line with SI: most improved players of 2006 :redtowel:

-----------------------------

If you right click on your link and click on "properties," you'll see the identifying time stamp of 11/03/2005. :)

Wolf
06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
-----------------------------

If you right click on your link and click on "properties," you'll see the identifying time stamp of 11/03/2005. :)

thanks cloak :hide:

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Cloak has always been good with the computer stuff.:superman:

DocBar
06-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I guess you think 2-14 is hillarious then.:hunter:
Not at all...but humor IS the best medicine and if didn't laugh, I would have to cry about 2-14. BUT I would rather cheer for 2-14 TEXANS than SB Champion Eagles. HAHAHAHAH....I said SB Champion Eagles

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Why?

DocBar
06-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Why?
because

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 02:53 PM
No reason, huh?

Texans86
06-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I can't even get to two seconds before Carr is on the ground in those two clips. That can't be normal.

MadBurgerMaker
06-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I can't even get to two seconds before Carr is on the ground in those two clips. That can't be normal.

I got to "two one thousand" on the first one. Whats the average amount of time an NFL QB has to throw the ball? About 3 seconds?

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Not for Carr.:hides:

DocBar
06-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Not for Carr.:hides:
Is McNabb coming off of injury this year or am I thinking of Culpepper?
Regardless, Carr has endured a lot more and is still going strong. I think that a new staff/scheme is going to do wonders for Carr. 208 sacks in 4 years, regardless of fault, is absolutely amazing. That's like the NFL version of D-Day(Allied Side) each week. Are you being an ass to the Texans just because we play the Eagles this year? If so, I hope you aren't badgering us because we will be their only win this year. That would be sad. They will lose that game too.

Wolf
06-11-2006, 04:58 PM

1st clip we had 4 wr set.. I would assume there should have been a hot route
*edit*
I may have too look back and see if it was a blitz or if our OL just got pushed back

2nd clip was a plain ole miscommunication on the OL or Henderson just made a great move..

Wolf
06-11-2006, 05:01 PM
geeze, I may need to get my eyes checked

that was shotgun 4 wr set with 4 man rush.

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Is McNabb coming off of injury this year or am I thinking of Culpepper?
Regardless, Carr has endured a lot more and is still going strong. I think that a new staff/scheme is going to do wonders for Carr. 208 sacks in 4 years, regardless of fault, is absolutely amazing. That's like the NFL version of D-Day(Allied Side) each week. Are you being an ass to the Texans just because we play the Eagles this year? If so, I hope you aren't badgering us because we will be their only win this year. That would be sad. They will lose that game too.

Giving up already? Do the words cumulative trauma mean anything to you?

Ibar_Harry
06-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Go back and look at the 1st game Carr played against Dallas and you will have your answers. In the beginning of that game he had protection. You saw what he did. Since that time he has had little if any protection and an offensive scheme that made no sense from a football perspective. Carr will be just fine when he has protection and some players around him. Oh, by the way, that is what he has this year.

I say we are going to go 13-3 and the eagles will be one of the victums. Remember, HJ Carr had to hit Gaffny in the back with a pass to get his attention. I think McNabb is going to be very frustrated with his receivers this year. I think you are seriously under estimating the change in the O-line scheme as well as the change in our receiver core. Basically the only receiver we had was AJ and every one knew who we were throwing to. It was not exactly your best kept secret. This year Carr will be targeting whoever is open. There will not be one go to guy at all cost like the past. Nobody understood how bad the previous coaching staff was and what they wanted the Texan's players to do.

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 05:05 PM
LOL, the coaches were never on the field.:challenge

CajunTexan
06-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Look at the second clip again and look at the guy blocking Henderson, our left guard #67 (I do not know who that is). He is TOTALLY lost!!!! Unbelieveable!

Ibar_Harry
06-11-2006, 05:11 PM
LOL, the coaches were never on the field.:challenge
You are correct physically they were not on the field. But anyone who crossed them found their way to another team or was benched. Yes, HJ it was that bad. Carr was allowed very little leave way and when he showed he could call the plays better than they, they immediately took that away from him. We had a bunch of control freaks for coaches.

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
You are correct physically they were not on the field. But anyone who crossed them found their way to another team or was benched. Yes, HJ it was that bad. Carr was allowed very little leave way and when he showed he could call the plays better than they, they immediately took that away from him. We had a bunch of control freaks for coaches.

And you think Kub will be any different? Come on.

