PDA

View Full Version : Blurb about Kevin Walter...from Kube

Bearfan Blue and Orange
06-09-2006, 11:41 AM
:redtowel:

Here is a comment about the WR from Cinci aquired in FA this offseason, Kevin Walter. Sounds promising. This was a quote by Kube...

Wide receiver Kevin Walter could probably walk down Kirby Drive next to Reliant Stadium and go unnoticed. That may soon change as Walter as made some great strides during workouts over the past few weeks and made a great catch Thursday leaving many to wonder if he has caught Kubiak’s eye. He has.

“He’s a fine player and he’s a great kid,” Kubiak said. “We felt very fortunate when we got him. I see Kevin as a kid who’s got a chance to be a starter in this league for a long time so it’s a nice situation for us as a team.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2630

The Dude Abides
06-09-2006, 12:20 PM
:yahoo: good news. hopefully it will work out.

real
06-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Hopefully he becomes our future #2 ...

infantrycak
06-09-2006, 12:37 PM
There was a Kyle Shanahan interview the other day where the question stated Walters wasn't a big play WR but what were was he looking like as a possession type guy. Shanahan promptly corrected the interviewer saying Walters is very capable of making big plays and has been making tremendous progress at camp. Hopefully he is right.

AFD1717
06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm just as curious to see what Shanahan can do as I am Walters.

Texas
06-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I think he will end up being a good #2 for us when E. Moulds retires!

Vinny
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
He looks like he can be a player who could be in the mold of Joe Jurevicius and Drew Bennett. Both of those guys are 6'5" and Walter is only 6'3, but he has a similar physical style, can block and seems to have pretty good speed. I picked him up for a few weeks on my dynasty team last year. Should have kept him.

Brandon420tx
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
There was a Kyle Shanahan interview the other day where the question stated Walters wasn't a big play WR but what were was he looking like as a possession type guy. Shanahan promptly corrected the interviewer saying Walters is very capable of making big plays and has been making tremendous progress at camp. Hopefully he is right.

Something about this young coach correcting a reporter on the facts makes me smile.

Its like he slapped the guy, and in doing so told all the media they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Okay, that was an overstatement, but its good to know KS will not let the media dictate what he'll say.

Texans_Chick
06-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Something about this young coach correcting a reporter on the facts makes me smile.

Its like he slapped the guy, and in doing so told all the media they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Okay, that was an overstatement, but its good to know KS will not let the media dictate what he'll say.

I think that happens a lot to players. They get pigeonholed as a such-and-such, and this becomes the shorthand to describe everything that they are.

Maybe that makes sense after someone has been in the league for a while and is accustomed to a system, but doesn't make sense for describing most of the Texans.

Really, after you hear Kyle talk for a while, you lose track of how old he is. He's genius Mike's only son, so I am guessing he knows a thing or ten about his father's offense.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Hopefully he becomes our future #2 ...

I hope he does also, I know he has the talent, skills, work ethic, and determination if given the opportunity; he will shine. I especially like the players he has learned from since drafted by the Giants. Ike, Toomer, Chad Johnson, TJ, and now Moulds and AJ. That is one great team of mentors.

TexanFan881
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I think he will end up being a good #2 for us when E. Moulds retires!

That would be nice so that we don't have to spend a future first day pick on a new #2 for awhile :thumbup

The Preacher
06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Walter is gonna light it up....63 catches....7 touchdowns.....4 pancakes. He came around against Pitt and showed he can be a #1. Optimistic maybe but realistic yes.

TexanFan881
06-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Walter is gonna light it up....63 catches....7 touchdowns.....4 pancakes. He came around against Pitt and showed he can be a #1. Optimistic maybe but realistic yes.

In Denver they didn't really use a #3 WR so I don't see Walter being that productive, but we can all hope he will be :yahoo:

The Preacher
06-09-2006, 04:46 PM
In Denver they didn't really use a #3 WR so I don't see Walter being that productive, but we can all hope he will be :yahoo:

I think I meant to say a #2. If AJ goes cold or Carr is hurting for time I can imagine he could have a few 6 or 7 catch games. I think he definitely gets into the fifties. Should be interesting.

Hutch13
06-10-2006, 04:14 AM
I really like this guy and i dont think he had a good chance to prove him self at Cincy with Chad Johnson TJ Houshmandzadeh Chris Perry. He also has a fearless attitude and adjusts smoothly to the off-target throws which will be good considering that David Carr will be getting rushed a lot.

DRAMA
06-10-2006, 12:39 PM

True, but who did they really have? Denver's always done a a good job with marginal talent. They did great when they had real good talent, i.e...McCaffrey AND Smith.

Lelie, Charlie Adams, Watts, etc...? Their WR's are horrendous.

Would anybody take Denver's WR talent over ours? Moulds, AJ, Walters, Putz?

Heck, if you had to choose based on talent alone - would you take Denver's entire team or the Texans' entire team? I'd say 95% of GM's would take our talent....now that we have coaching, we'll see how the 'talent' comes together. :drool:

Vinny
06-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Heck, if you had to choose based on talent alone - would you take Denver's entire team or the Texans' entire team? I'd say 95% of GM's would take our talent....now that we have coaching, we'll see how the 'talent' comes together. :drool:
Homer alert. :homer:

Ibar_Harry
06-10-2006, 03:02 PM

Gees, we will have to post a Vinny alert.......

DRAMA
06-10-2006, 06:23 PM

Rod? Jake? Tatum? Tight End? Lelie?

Hmm...ya lost me....but I'm listenin'....

Samer
06-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I think that Walter is more than capable at WR...he isnt a superstar but has the capability to become one if he is coached well...playing behind Chad Johnson was a help and now he has Moulds and Andre Johnson...he maybe huge for us this year

Ibar_Harry
06-10-2006, 08:12 PM
We have 3 WR's who in fact can almost act like TE's. They are big, strong and can block reasonably well. Don't be surprised if in fact we use they like TE's in some situations. We are putting together a very interesting offense.:D