PDA

View Full Version : A Titan as a Possible Texan?

Outlander
06-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Has anyone heard anything about this? Read on....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtVL0iSzA5tbT.nk4YhthdRDubYF?slug=jm-brown060906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

TexanFan881
06-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Ya I just posted that in a different thread. I would love to see Chris come here as he has a lot to bring to the table, as long as we don't give up that much.

Outlander
06-09-2006, 01:27 PM
The one problem might be the long term contract possibly that was mentioned in the article. I agree though, I think he would bring a skill set that Kubes could exploit.

Sportsfan
06-09-2006, 01:28 PM
I'd like to have Brown. He's a one-cut, straight-ahead fast back. Would be good in our offense i believe.

mexican_texan
06-09-2006, 01:30 PM
The Titans are idiots. Brown is a good back and for two years in a row, they've spent first day picks for a RB.

Frills
06-09-2006, 01:34 PM
With Brown and DD we might have 1 RB that can last a whole season

TheOgre
06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
His inability to stay healthy concerns me.

TexanFan881
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM

Hey, he's an upgrade over Bennett, in production recently and in health :redtowel:

Vinny
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
His inability to stay healthy concerns me.It concerns the Titans too since they gave a 3rd round pick for Travis Henry and a 2nd for Lendale White in the last draft. :crutch:

DominickDavisFan76
06-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Wait didnt he get hit stuck by.....Jason Simmons?

Or am I thinking someone else?

LORK 88
06-09-2006, 02:02 PM
The Titans are idiots. Brown is a good back and for two years in a row, they've spent first day picks for a RB.
Of course the Titans are idiots, but thats what makes whoopin up on them every year so much fun!! (minus last year of course)

MightyTExan
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Brown is built like a WR not a RB. And he runs with a straight posture.

ledzeppelin229
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM

Yep...isn't that the hit that jacked up his shoulder?

texan279
06-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I'd give 'em Todd Wade for him...:stirpot:

CloakNNNdagger
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=3781Yep...isn't that the hit that jacked up his shoulder?

He sustained a shoulder "zinger" (brachial plexus injury) in October 2005 (Cardinals game).

He is indeed an upright runner which has contributed to many of his problem injuries.

In the 1st week of TC in his 2003 rookie year, he sustained a hamstring injury which kept him out of all 4 preseason games and 5 regular games.

In 2004, he played through ankle problems (sprain occurred in the opener) and a shoulder zinger and turf toe. He finally succumbed to the turf toe missing the least 5 regular season games. Surgery was not deemed necessary, but rest was.

In the next offseason, he underwent successful "cleanout" ankle arthroscopy.

In 2005, a right fractured hand in preseason minicamp occurred but did not affect any of this season. In September, he left a game with a concussion. He missed the last game of the season with an ankle injury. He did have hamstring tightening (no formal tears) throughout the season which he played though.

From all of his history of nagging, but not really major injuries, he has proven to be one tough RB. He would be a 1st/2nd down type because of his speed and style.

Turf toe seems to be endemic to Titans RB's............George, Henry, Brown............could it be in the water?..............or in the Turf????

[Interesting also is that both Lendale White and Reggie Bush have had their
1st introduction to hammy's.]

(Jeff Fischer on running back Chris Brown’s off-season)http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=3781

Chris is in terrific shape, he’s explosive and his legs are good. We don’t have any issues. With the guys that are on the field right now we don’t have any issues. We’re anxious to get some of the other guys back. They will be back in June, but Chris looks really well.

WiiBrawler
06-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I would welcome Chris Brown with open arms, he is very talented, and like Frills said, we could actually have one RB healthy the whole season

Nawzer
06-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I've been a big Chris Brown fan ever since he was in Colorado. I thought he was very underrated when he came out. I think if the Texans got him he will be a very good addition to our team.

TEXANRED
06-09-2006, 05:10 PM
You would have to be the worst GM in the world to do a trade with your division rival.

Oh......................................... sorry charlie.:tease:

TexanFan881
06-09-2006, 06:06 PM
You would have to be the worst GM in the world to do a trade with your division rival.

Not if we rip them off :poker: :superman: :texflag:

aj.
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
* when healthy

DRAMA
06-09-2006, 09:52 PM
* when healthy

True - but when healthy, that cat would be perfect for Kubes system. He's literally a one step-cut-go type of back. He'd be a great fit here - I really believe that...

...if healthy.

TK_Gamer
06-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Oh......................................... sorry charlie.:tease:

I honestly dont think manegement even cares if a team is a division rival if they get value for their trade. we arent talking about trading high picks or starting players. at best it would be an insurance trade in case DD has lingering problems.