Wolf
06-11-2006, 05:16 PM
1st clip he beat McKinney

2nd clip.. it was 67.. was that milford brown? completely lost.. maybe because the audible was an actual pass play instead of run left :challenge

MightyTExan
06-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Go back and look at the 1st game Carr played against Dallas and you will have your answers. In the beginning of that game he had protection. You saw what he did. Since that time he has had little if any protection and an offensive scheme that made no sense from a football perspective. Carr will be just fine when he has protection and some players around him. Oh, by the way, that is what he has this year.

I say we are going to go 13-3 and the eagles will be one of the victums. Remember, HJ Carr had to hit Gaffny in the back with a pass to get his attention. I think McNabb is going to be very frustrated with his receivers this year. I think you are seriously under estimating the change in the O-line scheme as well as the change in our receiver core. Basically the only receiver we had was AJ and every one knew who we were throwing to. It was not exactly your best kept secret. This year Carr will be targeting whoever is open. There will not be one go to guy at all cost like the past. Nobody understood how bad the previous coaching staff was and what they wanted the Texan's players to do.

Waitaminute. Didn't you predict almost exactly how our season went last year? I hope you're on the money this time.

edo783
06-11-2006, 05:32 PM
At one point last season ESPN put a clock on Carr and he was AVERAGING 1.5 seconds before the defense was on him. The NFL average time is about 4 seconds. If he gets that amont of time (4 sec.) on a consistant basis (85%?) he should be able to get the job done, if not, Might be time to look elswhere.

Ibar_Harry
06-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Waitaminute. Didn't you predict almost exactly how our season whent last year? I hope you're on the money this time.

Yep!!

Ibar_Harry
06-11-2006, 05:41 PM
And you think Kub will be any different? Come on.

As a matter of fact, yes. You have to understand that in Kubiak's system a play is not one play, rather, it is a series of plays designed around one play. The back goes where the opening is, not a specified opening. The QB goes to who is open not a specific receiver. He trusts his players to make something out of the play. It is much more difficult to defend this type of offense. Kubiak has a very fundamentally different approach to the game having been a QB.

Ibar_Harry
06-11-2006, 05:44 PM
At one point last season ESPN put a clock on Carr and he was AVERAGING 1.5 seconds before the defense was on him. The NFL average time is about 4 seconds. If he gets that amont of time (4 sec.) on a consistant basis (85%?) he should be able to get the job done, if not, Might be time to look elswhere.

That would be about 167% more time than he ususally has. Yep, look at the Dallas game where he had that kind of time and you will see he did just fine.

HARRYJ
06-11-2006, 06:11 PM
As a matter of fact, yes. You have to understand that in Kubiak's system a play is not one play, rather, it is a series of plays designed around one play. The back goes where the opening is, not a specified opening. The QB goes to who is open not a specific receiver. He trusts his players to make something out of the play. It is much more difficult to defend this type of offense. Kubiak has a very fundamentally different approach to the game having been a QB.

Keep thinking that, Kub is a control freak.:challenge

TopTexanFan16
06-11-2006, 09:01 PM

Honestly, every post i've seen so far on this MESSAGE BOARD has been deragotory toward the Texans. How about you have something productive to say or go somewhere else, because i am tired of reading your non-sense replies.....please.

Hervoyel
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM

I recognize the avatar and the name but you don't talk anything like the "Harry" I remember from "the very beginning". Interesting.

bayoudreamn
06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
I recognize the avatar and the name but you don't talk anything like the "Harry" I remember from "the very beginning". Interesting.

I don't know HarryJ but apparently he's been around awhile. Some of the "veteran" members seem to know him well. He was getting pretty nasty earlier and it got to the point where it looked like people were about to really attack....then he admitted that he was :fishing: and it all calmed down. Apparently he comes in every now and then and "spices" up the conversation. Watch his posts for a few minutes and you'll see he's not so bad....not anything like some people who visit here.

valleytexfan
06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
not sure if you live in houston or philly or where ever, but H.E.B. is a local grocery chain in Texas and they ran an article with Carr carrying a grocery sack full of groceries.. Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte happen to tackle him too, so it is a thing that isn't funny,but is.

maybe you're right he likes to feel the smell of grass in the morning..feels like victory :lol:

Not sure if it's another commercial, but there's one for HEB when David walks in with a bunch of groceries, but no bags. Rocket gives this puzzled look and David's wife says, "He doesn't like sacks"...pretty clever, but I haven't seen it for a while.:howdy:

Lucky
06-11-2006, 10:46 PM
I may have too look back and see if it was a blitz or if our OL just got pushed back
Look at the 1st clip and you'll see the RG (Weary) standing around and adjusting his jock rather than finding the closest guy to him (in this case Henderson). That's what Kubiak has to fix.