PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Faulk considering retirement...

texan279
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rams-faulk&prov=ap&type=lgns)

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk is not attending the team's final minicamp this weekend while contemplating retirement because of knees that have been slow to recover from offseason cleanup surgery.

New coach Scott Linehan said Friday that two weeks ago Faulk, who has undergone numerous such surgeries on both knees, expressed his concerns. Linehan said Faulk's agent, Rocky Arceneaux, told him again on Thursday that Faulk "wasn't physically ready to go."

"Guys that have played at such a high level for so many years and have taken so many hits, sometimes it starts to wear you down a little bit," Linehan said. "He's trying to figure out how he can manage it."

Faulk, the 2000 NFL MVP, is ninth on the career rushing list with 12,279 yards, 34 yards behind Jim Brown. But he had a career-low 292 yards rushing last year and made only one start, in the season finale when Steven Jackson was out with a hip pointer.

Linehan said under the circumstances that he didn't mind Faulk not at least attending the meetings at the minicamp to pick up the new offense. Linehan reasoned that if Faulk had attended the camp, he would have wanted to participate even though he's not ready.

TexanFan881
06-10-2006, 01:17 AM
He had a decent season last year as a back-up running back. With his injury and age concerns, it's probably not going to get any better. He's had a great career and I'm sure whatever decision he makes will be the right one.

texan279
07-11-2006, 02:45 PM
from www.kffl.com

Rams | Faulk to be placed on IR
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:00:18 -0700

Bernie Miklasz, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams will be placing RB Marshall Faulk (knee) on the Injured Reserve, likely the end of Faulk's career.

Hutch13
07-11-2006, 02:50 PM
from www.kffl.com

Rams | Faulk to be placed on IR
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:00:18 -0700

Bernie Miklasz, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams will be placing RB Marshall Faulk (knee) on the Injured Reserve, likely the end of Faulk's career.

Well that just increases the chances of Bennett going to the rams

texan279
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/A54F9B01ABC1B8AF862571BE001B6402?OpenDocument

Linehan confirmed that surgeons in Los Angeles were unable to repair running back Marshall Faulk's right knee Friday. Linehan said they found that Faulk's posterior cruciate ligament was too damaged to continue the procedure.

"There wasn't much left of the ligament," Linehan said. "If he wants to have a chance to ever play again, he's probably going to have to have a complete reconstruction."

Hervoyel
08-03-2006, 09:43 AM
For some reason when I read "Linehan" I saw "Leinart" on that one texan279. I don't know what's wrong with my eyes but maybe it was seeing "Los Angelas" right after the name.

I was thinking "Why in the hell is a rookie QB for the Cardinals performing surgery on Marshall Faulk's right knee? Don't they have real doctors for this kind of thing"

texan279
08-03-2006, 09:46 AM
:rofl: For some reason when I read "Linehan" I saw "Leinart" on that one texan279. I don't know what's wrong with my eyes but maybe it was seeing "Los Angelas" right after the name.

I was thinking "Why in the hell is a rookie QB for the Cardinals performing surgery on Marshall Faulk's right knee? Don't they have real doctors for this kind of thing"

:rofl:

premiumsuperstar
08-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Damn, heard something about him on NFL Network. He should just retire now because his knee is just getting worse, and worse. I have a lot of respect for him but i just think he should call it quits