Texas
06-09-2006, 11:40 PM
That would be bad ass!

joetexan
06-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Let's see - Coach from Denver, GM from Denver, RB who played at U. of Colorado...all fits to me! I love Chris Brown. He can be an absolute beast at RB when healthy. Would be a great fit with DD too. Getting excited :bananasplit:

texan279
06-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Brown has missed 6 games in 2 seasons. And being he plays for a division rival I would expect Tennessee would want way too much for him from us. I am not going to get too excited about this trade even if it happens, unless we trade someone like Wade.

TexanFan80
06-10-2006, 01:24 AM
I would love to have him but im afraid we would give up too much for a guy that can have a 1000 yds 6 tds in 11 games

Tale Gator
06-10-2006, 01:29 AM
When healthy Chris Brown is unstoppable.

Unfortunately he always has some nagging injuries -- however Brown works very hard to overcome his injury problems and remain productive. Early in his career Brown was suffering from constant hamstring injuries, he educated himself and learned ways to strengthen the muscles so they wouldn't give him so much trouble.

He solved the problem.

My point is CB has a strong work ethic and wants to be a superstar. He will work hard and learn new ways to train to strengthen his trouble areas (i.e.) ankles/ etc. CB is the kind of guy who explodes on the NFL in his 4th year after he figures out ways to beat the injury bug.

I am very much for grabbing this guy, but I would want to feel like we were getting a deal.

Hutch13
06-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Chris Brown if he stays healthy and in the right system that thrives on his size and speed in a more run oriented system could be very dangerous and be someone to look out for. This would be a great one-two punch with Domanick Davis and Chris Brown.

texan279
06-10-2006, 02:01 AM
If this guy was all that, Tennessee wouldn't even be looking to trade him with an injured out of shape LenDale White and Travis Henry being the next 2 RB's in line there. Brown is in the last year of his contract and would probably want a new long term contract from whoever he went to. If they are looking to trade him, they are probably just trying to get rid of his almost $2 million dollar salary for 2006 so they wouldn't have to pay any dead money next season.

cj5776
06-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Once again the source is nothing more than a friend of the player. It's still a step in the right direction compared to guy who made the post about DD getting traded, he knew that friend.

I still think sometimes a team listens to trade offers, just to get a feel for the market. But the chance they persue any of the talk is very slim. As far as the Titans, I see them cutting Henry either this year or next. Brown and White along with V Young is the future of Tennessee.

mexican_texan
06-10-2006, 04:18 PM

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5345/houstontexans3ry3yc.gif

Hulk75
06-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Sounds good to me, if Smith cant get this deal done then he should be fired!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: JUST KIDDING.

But really this would be a nice pick up for our running game, a very nice pick up, but a draft trade or a player trade or both?

Revolution
06-10-2006, 05:04 PM
And he runs with a straight posture.

Like Eric Dickerson and Eddie George. Nah, we wouldn't want any back that runs with a straight posture! I know its not ideal, but that is the last thing I care about.

Note: I am not comparing Brown to either player.

TexanFan881
06-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Sounds good to me, if Smith cant get this deal done then he should be fired!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: JUST KIDDING.

But really this would be a nice pick up for our running game, a very nice pick up, but a draft trade or a player trade or both?

I would think we would trade one of our players along with a second day draft choice in 2007. Hopefully it will be a player that's at a position with a lot of depth along with a late draft choice.

Hulk75
06-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I would think we would trade one of our players along with a second day draft choice in 2007. Hopefully it will be a player that's at a position with a lot of depth along with a late draft choice.
Greenwood and a 4th? That would be nice

TexanFan881
06-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Greenwood and a 4th? That would be nice

That's exactly what I was thinking and hoping. Maybe a fifth round pick instead of a fourth round pick but I may just be hoping. :redtowel:

Wolf
06-10-2006, 05:54 PM
http://www.gridironlounge.com/forums/pigskin-discussions/potential-chris-brown-tj-duckett-1817/

A league source said that the Broncos have been associated with another veteran running back T.J. Duckett of the Atlanta Falcons as part of a potential three-team trade. The deal would also send Broncos wide receiver Ashley Lelie to the New England Patriots and Patriots tight end Daniel Graham to the Falcons, who could also receive a draft choice.

Both Denver and Houston will run offensive schemes that could entice a runner like Brown, who is a straight-head guy with the ability to make one cut and go.

Blu
06-10-2006, 06:16 PM
what? another D.D.?

Samer
06-10-2006, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't mind having him as a Texan but not for a high price....as long as he comes cheap then sure...no need to break the bank